Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Linear Ouroboros
Mar 30, 2007
Sweet loving Ginger!

MindlessHavok posted:

I like that the advice was "hit it hard to right". Not actual advice like shift your weight to your back leg or shorten your swing. Just "hit it to right!" and Barry, one of the best hitters of all time was all "Oh golly why didn't I think of that :downs:"

I thought more if people who have strokes and forget they have a right or a left unless they are reminded of it. "right? Oh yeah I have a right! Thanks man!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
Reddit's /r/childfree is a goldmine of STDH. Its usually things like "these kids were yelling in a restaurant and I went up to them and started screaming in their face, and mom was too shocked and left the restaurant :smug: "

Here's a recent one:

quote:

Just got my haircut from a lady, and I've never seen someone judge another person so quickly.
Just to give you background on me, I'm 25, I graduated from college a few years back with a degree in Computer Engineering. I have a great job, I make a good deal of money, and I got out of a messy relationship about 18 months ago. Since then, while I've been on a few dates, I really don't have any desire for any of that right now.
So she's cutting my hair, asking me what I do, blah blah blah. I tell her I "work with computers", that I graduated a few years ago, and that I enjoy playing video games with friends. She asked me if I was married, I said no. She asked how I planned on having kids if I wasn't married. I told her kids really aren't my thing, and I'll probably never end up having them.
She immediately stopped cutting my hair, looked at me (through the mirror), and said "I can't believe you've wasted so much of your life, and you're going to waste even more of it."
GOD drat LADY. I make twice as much as you do in a year, I don't have any unnecessary debt, I have the freedom to travel and be with friends, and yet all you can think about is how I don't want to have kids?
What a joke.
The rest of that haircut was pretty awkward...

It's fine not to want kids, and it's true that sometimes family and coworkers will really press you on "why don't you have kids~~~", but I sincerely doubt some random stranger is going to tell you you're wasting your life. Especially a hair dresser, who relies on tips and repeat customers.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
Plus as someone who's been single for the past five years, I can assure you that nobody asks you how you're planning on having kids without a woman unless you bring up kids in the first place.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

JoeyJoJoJr Shabadoo posted:

Reddit's /r/childfree is a goldmine of STDH. Its usually things like "these kids were yelling in a restaurant and I went up to them and started screaming in their face, and mom was too shocked and left the restaurant :smug: "

Here's a recent one:

It's fine not to want kids, and it's true that sometimes family and coworkers will really press you on "why don't you have kids~~~", but I sincerely doubt some random stranger is going to tell you you're wasting your life. Especially a hair dresser, who relies on tips and repeat customers.

I have been to at least one hair salon where pretty much all the employees were pretty baby-crazy, to the point where they honestly acted like they didn't know how to have a conversation with me once I said I didn't have any kids. It was honestly the only thing they talked about with me and others when we weren't discussing how I wanted my hair done. But even then, nobody said "Oh god, you're wasting your life! :byodame: " It was more like asking if I had kids and a really confused "Oh I see" and then they just talked to everyone else around them about kids instead of me.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Linear Ouroboros posted:

I thought more if people who have strokes and forget they have a right or a left unless they are reminded of it. "right? Oh yeah I have a right! Thanks man!"

The only stroke Barry Bonds ever had was on his wife.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Jimson posted:

Had a professor at community college who insisted we called him teacher. In his defense he said he taught highschool for 30 years and just didn't like the way professor sounded

The people who taught community college courses were always "instructors" to me. Thats how the school referred to them, and that's what we called them.

From imgur's user submitted

Yes, your 6 year old cousin printed and prepared a "picture of the Spanish Inquisition" somehow to make a Monty Python joke that's now 43 years old and has been recently popularized as a meme in the reddit crowd.
That was a thing that happened.

Or maybe the extra funny part is that this actually happened, and, just like the Spanish Inquisition, I didn't expect it.

skip.
Nov 26, 2007

It Came From Tumblr

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
She probably shouldn't wear a tank top though.

All on Black
Dec 14, 2007

She's not "that Mexican", Mom, she's MY Mexican. And she's...Colombian or something.
What the gently caress does "douchebags[...]" mean? Is that her way of indicating a dramatic pause before she rained verbal destruction upon them?

