Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
First trailer for 12 Years a Slave, Steve McQueen's new movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainHollywood
Feb 29, 2008

I am an awesome guy and I love to make out during shitty Hollywood horror movies. I am a trendwhore!

That looks good... really good- but I can't help but feel it was made because of the success of Django Unchained.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

CaptainHollywood posted:

That looks good... really good- but I can't help but feel it was made because of the success of Django Unchained.

It was in production well before Django was released.

AndyP
Nov 7, 2011

Maybe it would make more sense if I could understand the dialogue, but I'm not really grasping the sequence of events that lead a gorilla from the zoo, to doing (what I assume is) disaster relief, to playing baseball, to some guy shooting at it with a rocket launcher.

zandert33
Sep 20, 2002

First thought "wow, I didn't know Steve McQueen was still alive, and he's directing?".

I feel really stupid, anyways "Shame" was fantastic, and this looks very interesting as well.

Skeletron
Nov 21, 2005

One day I found out that my urine was acting like a powerful foaming agent.

zandert33 posted:

First thought "wow, I didn't know Steve McQueen was still alive, and he's directing?".

I feel really stupid, anyways "Shame" was fantastic, and this looks very interesting as well.
Yeah, Shame and Hunger were loving great. I can't get enough of McQueen and Fassbender. This looks amazing.

Barf Wight
Sep 4, 2011
OK, you can stop yelling :hf:

I feel like the dumbest person alive for being pumped about this. I'm guessing the rival team gets a gorilla pitcher at some point.

zandert33
Sep 20, 2002

Barf Wight posted:

I feel like the dumbest person alive for being pumped about this. I'm guessing the rival team gets a gorilla pitcher at some point.

This is a Korean movie so my bet is that the gorilla will injure his arm in the last game, scream in pain and will have to be put down in front of a whole crowd of onlookers who cry as they watch. During this scene there will be a voiceover talking about how much the main character loved the gorilla and how his life will be changed forever.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

zandert33 posted:

This is a Korean movie so my bet is that the gorilla will injure his arm in the last game, scream in pain and will have to be put down in front of a whole crowd of onlookers who cry as they watch. During this scene there will be a voiceover talking about how much the main character loved the gorilla and how his life will be changed forever.

A sad ending that far out of left field (baseball pun woo) would be hilarious to see reacions of in the US.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

http://youtu.be/ZT1wb8_tcYU

Trailer for the Wikileaks movie "The Fifth Estate" starring Benedict Cumberbatch. Looks interesting, although they lay a little heavy on "Julian Assange is the greatest person ever" for most of it.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Julian Assange is a goddamn sex criminal and a coward.

Gonz fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Jul 18, 2013

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Didn't Assange say he dislikes the movie and calls it propaganda?

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

The MSJ posted:

Didn't Assange say he dislikes the movie and calls it propaganda?

I think that was for Alex Gibney's documentary, We Steal Secrets.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

So, here's the trailer for the Japanese remake of Unforgiven. I will definitely watch this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAwbhrqSPgk

Devour
Dec 18, 2009

by angerbeet
Second trailer for The Counselor.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dW08yeOvlI

Business Octopus
Jun 27, 2005

Me IRL

muscles like this? posted:

http://youtu.be/ZT1wb8_tcYU

Trailer for the Wikileaks movie "The Fifth Estate" starring Benedict Cumberbatch. Looks interesting, although they lay a little heavy on "Julian Assange is the greatest person ever" for most of it.

What a horrible Australian accent.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmm-aazQQKA

New trailer for Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom. I'm really excited to see this, especially to see Elba doing something that isn't genre fare.

Jewmanji
Dec 28, 2003

LesterGroans posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmm-aazQQKA

New trailer for Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom. I'm really excited to see this, especially to see Elba doing something that isn't genre fare.

The music was a little overly saccharine for me. I hope the movie strikes a slightly less sentimental tone- Idris Elba as Mandela is a dream come true.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.

I don't even care I want to see ths sooooooo badly. I mean seriously, its a Gorilla that plays baseball, like there are so many things right about that.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Here's the Amazing Spider-Man 2 teaser from Comic-Con all about Electro. Jamie Foxx looks rather creepy in all the make-up and whatnot.

http://youtu.be/JNSK0647wJI

ShadeIncarnate
Dec 18, 2001
I couldn't think of anything original.
Here is the latest trailer for the movie "Gravity."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4pcg7bXgmU

The visuals in this are looking impressive.

CaptainHollywood
Feb 29, 2008

I am an awesome guy and I love to make out during shitty Hollywood horror movies. I am a trendwhore!

ShadeIncarnate posted:

Here is the latest trailer for the movie "Gravity."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4pcg7bXgmU

The visuals in this are looking impressive.

