Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008
May be in the market for new translation services since our previous contractor was basically a glorified Google Translate. Coupled with our lack of internal resources to audit, it resulted in a lot of lovely translations.

If you can translate into any of the following languages,
  • Chinese, Simplified
  • Chinese, Traditional
  • Dutch
  • German
  • French
  • Italian
  • Japanese
  • Korean
  • Portuguese
  • Russian
  • Spanish
  • Swedish

Please send me a PM with per-word cost and a ballpark figure for a 10,000 word project. Please note that you would be translating software UI and not a manual or help guide, and so would need to be open to back-and-forth emailing or online meetings to determine proper context for a number of strings.

unlimited shrimp fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Jan 16, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dirtbag Diva
May 27, 2005
This is kind of long shot but I figure there's tons of goons in my area that might be able to help a sister out:

Job Seeker

Experience:
-Finished a BA in English Literature/minor in Film Studies with honors
-Currently finishing an MA in English Literature
-Wide variety of work experience including flower delivery, administrative assistant, data entry, tutoring (both ESL and standard), managing a record store, working in a book store, working security at concerts, working phone lines for non-partisan voter information campaigns, pretty much everything.
-Typing: 95 WPM
-Experience with the entirety of the MS Office programs as well as Quickbooks, Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator.
-Reading level fluency in Spanish and French
-Some experience with programming languages including CSS, HTML and XML. I don't know if anybody uses those anymore but I learn new things really easily.

Looking for:
Anything, really. I'm doing freelance writing and editing right now and I can't seem to find anything, even retail work, right now. If I leave off my school experience to avoid looking over-educated I end up with a huge gap that can't be explained and if I do leave my education in people assume I'll just quit within a week. I've done really well in office environments as well as jobs that deal with working with the public so if there's anybody in Raleigh that can help me out I'd be super grateful.

MS Paint
Sep 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

MrKatharsis
Nov 29, 2003

feel the bern

C7ty1 posted:

Any alternative contact info, MrKatharsis? While not for me, I've got somebody close who might be a good fit.

williamb@taskcentral.com for me. jobs@taskcentral.com if you're feeling bold and just want to go for it.

Zaftig
Jan 21, 2008

It's infectious
I don't see why not. I keep tabs on this thread and am not a tech person, and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

LiterallyATomato
Mar 17, 2009

I may be interested, depending on the exact nature of the work.

Hit an Apex
Dec 2, 2004

Real Racing. Real Sport.

Hit an Apex posted:

Job Opening

Position: Part-Time Account Manager

Small, niche publishing company looking for one or two more sales managers to work leads. Work from home a couple hours per day (preferably in the morning).

Business-to-business magazine and website. One of two market leaders in category – operating successfully since 1978.

Leads are involved in the category, but may have not advertised before. This is not a cold-calling job. Work will take place over email and phone.

The right candidate should be very comfortable on the phone! Product-specific training provided.

Perfect for a freelancing sales manager, or stay-at-home-parent with sales experience. (non-compete only).

Necessary Skills:

• Self motivated with time to dedicate a few hours per day -- preferably in the morning.
• Able to build relationships with clients, not discouraged easily.
• Strong phone and email/writing skills.
• Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Excellent research skills.
• Problem-solver mindset.
• Ability to collaborate with office staff as necessary.

PM me for details.

Still open if anyone is interested!

tvb
Dec 22, 2004

We don't understand Chinese, dude!

tvb posted:

JOB OPENING

FT, on-site SEO Copywriter

Where: Skokie, IL (just outside Chicago, accessible by CTA)

I'm the lead copywriter for an integrated marketing agency that specializes in web marketing. We're looking for an experienced SEO copywriter who can write blog posts, press releases, miscellaneous web content and print collateral. You absolutely have to have professional experience writing for the web (preferably SEO), and you have to be able to write for a very wide variety of clients -- our clients range from esoteric heavy industry and B2B groups to consumer products.

As far as SEO copywriting jobs go, this is one of the better ones out there -- we're not a content farm, and we're not a copy sweatshop.

Email me for a link to the job listing. I can't tell you how much this job pays, because I honestly don't know. I also can't do any favors, because I'm on the department's hiring committee, so really, the best I can do is point you toward the job listing. I can say for sure, though, that we're a smaller agency and that it's a junior level position. So Mad Men it ain't, but hey, we're good people.

email: trvanburen at gmail dot com

Heads up -- this is still available.

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012
n/a

Wiccan Wasteland fucked around with this message at 21:34 on May 6, 2017

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

tvb posted:

quote:

who can write blog posts, press releases, miscellaneous web content and print collateral.

I can do and have done all this in practice (graduated only a year ago)...

quote:

You absolutely have to have professional experience writing for the web (preferably SEO)

But I've never done this. I'm not saying I'm particularly interested in the position as I love my current English-y job, but I'm just saying there might be other recent grads out there who are in the same boat where they're willing to learn, but you're coming off as not willing to teach the nuances of SEO, etc.

