Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Hot Toys unveiled their ToyFair exclusives this morning. A version of Captain America from the cheesy plays in the movie, the bad Superman from Superman 3 and Bruce Willis as GI Joe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

I am super disappointed in those offerings. That Cap was supposed to be a double release with Rescue Cap, and without any other 1940's characters to go with it looks really stupid.

Evil Superman is just a repaint with stubble, not even a new sculpt to make him look evil. Lazy.

Joe Colton is probably the only figure I'd buy, because I just want a Bruce Willis Hot Toys figure. But even that figure is underwhelming.

Probably for the best, as I still have way too many Hot Toys on order for the remainder of the year as is.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

The Rage posted:

I am super disappointed in those offerings. That Cap was supposed to be a double release with Rescue Cap, and without any other 1940's characters to go with it looks really stupid.

Evil Superman is just a repaint with stubble, not even a new sculpt to make him look evil. Lazy.

Joe Colton is probably the only figure I'd buy, because I just want a Bruce Willis Hot Toys figure. But even that figure is underwhelming.

Probably for the best, as I still have way too many Hot Toys on order for the remainder of the year as is.

I wish the NECA John McClane figure wasn't such garbage. I want a good figure of him in a not sell a kidney scale and price.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Flex Pay from SideShow makes it all the better. :)

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Vintersorg posted:

Flex Pay from SideShow makes it all the better. :)

It's also a gateway drug to overzealous spending. I've managed to stick with just Joes and DC figures the last few years, but it takes what little willpower I've got left to not jump on every awesome new Star Wars villain (that upcoming Darth Vader with light-up chest...:sigh:).

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I'm looking for the Eaglemoss DC Red Arrow figure if anyone has one they don't need.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

They finally made a figure of this:

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

quote:

San Diego Comic-Con, one of the biggest summer events of the year, will be starting next week from July 17-21!

Hot Toys is very excited to be firstly unveiling the prototypes from a number of licenses at the convention.

Do visit our exclusive distributor Sideshow Collectibles’ booth (#1929) to see these new collectible figures in person!

And to kick off - “Nanananana…Holy showcase!”

More will be coming soon, please stay tuned!

Reminder that they will also be doing the classic Batmobile as well.

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP FOREVER.
Can you guys help me out? I'm looking for an Ecto 1 or 2 that has a trunk that opens but won't cost me more than $40-60 bucks and I don't have to put together. Any help?

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

rear end Catchcum posted:

Can you guys help me out? I'm looking for an Ecto 1 or 2 that has a trunk that opens but won't cost me more than $40-60 bucks and I don't have to put together. Any help?

Theres always the Real Ghostbusters version. Should be pretty cheap on eBay. Or the Hot Wheels 1:43 version. No clue if the trunk opens, but I know the 1:18 does but that's $200.

Heres the 1:43: http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=MAT12639&mode=retail

BitterAvatar
Jun 19, 2004

I do not miss the future

The Rage posted:

Theres always the Real Ghostbusters version. Should be pretty cheap on eBay. Or the Hot Wheels 1:43 version. No clue if the trunk opens, but I know the 1:18 does but that's $200.

Heres the 1:43: http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=MAT12639&mode=retail

That one is very nice but it does not have the opening trunk he is looking for. I have both the 1:18 and 1:44 of both cars from the Hot Wheel Elite line, they are awesome.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

BBTS has a preorder for a 1:18 Ecto-1 at $79.99, but no picture yet. Due out Aug/Sep this year.

However, it's listed as Hot Wheels Heritage, and won't be as detailed as the Elite release.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Four Horsemen's Raven Kickstarter is finally live

Minotaur the Duck will be mine. Oh yes, it will be mine.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

BitterAvatar posted:

That one is very nice but it does not have the opening trunk he is looking for. I have both the 1:18 and 1:44 of both cars from the Hot Wheel Elite line, they are awesome.

Yeah I bought the 1:18 Elite and its incredible. Definitely worth the money.

ShimSham
May 25, 2007

I heard you
like how I sack.
So Toynami is FINALLY releasing a set they've seemingly been sitting on for a long time now, and of course it's a CC exclusive. They've previously released Destructor as an exclusive but now he comes with the Gender Bender.

http://www.comic-con.org/exclusives/toynami-inc

I can only hope that this will have huge demand and will cause Toynami to renew production of their 5-6" Futurama line that they've basically cancelled at this point. I don't think demand will affect any decisions at all though. They've reportedly had these box sets pretty much ready for a long time but haven't released them. So it's not like they just recently produced this.

