Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer
it answers the age old question of what happens to a sex bot when it can't get it up anymore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise
i dont want to get too technical but if you give a sexbot free will doesnt that make it a rapebot

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Dead Inside Darwin posted:

i dont want to get too technical but if you give a sexbot free will doesnt that make it a rapebot

wouldn't it be a slutbot instead?

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

because of asimov's three laws, it can only rape people who are asking for it :unsmigghh:

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

FrozenVent posted:

because of asimov's three laws, it can only rape people who are asking for it :unsmigghh:

dRINK OFFER HAS BEEN ACCEPTED. INITIATING ANAL INTERCOURSE

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

FrozenVent posted:

can't order a robot to rape, rule 1 overrides rule 2

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

haveblue posted:

can't order a robot to rape, rule 1 overrides rule 2

asimov was the original kinkshamer

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

no but if you gently caress a fuckbot that has no free will, that's rape

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

Cold on a Cob posted:

no but if you gently caress a fuckbot that has no free will, that's rape

theres an old saying my grandma used to say

"cant rape the willing"

the inverse of that is

"you can rape the unwilling"

therefore we see that if a robot has no free and is programmed/compelled to be a sexbot, then it is not rape because nothing about their being allows for otherwise

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice
yeah i guess you're right

so you'd have to program the sexbot to not want it but give it no means to effectively fight you off

(you monster)

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

Cold on a Cob posted:

yeah i guess you're right

so you'd have to program the sexbot to not want it but give it no means to effectively fight you off

(you monster)

a fleshlight that can cry

*runs to the patent office*

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

holy poo poo

people would actually buy that too

Shark Sandwich
Sep 6, 2010

by R. Guyovich
can't wait for the hacked version of anime crying sounds

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

yo, mods?

Dubstep Jesus
Jun 27, 2012

by exmarx
The future tense is used to describe events which have not happened yet -- such as a visit by aliens.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

slogsdon posted:

The future tense is used to describe events which have not happened yet -- such as a wikipedian getting laid.

revised

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

my god

Meat Beat Agent
Aug 5, 2007

felonious assault with a sproinging boner
if you sit on your arm for like 10 minutes before using your fleshlight then it feels like someone else is crying

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
A Lap Dance Is So Much Better When Hakune Is Crying

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
thanks Jonny now i have that casio piano music in my head

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
Also panned was the fact that the film was based on a bedtime story Shyamalan told to his children; Pete Vonder Haar of Film Threat commented: "If Shyamalan is going to use his kids as a focus group for future projects, maybe he should start making movies for Nickelodeon already and stop wasting our time."[16] Shyamalan went on to direct a film adaptation of Nickelodeon's Avatar: The Last Airbender television series, which also received overwhelmingly negative reviews.

:iceburn:

ahmeni
May 1, 2005

It's one continuous form where hardware and software function in perfect unison, creating a new generation of iPhone that's better by any measure.
Grimey Drawer

Jonny 290 posted:

A Lap Dance Is So Much Better When Hakune Is Crying

fuckin lol

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Cosby_Show

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
someone c+p'd an album's liner notes and wikipedia started digesting them

About [edit]

'Return To Fantasy' was UH's 8th studio album. Released in June 1975, it was the first of two albums to include bassist John Wetton in the band. John had previously played in Family, King Crimson & Roxy Music. He was later to gain mega star fame & fortune in one of the '80s biggest grossing acts, Asia. With Gary Thain's replacement, JW, in place, UH rapidly commenced work on their next album. Entitled 'Return To Fantasy', the record was released in June 1975 & went on to become their biggest selling album to date, reaching No.7 in the charts. Rehearsals & demo recording was commenced in early 1975 even before the ejection of Thain from the band. In fact, several tracks were recorded in Jan-March 1975 (see notes on bonus tracks).