Also Skokie's kind of ghetto :laugh:

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Jedi Knight Luigi posted:

...but you're coming off as not willing to teach the nuances of SEO, etc.

There's really no special experience needed, there's no particular skillset required to write for the web (unless you want to keyword stuff everything, which means you're doing lovely SEO in the first place).

Here, read this: http://moz.com/beginners-guide-to-seo

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Who will win the greatest battle of them all?

AfterFather posted:

My Job (Zales) is doing some hiring right now. The Job is located in Irving, Texas.

http://jobs.resourcestaffing.com/ -- Both Jobs are located under Dallas.

If you get hired for POS Technical Support and get the second shift I may be training you. :ohdear:

You don't have PM's - what's another form of contact? I basically just want to know what kind of shifts you are looking at for part time, wouldn't mind taking something on the side.

Don Markstein
Nov 5, 2008

Email sent.

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012
n/a

Wiccan Wasteland fucked around with this message at 21:34 on May 6, 2017

Schmeichy
Apr 22, 2007

2spooky4u

Smellrose

tvb posted:

E-mail sent egoodwin5588

tvb
Dec 22, 2004

Jedi Knight Luigi posted:

But I've never done this. I'm not saying I'm particularly interested in the position as I love my current English-y job, but I'm just saying there might be other recent grads out there who are in the same boat where they're willing to learn, but you're coming off as not willing to teach the nuances of SEO, etc.

Also Skokie's kind of ghetto :laugh:

Applications go through other departments before they get to mine, and if they don't have SEO experience, they don't make it far. I'm only trying to save people time and effort.

Besides, there are plenty of things I'm willing to learn, but a salaried position isn't the place to learn them. Trust me, I empathize with every unemployed or underemployed writer out there. I didn't get a real FT writing gig for three and a half years after graduation. Every job has qualifications, though, and I'd wager that 95 percent of the writing my company does is for the web. No web writing experience? No SEO experience? I'm sorry, but it's not going to work.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

tvb posted:

Applications go through other departments before they get to mine, and if they don't have SEO experience, they don't make it far. I'm only trying to save people time and effort.

Besides, there are plenty of things I'm willing to learn, but a salaried position isn't the place to learn them.

Right, and I understand that; I'm just lamenting the catch-22 sort of situation going on here.

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe

tvb posted:

Besides, there are plenty of things I'm willing to learn, but a salaried position isn't the place to learn them.

Is this specific to writing/your industry?

That seems like quite the myopic viewpoint regardless.

MrNelson007
Feb 25, 2008
The company I work for is in the middle of hiring for several positions across all the IT categories. They've made the sensible realization that relying on contractors is not a viable long-term business strategy, so they have been letting go of all contractors that refuse to switch over to FTE work and hiring to replace them. We have a lot of openings for people of all skill levels, so I apologize for not being more specific - let me know what sort of work you'd be interested in and I can see what we have in that realm. My tenure here has been entirely on the infrastructure side of things, so I would be in the best position to help you for one of those jobs, but I know some QA/Application people as well if that's more your thing.

Location: Primarily Columbus, OH, but there are a few positions in other locations in the Midwest.

tvb
Dec 22, 2004

Lowness 72 posted:

Is this specific to writing/your industry?

That seems like quite the myopic viewpoint regardless.

The idea that a person must have certain experiences and skills to qualify for a job is not exactly unusual.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

What is different about writing copy for the web, specifically?

tvb
Dec 22, 2004

Specifically, SEO copywriting like we do is basically content marketing. We handle content and SEO writing projects for our clients, which means writing projects like blogs, white papers, etc. Think of it like ghostwriting, because you have to create content as the client, so to speak. This alone probably sounds simple, but when you add search engine optimization into the mix, it gets pretty complicated.

SEO has a bad reputation, because search engine algorithms used to be relatively unsophisticated, and companies would outsource their SEO to foreign countries that produced low-quality optimized content en masse. Those algorithms are way more advanced now, though, and those old "game te system" strategies don't work anymore. This means to create optimized content and gain search engine value for a site, you have to develop a sophisticated strategy and play by a whole shitload of really good rules.

SEO is really one of those things that is way, way more complex than it gets credit for -- at least when it's done right -- so if someone doesn't have any experience with it, it's like learning to write in another language.

Sorry if this isn't a very thorough reply -- I'm typing it on my phone. I could go on and on about this, but basically, the point is just that it's different enough from, say, journalism that it's important to have at least some background in it, or in web marketing in general.

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe

tvb posted:

The idea that a person must have certain experiences and skills to qualify for a job is not exactly unusual.

It just came off as "you need these skills and experience. We will not teach you."

