Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
"Genizah of the Lunar Metal is now a unique item. "

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

macnbc
Dec 13, 2006

brb, time travelin'

Seventh Arrow posted:

Question for those who have finished a large chunk of the game's content: Are there any references anywhere to The Longest Jouney or Dreamfall?

In the intro there's a Dreamfall poster in your character's room.

But no, there's no real connection between the two.

Seventh Arrow
Jan 26, 2005

Interesting, thanks!

GEMorris
Aug 28, 2002

Glory To the Order!

Toshimo posted:

Lollers, I just hope they don't do that to the other Genizahs, as I've stockpiled over 150 to sell later.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Funcom Live Chat posted:

Thank you for using Funcom Live Chat. Due to high demand, the wait time for Live Chat is higher than usual. Please be patient and we will be with you as quickly as possible.
Customer has entered chat
GM Nirvelle has entered chat
2013-07-11 20:21:41 GM Nirvelle: Thank you for contacting Funcom Support. May I please have your account username?
2013-07-11 20:21:58 Customer: XXX
2013-07-11 20:22:19 GM Nirvelle: Thank you, one moment please while I load and review your account
2013-07-11 20:24:00 GM Nirvelle: I see that this membership automatically billed as it was started back in February and was not completed.
2013-07-11 20:24:32 GM Nirvelle: I have cancelled the recurring membership so you will not be billed for another membership unless you explicitly select a new membership
2013-07-11 20:25:02 Customer: Ok, but what about the one I was billed for yesterday?
2013-07-11 20:25:50 GM Nirvelle: We are not able to cancel/refund this specific membership as you have already used the services provided by this membership - You have spent the included 1200 Bonus Points, purchased Issue #7 (currently only purchasable with a membership), and have claimed 4 member-only items.
2013-07-11 20:26:51 Customer: Uhhh.. I spent the points from the $20 in points I purchased separately.
2013-07-11 20:27:07 Customer: The 1200 from the subscription showed up later and are unspent.
2013-07-11 20:28:14 GM Nirvelle: At 2013-07-11 00:52:02 you spent 1080 Bonus Points on Issue #7. At 2013-07-11 00:52:30 UTC, 360 Bonus Points and 720 Funcom Points were spent on the Meat is Murder outfit. I'm sorry, but these have been spent. Additionally, Issue #7 currently can ONLY be purchased with an active membership. We are not able to remove Issue #7.
2013-07-11 20:29:49 Customer: You do see where 2400 points were purchased, which triggered this, correct?
2013-07-11 20:30:23 GM Nirvelle: Yes. 2400 Funcom Points were purchased. Of the 2400, 720 were spent and your account has 1680 remaining.
2013-07-11 20:31:42 Customer: Right. So, a subscription I did not want and could not remove was charged to me without my approval. The points included in the issue remain unspent and in my account. But I cannot be refunded? For something I didn't ask for or approve?
2013-07-11 20:32:30 GM Nirvelle: A membership includes 1200 Bonus Points - These are different than Funcom Points, but are automatically spent before Funcom Points, as Bonus Points expire after 6 months. Additionally, the membership provided earlier access to the Issue #7 DLC, which you have bought. Issue #7 DLC is not purchasable by non-members until tomorrow.
2013-07-11 20:33:17 Customer: Automatically spent.
2013-07-11 20:33:19 GM Nirvelle: In the future, if you have an old payment on the account that you would like removed, please contact us via LiveChat or help.funcom.com and we'll be happy to remove it to prevent being billed for it. Unfortunately, as you have already used the membership benefits (and additionally claimed 4 member only items), we regrettably cannot refund this purchase.
2013-07-11 20:33:32 Customer: Yeah you can.
2013-07-11 20:33:51 Customer: If you can't, please find me a supervisor, because you can't just charge people for stuff.
2013-07-11 20:34:07 Customer: That's pretty much against the terms of every one of your credit card agreements.
2013-07-11 20:34:15 Customer: And certainly against Paypal's terms of service.,
2013-07-11 20:35:52 Customer: Your billing system broke. Then, because you formulated a system that specifically prevents me from choosing to not spend the bonus points, I could not choose another method.
2013-07-11 20:36:02 Customer: Again, a bug in your system.
2013-07-11 20:36:11 Customer: Go ahead and remove whatever member items.
2013-07-11 20:36:13 Customer: Don't care.
2013-07-11 20:36:16 GM Nirvelle: If you wish to register a complaint about this, you can submit a ticket at help.funcom.com. You authorized this purchase when you started it, and did not de-authorize it by requesting it to be cancelled. I'm very sorry, as there is not anything that I can assist you with, I'm afraid I must move on and assist waiting customers. Thank you for your understanding. Take care.
2013-07-11 20:36:21 GM Nirvelle: has closed the chat session. If you still need help, please don't hesitate to contact us again.

