Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
So is Mario 2 the first game available on both the Wii U and 3DS Virtual Consoles? That Twitter girl hinted that people who owned both platforms would benefit somehow in this scenario, but I don't think Nintendo ever said anything directly about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spikey
May 12, 2001

From my cold, dead hands!

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Apparently this showed up on the NA 3DS eShop today:

I checked the pages for details, but there aren't any. Hmm.

Club Nintendo has details.

http://club2.nintendo.com/30/

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Cyra posted:

Ugh, they look neat enough and I love that streetpass stuff, but $5 each? That's just too steep for something like this. What are the chances they'll ever get cheaper?

When you go to buy one, it offers a pack of all 4 for $15.

citizenlowell
Sep 25, 2003

ignore alien orders

elf help book posted:

When you go to buy one, it offers a pack of all 4 for $15.

I bought them all last night and got to use them all after getting a bunch of streetpasses at a midnight movie. They're a lot of fun from what I can tell and there are a lot of new hats and new ways to unlock hats. If you get a lot of streetpasses I think the $15 is worth it, if you don't I'd look the other way.

MiiForce is pretty great.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
The worst thing about those new streetpass games is there just aren't enough play coins to go around. I live in Alabama, I am not getting a ton of streetpasses. I've had it about a month and gotten 4. So I have to use play coins, but now there are five total games where I would need to spend multiple a day to progress.

They need to let you get more than ten a day I think. Especially since you find yourself spending it on fortune cookies in animal crossing too.

I haven't gotten a streetpass since I installed the new software, but I was curious, can I recruit the same mii in multiple games? That will alleviate the pain a little.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

greatn posted:

The worst thing about those new streetpass games is there just aren't enough play coins to go around. I live in Alabama, I am not getting a ton of streetpasses. I've had it about a month and gotten 4. So I have to use play coins, but now there are five total games where I would need to spend multiple a day to progress.

They need to let you get more than ten a day I think. Especially since you find yourself spending it on fortune cookies in animal crossing too.

I haven't gotten a streetpass since I installed the new software, but I was curious, can I recruit the same mii in multiple games? That will alleviate the pain a little.

Yeah, just like you get a person in both Puzzle Swap and Find Mii, they appear in all 4 other games as well.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*

balgaines posted:

Metroid came out yesterday.

edit: on the Wii U VC. I think Mario 2 was the only thing on the 3DS but I'm not sure.

Guess we're not getting that Kid Icarus deal where you can get one game for a discount if you buy the other since they didn't bother to release it here.

Way to go, NOA! You're giving me more reasons not to support your lovely practices with this unnecessary trickling. Is it so hard to release two loving NES games a week at least?

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

It's especially odd because a month ago we were getting some seriously great weekly VC updates. You'd think that July would be the month where they put out some big titles to counterbalance the lack of retail releases.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Supercar Gautier posted:

It's especially odd because a month ago we were getting some seriously great weekly VC updates. You'd think that July would be the month where they put out some big titles to counterbalance the lack of retail releases.

That's how they did the 3DS eShop too, a lot of great releases right off the bat when they were just rolling it out and then its like they went "Oh no there's such a nice bit of consistency with great titles every week! We need to put a stop to this and get to trickling!"

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Add Virtual Boy games. :argh:
I want to play Mario Clash.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
PAL update (week of July 18):

quote:

WII U RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    The Smurfs 2 - €39.99/£31.99
WII U SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Buy either Metroid or Kid Icarus, get the other for half price! - ends July 25
    Puddle (Wii U eShop) - €4.99 / £4.49 from July 18-Augist 1
    Donkey Kong (NES VC Trial Campaign) - €0.30 / £0.30 until August 13

3DS RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward (permanent price reduction) - €24.99 / £19.99
3DS eSHOP
    ATTACK OF THE FRIDAY MONSTERS! A Tokyo Tale - €7.99 / £7.19
    Robot Rescue 3D - €2.99 / £2.69
    The Denpa Men 2: Beyond the Waves (demo)
3DS VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    Shantae (Game Boy Color) - €4.99 / £4.49
    Spelunker (NES) - €3.99 / £3.59
DSiWARE
    Fashion Tycoon - 500 Points / €4.99 / £4.49
    Rabi Lady - 200 Points / €1.99 / £1.79
3DS SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Fractured Soul (3DS eShop) - €4.99 / £4.49 from July 18-August 1
    Football Up 3D (3DS eShop) - €4.89 / £4.19 until July 25

Shantae is almost here! Now we can all look forward to the price of the cart coming down by, what, fifty cents?

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy
drat it, thanks to Animal Crossing and the new Mii Plaza games, my play coins have dropped from 300 to 120 in the past week.
...I think I have a problem :ohdear:

Though the games are worth it if you have some money in your eshop account. Plus plaza seems to run so much smoother now. I was worried that the added on features would make a bogged down software become molasses speed. So glad that the update fixed the speed issue :woop:

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
e: wrong thread

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

Shantae is almost here! Now we can all look forward to the price of the cart coming down by, what, fifty cents?

I wish. Shantae seems to have the double-whammy of being wanted by collectors because it is apparently a good game and also because it was produced in limited quantities.

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica
With Shantae out of the way, we can move on to hoping for Bionic Commando: Elite Forces, Dragon Quest 1&2, Dragon Quest 3 and Metal Gear: Ghost Babel.

Not that those are anywhere near Shantae money, I just want them on Virtual Console.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
I don't think any of those games are likely but I'd definitely buy all of 'em if they ever showed up.

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty
I'd like to see the 3 Dragon Warrior Monsters games on the VC. Or a translation of the PS1 compilation. I played a hell of a lot more of those things than Pokemon.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
Club Nintendo Platinum/Gold rewards are out! Your choices are:

Platinum only:

Platinum or Gold:

We're never getting anything as cool as the Mario Hat again, are we?

