Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Valtaherra posted:

So I found this guy who did a pretty ridiculous replica of the new Man of Steel suit and man, if I had any idea how to even begin to get one of these made for myself, holy poo poo

It's not quite screen accurate obviously, but I'd be down as gently caress to own one just like it.

That's impressive as all hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. MonkeyThunder
Sep 21, 2005

All is, if i have grace to use it so...

oldpainless posted:

Since I wasn't sure who this was supposed to be, all that I could think of was poor Eraserhead cosplay.

Fister Roboto posted:

I thought it was Nic Cage in Raising Arizona.

You boys need a little bit of cultural education from LP's own Slowbeef and Diabetus: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRH6Bu6RjbE. The whole thing's 52 minutes but you'll get it in about 10.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Rhyno posted:

That's impressive as all hell.

And the costume isn't half bad either.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

TontoCorazon posted:

And the costume isn't half bad either.

:golfclap:

RazorBunny
May 23, 2007

Sometimes I feel like this.

I know them (well, I talk to them at cons and we're on some of the same forums), and their suits are always amazing. And they're both always in fantastic shape.

Edit: I showed the picture to my husband, who expressed surprise that this guy would wear one of the printed suits, since he apparently threw a massive shitfit on one of the forums a few years ago about suits with muscles printed on and how if you were really dedicated you would go to the gym and get ripped for real. Oh, cosplay drama...

RazorBunny has a new favorite as of 23:39 on Jul 14, 2013

Hydrolith
Oct 30, 2009

RazorBunny posted:

I know them (well, I talk to them at cons and we're on some of the same forums), and their suits are always amazing. And they're both always in fantastic shape.

Edit: I showed the picture to my husband, who expressed surprise that this guy would wear one of the printed suits, since he apparently threw a massive shitfit on one of the forums a few years ago about suits with muscles printed on and how if you were really dedicated you would go to the gym and get ripped for real. Oh, cosplay drama...
Huh? Are those muscles printed on? They don't look it to me...

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

Hydrolith posted:

Huh? Are those muscles printed on? They don't look it to me...

No, that's the point. The person complaining is "dedicated to his craft" or etc. and complaining about those who phone it in.

RazorBunny
May 23, 2007

Sometimes I feel like this.

That one doesn't have the muscles painted on, but the guy who printed that suit does the muscle suits too, so we just thought it was surprising he would buy from him.

McPantserton
Jan 19, 2005

IRONICALLY SWEALTERING
e. :gonk: Wrong cosplay thread, I blame a full weekend of work in the heat. Here's a picture of Svetlana at Kamui Cosplay in her warrior armor instead of my process shots.

McPantserton has a new favorite as of 02:12 on Jul 15, 2013

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

McPantserton posted:

e. :gonk: Wrong cosplay thread, I blame a full weekend of work in the heat. Here's a picture of Svetlana at Kamui Cosplay in her warrior armor instead of my process shots.

Seriously thought this was some sort of in-game screenshot for a second. It's awesome.

LadyRavenWaves
Dec 18, 2007
You don't get stronger by lifting baby weights

McPantserton posted:

:3: She is so wonderful!

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Yeah I lied; so what is the truth?

Dr. MonkeyThunder posted:

You boys need a little bit of cultural education from LP's own Slowbeef and Diabetus: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRH6Bu6RjbE. The whole thing's 52 minutes but you'll get it in about 10.

Don't worry this will all make sense soon.

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing
Carsplay?

The Monkey Man
Jun 10, 2012

HERD U WERE TALKIN SHIT

RedneckwithGuns
Mar 28, 2007

Up Next:
Fifteen Inches of
SHEER DYNAMITE

I don't know if it's been posted here before or not, but someone made a suit of Daedric armor from Skyrim and it looks really, really good:

Here it is in action:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5QeAkTn0DY&t=160s

Kinda makes me want to try to make a suit of the dragonbone armor. That one was always my favorite :3:

RedneckwithGuns has a new favorite as of 00:24 on Jul 17, 2013

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

http://sweetipomoea.wordpress.com/2012/10/25/my-cat-is-a-bus/

Edit: there's a video!
https://vimeo.com/58519325

Snowglobe of Doom has a new favorite as of 11:53 on Jul 17, 2013

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

My poor stupid cat is going to hate me now.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Picnic Princess posted:

My poor stupid cat is going to hate me now.

My cat won't even wear a collar without giving up on life. Hrm...

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Does this count?

Mogambo
Jan 6, 2011

:hurr:
This has been a public service announcement to put me on ignore.

CURATOR OF ANIME posted:

Does this count?