Some poo poo is about to go down.

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012

Toshimo posted:

Just checked the testlive updated files, they added a second instance of the bag to the game. The original is still there, so its very possible if you had one before the patch it will be grandfathered as a non unique item.

Edit: Looks like CupBoys post about RDB's was removed from the official forums.

Variable Haircut fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Jul 11, 2013

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

(he's got a good thing going)

HughGRect posted:

Edit: Looks like CupBoys post about RDB's was removed from the official forums.

Too late :)

Also, servers are up.

**The Fusang Experience:

Cheston fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Jul 11, 2013

Zephonith
Jun 25, 2008

Maybe if I actually played Mafia, I'd get a better gift from my Mafia Secret Santa. :(

HughGRect posted:

Just checked the testlive updated files, they added a second instance of the bag to the game. The original is still there, so its very possible if you had one before the patch it will be grandfathered as a non unique item.
You know, this feeling of anticipation I had as I was logging in was quite remarkable. Either I become wealthier than I ever dreamed, or I wasted an entire day in Fusang.

And well poo poo... I still have four separate bags in my inventory. Guess I might be getting a purple signet of breaching after all.

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

Zephonith posted:

And well poo poo... I still have four separate bags in my inventory. Guess I might be getting a purple signet of breaching after all.

I would wait a few months and buy ten.

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012
Some fuel for your fire:

Variable Haircut fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Jul 12, 2013

Nombres
Jul 16, 2009
Am I the only one that thought the comparisons between this issue and 007/general spy motif was overblown? There are some areas that kinda remind you of a spy movie, like the snowmobile chase but I don't think it's that huge. I love the issue, it's just I don't get the whole "SO JAMES BOND" thing.

As an aside, I wish you could replay a mission on countdown. Just have it so if you play a mission on countdown, you get no rewards, but you can go through the sequence, see all the cutscenes, etc.. It's especially annoying that the issue missions are on something like a 70 hour countdown. I really liked it, man, just let me play it again. :( God help you if you play through the sequence over a few days, you're pretty much obliged to log out because you have this stupid cooldown.

EDIT: I loved in the Nursery where you have to find the secret passages, and right out the bat it highlights the Persian carpets. Since I am braindamaged, I literally went through every sequence of rugs rolled up and rolled out I could, thinking it was a specific combination. I even tried to follow the lyrics of the lullaby, looking straight ahead, walking slowly, typing "Hello" in say. I wanted to hit my head on my desk when I saw the command was literally in the computer. I feel like the whole thing was a joke by the devs.

Put it all in spoilers just in case we do that. Plus it has the solution to a "puzzle."

Nombres fucked around with this message at 05:50 on Jul 12, 2013

marhom
Jul 1, 2004

bear is driving
so is there any hope of getting into Fusang, now? I just want that god damned pet. I'm on a Templar on Grim and I've been in queue for 2+ hours at a shithole hour of the morning annnnnnd nothing

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012

marhom posted:

so is there any hope of getting into Fusang, now? I just want that god damned pet. I'm on a Templar on Grim and I've been in queue for 2+ hours at a shithole hour of the morning annnnnnd nothing

There are a few choices:

The easiest is watching the AH for the next couple days, the bags are now unique but not bound so we should see the prices drop rapidly before the event ends.

You can roll an alt that is not on grim, Arcadia, drac, or Cerberus. This will put you in the other battle group which has better luck.

If possible, que up for Fusang right after a server reset.

Several goons have been hoarding Fusang bags , maybe someone will hook you up. I sold one of mine to another goon for some crappy blue signets.

Variable Haircut fucked around with this message at 13:23 on Jul 12, 2013

Fasheem
Feb 19, 2007

According to people on the official forums, Battlegroup A is broken though B is still working.

Three not-unique bags safely socked away. I think I will just keep them forever next to my hoard of Quetzal birds.

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

Fasheem posted:

According to people on the official forums, Battlegroup A is broken though B is still working.

A contains grim, cerberus, arcadia, and... some others? It's definitely broken, it went from 75 Dragon after the boss was downed to 4 an hour later.

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012

Cheston posted:

A contains grim, cerberus, arcadia, and... some others? It's definitely broken, it went from 75 Dragon after the boss was downed to 4 an hour later.

The fourth is Drac

Zephonith
Jun 25, 2008

Maybe if I actually played Mafia, I'd get a better gift from my Mafia Secret Santa. :(
You know, I just checked, and it turns out I'm in Daemon. Huh. Well that explains a lot!