Denzo
Feb 19, 2013
I think it's to show the amount of time from where she started stammering and mumbling to when she came up with that :iceburn:

Hoover Dam
Jun 17, 2003

red white and blue forever

hyperhazard posted:

Barry Bonds was up at bat and struck out twice. Things were looking grim for the Pirates. Using the years of baseball knowledge he'd amassed, the guy leaned over the rail and shouted "Barry, hit it hard to the right!" Bonds looked at him and smiled, and when the next pitch came, he hit a home run.

Then the guy slept with the Portuguese waitress, and all the wisdom he gained during his period of celibacy disappeared.

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grandpa Cthulu needs his napping chair

Grimey Drawer

skip. posted:

It Came From Tumblr

She thought of that line as soon as she got back to her car.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

I get to post something, yay! From Facebook:

I doubt someone would be so blatant about stealing other people's pets. "Hire some local gang kids" seems like prime STDH fodder.

NoUU
Mar 8, 2013

NoUU has a new favorite as of 19:09 on Jul 12, 2013

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

Do you have a link to the source for that top one? I wanna read the 90 comments to see if they called him out or circlejerked.

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice

wilderthanmild posted:

Do you have a link to the source for that top one? I wanna read the 90 comments to see if they called him out or circlejerked.

Here you go.

miserable lil onion
Oct 15, 2008
I knew a guy who was convinced he was the illegitimate son of Elvis. That's not entirely unbelievable, but he was also convinced Elvis was still alive and there was this whole big government conspiracy theory tied into it. He assured everyone Elvis was going to reveal himself "any day now" and went as far as to have phone conversations with ol' Dad in front of people and, I'm embarrassed to say, had a lot of people in our community convinced he was telling the truth.

He had an Elvis hair-do and liked to sing (in an Elvis-y, off-key sort of way) and I saw him at a couple of small-town talent shows; he couldn't actually play the guitar but he'd strap one to his back, for effect.

Most of what I know about him is second-hand, but he did visit my house and tell me, very earnestly, that the Queen of England had invited him for a visit and performance.

This went on for several years and I never figured out whether he actually believed his story or not. He definitely gets points for dedication.

Cru Jones
Mar 28, 2007

Cowering behind a shield of hope and Obamanium

Flaggy posted:

She thought of that line as soon as she got back to her car.

Thus implying the line clapped for the fact that she should in fact cover up. Which reminds me, I saw a really attractive woman the other day on the street with a headscarf but a really revealing tank top. I guess as long as I don't get a glimpse of that naughty, naughty hair I won't have impure thoughts.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

I like how these "perfect matches" are always within the immediate vicinity of the recipient. The average waiting time time for a kidney is 3-5 years. These guys seem to think it's an outpatient afternoon.

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon

NAR posted:

(I’m a fairly petite, young looking woman, who grew up with three brothers, and a single father. I’m one of the better employees for plumbing help, because my dad made me learn.)

Me: “Welcome to [store]; what’s the project today?”

Customer: “My toilet leaks; I need one of your guys to help.”

Me: “Let’s head to plumbing. Where is the leak from?”

Customer: “I want one of the guys, and not some idiot girl.”

Me: “Okay, I’ll radio one of them.”

(A coworker responds, and I turn the customer over and go back to restocking. A few minutes later, the customer storms up.)

Customer: “This is the stupidest hardware store! Where’s your manager?”

Me: “Sir, I’m sorry; what’s the problem?”

Customer: “I want your manager!”

Me: “They’ll be in tomorrow morning.”

(The customer stomps out. The next day, I’m in plumbing. I am helping one of our regular contractors, when yesterday’s cranky customer returns.)

Customer: “I want your manager!”

(The cashier radio calls them, and the owner actually responds first.)

Owner: “What’s the problem?”

Customer: “You have idiots working here! They can’t help in plumbing!”

(The owner gestures to me.)

Owner: “Sir, she is one of our plumbing experts, and was on last night.”

Customer: “I know that no idiot girl can help!”

(The contractor walks up.)

Contractor: “Watch your mouth! She is the best help you can get without calling a professional!”

