Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

LumberingTroll posted:

4100 orders left and I still haven't received my shipping notice :(

Baby Sathanas posted:

You're not alone! :ohdear:

Me neither :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

Pierzak posted:

Me neither :smith:

:ohdear: me either. Where are all of us poor lasties located?

E: I'm in the UK, FTR

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...

thespaceinvader posted:

South Dakota, USA.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
Poland here :poland:

PST
Jul 5, 2012

If only Milliband had eaten a vegan sausage roll instead of a bacon sandwich, we wouldn't be in this mess.

thespaceinvader posted:

Reaper posted:

First and foremost the reason I haven't given news about ROW is because I don't have any. We are waiting for word and until we have the go ahead (read: until they send a truck) from the post office we are stuck. We don't have the room in the shop to prestage the boxes and hold them until the truck gets here, and I'm sorry but it sucks for everyone.
I am sorry I haven't been posting. It's entirely my fault, but I've been trying to use my breaks to get stuff done re: vacation reservations for the rental car and hotels and such, among other things. The recent upheaval has been challenging.
I have no news regarding ROW. We continue to await the truck, although we are glad that we discovered the Kaladrax problem before shipping ROW so we can be sure your orders are all accurate. This is purely selfish, as shipping replacements overseas is horrifically expensive.
I digress. I know the silence is hard, and there is no excuse. We have a tendency to forget when the situation doesn't change over several days that while we know its unchanged, you all usually don't.
We are trying as hard as we can, and we know it is frustrating - we ask only that you remember that this is frustrating for us, too.
If we finish US with no word on ROW from the postal service, we will at that point have room to prestage the orders. We will not return to normal production until all the orders are done as far as we can get them. I speak daily with our UPS rep and the postal service rep, and promise to update as soon as I have news that isn't "no news".

There are about 3100 rest of the world orders, 700 odd Canada and then a few hundred shop orders (undertaker I think it was). That said while they're supposedly moving on to the rest of the world once the US is done, there's no indication of what shipping method they're going to use (other than it being with the US Postal Service), nor when that's going to start.

Could be anything up to a couple of months depending on what they're going with (e.g. surface shipping is going to take a while).

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

What's "the Kaladrax problem?" I haven't opened mine.

Diosamblet
Oct 9, 2004

Me and my shadow
The only problem I've found with Kaladrax so far is that he's comically loving huge. I can't imagine using him as anything but a display / set piece.

Nethyrmaul on the other hand is pretty much exactly right - Smaller footprint than some of the other dragons, but huge and badass looking.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

I hope I can get an extra Kaladrax base because that thing is cooler than most of the pre made terrain I've seen.

PST
Jul 5, 2012

If only Milliband had eaten a vegan sausage roll instead of a bacon sandwich, we wouldn't be in this mess.

Fix posted:

A number of them had legs or wings missing. No idea how many but I've seen a half dozen or so complaints on it.

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!
ROW here too, I feel a bit bummed that they didn't post anything through the kickstarter about having troubles with shipping abroad. Then I wouldn't have checked for shipping e-mails.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Mm, that's a little irksome, but I suppose understandable given that we're a relatively small portion of the customer base and they're busy as gently caress. But screw USPS at this point, send a drat truck you cocks.

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...
Bitch and ye shall receive!

quote:

Hi there! We're shipping out your Kickstarter stuff!

You're getting:
C'thulhu x1
Kaladrax Reborn x1
Golems x1
Owlbear x1
Griffon x1
Hydra x1
TownsFolk II x1
Dungeon Dressing x1
Nethyrmaul x1
Deep Dwellers x2
Jabberwock x1
Frost Wyrm x1
Vermin x2
Forces of Nature x1
Fire Giant Warriors x1
NOVA x2
Spider Centaurs x1
Red Dragon x1
We Be Goblins x4
Clockwork Dragon x1
Mythos Monsters x1
Undead Giant x1
Deathsleet x1
Demons x1
There Be Dragons x1
Mind your Manors x1
Frost Giants x1
Ebonwrath x1
Fire Giants x1
Dungeon Attack x2
vampire x1

Your shipment was postmarked on 07-09-2013 and is being shipped UPS Ground.

Should be here by Friday.

Bachtere
Sep 25, 2005

09/13/07

Never Forget

Pillbug
Got mine as well:

quote:

Griffon x1
Swamp Things x1
Deep Dwellers x1
Owlbear x2
Kaladrax Reborn x1
C'thulhu x5
Storm Giants x1
Hydra x1
Nethyrmaul x1
Jabberwock x2
Fire Giant Warriors x1
Red Dragon x1
IMEF Paint Set x1
Clockwork Dragon x2
Mythos Monsters x1
Deathsleet x1
Demons x1
There Be Dragons x1
Undead Paint Set x1
Ebonwrath x1
vampire x1

18 pounds of goodies. To go along with the 25 or so pounds of Reaper metals I already have.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

5x Cthulhu? :catstare:

Looks like my Kaladrax is whole and unscathed, and holy poo poo is it gigantic.

gtrmp
Sep 29, 2008

Oba-Ma... Oba-Ma! Oba-Ma, aasha deh!

