Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kaliber
Jun 17, 2005

Crazy Mike posted:

Forget islander, can you go for the Bolo Yeung look?

Oh my god. Yes!

It's going to be the hardest thing ever. Especially since I can't ever get pass the 180 mark weight wise.

edit: pizza covered in olive oil in 25minutes!

Kaliber fucked around with this message at 08:30 on Jul 9, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners

holocaust bloopers posted:

Real crossfit woman:

Curvy goonette babe

Kaliber posted:

edit: pizza covered in olive oil in 25minutes!

I, too, am eating a pizza.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Veins McGee posted:

I, too, am eating a pizza.

Woah now, if you aren't careful you're gonna need to make a whole new pair of jorts.

vains
May 26, 2004

psydude posted:

Woah now, if you aren't careful you're gonna need to make a whole new pair of jorts.

Nah, I've been losing weight recently. Stopped drinking soda.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Yeah I cut out soda like a month ago. I should probably stop drinking as much, too.

NIGGER DEATH TURBO
Jul 4, 2013

by Lowtax

psydude posted:

Yeah I cut out soda like a month ago. I should probably stop drinking as much, too.

I switched from drinking everyday/every other day to drinking one day a week. Seems to be making a difference, also making me irritable as poo poo though.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

psydude posted:

This is really what I should do...but A-I actually like soda and B-I hate caffeine headaches. :(

I have no willpower. :sigh:

vains
May 26, 2004

Godholio posted:

This is really what I should do...but A-I actually like soda and B-I hate caffeine headaches. :(

I have no willpower. :sigh:

Drink coffee like a grownup then.

Martello
Apr 29, 2012

by XyloJW

Veins McGee posted:

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Seriously because coffee is awesome.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Veins McGee posted:

I do, just not all day long.

Crazy Mike
Sep 16, 2005

Now with 25% more kimchee.

Seriously because coffee is awesome.

I hate the taste of coffee. My morning drink is C4, and it gets me to bench like a maniac this morning. 3x8@225 Hooah!

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
All those pre workout supps do for me is guarantee a huge dump.

elite_garbage_man
Apr 3, 2010
I THINK THAT "PRIMA DONNA" IS "PRE-MADONNA". I MAY BE ILLITERATE.
Some endurance/distance athletes take caffeine before an event so they don't have to stop during the race and pinch off a loaf. Cool.

It's 94 degrees out and I've been doing ruck intervals

2 minute max situps 80x +3x more

ruck weight 56lbs no water
1 mile: 11:17
1/2 mile 5:56 HEHEHE OORAH AM I RITE M16A1 4 lyfe
2x1/4 mile 2:36 and 2:26

ruck push-ups
5x6

I think I got this poo poo figured out during the last portion of the workout. This is only the second week I've been training at my actual pack weight. The technique of the 10 minute mile times are right between running and walking. It's like a really weird glide. Next week I hope to shave about a minute off the mile time.

Still have a strength(dl)/body weight session tonight and a short run.

Science
Jun 28, 2006
. . .

elite_garbage_man posted:

Some endurance/distance athletes take caffeine before an event so they don't have to stop during the race and pinch off a loaf. Cool.

Is there a specific dosage at which it stops being a poop-maker and becomes a poop-stopper? I drink coffee basically because it helps me poop while at work. :3:

elite_garbage_man
Apr 3, 2010
I THINK THAT "PRIMA DONNA" IS "PRE-MADONNA". I MAY BE ILLITERATE.
It seems around 15-40mg per sitting (heh poop) is ideal for a workout kick start/maintenance every hour. Most of those energy gels/bars have this amount and don't cause people to poo poo their loving pants upon consumption.

elite_garbage_man fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Jul 9, 2013

agentq
Dec 23, 2003
Frag out

elite_garbage_man posted:

It's 94 degrees out and I've been doing ruck intervals

2 minute max situps 80x +3x more

ruck weight 56lbs no water
1 mile: 11:17
1/2 mile 5:56 HEHEHE OORAH AM I RITE M16A1 4 lyfe
2x1/4 mile 2:36 and 2:26

ruck push-ups
5x6

I think I got this poo poo figured out during the last portion of the workout. This is only the second week I've been training at my actual pack weight. The technique of the 10 minute mile times are right between running and walking. It's like a really weird glide. Next week I hope to shave about a minute off the mile time.