If everyone took that approach, no one would ever learn. It's fair to expect job qualifications. But to say a salaried position is not a place to learn... That just doesn't make sense to me.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

tvb posted:

Specifically, SEO copywriting like we do is basically content marketing. We handle content and SEO writing projects for our clients, which means writing projects like blogs, white papers, etc. Think of it like ghostwriting, because you have to create content as the client, so to speak. This alone probably sounds simple, but when you add search engine optimization into the mix, it gets pretty complicated.

Yeah, but (I speak from experience, I run the SEO department at a large marketing agency) you can teach a good writer the SEO fairy dust part in a day. It's much more important that someone be a competent user of English than have specific experience in SEO. You guys are making hiring harder than it has to be, I think.

tvb
Dec 22, 2004

Lowness 72 posted:

It just came off as "you need these skills and experience. We will not teach you."

If everyone took that approach, no one would ever learn. It's fair to expect job qualifications. But to say a salaried position is not a place to learn... That just doesn't make sense to me.

Every job is a place to learn, but not to learn the skills that constitute that position's base qualifications.

I'm not being condescending here -- take another look at the title of the job I posted. It is "SEO copywriter." So yeah, you have to have some SEO copywriting experience. This really isn't complicated or unusual.

Efexeye posted:

Yeah, but (I speak from experience, I run the SEO department at a large marketing agency) you can teach a good writer the SEO fairy dust part in a day. It's much more important that someone be a competent user of English than have specific experience in SEO. You guys are making hiring harder than it has to be, I think.

Well, our experience has been different. Talent pools vary, applicants vary. We're a small agency, and if someone comes in and can't get the hang of SEO (it doesn't come as easily to everyone as it does to you and me), it puts us in a tight spot. We need to know that someone has the basics and has some experience.

Holy loving poo poo all I wanted to do was point goons to a job listing. Can we please just move on.

tvb fucked around with this message at 06:18 on Jul 17, 2013

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe
Sorry. I get mad because getting my current company to pay for any kind of training is basically impossible. My previous employer was the exact opposite so now I'm all butt-hurt about it.

Sorry for the derail.

GanjamonII
Mar 24, 2001
My company is hiring 4 IT architects - storage and platform. One is to be based in Houston TX and three are not tied to location and will likely be on a remote or travelling basis.
These are experienced positions - while I am not the hiring manager I expect you would be required to have experience specifically doing architecture work in these areas.

PM if interested.

tvb
Dec 22, 2004

I check my PMs and what do I find but a message titled "tvb's company: no place for learning:"

quote:

TequilaJesus wrote on Jul 17, 2013 20:59:
"I haven't learned anything new since college!" Tvb's ignorant coworkers proudly exclaim through mouthfuls of un-chewed food.

I honestly don't know if this is sarcastic or not, but ok. Can we please give it a rest, people, seriously? Every job has qualifications. I don't see people giving the architect guy a hard time because his company wants to hire experienced architects and not people new to the industry.

This is beyond ridiculous. Sorry for trying to help out goons that might be looking for a job!

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

kansas
Dec 3, 2012

tvb posted:

This is beyond ridiculous. Sorry for trying to help out goons that might be looking for a job!

Everyone else aside from the sour grapes person who probably got denied from some job appreciates you posting. gently caress the haters.

Udelar
Feb 17, 2007

as the free-fall advances
I'm the moron who dances

Grimey Drawer
Two years ago, I posted my basic info in this thread. Never got a job out of it, but hey, I'm now a department chair and have positions that need fillin'. Who wants to teach some kids? We are a public charter school with certificated and non-certificated positions available. For any positions I didn't copy a job description on, feel free to PM me and I'll give basic details.

Certificated positions:

quote:

Position: Guidance Counselor - EMPLOYER REMOVED - (Augusta & Savannah)

The Guidance Counselor plans, supervises, and provides professional guidance services designed to help each student establish a strong academic, social, emotional and physical foundation so that he may be successful in school and life in the future. S/he provides prevention, intervention and crisis counseling services to students as appropriate. S/he will assist students in the EMPLOYER REMOVED center and their families with registrations for COMPASS, SAT/ACT testing, college fairs, and postsecondary applications. The Guidance Counselor evaluates transcripts and determines scheduling requirements for students in the EMPLOYER REMOVED center and in the cloud as assigned by the Director of Academic Programs & Student Support. The Guidance Counselor acts as the Advisor of record for regular education students in the EMPLOYER REMOVED center and interacts synchronously and asynchronously with the student through a variety of methods; e-mails, phone calls, as well as occasional events and face-to-face meetings. The Guidance Counselor acts as a resource for Central Services Advisors of students in the cloud as assigned by the Director of Academic Programs & Student Support. This is a full-time, year-round position, and some evening and weekend hours will be required. The Guidance Counselor may be assigned additional responsibilities as needed. The Guidance Counselor works in the EMPLOYER REMOVED center during business hours. Some statewide travel may be required and may involve overnight stays.