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

ShimSham posted:

I can only hope that this will have huge demand and will cause Toynami to renew production of their 5-6" Futurama line that they've basically cancelled at this point. I don't think demand will affect any decisions at all though. They've reportedly had these box sets pretty much ready for a long time but haven't released them. So it's not like they just recently produced this.

Oh man I wish they would do another line. I loved the first ones, I had to wait almost a year for the full series with the BAF Robot Santa but was it worth it. I am very sad I was never able to get a Zapp Brannigan for the Nixon head. It would rock it there was a Nixon/Agnew box set.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Sideshow's newest preview:

It also sounds like Baroness will be finally be going up for order soon. It's going to be an expensive few months.

The Goon
Sep 11, 2001

I just got nailed with a $550 invoice for Hot Toys' Iron Man and Hulk from amiami.

That.....hurt. Holy god I wish they'd stagger their releases better.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Got the cape case sorted out I think. Just using Command Strips to hold it up so far, night just screw into the top of the case if they don't hold.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

The Goon posted:

I just got nailed with a $550 invoice for Hot Toys' Iron Man and Hulk from amiami.

That.....hurt. Holy god I wish they'd stagger their releases better.

Still waiting on my BBTS orders. Figure some time in August for both.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
For broken or torn PVC plastic, is crazy glue a good way to mend parts; I recently discovered one of my SOTA street figther figures has a torn ankle joint. Granted this is a dirt-easy fix, but it involves a metal pivot and some extra PVC, so what would you guys reccomend to glue those things together?

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Ka0 posted:

For broken or torn PVC plastic, is crazy glue a good way to mend parts; I recently discovered one of my SOTA street figther figures has a torn ankle joint. Granted this is a dirt-easy fix, but it involves a metal pivot and some extra PVC, so what would you guys reccomend to glue those things together?

I always use krazy glue for plastic and it usually works extremely well, but it's so runny that on moving parts you risk fusing the whole deal into a non-moving part if you're not careful. Be careful not to pour too much on there. One trick you can do is put the glue on and then wiggle the joint back and forth for a few seconds to keep the glue from bonding to the moving bits, which it will given half a second. The stuff works very fast and is very strong. If the joint does end up stuck, sometimes you can poke an x-acto knife in there to pry it apart without too much collateral damage. A slightly dull one works better in that case.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
Thanks for all the tips. Gonna post pics of this soon in hopes it helps someone else.

BitterAvatar
Jun 19, 2004

I do not miss the future
So can anyone recommend a place to find a reasonably priced and not too large stand for collectibles?

Ideally I'd like something with glass doors to help prevent a lot of dust but I also need pretty big square footage for my larger models (1:18 Ecto1) but I don't necessarily want something too tall.

Bushifox
Dec 10, 2003

Je suis une tappette pour les jouets cheap et casse. Je suis dieu des nulles!

BitterAvatar posted:

So can anyone recommend a place to find a reasonably priced and not too large stand for collectibles?

Ideally I'd like something with glass doors to help prevent a lot of dust but I also need pretty big square footage for my larger models (1:18 Ecto1) but I don't necessarily want something too tall.

think ikea ones are popular like this one maybe?

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/10119206/

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

BitterAvatar posted:

Scroll up to my last post. Those are Detolfs and they're the best thing you can buy.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

NECA's SDCC exclusives will be for sale periodically the next few days, limit 2 per customer.

A certain lovely lady has finally gone up for preorder:

Also some shots of Destro:

Now you too can have an ambiguously accented pseudo-dominatrix boss you around and kiss a guy in a metal face mask! Meanwhile Sideshow is killing me with all these shots of that Cobra Throne I passed on because of a dearth of good figures for it and don't want to shell out $400 on eBay for. Re-release that poo poo!

Hot Toys Heartbreaker Iron Man also went up, and there's tons of new previews for stuff like a new Doom statue, Hot Toys Prometheus things, and a new Storm Shadow figure.

Sanschel fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Jul 18, 2013

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

The Adam West Batman looks fantastic!!

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

So here's the patient. Again, this is a quick fix, tongue in cheek, nothing pro or fancy that you should attempt with your $3200 sideshow collectibles or similar.

The tools are basically stuff I had lying around. Those pliers look nasty but I only use them for trimming fence wires.