Customer: “NO! Girls should be cashiers, and flirt with customers!”

Owner: “Sir, you’ll have to leave.”

Customer: “You can’t make me!”

Me: “Sir. I have two police officer brothers, a correctional officer father, a jujitsu trainer brother, and my martial arts training. You are leaving. By your choice or by force.”

(For a few moments, the customer contemplates if it’s worth the fight, but ultimately decides against it.)

Contractor: “Man, you ruin all my fun by giving him a choice!”

Owner: “Don’t encourage her. She isn’t in the gym, so she can’t go dislocating elbows here.”

Contractor: “Now both of you are ruining my fun!” *leaves*

"NO! Girls should be cashiers, and flirt with customers!"

"two police officer brothers, a correctional officer father, a jujitsu trainer brother, and my martial arts training.”

I think all this poo poo doesnt happen because you can win a FREE T-SHIRT if you submit the most ridiculous poo poo.

RabbitWizard has a new favorite as of 22:56 on Jul 12, 2013

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
Why is it always martial arts? It's a hardware store, if you have to resort to threats, wouldn't "Hey, here's a 36 inches pipe wrench" be a much more...

Oh wait those people have never been in any of those situations. Nevermind.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

RabbitWizard posted:

"two police officer brothers, a correctional officer father, a jujitsu trainer brother, and my martial arts training.”

I burst out laughing at this.

E: Oh wait, I thought the MANAGER was telling the rude customer that there's 2 police officers outside, along with a correctional officer, a jujitsu guy, and that the manager had martial arts training. It was a hilarious mental image of some hardware store with 4 crazy security guards like that just standing outside waiting to beat up unruly customers.

Marley Wants More
Oct 22, 2005

woof

quote:

NAR posted: I’m a fairly petite, young looking woman, who grew up with three brothers, and a single father. I’m one of the better employees for plumbing help, because my dad made me learn.

I love how in the poster's own subtext she implies that she's good with plumbing because she grew up surrounded by males. Had she grown up with a single mother and three sisters, she'd probably be an excellent cook.

Marley Wants More
Oct 22, 2005

woof

RabbitWizard posted:

I think all this poo poo doesnt happen because you can win a FREE T-SHIRT if you submit the most ridiculous poo poo.

Oh, and the poo poo that actually happened was:

Customer: "I need help with plumbing"
Girl: "I can help you, Sir"
Cusstomer: (Looking slightly surprised for a moment) "Oh! Okay, what I need is..."

jalopybrown
Oct 11, 2012

RabbitWizard posted:

Contractor: “Now both of you are ruining my fun!” *leaves*

The contractor is so disappointed by the lack of bloodshed he just fucks off without getting any materials or ordering anything.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

Marley Wants More posted:

Oh, and the poo poo that actually happened was:

Customer: "I need help with plumbing"
Girl: "I can help you, Sir"
Cusstomer: (Looking slightly surprised for a moment) "Oh! Okay, what I need is..."

I've legitimately had customers tell me (and other female employees) "I want to speak with a man!"

But since it's retail, we always had to say, in a friendly voice, "oh sure! Let me get one for you!" because, you know, the customer is always right. The manager, also, would never ask the customer to leave unless s/he was seriously threatening violence. And seriously, an employee threatening to beat some customer's rear end?

This is just so loving stupid and non-believable.

Marley Wants More
Oct 22, 2005

woof

JoeyJoJoJr Shabadoo posted:

I've legitimately had customers tell me (and other female employees) "I want to speak with a man!"

But since it's retail, we always had to say, in a friendly voice, "oh sure! Let me get one for you!" because, you know, the customer is always right. The manager, also, would never ask the customer to leave unless s/he was seriously threatening violence. And seriously, an employee threatening to beat some customer's rear end?

This is just so loving stupid and non-believable.