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Is anyone else getting an error when thy try to redeem a prepaid card on the eShop? Error 005-5838. Looking it up online people seem to think it's due to high traffic on the eshop, and with SMT4 being out I guess that makes sense.

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

I take it that links awakening is going to be like the GBA ambassador program releases and not come out to anyone except those who choose it...

drat it I want the majoras mask soundtrack but the link's awakening is very tempting...

EDIT: Link's awakening is not Link to the past.

Spiffster fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Jul 16, 2013

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW
What? I bought Link's Awakening on 3DS VC ages ago. It's on there for anyone to buy.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Yea I've had LA for a while on my DS, go for the sound track.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Spiffster posted:

I take it that links awakening is going to be like the GBA ambassador program releases and not come out to anyone except those who choose it...

drat it I want the majoras mask soundtrack but the link's awakening is very tempting...

Link's is great and all, but its in the e-shop for what, $6? Versus an exclusive?

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

I think Link's Awakening was one of the first VC games they released.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

It was one of the VC/eShop's launch titles.

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Crap I'm an idiot I read it as link to the past for some stupid reason. :doh:

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

So I guess no one else is getting that error. Great, there's probably something wrong with the card then.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

So I guess no one else is getting that error. Great, there's probably something wrong with the card then.

My $30 code from FE/SMT went through fine earlier today. Of course I was an idiot and tried to enter it as a download code rather than a prepaid card the first time.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Regy Rusty posted:

It was one of the VC/eShop's launch titles.

I think it was the "....and it's available on the eShop, RIGHT NOW!" games from E3 2011 or whichever year it was.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Sega Japan just updated the page for 3D Galaxy Force II (click) - here are the details:

-Definitely based on the arcade version, not the crappy Mega Drive port
-Save states
-Replay recording/playback with slow-mo option
-Fully customisable controls; movement options include circle pad, d-pad or touch screen, and there's an option to use the Circle Pad Pro to control the throttle
-Dipswitch-style settings for difficulty, starting energy, energy timer speed, shield strength
-Four different screen settings: original resolution, optimised widescreen, full-screen, and "cabinet" mode which tilts the screen as you move
-Arcade cabinet setting lets you choose which of the two cabinet versions to replicate, which changes the look of the "casing" and the way the screen tilts; you can even change the background of the room your "cabinet" is in to either an arcade or a space backdrop
-BGM/SFX jukebox with adjustible levels/channels, plus some other audio-related options like a toggle for simulated cabinet noises

It'll be out next week in Japan for 800 yen.

For those who've forgotten, here's a list of all the Sega 3D games currently revealed/leaked (none of which have been officially announced outside of Japan, by the way):

-Space Harrier
-Super Hang-On
-Sonic the Hedgehog
-Altered Beast (Mega Drive)
-Ecco the Dolphin (Mega Drive)
-Galaxy Force II (arcade)
-Shinobi 3 (leaked via age rating)
-Streets of Rage (leaked via age rating)

PaletteSwappedNinja fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Jul 17, 2013

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

I really hope all those games make it here eventually. Is Nintendo/Sega just going to dump them all on us in waves like with the Game Gear stuff?

bpc908
Jan 27, 2013

Kacho of My own little gaming world
I mean it's more than likely we'll get these game eventually because Europe is getting them

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Zeether posted:

I really hope all those games make it here eventually. Is Nintendo/Sega just going to dump them all on us in waves like with the Game Gear stuff?

I imagine so, yeah. We know they're definitely coming because they keep rating them, it's just a matter of when.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.

Sega Japan just updated the page for 3D Galaxy Force II (click) - here are the details:

Wow, I remember playing this a lot back in the day. It just won't be the same without the enormous monitor and tilt-o-hurl cockpit, though.

Edoraz
Nov 20, 2007

Takin ova da world :cool:

bpc908 posted:

I mean it's more than likely we'll get these game eventually because Europe is getting them

I really hope so, honestly. I'm really interested in a lot of these.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

In case anyone still wants them, the mario poster set is back up on club nintendo for 400 coins.

https://club.nintendo.com/rewards-details/a/16506.do

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Akileese posted:

In case anyone still wants them, the mario poster set is back up on club nintendo for 400 coins.

https://club.nintendo.com/rewards-details/a/16506.do

Oh man I noticed they took off Game & Watch Collection 2. That was the last thing I wanted, dammit. :(

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Yo PAL Wii U dudes, Nintendo's finally releasing its first eShop game soon! Pokemon Rumble U, the next in the line of weird gashapon brawlers, will hit the eShop on August 15. No price listed, but the Japanese version was around 1500 yen, from memory.

It's worth noting that the game includes support for special NFC figurines that let you unlock new characters and trade data; NOE has said they do plan to release the figurines at retail but that they may not be ready for launch.

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

I know it's in the OP to not ask about about system releases for the 3DS eShop, but I really hope they eventually put Sega Genesis games on the eShop soon. It's pretty sad when Steam has a huge variety of old Sega games for sale and a handheld boasting a library of old console games doesn't.

I know it's still relatively new but come on, Nintendo. I don't want to play Light Crusader or Phantasy Star on PC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Pokemon Rumble U update: both the game and the NFC figurines will be out on August 29. The game will be $17.99.

TheHoosier posted:

I know it's in the OP to not ask about about system releases for the 3DS eShop

Congratulations, you're the first person to ever read the OP! (probably because it's 80% unfinished)

RE: Genesis/Megadrive games, Sega is currently remaking a bunch of 'em in stereoscopic 3D but they still haven't been announced for an international release.