The only bad part about that is that I wished I saw that in theatres.

Eh! Frank
Mar 28, 2006

Doctor gave me these, I said what are these?
He said that they'll cure an existential type disease

CaptainHollywood posted:

The only bad part about that is that I wished I saw that in theatres.

I wasn't wowed that much by the first trailer... until I saw it in theaters in 3D before "Pacific Rim". "Gravity" will be the first movie that I actually plan on seeing in 3D (as opposed to seeing it in 3D because it was the only showing I could make).

CaptainHollywood
Feb 29, 2008

Eh! Frank posted:

I wasn't wowed that much by the first trailer... until I saw it in theaters in 3D before "Pacific Rim". "Gravity" will be the first movie that I actually plan on seeing in 3D (as opposed to seeing it in 3D because it was the only showing I could make).

I'm the same way - supposedly the opening is a 20 minute scene in one take. I can definitely see that.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

Eh! Frank posted:

Yeah, the only film where I've felt that a sense of depth was conveyed effectively by 3D was Avatar, until I saw this trailer.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Jeez, this thread died as soon as I posted that Amazing Spider-Man 2 clip. I felt like I'd killed the thread for a while.

Also, I wish I saw that new Gravity trailer before Pacific Rim as well. This new one just makes me want to see it even more, so I guess it's doing a good job at selling it.

edogawa rando fucked around with this message at 07:14 on Jul 24, 2013

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Yeah that trailer definitely sold me on seeing it in the cinema. I remember Mission to Mars tried a similar scene like a decade ago (astronaut inches away from rocket tries to claw his way back on) but that second trailer made it look like twenty times scarier/creepier.

It'll be fun to see a horror film where the enemy isn't some dude with a knife but a basic force of nature, we don't get enough of those (oh Sunshine you came so close).

edit; youtube comments agree;

quote:

probaly my biggest fear is slipping off a space station and drift endlessly into outer space

Pierson fucked around with this message at 08:34 on Jul 24, 2013

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
I wish that was my biggest fear so I could totally set my mind at rest about it ever happening.

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

Eh! Frank posted:

One small thing I noticed with the 3D trailer - they included an amazingly well-down 3D effect for the inside smudges, scratches and reflections of the helmets for the first person 'looking out' shots, which takes the 'claustrophobia in endless space' to a whole different level :tviv:.

This movie's going to be insane.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
That is going to be absurd in IMAX 3D.

Trump
Jul 16, 2003

Cute
Trailer looks fantastic. Don't have IMAX 3D here in Denmark though. :gbsmith:

stratdax
Sep 14, 2006

Pierson posted:

It'll be fun to see a horror film where the enemy isn't some dude with a knife but a basic force of nature, we don't get enough of those (oh Sunshine you came so close).

It's a horror movie?
The only footage the trailers are showing is from that scene where they're first bombarded by the asteroids. I assumed this movie was basically like Apollo 13.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Yeah you're right horror isn't the right word, it was just the first one that came to mind when I was typing. Maybe I was influenced by youtube guy.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Gravity looks like it could be interesting but I have no clue what the rest of the movie is supposed to be about since they just keep focusing on the debris shower scene.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

47 Ronin trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47_-pqoPDVQ

Kind of feels like a live action Ninja Scroll. CG looks a bit suspect though.

Barf Wight
Sep 4, 2011
OK, you can stop yelling :hf:

teagone posted:

47 Ronin trailer:

Has
"I'm not afraid of you"
"You should be"

or any variation thereof ever been a good line in a movie?

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Barf Wight posted:

Has
"I'm not afraid of you"
"You should be"

or any variation thereof ever been a good line in a movie?

Depends on if you think the line from Empire Strikes Back counts.

Luke: "I'm not afraid."
Yoda: "You will be. You will be."

But that's not directed at Yoda, so it's not really the same.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

teagone posted:

47 Ronin trailer:

That is not the 47 Ronin I was expecting.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

Random Stranger posted:

That is not the 47 Ronin I was expecting.

It's considerably less historically accurate than I was expecting, and I wasn't expecting much in the first place. It basically looks like 300: Samurai Edition. Does there really need to be another gigantic deformed guy with weapons though?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

Vagabundo posted:

Here's the Amazing Spider-Man 2 teaser from Comic-Con all about Electro. Jamie Foxx looks rather creepy in all the make-up and whatnot.

http://youtu.be/JNSK0647wJI

I'm not getting why so many people are disliking that video, I'm pumped for that movie.

The depth in that Gravity trailer was really cool, but the astronauts all looked really fake to me and I couldn't get into the trailer. Seeing it on the big screen would change that opinion though.

• Locked thread