I've actually been on the other side of that, though. My husband and I were buying a lawnmower so I walked over to ask some old geezer a question, and he looks at me for a second, and then turned his back on me and walked a good 20' over to where my husband was standing and answered my question to him. I didn't go all DEFCON on him or anything, but I wanted to. But I didn't because, geezers. Bless their little old why-aren't-you-barefoot-and-pregnant hearts.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Does anyone have the story about the guy and girl having a conversation but its filled with puns from the names of classical music composers? Thanks.

jalopybrown
Oct 11, 2012

oldpainless posted:

Does anyone have the story about the guy and girl having a conversation but its filled with puns from the names of classical music composers? Thanks.

This one?

Roro posted:

Speaking of music...

quote:

Compose Yourself
Train Station | CA, USA | Dating, Themed Giveaway

(My boyfriend and I are classical music geeks. He has been waiting for me at the train station, while I use the bathroom.)

Me: “Hey, I’m Bach!”

Boyfriend: “What took you so long? Were you Haydn or something?”

Me: “Nope. That was a nice restroom, though it could’ve been an art gallery. It had the Mozart I’ve ever seen!”

(We get on the train.)

Me: “So, when we get there, we have to go Chopin.”

Boyfriend: “Did you remember the Liszt?”

Me: “Yes, I did. We need to get groceries for next Wieck.”

Boyfriend: “I did make root vegetables. Right before we left I put the Beet(in)hoven.”

Me: “You seem as confused as I am. I’m even not sure when our stop is. I am having treble reading this map.”

Boyfriend: “We should have taken the Ludwig van.”

Me: “Yes, we should have. So, how’s life?”

Boyfriend: “Godunov. Yours?”

Me: “I’ve been under a lot of Strauss lately.”

Boyfriend: “Oh?”

Me: “Yeah, at [school I teach at], it’s hard to be one of the staff.”

Boyfriend: “We should probably stop Messiahing around.”

Me: “Vivaldi puns, we’re going to knock someone over.”

Boyfriend: “I guess we just can’t Handel the puns.”

Me: “By the time we get off the train, we’ll have Baroquen something!”

(We get off the train, and I turn around to watch it go.)

Me: “Oh, my God! Look!”

(There is an ad on the side of the train. It reads ‘classical music radio station is Bach!’.)

Boyfriend: “No way! It’s right next to where we were standing!”

Me: “It must have been Rubinoff on us!”

Half of these would probably only work as written words.

Vindolanda
Feb 13, 2012

It's just like him too, y'know?

jalopybrown posted:

The contractor is so disappointed by the lack of bloodshed he just fucks off without getting any materials or ordering anything.

The contractor sounds like a flamboyant gay man in a Carry On film.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Thats it. I hate those imaginary people and their fake conversation SO MUCH!!

Noreaus
May 22, 2008

HEY, WHAT'S HAPPENING? :)
From the EMS stories thread in GBS. When asked to elaborate on "I once had a patient that sewed a canned chicken into her rectum", goon Rashaverak came up with this:

quote:

Sorry, I've been working a triple shift and just got around to checking this thread again, so I suppose I owe ya'll a story.

A rather disheveled, morbidly obese and malodorous female in her 50's presented to the emergency department for abdominal pain one slow night. Now, abdominal pain is one of the worst complaints an ED sees because it can be so hard to work up. You've basically got to do a battery of tests including comprehensive blood work with cardiac markers, a 12 lead EKG, and x-ray/CT scans. It's among the most expensive workups done simply because abdominal pain can have so many different causes that are potentially life threatening.

After she was triaged, had an IV started with blood drawn, and her EKG done, she went to get her CT. When a patient has a CT scan, the radiology tech and the person transporting the patient stand in a side room so they don't get the massive dose of radiation that CT scans require. The side benefit of this is you can watch the screen in real-time as the scan is performed and get an idea of what's going on. Normally, a radiologist views the scan and gives the physician a report detailing the findings.

There was no need to wait.

The technician had a complete look of disbelief on his face. There was a small skeleton of... something... clearly lodged in her rectum, along with abundant free abdominal fluid and other findings too technical to go into here. Clearly, this woman was not pregnant, as she was post-menopausal and had said she had a hysterectomy, but, well, stranger things have happened. The question had to be asked, however.

"Oh yes" she said, "an angel came to me and told me I was to bear the child of THE LORD!" This last part was shouted so loudly that other staff members and the physician came into the room. Slow night, after all, so they had nothing better to do and this sounded interesting.

