Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mach5
Aug 1, 2004

Shatfaced!

weekly font posted:

Andrew Garfield rules.

Hahaha. That would at least explain J. Jonah Jameson's inexplicable, hostile man-crush on 'ol Spidey. Because, seriously, no straight dude has that much anger bottled up and takes it out on a teenage boy wearing tights unless he has some serious weirdo issues.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Mach5 posted:

Hahaha. That would at least explain J. Jonah Jameson's inexplicable, hostile man-crush on 'ol Spidey. Because, seriously, no straight dude has that much anger bottled up and takes it out on a teenage boy wearing tights unless he has some serious weirdo issues.

I would love it if something like this played out:

Stormageddon
Jan 16, 2008
I am actually just a sentient program made to shitpost, and am still getting my human speed calibration down.
I mean, if they didn't make him black they sure as hell won't make him gay, but that is awesome. This is probably gonna get more rage than Dunst saying Spider-Man should die.

I love it.

Mach5
Aug 1, 2004

Shatfaced!

Stormageddon posted:

I mean, if they didn't make him black they sure as hell won't make him gay, but that is awesome. This is probably gonna get more rage than Dunst saying Spider-Man should die.

I love it.

Redacted

Mach5 fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Jul 12, 2013

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Stormageddon posted:

I love it.

Ironically, she ended up being kinda right, if Ultimate Spider-Man is any indication. I'm all for killing Spider-Man if it means introducing Miles Morales to the movie-going public.

Stormageddon
Jan 16, 2008
I am actually just a sentient program made to shitpost, and am still getting my human speed calibration down.
After selling his soul and killing his soul mate with radioactive sperm, Christ, let something good happen to Parker already.

Oh, and Norman Osbourne rape vehicle.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Yoshifan823 posted:

Ironically, she ended up being kinda right, if Ultimate Spider-Man is any indication. I'm all for killing Spider-Man if it means introducing Miles Morales to the movie-going public.

Think of the nerd racist rage surrounding Miles Morales and multiply that by a billion.

Mach5
Aug 1, 2004

Shatfaced!

Stormageddon posted:

After selling his soul and killing his soul mate with radioactive sperm, Christ, let something good happen to Parker already.

Oh, and Norman Osbourne rape vehicle.

Peter Parker gets poo poo on more than Wolverine in every comic, ever. And Wolverine is, like, everywhere.

Seriously, I'd just like to see Spidey just web-slinging off into the sunset through the skyscrapers of New York and thinking, 'you know, after all this crap I've been through, I don't really have it that bad at all!'. Fin.

Stormageddon
Jan 16, 2008

notthegoatseguy posted:

Think of the nerd racist rage surrounding Miles Morales and multiply that by a billion.

The thing about that rage, though, is that it always ends with the ragers being told to get hosed and life moves on. Marvel was born on not playing it safe,

Stan Lee, creator of the goddamn Spider-man posted:

"Doing our bit to try to make our nation, and the world, color blind is definitely the right thing."

There is little doubt Lee feels the same way about gay rights or really any segment of humanity at all. If the creator of the character itself feels it is exactly in line with what he intends with the character, then who gives a poo poo about racists and homophobes.

Spider-Man is one of those characters than it'd be especially apt to make gay/bi, in that he's young, and the whole comic smacks of puberty and coming of age and how growing up being yourself feels like it requires super powers. I think the move would be more appropriate on Spider-Man than any other comic icon that exists. Just like with Morales. I worry more about those who decide he belongs in some exact mold have done with him in stories than the big bad scary notion of having him be the same character in love with a guy he eventually kills with his radioactive ejaculate.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Stan Lee has always been that way. I know some people knock him etc.. but he's literally always been against bigotry etc..

http://gaylife.about.com/b/2009/01/15/stan-lee-goes-gay-again.htm

It's to bad this never happened ( I don't think) , but yeah he's super crazy " Don't be a bigot" type person, which makes him super awesome in my book. If Spider-Man had not been invented and was invented today by Stan Lee he would be gay.

ExplodingSquid
Aug 11, 2008

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

See this movie gets it. Spidey is a cocky dick with a smart mouth, well before new deadpool ran it into the ground. They express it very well without him having to be unmasked 24/7.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Where was all of this in the first movie? Seriously.

