Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrTpug
Feb 16, 2011

So are we supposed to ignore the fact that Dr. Venture and the Monarch are both Gingers? I put forth that the Monarch is really Rusty Venture and Dr. Venture is the REAL clone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

I'm pretty sure the Monarch made that exact expression once.

Which means he's actually Phantom Limb's second cousin or something.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Wax On posted:

Anyone doubting that Vendata is the Monarch's dad, look at his goddamn teeth. They have the same dorky overbite.

I'm completely ready to be wrong on this but it seems pretty solid with him mentioning the crash and his wife.

Yeah but he doesn't really look anything like this:

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

Snark posted:

You just know somewhere there's a beat up Moleskine with hundreds of punny portmanteaus and common phrases that they kick around for heroes and villains. It's gotta be a fun creative process. I can see them randomly texting each other with just RADICAL LEFT or TIGERRIFIC.

Nat King Cobra is still one of the funniest loving names the show's ever dropped.

I'm glad Orpheus showed up even for just a little bit, but I'm jonesing for some Pirate Captain.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

I like that Vendata's uniform is so similar to the Venchmen. Like there's some back room at the compound full of all these uniforms that the staff used to wear back in the Jonas days.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Action Tortoise posted:

I'm jonesing for some Pirate Captain.

:golfclap:

Me too! The one where he was the sword arm of team JJ was freakin' hilarious.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

DarkCrawler posted:

He literally has the funniest voice in the world. Why change anything?

Plus it works. I mean, I can't take the Master as anything else but magical Archer due to his personality but he also sells Bob from Bob's Burgers as a really good straight man.

He does also play Jimmy Pesto Jr. on Bob's Burgers... I didn't even realize it for the longest time.

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

That nightclub music was really cool, is the seasons soundtrack released yet?

Simstim
Mar 16, 2005

You just gave me a great idea buddy.

Blind Sally posted:

"rear end to rear end!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dS2QwKRhnds

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

axleblaze posted:

Yeah but he doesn't really look anything like this:

They replaced his entire body after the crash remember? I think they're very much setting this up to be the Monarch's dad and maybe some Rusty clones?

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Trabisnikof posted:

They replaced his entire body after the crash remember? I think they're very much setting this up to be the Monarch's dad and maybe some Rusty clones?

Billy is a defective Rusty clone.

ODC
Jul 8, 2005

Is this sexy?

Based on this picture alone I'm thinking that Jonas had an affair with the Monarch's mom at some point and The Monarch and Rusty are half brothers.

It's interesting that Jonas and the woman are holding drinks but the other guy is not. They both have their hand on her but Jonas' is higher and she's facing Jonas and laughing with him. The mother is also placed in the middle of everyone/everything.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer
What an insane episode.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

ODC posted:

It's interesting that Jonas and the woman are holding drinks but the other guy is not. They both have their hand on her but Jonas' is higher and she's facing Jonas and laughing with him. The mother is also placed in the middle of everyone/everything.
I only just noticed that the man looks like he is frowning in that picture.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Same mom different dad?

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

JT Jag posted:

I only just noticed that the man looks like he is frowning in that picture.

Not to me. I see a smile line next to his nose.

IveMadeSnacks
Feb 6, 2004

mew!!
I love that the Revenge Society was watching everything like it was an episode of Game of Thrones.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
I wonder what exactly Vendata did.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Vendata's "I'M COMING TO HELP" then ending up in the wrong room in The Revenge Society is one of my favorite bits ever, especially since they just showed that all the chamber sub rosa booths open into the same room.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

IveMadeSnacks posted:

I love that the Revenge Society was watching everything like it was an episode of Game of Thrones.

I have never seen that stupid thing.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

IveMadeSnacks posted:

I like to think they just watched the same episode we just did.

dazoner
May 17, 2006

White People!
The Monarch can't understand Helper... He's not a Venture

Mocha Frost
May 1, 2006

Install Gentoo posted:

Goddamn that would be great. I'd love to see Brock casually decant a Dr. Venture clone, say oh yeah this happens, then everything just move on like normal.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

dazoner posted:

Brock can understand Helper.

IveMadeSnacks
Feb 6, 2004

mew!!

Cloks posted:

I have never seen that stupid thing.

It is NOT stupid! It is SPECTACULAR!

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Blind Sally posted:

Brock can understand Helper.