Just to check how the whole PvP thing is working, I queued for El Dorado and Stonehenge today. Stonehenge queue looks pretty broken, but I managed to get into El Dorado quickly enough.

Given the ease with which I'm getting into Fusang, I should be able to grab some more of these bags for goons over the next few days. I'll trade for nice blue signets - I'm especially after Breaching, Laceration and some of the more offensive ones. I'm willing to make deals for other things as well (other bags, blue signet bags, previous event items), and for new goons. I'm Zepho in-game, or otherwise find me on Mumble.

Zephonith fucked around with this message at 14:11 on Jul 12, 2013

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

HughGRect posted:

Some fuel for your fire:

Screenshots don't show that lava moves around inside of the Hell one. Might go with Orochi, though. I thought I'd like Sov-Tech more, going solely off the thumbnail.

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012

Cheston posted:

Screenshots don't show that lava moves around inside of the Hell one. Might go with Orochi, though. I thought I'd like Sov-Tech more, going solely off the thumbnail.

Screenshots also dont show that the corrupted flame thrower has a vial of filth, that also appears animated. But yeah, im not sure which one I want to go with, so I will probably keep the stock one like every other aux weapon I have. :(

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
The size of the flamethrower disappoints me, but I think I'm spoiled by TF2 there. This one just looks so tiny in comparison!

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Toshimo posted:

Some poo poo is about to go down.

I assume I'd have the context for this if I was in game, but what happened? It renewed on its own or something?

thegodofchuck
May 13, 2006

You'll be godlike
Speaking of Battlegroups, with the Fusang nonsense, I was trying to research the actual Battlegroup composition and apparently they stealth reorganized them at some point without official patch notes (as there were supposed to be three, and the grouping is not what testing showed yesterday). Nice work, Funcom.

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012

thegodofchuck posted:

Speaking of Battlegroups, with the Fusang nonsense, I was trying to research the actual Battlegroup composition and apparently they stealth reorganized them at some point without official patch notes (as there were supposed to be three, and the grouping is not what testing showed yesterday). Nice work, Funcom.

There were three at one point, then they merged them down into two.

Group A
Grim
Drac
Arcadia
Cerberus

Group B
Daemon
Kobold
Leviathan
Huldra

macnbc
Dec 13, 2006

brb, time travelin'

Aphrodite posted:

I assume I'd have the context for this if I was in game, but what happened? It renewed on its own or something?

Yeah, I looked at the chat transcript and don't see what the dude's complaining about either. :shrug:

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Aphrodite posted:

For those who weren't in Mumble when this went down (always be in Mumble), I decided I wanted to buy some Funcom points so I could get an outfit. This is the sequence of events:

1 - Select Funcom Points to purchase
2 - Input CC info
3 - Get billed for Funcom points
4 - 6 month old failed transaction for a 1 month subscription gets put through.

There's no way to remove failed transactions (from, you know, when you stop playing) from your account. And the moment you purchase something else, the system decides it wants to try to rerun all those transactions, even though you didn't approve them.

So, now I've been billed for a subscription I didn't authorize or want, and they are like "tough poo poo, you should know how our billing system fails and preemptively work around it", to which I'm like "tough poo poo on you, that's not how the law or your credit card agreements work." They should know this after the poo poo they pulled with AoC/AO where they were triple billing people poo poo and had thousands of chargebacks and got reported up and down to the Better Business Bureau.

So, I'll be posting a sweet thread about it on the Funcom forums later today to push the issue and give Len somewhere to poo poo on pubbies.

We'll see how it plays out.

GEMorris
Aug 28, 2002

Glory To the Order!

HughGRect posted:

There were three at one point, then they merged them down into two.

Group A
Grim
Drac
Arcadia
Cerberus

The Templar bias at Funcom is palpable. They took the only lumie dominated server (Grim) and merged it with the two most dominant templar servers (Cerberus, Arcadia).

People think I'm joking, but the devs really do like Templar and dislike Illuminati.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Toshimo posted:

For those who weren't in Mumble when this went down (always be in Mumble), I decided I wanted to buy some Funcom points so I could get an outfit. This is the sequence of events:

2 - Input CC info

There's no way to remove failed transactions (from, you know, when you stop playing) from your account. And the moment you purchase something else, the system decides it wants to try to rerun all those transactions, even though you didn't approve them.

So, now I've been billed for a subscription I didn't authorize or want, and they are like "tough poo poo, you should know how our billing system fails and preemptively work around it", to which I'm like "tough poo poo on you, that's not how the law or your credit card agreements work." They should know this after the poo poo they pulled with AoC/AO where they were triple billing people poo poo and had thousands of chargebacks and got reported up and down to the Better Business Bureau.