Still have a strength(dl)/body weight session tonight and a short run.

I've got 4x 1mile intervals today with 45 lbs. I'm supposed to carry my weapon but it's pretty hard to do on the treadmill.

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

heyfresh888 posted:

I've attended a pre-selection course while I was stationed at Bragg on my first active duty enlistment but my selection date was canceled due to deployment. I feel pretty confident about the SFRE, plus I have some other things going for me.

Hey man, how did you end up doing?

Captain Amerikkka
Mar 14, 2013

Veins McGee posted:

Stretch marks are cool. Don't be a pussay.

That's what you said last time I asked, but they aren't cool god drat it :argh: I feel like I'm not even super-huge for my frame, why are dudes with bigger arms and backs than me not getting this poo poo?

Blotto Skorzany
Nov 7, 2008

He's a PSoC, loose and runnin'
came the whisper from each lip
And he's here to do some business with
the bad ADC on his chip
bad ADC on his chiiiiip
Are you super-white? That'll make the stretch marks form at the drop of a hat and be more noticeable. It's your punishment for having red hair or whatever.

Captain Amerikkka
Mar 14, 2013
I'm Regular American White. My ancestors came over to the debtors colonies, we didn't crowd Bostonian slums after having the O's dropped off of the front of our last names at Ellis island.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Captain Amerikkka posted:

That's what you said last time I asked, but they aren't cool god drat it :argh: I feel like I'm not even super-huge for my frame, why are dudes with bigger arms and backs than me not getting this poo poo?

They probably started down the bulk road when they were younger and their skin was more elastic, or they took a slower path that gave the skin a chance to stretch.

agentq
Dec 23, 2003
Frag out
I got a new LT overseas now and don't have a job for him. He failed the pushups at Ranger School then went to IBOLC to prep to retake the test. He failed the test at IBOLC after his "prep" to go back to Ranger School. For those of you that don't know, you have to do 49 pushups to get into Ranger School.

So he's going to PT with me. Had my FSO teach him all the major lifts we do in the PT program I'm on so he doesn't hurt himself.

Today is day 1:

OBJ: Stamina, 90 minutes

1) 55 Minute AMRAP
5x SBGUs each side @ 60
Rope climb or 3 x Tarzan pull-up (6 total)
5 x Scotty Bob @ 25
25 x step-ups w/25# pack or weight vest

2) 3 mile run w/IBA or 25# weight vest

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Am I reading this correctly: he was sent to ranger school before IBOLC? Was he a snowbird?

agentq
Dec 23, 2003
Frag out

psydude posted:

Am I reading this correctly: he was sent to ranger school before IBOLC? Was he a snowbird?

He finished IBOLC then went to Ranger. Failed Pushups. Got sent back to IBOLC to be trained up physically to return to Ranger School. Before you can leave IBOLC to go to Ranger School you have to take the RPFT again. He failed pushups during the IBOLC RPFT to go back to Ranger.

Now he's my extra guy. So we'll see how he does, starting now.

**We finished. He wasn't looking so hot so I brought him so cold water and had him pour it on his head and asked him if he was okay. He finished 8 rounds (just over time but we counted it). I finished 10 with extra time and probably could have done 11 if hadn't been checking on him. He puked at the end so we skipped the run and called it a day.

Gonna put him on a ramp up program before he hops in again.

agentq fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Jul 15, 2013

Ashmole
Oct 5, 2008

This wish was granted by Former DILF
We have a lot of untabbed IN LT's. One failed after being sent back. We have two new AR LT's that washed out. Did RTB get a new commander or something and the course is harder or is this standard?

agentq
Dec 23, 2003
Frag out

Ashmole posted:

We have a lot of untabbed IN LT's. One failed after being sent back. We have two new AR LT's that washed out. Did RTB get a new commander or something and the course is harder or is this standard?

I don't know man. I asked my buddy who was stationed at RTB last summer since we had a lot of failures and he said it was all the same poo poo. It's probably the same pass rate they always brief. Might just be our units... You're at Hood right? Not a lot of tabbed guys at Bliss, 2LT or CPT or MAJ or LTC...

agentq
Dec 23, 2003
Frag out
Double tap

Ashmole
Oct 5, 2008

This wish was granted by Former DILF

agentq posted:

I don't know man. I asked my buddy who was stationed at RTB last summer since we had a lot of failures and he said it was all the same poo poo. It's probably the same pass rate they always brief. Might just be our units... You're at Hood right? Not a lot of tabbed guys at Bliss, 2LT or CPT or MAJ or LTC...