Main Responsibilities:
Guidance and counseling services
Demonstrate knowledge of state regulations for guidance and counseling services
Develop an annual long-range plan, based on identified student needs, that reflects national school counseling standards and state program components related to guidance curriculum, individual student planning, responsive services, and system support
Develop appropriate short-term goals, including aligned activities, resources, and schedules, to ensure full implementation of the long-range plan
Plan and conduct continuous program evaluations and maintains appropriate program accountability documentation
Provide group and individual counseling services that promote student educational, career, personal, and social development, including, but not limited to Core Values instruction and Advisory groups in the EMPLOYER REMOVED center
Provide effective direct and indirect consultation services to deliver appropriate information and assistance to parents/guardians, students, and colleagues
Coordinate guidance and counseling program services with school and community services, programs, and/or agencies
Coordinate virtual and actual college and opportunity fairs for students and families

Professional Responsibilities
Commit to the use of cutting-edge technology
Follow the Georgia ADEPT Performance Standards for Guidance Counselors
Build community by contributing to school message boards, newsletter, and events
Participate in staff meetings and professional development sessions
Communicate with colleagues and supervisors on a regular basis
Maintain confidentiality as required by the school and by law

Key Relationships:
Internal: Principal, Director of Academic Programs & Student Support, Superintendent & Chief Executive Officer; Department Chairs
External: Teachers, Advisors, Parents/Guardians, Students, Charter Board, College Admissions Officers and Dual Enrollment Coordinators, Technical College High School Initiatives Coordinators

Key Behavioral Competencies:
Personal Accountability - When commits to do something, does it decisively, responsibly and with urgency. Can be relied on consistently, including:
Demonstrates a strong sense of urgency through prioritizing and following through on commitments
Drives hard to meet and frequently exceed goals and objectives within tight timeframes

Decision Making
Makes timely decisions
Takes bold, decisive action or makes commitments, despite risks, conflict or uncertainty, after considering the available courses of action and the needs and values of others

Relationship-Building
Establishes rapport with people easily
Develops and maintains a network of contacts who can provide information, help and access to others

Courageous Leadership
Addresses difficult issues
Puts self on line to deal with important problems
Stands firm when necessary

Background:
Bachelor degree required, Masters degree preferred
Minimum three years counseling experience in a traditional (brick & mortar) school or similar program
Experience teaching or participating in an e-learning/online learning course preferred
Georgia Certification as a Guidance Counselor required
Strong written and oral skills as demonstrated by a writing example
Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook
Proficiency with multimedia communication tools, such as discussion boards, web logs, email, instant messaging, and online meeting tools
Ability and availability to travel within the state as needed, including overnight
High degree of flexibility
Demonstrated ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment

quote:

Position: Literacy Specialist
Job Summary:

This certified teacher is responsible for managing the Achieve 3000 reading program, facilitating subject-specific online coursework, and providing direct instruction to students in the -EMPLOYER REMOVED- Center in both group and individual formats. The Literacy Specialist will direct the activities of students enrolled in Achieve 3000, deliver any associated direct instruction, and will monitor student progress in increasing Lexile reading levels. The Literacy Specialist will work with students in the -EMPLOYER REMOVED- Center to cultivate literacy in English, History/Social science, Science, and technical subjects by providing support in reading texts for those subjects and in writing assignments. The Literacy Specialist will interact with the subject-specific Instructors in Central Services and will be responsible for providing individual and small-group direct instruction to students who need assistance in reading and in writing assignments. This is a full-time, year round position. The Literacy Specialist works from a -EMPLOYER REMOVED- center during business hours. Some travel may be required, including overnight.

Main Responsibilities:
Instruction and Student Achievement
Initiate and strengthen relationships with students
Learn the -EMPLOYER REMOVED- curriculum
Demonstrate knowledge of Common Core Georgia Performance Standards in English Language Arts and in Literacy for History/Social Science, Science, and Technical Subjects
Evaluate and provide feedback for students’ rough-draft writing assignments.
Supplement and reinforce the English curriculum with online and offline materials and activities
Use information generated from the student’s performance to make data-driven decisions for delivering direct instruction.
Support the learning needs of special education students
Organize and participate in orientation, training, social and educational activities, field trips, and clubs for students and families
Commit to the use of cutting-edge technology to deliver high-quality instruction to students
Build community by contributing to school message boards, newsletter, and events
Participate in student recruitment and registration activities to help the school meet enrollment goals
Additional duties as assigned

Key Relationships:
Internal: Central Services Instructors, Special Education Teachers, English Department Chair, Principal, and Testing Coordinator
External: Parents/Guardians, Students

Personal Accountability - When committing to do something, does it decisively, responsibly and with urgency. Can be relied on consistently, including:
Demonstrates a strong sense of urgency through prioritizing and following through on commitments
Drives hard to meet and frequently exceed goals and objectives within tight timeframes.
Decision Making
Makes timely decisions
Takes bold, decisive action or makes commitments, despite risks, conflict or uncertainty, after considering the available courses of action and the needs and values of others.
Adaptability
Responds to change with a positive attitude and a willingness to learn new ways of working.
Seeks new skills, behaviors and knowledge to increase personal performance capabilities.
Relationship-Building
Develops and maintains a network of contacts who can provide information, help and access to others.

