Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
commish
Sep 17, 2009

Grem posted:

Before you guys get all crazy about the Shephard's Staff, I'd like to note I have not lost to a single person that has been using it.

I don't think it's that good, tbh. I won't be using it, and I honestly probably won't spent any gold on it. If I get all the drops, fine. If I don't, then I don't.

For those PvPing, Kitty + Phx = easy-mode. Mindlink to kitty and watch the enemy kill themselves. It's even better nowadays because there are so few scrappers in play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kali11324
Dec 8, 2004

This space intentionally left blank
My constrictor is only level 7 so I'm not using him but he seems like he would be a good PvP character.

ServoMST3K
Nov 30, 2009

You look like a Cracker Jack box with a bad prize inside
Since swearing is censored (I think) on Playdoms's site I just think of corny Marvel jokes for the team chat. Here's a good one:

What does Union Jack call a stale french fry in his hometown?

a stiff supper chip!

Georgia Peach
Jan 7, 2005

SECESSION IS FUTILE

ServoMST3K posted:

Since swearing is censored (I think) on Playdoms's site I just think of corny Marvel jokes for the team chat. Here's a good one:

What does Union Jack call a stale french fry in his hometown?

a stiff supper chip!

I laughed before pulling out my WWI issue revolver.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

I've joined the facebook group and downloaded the macro to automate the flight deck (because I am chronically short of silver), but I have no idea how to use it. Anyone care to treat me like an idiot and explain what to do with it? I have it downloaded and unzipped, but the readme.txt points to a blank webpage. I'm using firefox 22.0 and playing the game on facebook if either of those things make a difference.

CDW
Aug 26, 2004
If you're on Firefox, just go for leethax, it's easier, and can pull ally bonuses for you as well.

Just don't mess with combat drops, those have been patched out.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
There's no way we'll see an update when Rulk gets released? The earlier post about how long its been since any new content has been released has gotten me antsy. I really want Episode 2 to get released.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Looks like PvP in iOS is about to start up. They are already advertising Punisher as a prize for the first tournament.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Liar Lyre posted:

Looks like PvP in iOS is about to start up. They are already advertising Punisher as a prize for the first tournament.

I could only do one match, as no one else is playing, and It was a against a guy with level 9 dr strange and she hulk, and was level 50 with some gun I've never seen before. I cannot even level all the characters I've gotten because no one but one person is sending me SP, they're all sending 10 silver.

Kali11324
Dec 8, 2004

This space intentionally left blank
If you are trying to 5 star a mission do you get more points for doing it in challenge mode?

Whargoul
Dec 4, 2010

No, Babou, that was all sarcasm.
YES, ALL OF IT, YOU FOX-EARED ASSHOLE!

Kali11324 posted:

If you are trying to 5 star a mission do you get more points for doing it in challenge mode?

Depends on the level of the agent compared to the level of the mission.

If your agent is at a high level and you're playing early missions, challenge mode will get you more XP, but it will take longer to 5 star it.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I've been doing challenge mode to both level all the new characters I've gotten and to nab some of the cool gear from them, but as soon as thats done, I just do them in regular mode.

Though leveling is hard because there's a lot of blasters in the current mission i'm trying to 5 star, and Wonderman just have such a desire for suicide.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Just got a message that iOS PVP is now up.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
On iOS PvP, some characters and costumes are broken and/or barooooooooken.

For instance, Jean Grey's resurrection abilities don't work. Broken.
However, she can use Phoenix Flare immediately. Barooooooken! I never really used Modern Thor on Facebook, but this must be what it feels like. With an offensive accelerator on the agent, it feels like Emma + Iron Patriot.

Black Widow's level 9 is superfluous because her gray uniform works, but even without her stun her stealthy attacks and powerful counter attacks on a tactician when most other things are busted is amazing.

What else have people run into on the iOS version?

Fred is on
Dec 25, 2007

Riders...
IN SPACE!
And with the weekend arrived, the chances of Playdom fixing all the characters broken by the last patch before the end of the PvP season drop sharply. drat it, Omega Sentinel without Exploit Shields just isn't Omega Sentinel. :negative:

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Jesus Christ, iOS PvP is lovely. I keep getting matched against people who are way higher level than me. Anybody got cheap tactics to use?

sakeyake
Feb 1, 2004

So if anyone went with the Sorcerous Sceptre/Sinister Sceptre combo, the Shepherd's staff fits in pretty nicely. Being phased is the perfect situation to heal everyone and skip your next turn.

Throw in the balogna scroll and you've got more synergy than most Spec Ops sets.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

Liar Lyre posted:

Jesus Christ, iOS PvP is lovely. I keep getting matched against people who are way higher level than me. Anybody got cheap tactics to use?

Tac Grey Widow is strong and hits like the Hulk. Jean Grey is ridiculous, especially if you can strengthen her. I'll take the pair over any 90cp hero.

Human Torch is everywhere, but while fire turns his flames on, he's not immune to it. The lack of costumes for most of the characters make them vulnerable, so I picked up tactician for the agent. A counter attacking opponent is a small price to pay for destroying blasters.

Which characters do you have available to you?

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
poo poo, new SpecOps up with Damion Hellstrom as the reward.

e - 22 days, Satana is the lockbox reward.

e2 - OH poo poo TASKMASTER

Fred is on
Dec 25, 2007

Riders...
IN SPACE!
Taskmaster, Venom and Blackheart? San Francisco maps? They must be tipping their hand early for Season 2 content. That's kinda cool. A bit of an interface upgrade on startup, too, though it seems a little broken right now.