Perhaps the angel's name was Colonel Sanders?

Once she had an audience, she didn't need any prompting. "I've been having some trouble with the baby. It kept coming out and I almost delivered it early, but I prayed to THE LORD and GOD ALMIGHTY spoke to me! And lo..." Yes, she actually said the word "lo" with the dramatic pause and all, "THE LORD answered my prayers and told me how to save HIS child. I'm worried, though, that something's wrong because it hurts so much."

This last part was said in a low whisper, as if the very thought that she was in pain was blasphemous.

The physician quickly realized where this was heading and had slowly and steadily retreated from the room. He'd almost made his escape when one of the nurses in the room, a particularly grizzled and salty RN with years of experience in a county trauma facility, spoke up with a smile of glee on her face.

"OK, ma'am" she said as she turned to the doctor who was already a pale shade of green, barely suppressing a fit of laughter, "we're going to need to take a look to see how the baby is doing." Everyone stepped outside while she undressed herself as the unmistakable odor of putrid, unwashed flesh wafted out of the room. Notes of a brewery - or perhaps baked bread - accompanied it. A sure sign of a good infection and a harbinger of what was to come.

No one was eager to re-enter the room save the veteran nurse who charged back inside, the rest of the staff who hadn't already fled from the smell reluctantly following her. Now, when a vaginal or rectal exam needs to be performed on a morbidly obese patient, you frequently need one staff member to lift up the large folds of fat on each leg so the physician can visualize the appropriate area. As the fat was retracted, there was an audible gasp in the room as a large amount of green fluid and chunks of... something worse... leaked from somewhere in the vicinity of the anus.

As the fluid pooled around her, strands of something that might once have been white were poking out from somewhere deep inside that gaping maw. No language yet conceived can describe the smell that filled the room. To his eternal credit, the physician had somehow kept his dinner down as he began to... probe.

He asked for a pair of surgical scissors to snip the threads of floss that were clearly holding back some lovecraftian horror. What came next is difficult to put into words.

There was a loud "GLOOOORRRRRP" from somewhere deep inside as the dam burst and the patient screamed "OH LORD JESUS YOUR SON IS BORN!" What came out could have been the messiah, perhaps, but instead it was more akin to Farmer's Pride.

The decaying remains of a canned chicken, purulent pus, and several days worth of feces was born into this world in a violent surge of something Satan might serve you as a pre-flight cocktail on your trip to Hell. The physician vomited.

To this day, no one knows how she did it, but that goddamned grizzled nurse gathered the remains of the poor bird and strode out of the room shouting "It's a boy!"

Guess what we'd all had for lunch?

Fried chicken.

Yup, that "grizzled nurse" just picked up the poo poo-covered chicken pieces and strode out of the room with it in order to make that joke. Yup.

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

Banging with all due hardness.

RabbitWizard posted:

The line about girls as cashiers was pretty standout but there's also a really subtle thing that I think is fun y if you picture this really happening. The woman describes herself as petite, there are two other people with her and she's just listed all her fighting credentials and the guy takes a moment to contemplate if its worth the fight. A guy is just sitting there, staring down this little girl and deciding whether or not to take a swing at her? Meanwhile two other guys are apparently standing there thinking "I hope this guy tries to punch this girl in the face!"

I'm always this weird mix of confused, annoyed and amused by how ridiculous the whole Not Always Whatever stories are.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Noreaus posted:

Yup, that "grizzled nurse" just picked up the poo poo-covered chicken pieces and strode out of the room with it in order to make that joke. Yup.

Wow, not only does Rashaverak not know how the ER works, he doesn't know how real life people work either!

DrHerpington
Dec 20, 2012

;-*

quote:

I wanted to hit on this girl at a bar, when I approached her I just looked into her eyes without saying anything and than I licked her shoulder. She freaked the gently caress out and slapped me out of instinct and than felt bad about it. we ended up having sex.

http://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/1i60zg/what_is_the_best_way_to_freak_out_a_complete/

"What is the best way to freak out a complete stranger?"