Fix posted:

Aside from the already-mentioned issues, for many people, his head and the spiked end part of his tail are super soft, not like the regular Bonesium plastic but a more pliable almost rubbery material. It's pliable enough that I could bend my Kaladrax's lower jaw backwards so that the tip of his jaw touched the bottom of his skull.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

gtrmp posted:

Aside from the already-mentioned issues, for many people, his head and the spiked end part of his tail are super soft, not like the regular Bonesium plastic but a more pliable almost rubbery material. It's pliable enough that I could bend my Kaladrax's lower jaw backwards so that the tip of his jaw touched the bottom of his skull.

Yeah, mine has that. Is that something people are getting replacements for? Does it hold paint?

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes
Last I checked there wasn't any official word on the rubbery Kaladrax head and tail, I'm holding off on even assembling mine until I find out for sure if it's intended.
Reports of it's ability to hold paint have been mixed.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Fix posted:

5x Cthulhu? :catstare:
That's Bachtere. He'll have them all painted within 6 hours.

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Secure. Contain. Protect.
Fallen Rib

Fix posted:

Yeah, mine has that. Is that something people are getting replacements for? Does it hold paint?

Best theory I've heard is too much plasticizer in the mix. It does hold paint, but for some parts, they may still need replacing. Like, if one of Kally's legs were too soft, and couldn't hold him up.

InternetJunky
May 25, 2002

Someone out there is going to be the last to receive their order, I wonder who it will be.

(it's going to be me)

Nowa
Mar 20, 2006

...a gulliver of dreams.
Oh yes, Canada is shipping. Got my notice an hour ago.

BONES posted:

Mind your Manors x1
Kaladrax Reborn x1
Red Dragon x1
Clockwork Dragon x1
Demons x1
Orcapocalypse x1
vampire x1

Giant Tourtiere
Aug 4, 2006

TRICHER
POUR
GAGNER
Just got mine as well! :toot:

Bones posted:

Pirates x1
Jabberwock x1
C'thulhu x1
Forces of Nature x1
Mythos Monsters x1
Figure Case x1
vampire x1

It seems so small compared to other people's orders but I know when it gets here I'm going to be :aaa:

Ravendas
Sep 29, 2001

InternetJunky posted:

Someone out there is going to be the last to receive their order, I wonder who it will be.

(it's going to be me)

I was originally international, but then in April I emailed them asking to change the address to domestic, since I'm moving back to America. Kit at Reaper was nice and credited me with 25 bucks to tack stuff on, which I did.

They just posted on Facebook that all American shipments were sent out now. Mine hasn't been yet, so I'm either still stuck in the rest of world queue, or my shenanigans threw me to the back of the line.

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Her style is new but the face is the same as it was so long ago...
Got my stuff! As far as I can tell, I'm missing 1 figure and have 1 extra. I'll try and remember to send off an email once KS fulfillment is over. Undead Giant was definitely a wise investment, that thing is pretty rad. drat, Kaladrax is huge. Can't imagine painting it without learning to airbrush, unless I take just the head, put it on a flying base, and make it a demidracolich.

Eyespy
Dec 20, 2004

When I talk about the doomed, the scum, the people who no longer give a shit...When I talk about the filth of the city...I'm talking about you.

Hell. Yes.

aldantefax
Oct 10, 2007

ALWAYS BE MECHFISHIN'

bone draggin' dragon and some other minis! I will need to glue. In the spirit of buying minis for incredibly cheap I must also find an incredibly cheap paint solution to match!

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

aldantefax posted:

In the spirit of buying minis for incredibly cheap I must also find an incredibly cheap paint solution to match!
Starter sets from the Reaper Kicksta... oh wait. :v:

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Her style is new but the face is the same as it was so long ago...
One down, 285 to go. Jesus, that's a lot of miniatures.

Iris of Ether
Sep 29, 2005

Valkyrie is not amused
Apparently my first inclination after oathing this month was to dig into my box and paint a Bones mini for no contest credit. :confuoot:

I'm still struggling with removing the casting lines on these guys, though. Sharper knife, perhaps?

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

What do people think of the plausibility of magnetising the heads of the hydra so they can be chopped off (and regenerated, naturally) by eager heroes? It would be very cool to have a hydra mini with actually varying numbers of heads...

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Should be easy enough, but the trick is break look organic.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

What size would work, do you think?

I'm not TOO concerned about organic, I play mostly alongside WotC minis, so basically anything will look better...

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

moths posted:

Should be easy enough, but the trick is break look organic.

Red magnets?

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Honestly, with this material you're probably better off just using a thick pin from the head to a hole in the neck. There's no real need to use magnets at all.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

I did wonder about that. Probably 2 pins though, to stop it swivelling round.

I need to order some magnets anyway though...

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

It's in a flexible rubbery material, so it's probably not going to swivel that much. Just make sure the hole it's going into is slightly smaller than the pin and I don't foresee much problem.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Well, I'll give it a shot, when it comes. Hopefully shipping soon!

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

You can always try the pins first and carve out more space for a magnet afterwards if pinning doesn't pan out.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro
Kaladrax's base is so nice I'm considering just using it as terrain and not putting him on it.

I would buy the hell out of more terrain made from this stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...

JoshTheStampede posted:

Kaladrax's base is so nice I'm considering just using it as terrain and not putting him on it.

I would buy the hell out of more terrain made from this stuff.

Clearly kala needs to be put on a custom rectangular base so you can use him in games. :black101:

Also I wonder if anyone has suggested to Reaper that they should do terrain elements from this stuff?

• Locked thread