Stormageddon
Jan 16, 2008

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

It was there, it was just kinda buried in the origin story stuff they had to rehash.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Peter Parker is dead in both Marvel universes so the obvious solution to this is to reverse Gwen's death by having Peter accidentally kill himself while saving her. :getin:

Death to Parker in all the universes!

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

The closest we got was him lounging on the web but finally this movie seems like it hits the tone of Spider Man.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
I still love that he was wearing his backpack the very first time we see him as Spider-Man.

DFu4ever
Oct 4, 2002

The entire high school fight sequence was textbook Spider-Man. So was his dealing with the car thief. Saving the kid in the car.

ASM was a really good Spider-Man movie.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

According to the costume designer for the new movie, Peter will have an MP3 player in his suit.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

$50 says he's talking to Aunt May explaining he'll be late for dinner.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer

Aces High posted:

"I'll be a little late getting home. No, I won't need a ride. I'll see you in a few minutes!"

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Aces High posted:

Gaseous Snake posted:

"I'll be a little late getting home. No, I won't need a ride. I'll see you in a few minutes!"
It would be awesome if they did this, but did it like Jason Statham's phonecall to Amy Smart at the end of Crank while he plummeted to the ground from an airborne helicopter, which is played in Crank 2 to reveal that the message was nothing but choppy wind noise :v:

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

Looks like the visible webshooters are still in. I'm okay with this and wouldn't mind it being a permanent change in the comics.

https://www.facebook.com/theamazingspiderman

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

I'm fine with visible webshooters as long as they're not clashing with the design of the suit. We can't see from that shot, but having devices on his wrists should work with the web pattern underneath. It's the reason I like the Amazing chest spider versus the Raimi chest spider, because it works with the webs rather than simply being slapped on top.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEHcD9XFhhA
Teaser trailer for ComicCon.

ExplodingSquidx2
Oct 20, 2010

That's a DAMN fine cup of coffee.
So an actress let some info slip....

http://www.totalfilm.com/news/felicity-jones-reveals-amazing-spider-man-2-spoiler

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

ThermoPhysical posted:

Looks like the visible webshooters are still in. I'm okay with this and wouldn't mind it being a permanent change in the comics.

https://www.facebook.com/theamazingspiderman

That suit.

God drat, DAT SUIT.

mfaley
Jul 30, 2005
Most rape is bad
I dig that voice.

shdwdmg
May 16, 2008

mfaley posted:

I dig that voice.

I hope when he gets angry, his fillings spark in his mouth and he voice sounds like a Tesla coil.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

She's Mary Jane. Peter, she was weak, confused...

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I can't believe whoever wrote that post couldn't, at all, add in something about the thought of her just loving around with her answer.

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008

Rhyno posted:

That suit.

God drat, DAT SUIT.
It's no Scarlet Spider but it'll do.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

http://io9.com/watch-andrew-garfield-stay-in-character-during-the-spid-847000773

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
I love how much Andrew Garfield really enjoys being Spider-Man.

Stormageddon
Jan 16, 2008
I bet that rear end in a top hat skated off and brooded in the corner after the panel. GOD. Least he had the decency to cover his cool hair.

agatona
Oct 29, 2010

Here's a video for the full panel from Spidey's entrance until the end of the Q&A. No film footage so I think this is okay to post.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkMyBc7MVQw

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

L_E_E posted:

Here's a video for the full panel from Spidey's entrance until the end of the Q&A. No film footage so I think this is okay to post.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkMyBc7MVQw

From what I saw, it was pretty awesome. Sony removed it though.

agatona
Oct 29, 2010

I don't understand why Sony would remove that. The video did not contain any film footage. Just the interviews. Oh well.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

L_E_E posted:

I don't understand why Sony would remove that. The video did not contain any film footage. Just the interviews. Oh well.

I don't know what Sony's problem is. It was a really good thing, it sold a lot of people (at least in the YouTube comments :v:) on Andrew as Spider-Man but I guess they don't like good publicity?

Unless they plan on being cool and putting up the entire 38min long panel up officially...but this is Sony so probably not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

agatona
Oct 29, 2010

I hope it pops up again somewhere. The Spidey bits were awesome. I laughed at his quip about his running entrance when the host was talking about his amazing abilities.

I agree that this vid would have converted some non believers as to Andrew's fit as Spidey.

Sony is being dumb.

Found this vid that has most of the Spider-Man bit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8I91QLcz2Lo

agatona fucked around with this message at 10:06 on Jul 23, 2013

• Locked thread