Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
may contain peanuts
Sep 28, 2007

WOW what a grate sports paly by the 49rs (better than seahawks)

interrodactyl posted:

:siren::siren::siren::siren:Goons that are attending EVO.:siren::siren::siren::siren::siren:

We're making a LINE chatroom for groupchat so you can know where other goons are playing games.

idongs: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/line/id443904275?mt=8

andorks: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=jp.naver.line.android

Once you register, go to: Settings > Profile > User ID.

Set a User ID and post it in this thread and we'll invite you to the groupchat. You can check the messages in the chatroom to figure out what other goons are doing/playing and generally keep in touch with your spergy forum citizens over the weekend.
I'm in there as mcpeanuts. I don't know when my Skullgirls pool is yet because they haven't posted them. My Injustice pool is at 10:00am at Saturday but I haven't decided yet if I'm going to wake up for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khagan
Aug 8, 2012

Words cannot describe just how terrible Vietnamese are.
I'm guessing the EVO stream times are all PST?

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

Lord Chumley posted:

Leaving from the East at 8:30 AM, should get there about 10-11 am Pacific. Looking forward to fighting Tokido in Tekken Friday morning!

You didn't post your ID :(

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
Update from the Yatagarasu indiegogo
http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/yatagarasu-attack-on-cataclysm/x/3852198?c=home

Looks like Maximillian is gonna be an ingame announcer.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hrUAk4qK-0

Hopefully this exposure along with the GGPO stretch goal announcement drives loads of money its way.

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy

Kuvo posted:

link it in here when you're done please

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3559225

Lord Chumley
May 14, 2007

Embrace your destiny.

interrodactyl posted:

You didn't post your ID :(

Wow, hello brain fart. I'm in as Jon_The_Don.

Krakhan
Oct 13, 2005

I see you.

interrodactyl posted:

:siren::siren::siren::siren:Goons that are attending EVO.:siren::siren::siren::siren::siren:

We're making a LINE chatroom for groupchat so you can know where other goons are playing games.

idongs: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/line/id443904275?mt=8

andorks: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=jp.naver.line.android

Once you register, go to: Settings > Profile > User ID.

Set a User ID and post it in this thread and we'll invite you to the groupchat. You can check the messages in the chatroom to figure out what other goons are doing/playing and generally keep in touch with your spergy forum citizens over the weekend.

Okay, I've done this too. I have been chilling at the Paris for a good part of today already. My user id for this LINE thing is krakhan.

DiscoJ
Jun 23, 2003

Just as a warning to LINE users, active group chats can drain batteries fast. Considering you may not have much opportunity to charge, you might want to turn off the notifications and just manually open the app when you want to know what's going on. Of course, that risks you missing 'urgent' messages but it's still worth considering.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Gutcruncher posted:

Update from the Yatagarasu indiegogo
http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/yatagarasu-attack-on-cataclysm/x/3852198?c=home

Looks like Maximillian is gonna be an ingame announcer.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hrUAk4qK-0

Hopefully this exposure along with the GGPO stretch goal announcement drives loads of money its way.

Who would want Maximilian as an announcer? Its like they want me to not donate to this.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

PonchAxis posted:

Who would want Maximilian as an announcer? Its like they want me to not donate to this.

Well I dont, but isnt he popular or something?

JohnnyBigPotatoes
Jun 8, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT SPENDING $732.49 ON DIABLO 3 GOLD AND THEN SELLING ALL THE ITEMS AND GOLD FOR $38.27 BECAUSE I WAS AFRAID OF THE TAXES AND IRS

Mitt Romney 2012
click here to find out more
I replaced my HORI real arcade pro ex with a SF x Tekken pro cross. I got this for £59.99 from Argos online and considering at one point you were looking at 3 times that for any kind of TE it's a pretty good deal.

My other sticks have been a SF4 SE, and two HORIs so this is my first stick with sanwa buttons and they're great, almost too sensitive as I'm used to having to really push the button in whereas these will register as soon as you apply any pressure.
The stick unit is solid and heavy and the stick itself feels great, but again slightly different form my hrap, it feels a bit stiffer but not in a bad way. It will probably loosen up a bit after some use.
Its also plug and play for PC.

If any UK goons are looking for a new stick you probably won't get a better price for TEs and a lot of the EVO coupons aren't applicable to people outside the US.

tynam
May 14, 2007
In Line as tynam_goon, throw me a chatroom invite please. I'll be flying out this afternoon, hopefully will get there in time for the judge training. Get hype!

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Some League of Legends fans have gotten together and are working on a LoL-based fighting game using the pony game engine. Controls are going to be Smash-based with some being a single button press, though all specials will be on cooldowns. They also apparently plan to have MvC 1 style assists. As far as I can tell they haven't been given a cnd yet, and Riot may be cool with it as long as they don't charge any money, though time will tell. They only have 3 characters drawn and the trailer only has gameplay for one, but they say they want to have 4-5 by release. It could potentially be interesting, or it could just be a giant, steaming pile. Either way, it should be interesting to find out!

Trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkOyG6iZueU

Website.

