Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
Not supposed to be here today
Anyone else get the adamantium reward despite not being anywhere near the requirement?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Georgia Peach
Jan 7, 2005

SECESSION IS FUTILE

Missed gold by 6 points. drat you "Agent Cajon."

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Wound up going out for burritos instead and just barely stayed in Vibranium. Which is good because I need a new coat

e: Just gave me Angel despite me being at 1260, and the tourney history says I'm at 1300. Well let's hope they don't fix that!

Opopanax fucked around with this message at 02:12 on Jul 16, 2013

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

I just got Angel from 1290 rating. My intense hatred for this game has temporarily abated.

sakeyake
Feb 1, 2004

Did anyone not get him? I got him in Vibranium, which makes up for the fact that I dropped 350 points in a few hours.

JohnnySavs
Dec 28, 2004

I have all the characteristics of a human being.
If Blackheart flees with more health than he started with, does that carry over into the next player's attempt on him? If so, I owe someone an apology.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Sefer posted:

Anyone else get the adamantium reward despite not being anywhere near the requirement?

Same here. I'm not complaining. :)

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

What are the odds they let us keep him? I'm getting him to level 2 at least ASAP.

Didn't something like this happen before? With a jacket or weapon I think

Mister Chompers
Sep 11, 2011

Opopanax posted:

What are the odds they let us keep him? I'm getting him to level 2 at least ASAP.

Didn't something like this happen before? With a jacket or weapon I think

It happened to some people with Red Hulk too and they got to keep him, but it was nowhere near the extent of this.

commish
Sep 17, 2009

Playdom already posted that everyone who received him in error this time gets to keep him. They never take things away from players. Not sure they even can?

Mister Chompers
Sep 11, 2011

commish posted:

Playdom already posted that everyone who received him in error this time gets to keep him. They never take things away from players. Not sure they even can?

I reported some obvious hackers that had their characters taken away so it's possible, but probably not at this scale. Their forums aren't working for me mind posting a link to their statement?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Ha, I got Angel too. That's nice.

Moreau
Jul 26, 2009

Maybe its a new marketing strategy... show the players what the new PVP guy is like, tempt them to spend more cash to win PVP!

Its genius, I tells you! Hmmm, actually, offering the PVP reward as a temp hero during a PVP season isn't a bad idea...

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

PEARL GROWLS "TAKE OFF THAT SHIRT, STEVEN." I COMPLY, REVEALING THE FULL LENGTH SHIRT TATTOO. PEARL RETREATS INTO HER GEM, DEFEATED.
Huh, I guess I should have fought more than 3 battles in PvP, maybe I would have got Angel when I got my 100k as well...

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Ahahahahahahahahahahahah I prob finished around like 750 and I got Angel and everything. That's loving hilarious and if I'm Playdom I just say it's intentional as a makegood for Season 2 and roll with it.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

C. Everett Koop posted:

Ahahahahahahahahahahahah I prob finished around like 750 and I got Angel and everything. That's loving hilarious and if I'm Playdom I just say it's intentional as a makegood for Season 2 and roll with it.

I know! I left for work today and I was at 10.01% so i'm going to trick myself into thinking the Ai won me Angel.

Also finally have a loving new coat. I've been using the trenches for what seems to be a year. And its nice, because I often just leave my agent as a blaster.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Dear MAA IOS PvP,
I'm never going to face an opponent that is 5 levels higher than me. Quit matching me against people 5 levels higher than me. I wasted all my energy denying matches.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Liar Lyre posted:

Dear MAA IOS PvP,
I'm never going to face an opponent that is 5 levels higher than me. Quit matching me against people 5 levels higher than me. I wasted all my energy denying matches.

only 5? I was matched with a guy who was 20 levels hire than me, and had level 12 Spiderman and Wolverine.

Fred is on
Dec 25, 2007

Riders...
IN SPACE!

Moreau posted:

Maybe its a new marketing strategy... show the players what the new PVP guy is like, tempt them to spend more cash to win PVP!

Its genius, I tells you! Hmmm, actually, offering the PVP reward as a temp hero during a PVP season isn't a bad idea...

They've started having PvP prizes as team-up heroes in the last two Spec Ops, though, so they're already doing more or less exactly that.