What a quality site, the home of such gems as "Ask a rapist", "When did being nice become confused with creepy?", and "Ladies of Reddit, would you find it "kind of erotic" OR "slightly 'creepy' " if you learned your boyfriend always silently masturbated outside the bathroom door when you were having a bowel movement? And why do you feel this way? (Urgent)".

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

CJacobs posted:

Wow, not only does Rashaverak not know how the ER works, he doesn't know how real life people work either!

I swear to God I've heard the 'lady sews chicken into herself hoping it would turn into babby' story before, when a doctor was on a local morning radio show hawking his book full of similar medical stories. It was roughly 15 years ago and was practically an aside ("What was the saddest story?" "[women, chicken, vagina :smith:]") but it definitely had the earmarks of rashaverak's STDH.

Which begs the question, did it actually happen and Rashaverak read about it in this book and embellished it, or is it a common urban legend among the medical profession?

What's for sure poo poo that Did Happen is that I can remember a 15 year old radio segment but can't remember a PIN for a debit card to save my life :gonk:

Silly Hippie
Sep 18, 2007

reddit posted:

Usually this doesn't bother me, and in my area of town it's kind of common for people to hold doors for eachother and things like that - we're polite like that.
But one time, I held the door for a couple coming out of a restaurant. They were already heading out that door when I started to open it. Now, there were two doors. Their party of like 40 continued to pour out through the single door, between me and the other door so I couldn't just abandon it and walk through.
Not a single person nodded, looked at me, said thank you, anything. And they congregated right outside the door to talk. They didn't disperse, they were blocking the other door at this point, even. Finally the last one comes out, I let the door close and clear my throat loudly. A couple nearby turn. I shout "Hey!" they alllll turn and look at me. I hold up both hands, extend both middle fingers, and shout "You're all a bunch of ungrateful assholes. Not even a thank you?" then walked in. The GM of the store thought I was about ready to kill someone, apparently, asked if I was ok, if he could get me a drink. He knew me and had never seen me angry before (it's rare that I get angry).

I'm sure the first part happened. I'm less sure the manager of the restaurant which magically transformed into a store halfway through offered you a free drink for cursing at and flipping off customers.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Noreaus posted:

From the EMS stories thread in GBS. When asked to elaborate on "I once had a patient that sewed a canned chicken into her rectum", goon Rashaverak came up with this:

It's the best kind of STDH. You laugh, you cry, you retch, but you don't feel like a idiot for reading it. It's a well done story that obviously didn't happen.
Perhaps... perhaps, it's even a "joke."

DrHerpington
Dec 20, 2012

;-*

Silly Hippie posted:

I'm sure the first part happened. I'm less sure the manager of the restaurant which magically transformed into a store halfway through offered you a free drink for cursing at and flipping off customers.

Even large groups usually break down into smaller groups, 40 people are not going to leave all at once even if that's the size of the party. I don't see groups leaving more than 2-3 at a time, enough to fit in a car.

It just reminds me of that dumb scene in "She's Out of my League" where the guy is mistaken for a waiter and I guess kinda lets people into the restaurant? No dialogue but the link below is the only clip I could find with it. SFW.

http://www.videodetective.com/movies/shes-out-of-my-league-waiter-exclusive-clip-/992001

It's STDH: The Movie.

"My parents left town for the weekend. These are the instructions they left for the teenage girls who are watching their dog. "

DrHerpington has a new favorite as of 09:13 on Jul 13, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

DrHerpington posted:

"My parents left town for the weekend. These are the instructions they left for the teenage girls who are watching their dog. "

This is completely plausible. I would leave a completely insane rambling note as well if someone were watching my cats. "Meowey is insane and will bite you if you pet her, but only if you pet her a certain way, otherwise she is OK and she likes kitty treats, the ones in the purple container, but don't give her too many because they're bad for her, she eats when you put the food out but the other two cats (Bitey and Chewey) eat whenever they want, so you have to separate them from the OTHER cats with three baby gates that close up the door opening, oh and you have to crawl through the hole in the middle by removing the baby gate in the middle, don't even think about removing the other two or the other cats will run in and eat all the food :nyan: :catstare: "

E: it would actually be a lot longer.

:catstare:

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 16:43 on Jul 13, 2013

• Locked thread