I take one synthetic eraser and use my hobby knife to craft an approximate filling for sakura's leg

Now I fashion a "skeleton" out of a big clip with the pliers. This will help recover her foot's rotation

With a pin vise I hollow out just enough space for the pin to fit in, this part sucked because of how small the gap had to be and old rear end PVC is pretty dense

the "prosthetic". I should have clipped it less to add more stability but this is an easy fix too and it takes literally 2 minutes to do. I jam the foot into the eraser material. Please note that synthetic erasers are MUCH LESS denser than PVC and hence cannot support much weight nor torque, but since this figure is skinny enough it's OK

The patient is fully recovered and can enjoy a wide array of activities such as running, dancing and getting beat up in a dark alley by a giant muscle-bound russian wrestler.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Shark repellent AND the bomb? Ready to pre-order right. now.

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...
AWWWWW YEAAAH :flashfap:

BitterAvatar
Jun 19, 2004

I do not miss the future

Rhyno posted:

Scroll up to my last post. Those are Detolfs and they're the best thing you can buy.

Awesome. I had been looking at those before but I'm glad to hear that they're pretty good.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
Does anyone still care about Mattel's DC Universe Classics/Club Infinite Earths?

A new release schedule came out of Comic-Con today for the end of 2013 and going into 2014 (assuming enough people subscribe): Ra's Al Ghul, Ocean Master, and Batzarro (a wasted slot, if you ask me) to round out 2013, and '90s Aquaman (hook/beard), Ice, and Superboy (black T-shirt) for 2014.

Matty is teasing an oversized Doomsday for 2014, but if they don't get enough subscriptions, they'll release the "containment suit" Doomsday from his first appearance (you know, the one nobody really wants), but if they hit a secret number of subs, they'll make the familiar Doomsday instead.

Somewhat more interesting news on the Marvel Legends front: Flash Thompson Venom, Songbird, Moonstone (the same one in the Comic-Con exclusive Thunderbolts set), X-Force Archangel, a new Thor, Tiger Shark, Radioactive Man, Blizzard, Batroc, and Jubilee (in her modern black costume) as the build-a-figure. Pretty sure some of those will be running changes (which means we may or may not ever see them).

A new Iron Man movie line looks like it'll have movie-style Mandarin and Rescue, and there will be a comic-style Baron Zemo in the Captain America 2: Winter Soldier movie line.

Unfortunately, there are rumors that the really nice white and gold Iron Fist, one of the new Hawkeyes (not sure which), and some of the other recent, yet-to-be-released figures may not be released after all.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Jul 20, 2013

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

The irony about the CIE figure is that a giant Doomsday would require little actual retooling as they already released a normal sized one that looks exactly the same, but the containment suit has a shitload of brand-new parts. I'd rather have the containment one anyway, I always liked the red goggles and beating-the-JL-with-one-hand aspect, although 90s hook hand Aquaman is not the way to entice me to sub up.

Oh, and Stan Lee is partnering with Matty to create STANDOR

Because why the gently caress not

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Sanschel posted:

The irony about the CIE figure is that a giant Doomsday would require little actual retooling as they already released a normal sized one that looks exactly the same, but the containment suit has a shitload of brand-new parts. I'd rather have the containment one anyway, I always liked the red goggles and beating-the-JL-with-one-hand aspect, although 90s hook hand Aquaman is not the way to entice me to sub up.

He looks like one of those Leviathan guys from Hickman's Secret Warriors!

Sometimes I go to Action Figure Insider and Fwoosh, and everyone there has been wanting '90s Aquaman for years, as well as '90s Kyle Rayner, and Connor Hawke. I don't like the design myself, but it fits pretty prominently into all the current '90s nostalgia, especially for fans of Morrison and Waid's JLA.

Ice is the only one I want, but it sucks that she's slated for 2014 so there's a chance we won't get her to go with the upcoming Fire. Of course, my #1 Matty DC want, The Shade, was passed over again.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Sanschel posted:

Looks like he stole his armor design from Kirby, how appropriate

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Why cookie Rocket posted:

Haha, when Stan reads this he's gonna poo poo at how good that :iceburn: is.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Why cookie Rocket posted:

Stan Lee's nipples

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin
That Stan Lee figure looks more like Mr. Feeny than Stan Lee.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Djarum posted:

That Stan Lee figure looks more like Mr. Feeny than Stan Lee.

At last, the final piece in my Boy Meets World customs!