Background:
Bachelor’s degree in English or another liberal arts area, master’s degree preferred
Georgia teacher certification, reading endorsement preferred
Minimum two years teaching experience in a traditional (brick & mortar) or blended-learning school preferred
Experience teaching or participating in an e-learning/online learning course preferred
Strong written and oral skills demonstrated by a writing sample
Proficiency with multimedia communication tools, such as discussion boards, web logs, email, instant messaging and online meeting tools
Ability and availability to travel within the state as needed, including overnight

quote:

Position: Science Department Chair
Job Summary:
This subject-specific lead teacher is responsible for managing up to two Advanced Placement courses in the virtual learning environment and providing instruction to students in these classes in both group and individual formats. The Department Chair interacts synchronously and asynchronously with the student through a variety of methods, including online lectures, discussion groups, tutorials, e-mails, and phone calls, as well as occasional events. Department Chairs not teaching AP courses, or only teaching a single AP course, will be assigned additional duties. The Department Chair will be the subject expert and will interact with the Georgia Department of Education to stay abreast of Common Core and other relevant topics in the subject area. The Department Chair will interact with the subject-specific Instructors in Central Services and will be responsible for providing Georgia-specific professional development to those Instructors and to center-based Teachers and Tutors. The Department Chair will manage a Region for statewide testing. The Department Chair will be responsible for hiring, training, and supervising Testing Examiners and Proctors in his/her region. The Department Chair will be responsible for collaborating with the High School Initiatives Coordinators at the Technical Colleges in his/her Region to secure low- or no-cost testing space. If space is unavailable at a Technical College, the Department Chair will be responsible for securing alternate space for testing. This is a full-time, year round position, and some evening and weekend hours will be required. The Department Chair works from a home-based office. Statewide travel will be required, including overnight.

Main Responsibilities:
Instruction and Student Achievement
Learn the Advanced Placement curriculum for assigned grade levels and subjects
Demonstrate knowledge of Common Core Georgia Performance Standards, End of Course and Georgia High School Graduation testing requirements, and graduation requirements within the core content area
Evaluate and provide feedback for subjective questions in the students’ assessments.
Monitor Discussion Boards / Forums to answer student questions and resolve issues within 24 hours of the original posting.
Approve student Blog entries before they are posted.
Supplement and reinforce the curriculum with online and offline materials and activities
Use information generated from the student’s performance to make data-driven decisions and adjustments to the curriculum and learning model.
Use the -EMPLOYER REMOVED- Marks System to provide students and parents with regular feedback regarding student performance and progress
Support the learning needs of special education students
Review student achievement data and lead efforts to increase outcomes
Maintain the Learning Environment
Initiate and strengthen relationships with students and their families through many different interactions online
Grade essays and open-ended response items and provide feedback to students
Update the Gradebook System in a timely manner to correspond with progress reports, intervention plans, and quarterly grade reports
Manage the Testing Program
Identify available space for state testing
Evaluate prospective testing facilities and secure the most cost-effective option
Act as the primary point of contact for site administrators of testing facilities
Ensure that the facilities are available for the scheduled testing dates & times
Hire, train, and maintain a pool of certified educators to serve as Testing Examiners and Proctors
Ensure the security and integrity of testing materials
Coordinate the distribution of testing materials to Testing Examiners
Verify that all testing materials are returned to the Testing Coordinator on time
Provide Professional Learning
Identify professional learning needs in the subject area
Schedule training events at centers and online
Keep subject-area staff apprised of professional learning opportunities provided by the Georgia Department of Education, the Georgia Charter Schools Association, and professional membership associations
Organize and participate in orientation, training, social and educational activities, field trips, and clubs for students and families
Commit to the use of cutting-edge technology to deliver high-quality instruction to students state-wide
Participate in student recruitment and registration activities to help the school meet enrollment goals

Key Relationships:
Internal: Central Services Advisors and Instructors, Special Education Teachers, Guidance Counselors, Principals, Special Education Coordinator, Testing Coordinator, Director of Academic Programs and Student Support, and Chief Operating Officer
External: Parents/Guardians, Students, Georgia Department of Education, Technical College System High School Initiatives Coordinators, other testing site administrators

Personal Accountability - When committing to do something, does it decisively, responsibly and with urgency. Can be relied on consistently, including:
Drives hard to meet and frequently exceed goals and objectives within tight timeframes.
Decision Making
Makes timely decisions
Takes bold, decisive action or makes commitments, despite risks, conflict or uncertainty, after considering the available courses of action and the needs and values of others.
Adaptability
Responds to change with a positive attitude and a willingness to learn new ways of working.
Seeks new skills, behaviors and knowledge to increase personal performance capabilities.
Relationship-Building
Develops and maintains a network of contacts who can provide information, help and access to others.