So can Dr. Mrs. The Monarch. Obviously they are both Secret Ventures.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

dazoner posted:

Understanding Helper is an acquired skill, not a genetic one.

Comrade Quack
Jun 6, 2006
Witty closing remarks have been replaced by massive head trauma and general stupidity.
Let's make up random theories!

Plug-face is actually a disguised Doc from a different timeline trapped in this one.

Shoreleave is actually Hank and Deans's father. (He went through an experimental phase in his youth)

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Comrade Quack posted:

Let's make up random theories!

Plug-face is actually a disguised Doc from a different timeline trapped in this one.

Shoreleave is actually Hank and Deans's father. (He went through an experimental phase in his youth)

The real Plug-Face wasn't that, but a disguised Doc was boosted into this timeline and murdered the real Plug-Face and stole his identity during the approximate timeline of season two - specifically during Twenty Years To Midnight.

Shore Leave had his DNA stolen and added into the Hank cloneslugs during the 90s as part of a plan by Doc to make sure Hank was stronger (Brock was the original intended subject for this, but he refused and told Doc how to get a hold of Shore Leave for it). Dean? His cloneslugs were modified with DNA from the Sovereign himself.

There, that's the crazy level you need!

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

MrTpug posted:

So are we supposed to ignore the fact that Dr. Venture and the Monarch are both Gingers? I put forth that the Monarch is really Rusty Venture and Dr. Venture is the REAL clone

Install Gentoo posted:

The weird thing is, I could believe both of these reveals! If the final episode ends up with like 75% of the cast being genetically linked through cloning, children both in and out of wedlock and...whatever else they can throw at us, I wouldn't be surprised. Some grand experiment that Jonas Sr. orchestrated but wasn't able to see it through and died before he could let anyone else in on it. The grand final reveal, something like half the cast is technically a Venture Brother, and then...

...it would bug everyone for a second, and then they'd all just get back to their petty squabbling.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Billy has a mother. Only character other than the Monarch to specifically say so.

Pete hatched from an egg or something, for the record.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Sash! posted:

Pete hatched from an egg or something, for the record.

We knew that already due to him being albino

Dr. Discomfort
Sep 19, 2005
I am a nice man with happy feelings all of the time
Is Galaktikon named after this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brendon_Small%27s_Galaktikon

That seems like a dumb question if the answer is yes, but I honestly don't know.

Well, named after that and Galactus, obviously.

Wow, I just realized Batman does Captain Sunshine's voice. I never believed I was an idiot until today.

Dr. Discomfort fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Jul 16, 2013

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

Dr. Discomfort posted:

Is Galaktikon named after this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brendon_Small%27s_Galaktikon

That seems like a dumb question if the answer is yes, but I honestly don't know.

Well, named after that and Galactus, obviously.

I just came here to post this. You bastard. It's a seriously good album too.

Dr. Discomfort
Sep 19, 2005
I am a nice man with happy feelings all of the time

Cacafuego posted:

I just came here to post this. You bastard. It's a seriously good album too.

I know! That's the worst part for me. I love that album and the name still flew right over my head somehow. I would have noticed a villain named Beastblade though.

You flaming poo poo.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
If you ever see something in the Venture Bros that could be a music reference? It is. It always is.

Simstim
Mar 16, 2005

You just gave me a great idea buddy.
The last episode says the plane crash that killed Vendata occurred in 1976. The Venture wikis say the Monarch was born in 1968 and he was 8 when the crash happened. So the timeline fits for him being his dad.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Data Graham posted:

Because the joke was the same. First you think the guy was totally fooled, then it turns out he picked up every little detail at the same level the audience did, and that's what's funny. "That was a shaved Bigfoot and Steve Summers in a wig. Made out of shaved Bigfoot."

The guy was totally fooled. His partner wasn't. And Brock Samson made a plan that relied mostly on his fame and reputation to persuade a guard that was so enamored he probably would have blown him had he asked. And it also went off without a hitch. Venture and Billy was impromptu, and while it was some inspired improvisation on Billy's part, not particularly what I'd call grade A entertainment for a super-villain super-club.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Okay, true, the Bigfoot one had a different flavor because there was a partner involved. Still, the gags share a lot of DNA. Like cloneslugs.

I-unno, it just sorta jumped out at me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
S'all good. Just goes to show bouncers are more discerning than soldiers when it comes to seeing through disguises.