The gameplay and animation look really rigid, but that's to be expected from a fan game with like 5 people, and it could be a constraint of the engine. The mechanics seem like they could help get people into the game, with really simplified controls, and they've got pretty much the world's biggest fan base to pull interest from, but without knowing how it plays or how it feels to play it, there's not much that can be said.

Edit: vvvv I guess it's the old one. I don't know my engine names, they just said the one the pony game was using. It certainly looks like the old pony game.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Jul 12, 2013

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

chumbler posted:

Some League of Legends fans have gotten together and are working on a LoL-based fighting game using the pony game engine.

You mean the Skullgirls engine?

edit: drat, they actually meant the piece of poo poo MUGEN stuff that was the old pony engine.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Fightermaker is the Pony engine now? Not the Dong Dong Never Die engine? Wheres the justice...

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

chumbler posted:

Some League of Legends fans have gotten together and are working on a LoL-based fighting game using the pony game engine.

So, fans of a game that goes out of its way to remove the last vestiges of input mastery from a game that was already WarCraft 3 for slow people decide to make a fighting game, a genre entirely defined by input mastery. This can only end well. :v:

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost
With the way many of these fan fighting game projects go, it will never see release due to lost interest/dev team drama/C&D.

Even as I say this I'm still holding out for an actual release of Card Saga Wars.

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

I registered with Line as Dorkasaurus_rex

Hope y'all have setups.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
Tekken Revolution is holding a poll to add completely brand new characters to the game. The descriptions for the choices are so stupid they wrap around to being amazing.

quote:

(1) Sexy Female Tekken Force Character

A gorgeous and sexy female Tekken Force member, she is loyal to the Mishima Zaibatsu, regardless of who is in charge. As such, she was not a part of the rebellion started by Lars.
The original concept was proposed for Tekken 5, but the clothing was too revealing and the concept was scrapped for fears the rating would increase. The concept surfaced again for Tekken 6 but did not make the final cut.
There were several martial arts mentioned for this character, including Silat, Krav Maga, Savate, Taekkyeon, Systema, and Escrima.
If chosen, the design may need be altered in order to pass the ratings boards.

(2) Syake/Salmon

Originally planned for Tekken 3, punch buttons would cause the Salmon to flop around, and the kick buttons would make it release eggs, which was quite an idea at the time. However, arcades were still popular worldwide, and charging 100 yen (1 USD) per play with such a character was likely to be a problem. That, and the fact that character would be always be the target of Kuma, lead to the concept being scrapped.
If the Tekken 3 arcade board is hacked, you will notice there is placeholder data with the character’s name remaining. This has been discovered by a few hardcore fans in the past (video is on Youtube) . If, for some unforeseen reason, this character is actually chosen, development may be quite difficult.

(3) Female Vampire (A young girl, long imprisoned by the Rochefort family)

A young female vampire that has been imprisoned in a wing of the Rochefort Estate, where Lili was raised.
She has a dark personality, but her gothic attire and uncanny beauty are mesmerizing. During development of Tekken 6, she was proposed as a character that used an actual martial art, but also with fireballs, like a 2D fighting game character.
However, aside from Harada, a strange phenomena occurred in which many members got married or gave birth to children around the same time. As a result, not many staff were left at work to complete the character, and she was discarded. The concept was salvaged again during Tekken 6 BR, but the same strange phenomena occurred again and Harada locked the concept away in a safe, wanting to keep it secured within the development team since it (she) seems to bring good fortune.

(4) Shin Kamiya

A classmate of Jin Kazama who appeared in the 3DCG movie Tekken Blood Vengeance.
The fact that his implementation would impact the main story line, that he died in the movie, and that he doesn’t know any martial arts, make him a difficult character to be included in the game.
There were ideas to make him appear in the game as he was before he died, and also to have him be reborn as an immortal type of character.

(5) Tougou

Fellow Tekken Force member and friend of Lars Alexandersson, he joined Lars in the coup against the Mishima Zaibatsu.
He appears in Scenario Campaign in Tekken 6. His fighting style is similar to Lars’, but he also uses the sword on his waist for certain attacks.
He could also call in air strikes via his radio. Since he died in the game, he was never implemented as a playable character.

(6) Zombie Bride

A zombie bride to be in a wedding dress.
The idea first came up around Tekken 3 as the first fighting zombie in a game. The idea resurfaced again for Tekken 6, as the sister of Miguel, who was called in an air strike and came back to life.
Since the fighting style for a zombie would be quite difficult to create, the idea was scrapped.

(7) Female Paul

For some inexplicable reason, Paul is transformed into a girl, but the appearance is of a very cute girl. The concept was thrown out in 2 seconds, as it was too off-the-wall.

(8) Giant Praying Matis

During development of Tekken 3, a bug caused the joints of a character to move backwards, and the character model was deformed. It looked like it would be a strong fighter, so there was an idea to actually implement it, but the idea was discarded for lack of development time. Like with Syake/Salmon, the Insect blank data can be found when the Tekken 3 arcade board is hacked. This was also found by some very hardcore fans, and video can be found on Youtube.