Background:
Bachelor’s degree, master’s degree preferred
Advanced Placement certification
Minimum two years teaching experience in a traditional (brick & mortar) or virtual school preferred
Georgia Teacher Certification
Content proficiency
Baccalaureate or Advanced degree in the subject to be taught, or
Passed a rigorous state content exam in the subject
Proficiency with multimedia communication tools, such as discussion boards, web logs, email, instant messaging and online meeting tools
Experience developing and revising curriculum preferred

I will also have some PRN work for certified teachers as Testing Administrators, which we need in ALL areas of Georgia. We are still working on this schedule, but it's likely something that will take place at the same time as standard school hours, so retired Georgia certified teachers would be ideal, or teachers that are currently in a non-standard schooling environment. Just PM if you're interested and I'll let you know when I know more.

Non-Certificated Positions

quote:

Position: Tutor - Ft.Stewart & Ft. Gordon - EMPLOYER REMOVED
Role: Tutor
Location: Ft.Stewart (Savannah) & Fort Gordon (Augusta) Satellite Learning Center
Reports to: Principal
Direct Reports: N/A

Job Summary:
The Tutor, as a member of the instructional team, works under the supervision of the Principal. This person works in the EMPLOYER REMOVED satellite learning center, facilitating online instruction and related services. Such assistance may include, but is not limited to collecting data, providing instructional assistance, scheduling online tutorial sessions with Central Services Teachers, guiding additional practice opportunities, and re-teaching concepts. The Tutor works a calendar and workday that corresponds to the center host program, not the main campus calendar or business hours. The Tutor attends staff meetings and trainings scheduled by the host program, as well as professional learning scheduled by the Principal.

Main Responsibilities:
Implement district and host program policies and procedures;
Establish and maintain solid working relations with colleagues;
Participate in professional learning with the learning team at the center;
Provide support and assistance to students;
Demonstrate creativity, flexibility, and perseverance in dealing with challenging learning, behavioral, family, and classroom situations;
Assist in the administration of intake assessments and assessments used to monitor individual progress;
Provide orientation to new students at the satellite center
Collect data on student requests for academic assistance and provide weekly reports to the Central Services Instructors
Assist with paperwork and clerical duties as needed.

Demonstrates the ability to work effectively under the direction of others;
Demonstrates a willingness to assume all responsibilities assigned which are appropriate for the position.
Demonstrates initiative, always keeping in mind the best interest of the students and the program.
Willingly cooperates and works collaboratively towards solutions which generally benefit all involved parties; works cooperatively with others to accomplish school objectives; promotes collaboration and partnerships.
Gives credit and recognition to others who have contributed towards team or group goals; respects different opinions, seeking them out to challenge thinking and enhance collaborative efforts
Works collaboratively to creatively problem solve with staff to meet students’ unique needs in a technology- based instructional learning environment

Background Requirements:
Meets highly-qualified paraprofessional requirements: Has obtained a HS diploma or GED and:
Completed two years of full-time study at an institution of higher education (48 semester hours in some states and 60 in others); or
Obtained an Associate’s degree; or
Meets rigorous standards of quality and demonstrates through a formal assessment the knowledge of, and the ability to assist in, reading, writing, and mathematics.
Must possess reliable transportation
Must be able to provide documentation to support admission to a military base
Experience working with at-risk students

The tutor is a full-time paraprofessional position, where you would be expected to provide help with both English and Mathematics (up to Algebra I), and schedule students with their teachers for anything you're not confident you can help with. Savannah and Augusta are in parentheses because that is where your principals are located: you will be reporting to the Savannah and Augusta centers occasionally for training and professional development.

quote:

Position: Math Facilitator
Job Summary:
This instructional support staff member is responsible for supporting students in math achievement, facilitating subject-specific online coursework, and providing math tutoring in arithmetic and pre-algebra skills to students in the -EMPLOYER REMOVED- Center in both group and individual formats. The Math Facilitator will work with students in the -EMPLOYER REMOVED- Center to cultivate math achievement by providing support in completing coursework in math. The Math Facilitator will monitor student progress in math courses and will provide weekly reports to the Math Coordinator on tutoring provided to students, including what skills were worked on and any other data collected with regard to Math. The Math Facilitator will assist students in scheduling online tutoring with the Central Services Instructors for math work that is beyond the ability of the Facilitator to provide assistance for. This is a full-time, year round position. The Math Facilitator works from a -EMPLOYER REMOVED- center during business hours. Some travel may be required, including overnight.