And hey, sweet! Got him too. MAA is neat in that Playdom's fuckups pretty much balance one another out, in terms of positives and negatives. Gotta suck if some people DON'T get him, though, or for whoever actually did get into adamantium (spendtard or not).

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

I finished with a rating of 1021, which should have landed me in Gold, but I somehow ended up in Vibranium. I guess I would have wound up getting Angel if I had the minimum 50 attacks instead of just 35.

Fred is on
Dec 25, 2007

Riders...
IN SPACE!
Ah, Playdom forums.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

I should feel bad for rage quitting on PvP iOS, but my rank is going up like crazy so I'm gonna keep doing it because this game is kinda bs. The PvP at least. I just want to collect heroes and make a team of cool guys.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Fred is on posted:

Ah, Playdom forums.

Every single person who is complaining is either a spendtard or a cheater, so I have no sympathy.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Bummed I didn't get gifted Angel, I wanted him :smith:

Acidix
Aug 8, 2007

Winner of the terrible contest
Can I get let back into the facebook group? I apparently didnt post kissy-face pictures which was determined randomly in a thread that I posted in.

Whargoul
Dec 4, 2010

No, Babou, that was all sarcasm.
YES, ALL OF IT, YOU FOX-EARED ASSHOLE!

twistedmentat posted:

Every single person who is complaining is either a spendtard or a cheater, so I have no sympathy.

I don't spend much at all ($5 every so often to try and get a lockbox character) and this is the first time I have won Adamantium. I'm happy the game glitches in most players favor, but I'm butthurt over it happening the first time I actually made it. It's just a game though, I'm not going to rage about it.

I do work with someone who drops a lot of money on the game and he wasn't going to make Adamantium and I was all :smuggo: about it. Pie is in my face today.

Whargoul fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Jul 16, 2013

Eddain
May 6, 2007
Can multiple people kill the same group boss like with Ultron? Like if my Blackheart already died, if I don't collect my 10 boxes will other people get a chance to deal the killing blow for more boxes?

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

I'm mad because of a thorn in my impenetrable hide
Well, it took most of my gold stockpile, but I finally unlocked the Juggernaut. Let's hope they never put lockbox heroes in PvP again. Probably gonna buy Shatterstar next, for the next Spec-Ops.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
So SDCC is going to have an MAA panel that will show us some up coming content.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

twistedmentat posted:

So SDCC is going to have an MAA panel that will show us some up coming content.

When does it start?

sakeyake
Feb 1, 2004

Eddain posted:

Can multiple people kill the same group boss like with Ultron? Like if my Blackheart already died, if I don't collect my 10 boxes will other people get a chance to deal the killing blow for more boxes?

I think so. I've seen a few at 1-3% health, which probably means he was killed a few times already without the reward being collected. I think it's still the general policy to hold back on collecting the reward with your agent's picture for about 24 hours so everyone gets a crack at him.

edit: Unless it's for Spec Ops task 22, then all bets are off and gentlemen's agreements be damned.

sakeyake fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Jul 17, 2013

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

FirstAidKite posted:

When does it start?

It says between the 17th and the 23rd. Hilariously, there's still content from NYCC that hasn't been released.

ARCDad
Jul 22, 2007
Not to be confused with poptartin
Haha holy poo poo I got Angel too, and only did a handful of battles in PvP. Playdom can gently caress this up more often

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

momtartin posted:

Haha holy poo poo I got Angel too, and only did a handful of battles in PvP. Playdom can gently caress this up more often

A friend of mine who started playing literally 2 weeks ago got him as well.

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free
I probably needed to win at least one PvP round before they'd give him to me, right? :P

The Automator
Jan 16, 2009
Does anyone play the iOS version? :shobon:

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
Not supposed to be here today
Angel is a really good support character. I was taking him through 12-2 and Cap died before I got a turn, but with only one Lost Page used I still won, just based on him buffing the hell out of my stats/healing (he's at level 6).

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

The Automator posted:

Does anyone play the iOS version? :shobon:

I do! My Game Center ID is Debaser91

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Looks like the next SpecOps will be based off on Infinity, not sure how that'll work.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/07/17/thanos-takes-marvels-avengers-alliance-to-infinity

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
There's a lot of room for MAA to go cosmic. Thanos lockbox, here we come (who am I kidding, well end up getting Nebula instead)

• Locked thread