(9) Average, run-of-the-mill Old Man

You average old man, like the one you find in almost any neighborhood. He is not a martial artist, so he is pretty weak.
It was an idea mentioned early in the series, and thrown out the instant it was mentioned.

(10) GANMI-chan

A teenage female Sumo wrestler who idolizes Ganryu.
The original idea was proposed for Tag 2, but was discarded 5 seconds later in order to focus on increasing the popularity of Ganryu.
A character sketch was completed several years ago, and the result was of a cute character, like you would find in Idol Master.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

just a butt posted:

Tekken Revolution is holding a poll to add completely brand new characters to the game. The descriptions for the choices are so stupid they wrap around to being amazing.

The female sumo character is the least nutso one out there, but only because its been done before:

Ashenai
Oct 5, 2005

You taught me language;
and my profit on't
Is, I know how to curse.
What the christ, I'm pretty sure I came up with all of these character concepts in sixth grade during social studies class. What's next, Namco? Are you going to steal my idea for Shellnax Mechnor Prime, the cyborg with a dark past who is also a Ninja Turtle? Is Hexa Blackfire, the evil sorceress with huge tits who wields twin Shadow Blades, no longer safe? :gonk:

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

Pretty sure that female Paul and Ganryu are the only logical choices. You know, behind the salmon of course.

Tokyo Incident
Nov 1, 2011

relax
At least they haven't resorted to pulling in Ken Mishima from Ehrgeiz yet. Salmon #1.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
The Salmon and Pauline Phoenix sound like amazing choices. See, Lab Zero? Those are the type of DLC characters we expect from a fighting game poll, not "pro wrestler" and "magical girl". :colbert:

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Dias posted:

The Salmon and Pauline Phoenix sound like amazing choices. See, Lab Zero? Those are the type of DLC characters we expect from a fighting game poll, not "pro wrestler" and "magical girl". :colbert:

gently caress you. Beowulf looks amazing <3

Nativity In Black
Oct 24, 2012

If you're gonna have roads, you're gonna have roadkill.
Not sure if I should ask here or the EVO thread, but does anyone have a rundown of the EVO sales? I want to pick up a stick this weekend.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

All I've gotten is an email from Focus-Attack, which has basically everything (except complete joystiqs) 15% off with the coupon code "** EVO2013"

Fruitsnacks
Oct 28, 2007

Nativity In Black posted:

Not sure if I should ask here or the EVO thread, but does anyone have a rundown of the EVO sales? I want to pick up a stick this weekend.
It's fine to ask here.

http://www.madcatz.com/evo-2013-preview/ - Scroll down to see some Madcatz coupon codes for their store: http://madcatzstore.com/evo

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Fruitsnacks posted:

It's fine to ask here.

http://www.madcatz.com/evo-2013-preview/ - Scroll down to see some Madcatz coupon codes for their store: http://madcatzstore.com/evo

80 bucks for the Soul Calibur sticks is a good deal.

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica
Most of the suggested characters are creepy nerd wank material.

Ordinary old man or bust.

Friendly Factory
Apr 19, 2007

I can't stand the wailing of women
Are there any good Youtube channels where people just play fighting games online? Live or planned commentary are both fine. I guess I'm looking for something like Maximilian except good. I've already exhausted the many varied adventures of Gootecks and Mike Ross.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Finally, a fish worth voting for.

dj_de
Jul 24, 2003

Huhhhhh?

Friendly Factory posted:

Are there any good Youtube channels where people just play fighting games online? Live or planned commentary are both fine. I guess I'm looking for something like Maximilian except good. I've already exhausted the many varied adventures of Gootecks and Mike Ross.
Darksyd- No this doesn't exist anywhere. If you want good commentary you're better off watching streams.

Friendly Factory
Apr 19, 2007

I can't stand the wailing of women
Alright, then which streams are the good ones? Thanks for helping. :)

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Dead-Alive-...live+5+ultimate

DOA5 Ultimate pre-order for £22.99

Electromax
May 6, 2007
If ya'll haven't seen watching Evo, 5 new characters for SF4 AE 2013:

http://www.polygon.com/2013/7/13/4520896/super-street-fighter-4-getting-five-new-characters-in-2014

Hugo
Poison
Rolento
Elena
A new challenger

Also some balance updates.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Electromax posted:

If ya'll haven't seen watching Evo, 5 new characters for SF4 AE 2013:

http://www.polygon.com/2013/7/13/4520896/super-street-fighter-4-getting-five-new-characters-in-2014

Hugo
Poison
Rolento
Elena
A new challenger

Also some balance updates.

No fish that spawn eggs? You just lost a customer, Capcom.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Also, CvS2 is coming out on PSN next week. It's a PS2 classic meaning it will look and play the same as it did on PS2. No HD, no online.

angel opportunity
Sep 7, 2004

Total Eclipse of the Heart
Just what SF4 needed was even more characters to really balance it out for good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Flirting With Apathetic Waitresses Since 1984
What it really needs are Steam trading cards because PC online is pretty barren (other than a handful of god-likes that never stopped playing).

• Locked thread