Full recording commenced in mid-1975 resulting in an album containing nine songs. The band themselves now look at it with mixed feelings, but the public at the time loved it. Sales for the album were so rapid they catapulted it to no.7 in the UK charts. In general, 'Return To Fantasy' was looked upon by the press & public as a vast improvement on the previous vinyl offering. An extensive tour was organized for the promotion of 'Return To Fantasy' with dates scheduled all over the world. NME called the upcoming tour 'Year Long World Tour' as a headline & Gerry Bron, the band's manager, predicted that by the end of the year UH would have played to one million people & traveled 300,000 miles.

1975 was indeed a busy & lucrative year for the band, not only was 'Return To Fantasy' climbing the charts but both Ken Hensley & David Byron released solo albums.

'This album introduced John Wetton on bass & vocals &, although the chemistry was not the same as with Gary Thain, we still produced a typical 'Heep' album. I think 'Return To Fantasy', the title track, is a classic 'Heep' song. 'Devil's Daughter' made it into our 1994 live set & proved to be a very powerful stage number. This album reached No.7 in the UK charts & we embarked on a year long tour packed with incidents like me falling off the stage on the very first show in the USA (Lousville, Kentucky) breaking the radial bone in my right hand which needed two casts a day. We didn't miss any dates, although I was in a lot of pain & the cast was eventually taken off at the end of the tour in Jamaica where I went for a rest with Lee. We played to over one million people & travelled over 300,000 air miles this was once again a very exciting time. The re-mastered CD of this album is great & I hope you enjoy the bonus tracks too.

'I must admit, I don't listen to this record any more. It's actually not a bad record, there are a couple good tunes & solid performances throughout, but we rushed into it & it doesn't have any cohesiveness to it. Nor does it contain a hit single! In those days, we were really strugglng internally, & we needed to slow down & re-group a bit. We never did, of course, & a lot of tragedy followed. But so did a couple of really good albums, at least in my humble opinion. Definitely not Heep at its best.'

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

delicious pubey tears

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Meat Beat Agent
Aug 5, 2007

NoneMoreNegative posted:

delicious pubey tears

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
SATAN is written mostly in Perl and utilizes a web browser such as Netscape, Mosaic or Lynx to provide the user interface.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer
if anything, WOMAN was written in perl because it's amazing but completely incomprehensible

amirite fellas

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

uh oh trig's capitalizing random words in jokes hes getting oooollllllddddd

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer
noooooooooooo

goodog
Nov 3, 2007

Sweevo posted:

yes but this is a site that once replaced loads of photos of celebrities with fan drawings because the photos weren't released under whatever specific freetard license it is they like

one of the most iconic stage performers of all time and his picture is a cell phone photo of an old man standing still and flapping his arms

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Brown

Meat Beat Agent
Aug 5, 2007

someone changed it to a better one (which will be reverted back and forth 250 times in the next hour)

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Otis_T._Carr

The claim to be applying some idea of Tesla's was quite common among exploiters of the flying saucer mythology in the 1950s--- for example George Van Tassel's Integratron was supposedly based partially on (unspecified) lore from Tesla, partially on lore from friendly Space Brothers from Venus.

what the hell are 'friendly Space Brothers from Venus'

also i found this because lol reddit AMAs

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
gently caress you DragonflySixtyseven!

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

daft punk railroad posted:

someone changed it to a better one (which will be reverted back and forth 250 times in the next hour)

good god!

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

If the image is non-free then you may need to provide a fair use rationale

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

can I post the most worthless thing at moma? it's the video games exhibit and guess what, goons are in the eve online part

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

wait that's second because they're showing the hangover in one of their theaters???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ol qwerty bastard
Dec 13, 2005

If you want something done, do it yourself!

theflyingexecutive posted:

can I post the most worthless thing at moma? it's the video games exhibit and guess what, goons are in the eve online part

eve-online is kind of fascinating from a sociological perspective; shame that as a game it's so incredibly dull

and i played it for a year before i realized that i wasn't even having fun; this is my shame

although at the end i just donated all my accumulated spacebucks to an experimental communist collective being set up by LF so i like to think that maybe my efforts weren't entirely for nothing