Main Responsibilities:
Instructional Support and Student Achievement
Initiate and strengthen relationships with students
Be able to navigate the -Employer Removed- Math curriculum in the Portal
Supplement and reinforce the Math curriculum with online and offline materials and activities
Use information generated from the student’s performance to make data-driven decisions for delivering tutoring.
Commit to the use of cutting-edge technology to deliver high-quality instruction to students

Key Relationships:
Internal: Central Services Instructors, Math Coordinator, Principal
External: Parents/Guardians, Students

Decision Making
Makes timely decisions
Adaptability
Relationship-Building

Background:
Bachelor’s degree, math degree preferred
Experience tutoring or participating in an e-learning/online learning course preferred

Udelar fucked around with this message at 13:56 on Aug 5, 2013

5ikth
Jul 23, 2013

I could tell my parents hated me. My bath toys were a toaster and radio.
PC & Mac Technician

If you are in New Zealand and live in Auckland, Wellington or Christchurch and are technically minded the company I work for is on a hiring frenzy at the moment.

Basically the position is Mobile PC technician + sales perks deal.
No formal qualifications are needed but you will be tested theoretically and practically.

Basically we travel onsite to customers homes or businesses and act in a consultancy role to solve I.T problems,
offer solutions and upgrades and have a whole lot of goodies to supply carried in our cars.

The package is wages $19 NZD starting + company car, smartphone and sales perks.

Great for someone looking to establish a role in the New Zealand I.T industry.

The company website is https://www.geeksonwheels.co.nz
You can find all the adverts on https://www.trademe.co.nz under the jobs section

We can't hire enough people right now so if your interested you've got a good chance of getting in as long as you are capable.

Sivlan
Aug 29, 2006

If you're in the Seattle area (or willing to move there) and want to work in a start-up privately funded video game company, my company has three positions available. Forgive the ~happy-sappy-exciting~ tone but the postings are going to colleges so recent grads. Let me also say upfront that the pay won't be great, but all three positions are full-time including benefits and there will be the typical bonus/profit sharing from sales. It's a tiny company so if you like to be a generalist, or want to try doing stuff all over the pipeline, it would be an ideal job.

Web Developer
Position Filled
Do you have a passion for gaming and the dedication to create? Would you like the opportunity to explore different aspects of game development? Apply to an independent development studio! If you have the passion for developing quality and engaging game systems and interfaces, this could be the job for you.

[REMOVED], an independent game studio located in Issaquah, WA, is hiring programmers to contribute to our flagship product. Currently we are seeking motivated developers familiar with web development technologies, including Ruby+Rails, RESTful protocols, and SQL database for creating compelling web driven game interfaces. Familiarity with the Unity development engine and mobile device development is a plus. The ideal candidate will be self-starting, adaptable, comfortable with delivering products on a deadline, and familiar with software development in a team setting using collaboration tools. As this is a small, agile company we can provide opportunities for self-driven individuals to work in multiple roles within the game development process.

A Computer Science or Game Development degree is required, or 2+ years of proven development experience.

Interested? Submit your resume: Send me a PM. You will be expected to sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement for the interview process.

Mobile Application Developer
Position Filled
Do you have a passion for gaming and the dedication to create? Would you like the opportunity to explore different aspects of game development? Apply to an independent development studio! If you have the passion for developing quality and engaging game systems and interfaces, this could be the job for you.

[REMOVED], an independent game studio located in Issaquah, WA, is hiring programmers to contribute to our flagship product. Currently we are seeking motivated developers familiar with mobile game development using Unity and either the Andriod or iOS SDKs. Familiarity with web development technologies such as Rails+Ruby, RESTful protocols, and SQL databases is a plus. The ideal candidate will be self-starting, adaptable, comfortable with delivering products on a deadline, and familiar with software development in a team setting using collaboration tools. As this is a small, agile company we can provide opportunities for self-driven individuals to work in multiple roles within the game development process.

A Computer Science or Game Development degree is required, or 2+ years of proven development experience.

Interested? Submit your resume: Send me a PM. You will be expected to sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement for the interview process.

2D Artist
Position Filled
Do you have a passion for gaming and the dedication to create? Would you like to see your art come to life and be viewed by a wide audience? Apply to an independent development studio! If you have the passion for producing interesting and engaging artwork, this could be the job for you!

[REMOVED], an independent game developer located in Issaquah, WA, is looking for artists to create both concept and production artwork for our flagship product. Currently we are seeking a 2D artists capable of producing concept art work for bringing our vision into a 3D pipeline and assisting in the development of 2D production art assets. Candidates will be expected to learn enough about 3D modeling and animation to assist with translating 2D concepts into a 3D game asset, as such familiarity with 3DS MAX or other 3D tools is a significant plus. The ideal candidate will be self-starting, flexible, willing to learn new roles, and comfortable working in a software development setting using collaboration tools. As this is a small, agile company we can provide opportunities for self-driven individuals to work in multiple roles within the art development process.

A degree in a commercial art focus, or 2+ years experience, is required.

Interested? Submit your resume: Send me a PM. You will be asked to provide a portfolio and will be expected to sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement for the interview process.