Edit: The bug I was just complaining about still isn't fixed, though. Ah, well, at least this should make a nice enough distraction.

Fred is on fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Jul 14, 2013

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Bell_ posted:

Tac Grey Widow is strong and hits like the Hulk. Jean Grey is ridiculous, especially if you can strengthen her. I'll take the pair over any 90cp hero.

Human Torch is everywhere, but while fire turns his flames on, he's not immune to it. The lack of costumes for most of the characters make them vulnerable, so I picked up tactician for the agent. A counter attacking opponent is a small price to pay for destroying blasters.

Which characters do you have available to you?

Uh, the basic ones (Iron Man, Widow, Hawkeye) and like 8cp. Should is just pend some gold and get some cp, because I got like 60 bars. Have been doing alright with Hawkeye and Widow. Enough to get into Gold in PvP.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Chess Set's on sale. Would people recommend The Knight? I got the Sceptre so I've been using that with the golden tonfa for counters, but its not very powerful

Fred is on
Dec 25, 2007

Riders...
IN SPACE!
So what IS the Circle of 8 anyway? I finished PvE Season 1 just a few days ago, and I figured after all that buildup there'd be a big reveal, but unless I missed something big, the only thing they ever wind up saying is that it's a wacky chaos cult. I ask about it because they refer to it at the end of the first Spec Ops mission, and seem to be expecting us to know what they're talking about.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

I'll admit I haven't been paying an extreme amount of attention to the story, but I think the Circle of 8 might be the eight villains you fight in 12.5, Zemo, Dr. Octopus, Dormammu, Mephisto, Green Goblin, Loki, and Red Skull; plus Doom, who claims to have been manipulating the others. Magneto used to have Skull's spot. (When you beat 12.5 they should have done dialogue recreating the pages with the two of them from the end of Acts of Vengeance)

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Fred is on posted:

And with the weekend arrived, the chances of Playdom fixing all the characters broken by the last patch before the end of the PvP season drop sharply. drat it, Omega Sentinel without Exploit Shields just isn't Omega Sentinel. :negative:

gently caress Omega Sentinel. She can stay that way. Iron Man is supposed to be a million times better than her and NOW THAT'S HOW IT IS.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Opopanax posted:

Chess Set's on sale. Would people recommend The Knight? I got the Sceptre so I've been using that with the golden tonfa for counters, but its not very powerful

The Sceptre and Knight was my go-to combo for a long time, paired up with angolob and quantum jumper. Or another counter attack weapon.

But that was before there were more stealthy attacks to get around the protect/phase combo. I haven't reforged the Knight, so I don't know how viable it is nowadays.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Iron Fist, Scarlet Witch and Fantomex for the deploys. Guess I should finally get Wanda, hopefully that means her new costume is out soon

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Opopanax posted:

Iron Fist, Scarlet Witch and Fantomex for the deploys. Guess I should finally get Wanda, hopefully that means her new costume is out soon

That means I'm ahead with Rulk.

I got the staff last night, luckly I won all the expensive stuff in roulettes. First time I've been this lucky.

Okay, just fought an obvious cheater; his armory screen didn't come up but he had 300k bonuses and when I fou8ght him, he dodges 100% of all attacks, including signpost.

Ahha, this is utter bullshit, every match i've fought so far tonight has been a loss in the first turn, and aparantly mind link isn't working, as attacks on Jean are hitting Jean and not kitty.

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free
GET 40 SOULS IN A JAR TO ADVANCE

Ugh.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 25 days!

JohnnyCanuck posted:

GET 40 SOULS IN A JAR TO ADVANCE

Ugh.

I think that's for some special weapon, no? Souls in a Jar show up pretty often from what I've seen.

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free
I have to "complete two tasks" before I can unlock the second mission. One of my current tasks is to collect 40 drat souls in a jar.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 25 days!

JohnnyCanuck posted:

I have to "complete two tasks" before I can unlock the second mission. One of my current tasks is to collect 40 drat souls in a jar.

The tasks for "Harness the Power" do not count, you need two of the */25 tasks.

edit: Complete two more of the "Devil You Know" tasks to unlock.

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free
Oh, well that's better, then.

Better-ish, anyway.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

JohnnyCanuck posted:

Once you finish the research you can just buy them. Two-star mission 1 while you're waiting if you haven't already so you can blow through the rest without doing mission 2 twice.

VextheGrey
Dec 3, 2000

"No, Sasquatch! NOOOOO!!"
Is it me or does Taskmaster's sword look like one of the better protect weapons in a long time.

Mister Chompers
Sep 11, 2011

VextheGrey posted:

Is it me or does Taskmaster's sword look like one of the better protect weapons in a long time.

It's a buff that can be removed and sword has to be used to get the buff so it's not as good as you'd think.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Mister Chompers posted:

It's a buff that can be removed
This is the very thing that has completely ruined pretty much everything about this game since Bologna and Rescue have been released

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Syrinxx posted:

This is the very thing that has completely ruined pretty much everything about this game since Bologna and Rescue have been released

Looks like one of the special ops weapons is one that prevents buff removal. From the agent, at least.

No wait, it says any ally. So there you go.

Codependent Poster fucked around with this message at 07:27 on Jul 14, 2013

Unctuous Cretin
Jun 20, 2007
LUrker
I'm fairly disappointed in the Taskmaster fight, unless I discovered some sort of master team. He rolled over like a bitch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

He just did a pretty lovely job of preparing. "Baron Zemo, Captain America, Sif... Aw, screw it, I'm done watching for the day. Those'll probably be enough."

• Locked thread