So, I'll be posting a sweet thread about it on the Funcom forums later today to push the issue and give Len somewhere to poo poo on pubbies.

A cancellation registers as a failed transaction? Or did you have a card expire and let that cancel you?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Toshimo posted:

2 - Input CC info

I would spew righteous fury on the Funcom forums if I could but I can't post on the live forums. Just testlive.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Aphrodite posted:

A cancellation registers as a failed transaction? Or did you have a card expire and let that cancel you?

I don't remember if it was by unlinking my paypal account or not updating my card details when I got a new card, but it was a failed transaction. Still, and unremovable failed transaction shouldn't auto-bill when you purchase an entirely separate item.

macnbc
Dec 13, 2006

brb, time travelin'

Toshimo posted:

I don't remember if it was by unlinking my paypal account or not updating my card details when I got a new card, but it was a failed transaction. Still, and unremovable failed transaction shouldn't auto-bill when you purchase an entirely separate item.

So.. wait.. you didn't actually tell Funcom to cancel the subscription. You just let a transaction (that in their minds was previously agreed to, since you didn't cancel) fail, and then you're surprised when the system tries it again when you add funds to the account, since you never actually told Funcom "PS- I don't want you trying to bill me any more, I'm canceling."

Yeah, no. Sounds like this one's probably on you dude.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

GEMorris posted:

The Templar bias at Funcom is palpable. They took the only lumie dominated server (Grim) and merged it with the two most dominant templar servers (Cerberus, Arcadia).

People think I'm joking, but the devs really do like Templar and dislike Illuminati.

The annoying thing about Templar dominance on both playerbase and developers (mostly playerbase, and yes I'm gonna goo into RP-griping here) is that objectively speaking, they're... kind of the shittiest faction. They're on their way out in every aspect, mostly due to being unable to modernise, except that they aren't. They've got a fuckton of edges in terms of the actual game, even though the lore tells us that really, they've got a century left, tops, provided the apocalypse doesn't cut everybody short.

I will defend that one with two things, though:
1. I think Grim needed to be put up against the Templar-dominated servers. I'm on Arcadia, and the big problem with PvP at that time was that, quite simply, the Templars were permanently in a state of victory. neither opposing faction could stand up to them for an appreciable amount of time, the best the Illuminati could get in Fusang was a single facility for maybe ten minutes. They had to stick the big Illuminati server against the big Templar servers, because otherwise the problem would remain the same, or possibly get worse.
2. They seem to be doing pretty well, actually. I'm not sure how useful the World Domination buff is at determining these, but whenever I check we're holding at least two locations, often managing to grab both Fusang Outer and Fusang Inner.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Toshimo posted:

Unfortunately, if you removed/didn't update payment details rather than actually cancelling the subscription that's going to count as consent. You're consenting to a recurring charge until you click the cancel button/link/whatever it is.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Did you actually cancel or did you let your payment method expire? To me it sounds less like an old transaction that failed getting pushed through and more like your auto-renew switch never getting turned off. The second it saw a new source of income it said, "Oh, you have a new card I can auto-renew you on. I shall do that for tou because it has this box checked that you are a subscribing customer!"

Have you made successful purchases between then and this latest one that it didn't count you as a subscriber for?

If you do make an official forums post, put more than a chatlog. If we got confused by an out of context copy-paste, they probably will too. Include all the stuff you put in your subsequent posts here.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
In case you've never experienced the slovenly behemoth that is Funcom billing, you can't actually cancel/delete a failed sub. As in, there is literally no button to press. I unsubscribed when I came back, specifically to prevent this, but the failed transaction still reprocessed.

guppy
Sep 21, 2004

sting like a byob

GEMorris posted:

People think I'm joking, but the devs really do ... dislike Illuminati.

Good. So do I.

I know plenty of Illuminati I like just fine, but all the dicks seem to pick Illuminati.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

guppy posted:

Good. So do I.

I know plenty of Illuminati I like just fine, but all the dicks seem to pick Illuminati.

I want to say you're wrong. But then I realize I'm Illuminati. So gently caress you Raiser Illuminati superiority KG for life.

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

oh come on was that really necessary
all over my fine carpet!!
I picked Illuminati because of the uniforms, mostly.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
I picked them because they seemed least lame. Between my Templar and my Illuminati that are nearly the same progress, I enjoy the latter far more. For my Dragon alt I'm just ho hum who the gently caress cares about these guys.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Welp. Mods gassed that thread super fast.

Also, go gently caress yourself, Raiser. Illumintai 4 Lyfe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fantastic Alice
Jan 23, 2012

Well I beat the last guardian. Is there any reward worth fighting any of them again?

• Locked thread