Edit: All positions filled within three weeks of posting, not too bad.

Sivlan fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Aug 27, 2013

Arcaeris
Mar 15, 2006
you feed the girls to other girls

:stare:
I wasn't sure if I should post because I'm not the hiring manager or anything, but I'm guessing that such jobs are pretty rare and it's good to put the word out because how often do they show up?

The company I just started working for is hiring an Archaeologist 3 and Biologist 2. Job location is in Ridgecrest, CA which I think is up by China Lake, north of Edwards Air Force Base.

Link is here.

For both jobs I think you'll be doing site assessments (like before construction or other work is done) for either endangered species and habitats for the Biologist and human remains/settlements/artifacts for the Archaeologist.

If you are qualified for one of these positions (they require degrees and experience) let me know by PM and I'll see about putting in a reference.

EDIT: If Archaeologist jobs are common or something, I can take this down.

Sivlan
Aug 29, 2006

Arcaeris posted:

I wasn't sure if I should post because I'm not the hiring manager or anything, but I'm guessing that such jobs are pretty rare and it's good to put the word out because how often do they show up?

The company I just started working for is hiring an Archaeologist 3 and Biologist 2. Job location is in Ridgecrest, CA which I think is up by China Lake, north of Edwards Air Force Base.

Link is here.

For both jobs I think you'll be doing site assessments (like before construction or other work is done) for either endangered species and habitats for the Biologist and human remains/settlements/artifacts for the Archaeologist.

If you are qualified for one of these positions (they require degrees and experience) let me know by PM and I'll see about putting in a reference.

EDIT: If Archaeologist jobs are common or something, I can take this down.

Does your modern archaeologist provide his own whip and gun or is there some sort of company issue gear?

Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty
Job Opening in Austin, TX

The position is called "business consultant," but you're basically a counselor for families who hire child care providers.

Candidate must:
* have a bachelor's degree in econ, business, marketing, or related
* have 1-3 years work experience (in anything)
* be fluent in Spanish

The job involves taking calls from people who need advice on labor laws and regulations with regards to household employees (nannies, maids, elder care providers, etc.) and advising them on what to do. (For example, in New York worker's comp is required, so if someone called about hiring a nanny in New York, you would have to tell them about getting worker's comp insurance in addition to the other stuff like overtime laws, how to withhold taxes, and so forth.) Previous experience in this area not required, but a plus.

I'm not the one hiring, but I can pass on your resume. PM me.

Xibanya fucked around with this message at 07:11 on Dec 20, 2015

Puffin Stuff
May 2, 2007

Fuck you, Mark! You're not my real dad!
Edit: Found one, thanks!

Puffin Stuff fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Sep 3, 2013

Udelar
Feb 17, 2007

as the free-fall advances
I'm the moron who dances

Grimey Drawer
Updated my earlier post with missing job descriptions and one new position.

Sivlan
Aug 29, 2006
2D Artist position has received a glut of resumes and is filled.

Other positions are still open though.

Dream Weaver
Jan 23, 2007
Sweat Baby, sweat baby
This is probably a long shot but here we go. I am recruiting for a friends company and she is booked solid for the next 2 months. She needs a NY LMT for part time of full time to come in.

Now Hiring:
Licensed Massage Therapist(NY State)
Nyack, NY
30-35$ an hour
Plus bonuses for each membership-
LMTs retain members(if you sell a membership, you can continue with the same member)
Bonus for member sign ups and members continuing to use the company(to LMTs)
Block shifts 9-3 & 3-9
Beautiful private office, no interruptions, free private parking,
Always booked 4-5 massages/day
30 minute breaks

Contact Me at:
jdbeddoe@gmail.com

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vx15i
Feb 9, 2003
Call center rant thread is at 3000 posts, so I figured some of you guys might be interested in this:

1000 Job Openings

Position: Remote Services Technician (RST)

Support.com is undergoing a major expansion, looking to hire over 1000 people for a new position called RST, Remote Services Technician.

This is a 40+ hours a week, set schedule, W-2 position, pays $11 an hour plus overtime. You get excellent health, dental, PTO, and other benefits. All you need is a computer, an internet connection, and a quiet place to work. No land line needed, it’s all VoIP.

http://www.support.com/about/careers/openings?nl=1&jvi=o4BQWfwb,Job&jvs=RSTPR

Because of the expansion and internal promotions we are also hiring in much smaller numbers for the Personal Technology Expert (PTE) position. PTE pays $13.50 and requires a higher skill level than RST.

http://www.support.com/about/careers/openings

If you are concerned about working in a call center, this is nothing like a call center. You have to be able to supervise yourself because there is no micromanaging. Go to the bathroom whenever you want! Shift bids are done 2-3 times a year, and if you have good metrics you can pick your own schedule.

I get a small bonus for referrals, but it has to go through the Jobvite system. Send me a PM if you want a Jobvite or have questions.