No there are characters other than Fox.

cowboythreespeech
Dec 28, 2008

RedneckwithGuns posted:

I don't know if it's been posted here before or not, but someone made a suit of Daedric armor from Skyrim and it looks really, really good:

Here it is in action:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5QeAkTn0DY&t=160s

Kinda makes me want to try to make a suit of the dragonbone armor. That one was always my favorite :3:

This is wicked, but I wish they'd coreographed the fighting better in the video. I mean, I guess the armour was probably really heavy or whatever, but it looks like a Xena fight scene.

edit: Oh god the comments. I hate youtube.

McPantserton
Jan 19, 2005

IRONICALLY SWEALTERING

cowboythreespeech posted:

This is wicked, but I wish they'd coreographed the fighting better in the video. I mean, I guess the armour was probably really heavy or whatever, but it looks like a Xena fight scene.

edit: Oh god the comments. I hate youtube.

Having worn poo poo like that, s/he probably can't bend their torso/possibly knees for poo poo and almost certainly doesn't have full range of arm motion, either.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

my animes~

I'd love to see an LED board version of this so they could change the dialogue. And of course a Snake cosplayer to walk around everywhere with him and have SERIOUS CONVERSATIONS ABOUT LOVE.

Boomerjinks
Jan 31, 2007

DINO DAMAGE
Summer means scooter time!

Click for bigger and prettier

Click for bigger and prettier

MissMarple
Aug 26, 2008

:ms:

Goddammit Adam Savage; you make some pretty costumes.

EDIT : http://www.tested.com/art/makers/456811-making-adam-savages-admiral-ackbar-costume/ Except it was really like 10 people. It's still awesome.

MissMarple has a new favorite as of 12:34 on Jul 19, 2013

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

Ass, gas, or grass. No one rides for free.

grumplestiltzkin has a new favorite as of 17:27 on Jul 20, 2013

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

The best robot costume.

Of course, it took a corporate backed team 2000 man hours and god knows how much money, but drat.

http://www.geeksaresexy.net/2013/07/19/wow-this-is-the-most-awesome-and-badass-robot-costume-of-all-time-pic-video/

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
Where is the line between costume and cybernetic exoskeleton?

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Well, I think it is just short of that thing. It is still insanely cool though. Of course, now that somebody has done it in three years there will be like five knock offs built by one man teams in their garages. :v:

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

This picture is awesome! All you need is a convincing Haruko cosplayer and you could probably convince the internet of a live-action FLCL movie.

Angry Avocado
Jun 6, 2010

For those of you wondering who the guy in the front is, it's the hunter who shot Bambi's mom.

Bonus: the cutest family

:3:

Angry Avocado has a new favorite as of 11:07 on Jul 21, 2013

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Wow that Despicable Me family cosplay is fantastic

The Monkey Man
Jun 10, 2012

HERD U WERE TALKIN SHIT
Well, this isn't horrifying.

Cheesus
Oct 17, 2002

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.
Yam Slacker

Angry Avocado posted:

For those of you wondering who the guy in the front is, it's the hunter who shot Bambi's mom.
How sick was he of being reminded that female deer don't have antlers?

unpronounceable
Apr 4, 2010

You mean we still have another game to go through?!
Fallen Rib

I just noticed Scar's head there in the back.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

Cheesus posted:

How sick was he of being reminded that female deer don't have antlers?

Hey, it's not like he couldn't have been the guy who shot bambi's dad. Not like he was a virgin birth.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

unpronounceable posted:

I just noticed Scar's head there in the back.

Just had a discussion about that. I think it's actually tr king from Robin Hood.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

LingcodKilla posted:

Just had a discussion about that. I think it's actually tr king from Robin Hood.

Naw, it's definitely Scar. It has his orangy fur and black mane. King John isn't the same kind of orange, he doesn't have a main and if you were dressing up as him, he'd have a big oversized crown that's constantly falling down your head.

...:goonsay:

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Macaluso posted:

Naw, it's definitely Scar. It has his orangy fur and black mane. King John isn't the same kind of orange, he doesn't have a main and if you were dressing up as him, he'd have a big oversized crown that's constantly falling down your head.

Here's an interview with them all. It's definitely Scar and he's hiding up the back because his costume is really :effort: compared to everyone else.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rom92zg5rp4

Oh and I found some Prince John cosplay ....

http://boulayo.deviantart.com/art/Disney-s-Robin-Hood-cosplay-group-288782837

Snowglobe of Doom has a new favorite as of 06:30 on Jul 22, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Macaluso posted:

I kinda forget about scar while we looking at the photo. We did get stumped on the far right chick.

• Locked thread