Yeah I'm at Hood. It's not as stigmatized here.

I heard of a lot of guys failing land nav, so I wonder if that changed.

agentq
Dec 23, 2003
Frag out

Ashmole posted:

Yeah I'm at Hood. It's not as stigmatized here.

I heard of a lot of guys failing land nav, so I wonder if that changed.

My XO failed land nav there, but got it on the 2nd try. I have another PL that isn't tabbed and he didn't go because of stress fractures.

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
Tried my first 12 miler yesterday. Finished in 2:33 with a 56lbs pack sans water. Pretty stoked, but today everything hurts!

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
Isn't IBOLC supposed to be pretty physically intensive? What about OCS? I'm in the OCS option recruitment process right now and I have a PT test in a week or two, they told me I need to get at least 65 push ups.

Been training for it for the past month or so.

Had my friend time me for push ups and sit ups, maxed sit ups, 71 push ups, and 13:43 two mile for the 22-26 age range. I guess that's in the high 280s. 13:00 two mile max seems intense though. Can get down to 13:20 on a treadmill but I felt like I was going to die afterward.

Crazy Mike
Sep 16, 2005

Now with 25% more kimchee.
I got it in my head that I want to run a half marathon in less than two weeks without adequate training. This morning I ran about 5.2 miles in 61 minutes. I'm guessing it will take me about 2 hours 45 minutes to run a half marathon. I have a feeling I'm going to be limping for a week after that.

Kikuchiyo
Apr 24, 2003

Shuttle of joy never forget.

Mustang posted:

Isn't IBOLC supposed to be pretty physically intensive? What about OCS? I'm in the OCS option recruitment process right now and I have a PT test in a week or two, they told me I need to get at least 65 push ups.

Had my friend time me for push ups and sit ups, maxed sit ups, 71 push ups, and 13:43 two mile for the 22-26 age range. I guess that's in the high 280s. 13:00 two mile max seems intense though. Can get down to 13:20 on a treadmill but I felt like I was going to die afterward.

IBOLC is fairly physically demanding, but there's also an element of pushing people through (as with all initial military training). So, you might have a guy get through by the skin of his teeth, barely passing the PT test, not carrying his weight during FTX's, etc, but still graduate. However, for those guys, Ranger School ends up being a bit of a wake-up call - either they fail during RAP week or they get knocked out shortly thereafter (or they surprise everyone and go straight through, but usually not).

I wouldn't worry too much about OCS - a buddy of mine is an instructor over there, and from what he says, there are a lot of weak candidates. However, keep in mind that you get your branch based on the order of merit there - of which the APFT is a big part. So, it'd be in your interest to max or get close in order to help give you some say over what you end up doing in the army.

agentq
Dec 23, 2003
Frag out

Mustang posted:

It is somewhat. I honestly think he failed on purpose. Anyone that goes and trains pushups for a month should be able to do 49, especially someone who did PT everyday for 4 months or whatever during IBOLC. I know his PLT Mentor and he is very fit and pushed his LTs pretty hard physically.

TheAlphaChaser
May 12, 2013
I'm getting too weight room fit so I'm about to start the National Strength and Conditioning Association's Tactical Athlete program (here: http://www.uscg.mil/worklife/docs/pdf/SFAS%20prep%20book.pdf). Don't tell me to crossfit because my shoulder has already been destroyed from that retardedness.

A few friends did this program and recommended it to me. Anyone heard anything about it? Think I should supplement it in anyway?

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I don't think anyone here would recommend Crossfit.

vains
May 26, 2004

I don't think anyone here would recommend Crossfit.

Crossfit isn't bad. It just isn't the end all-be all of work outs. Just don't drink the koolaid.

Kaliber
Jun 17, 2005

I don't mind CrossFIt as much as I claim. I hate the power lifting aspect of it, but love the body weight HIIT part of it.

CrossFitters just gets on my nerves hardcore because for them it's the ONLY work out to do.

Our CrossFit god scored a 240 on his PT test. Barely did over 60 push ups and not too great on his sit ups and run either. All that crossfit and he can't do push ups to save his life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Yeah, the HIIT/cardio portion of it is kind of a nice change up.