Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MothraAttack
Apr 28, 2008
Any suggestions on downloading the GoT mod? Moddb won't let me download because of the country I'm in, and I can't find a server on Strategy Informer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
Does anyone remember how long the gap was between the release of the Republic and the announcement of the Old Gods?

MothraAttack posted:

Any suggestions on downloading the GoT mod? Moddb won't let me download because of the country I'm in, and I can't find a server on Strategy Informer.

Have you tried registering with one of those sites?

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
Just some shots to show how hilariously off-rails things can get in Sonendar (by the way, could it be added to the OP?).

Due to the small size of the map and the large number of factions and cultures that inhabit the isle, wars tend to be short and intense. Most Kingdoms are only a hair's breadth away from oblivion, and the loss of a border duchy can be an enormously costly blow.

Through some bizarre and probably extremely :black101: feat of battle, the Icereaper Isles had managed to take control of the Nordmark and the Westerreich, making me, the Queen of Zuhrenheim, quite nervous, as that meant sharing borders with a kingdom of lawless marauding pirates led by a crazy drunken warmonger.

Thankfully, the Pawxatuck Confederacy stepped in to rectify the situation.

However, the situation rapidly degenerated into total anarchy just a year later. Still I feel much safer with the Ockchaws as a neighbor, as they share my religion (and The Faith of the Sword and Plow does not actively encourage people to pillage, rape, conquer and loot their way across the map). Now the Pawxatuck Confederacy is a regional superpower, and I am relatively safe, protected by an alliance with the Kingdom of the Barrier, one of Sonendar's most stable regimes.

But wait, what's going on in the southwest.

:aaaaa::tviv:

One of the pirate republics, the Gundabar Brigadeers, managed to apparently hire all the mercenaries in the world, plot, and win an invasion of Bregnac. They have converted all their vassals to the faith of Haqoob, Lord of Storms.

DrSunshine fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Jul 15, 2013

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

ThePutty posted:

Coming back to this yet again, I kinda want to do this for all my mods, but I dunno how. Is there some sort of super secret way to invert channels you can elaborate on?

Probably in photoshop. Though I don't know about compatibility issues with editing the map bmps.

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

DrSunshine, how did you get your custom map to work in-game? Or, rather, did you use any tutorials or such when you started making the map for Sonendar? I'd like to be able to make custom maps, but they crash the game every time I try to get them to load and would well appreciate any guides on the subject.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

Ofaloaf posted:

DrSunshine, how did you get your custom map to work in-game? Or, rather, did you use any tutorials or such when you started making the map for Sonendar? I'd like to be able to make custom maps, but they crash the game every time I try to get them to load and would well appreciate any guides on the subject.

Yeah, actually two tutorials were pretty helpful:

Modding the EU3 Map (It uses a similar system) and Creating new provinces and counties.

It's probably crashing because of undefined pixels and colors. Make absolutely certain that you've turned off anti-aliasing/feathering and use tolerance set to zero if you're using the paintbucket tool in Photoshop. All the colors for provinces used in the map must be defined in defines.csv, otherwise it'll crash.

EDIT: Also, to make world_normal_height.bmp you'll need the NVIDIA normalmapping plugin for Photoshop (or some other plugin that can do height/normal mapping.

DrSunshine fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Jul 15, 2013

Belasarius
Feb 27, 2002
Invasion CB is so funny. Invade Georgia, give Duchy of Abkhazia to a Mayor, a few days later my steppe doomstack is on the way to Ireland!

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
Time to start organizing the LP, I think. I've made a Google Drive folder for it here, but this link won't work for anybody until I get you added as a collaborator.

Dirty_Moses, SpaceViking, Daeren, beefart, GrabbinPeels -- PM or AIM (it's in my profile) me your google names so I can add you, pretty please

Leb
Jan 15, 2004

Change came to America on November the 4th, 2008, in the form of an unassuming Senator from the state of Illinois.

Belasarius posted:

Invasion CB is so funny. Invade Georgia, give Duchy of Abkhazia to a Mayor, a few days later my steppe doomstack is on the way to Ireland!

It's less funny when you're a neighbor of the Magyars and they take their starting 15k doomstack and chain-invade all of de jure Hungary and Bulgaria and then form Hungary and get another 40k in doomstacks (~870 A.D., mind) and proceed to blob all over the entire map.

Good thing PI buffed them in the last patch, I guess.

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!

ThePutty posted:

Coming back to this yet again, I kinda want to do this for all my mods, but I dunno how. Is there some sort of super secret way to invert channels you can elaborate on?

I opened it in photoshop, but you can probably do it with any paint program that can edit channels separately (GIMP?), then you pick the red channel and find 'invert' where ever it is in the menu, and do the same for green, and resave it. Takes about 30 seconds.

Looked real quick, and it looks fussy with GIMP, but I think photoshop/photoshop elements has a 30 day demo or something, too.

londonmoose
Mar 22, 2011
Is there any way to see a list of past wars that have taken place during the course of a single save file, either in the game interface or by looking through the files? I've had a poke in the save files, but that only seems to store on-going wars and truces. I thought it would be storing some historical information somewhere, because the game is able to number wars by the amount of times they've occurred before.

GrabbinPeels
Jan 3, 2010

I only regret not giving up sooner.

CapnAndy posted:

Time to start organizing the LP, I think. I've made a Google Drive folder for it here, but this link won't work for anybody until I get you added as a collaborator.

Dirty_Moses, SpaceViking, Daeren, beefart, GrabbinPeels -- PM or AIM (it's in my profile) me your google names so I can add you, pretty please

I don't have either of those things, but I sent you a request for access. My account name starts with a k and ends with a 7. :v:

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

GrabbinPeels posted:

I don't have either of those things, but I sent you a request for access. My account name starts with a k and ends with a 7. :v:
I didn't know that was an option!

You can also just send me a request for access, apparently.

GrabbinPeels
Jan 3, 2010

I also have a full write-up of the UI elements from a Muslim perspective if we still needed a post on the basics. I'd just need to tweak the tech section since that's the only major thing that's changed since I wrote it.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

GrabbinPeels posted:

I also have a full write-up of the UI elements from a Muslim perspective if we still needed a post on the basics. I'd just need to tweak the tech section since that's the only major thing that's changed since I wrote it.
There's a post on the basics in the folder right now that I just took from this thread and edited a bit, feel free to do your own work on it and add all the stuff abot the UI elements.

Daeren
Aug 18, 2009

YER MUSTACHE IS CROOKED
Are we using the drive as well as the thread currently in progress or was there a miscommunication somewhere?

If not, I'll send a request at some point :v:

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012
Currently playing a co-op game with a friend. I'm the Emperor of the Swedish empire and my partner the king of Denmark. We recently did a Norse crusade against Syria because somehow a bunch of Persians had converted to the Norse faith, so now our empire is spread out quite a bit.

Now, CK2+ removes the ability for reformed Norse to raid, but is there any way to make it not remove your ability to use rivers? Having to travel around the entire continent to get to Syria make the war much harder than it should have been.

beefart
Jul 5, 2007

IT'S ON THE HOUSE OF AMON
~grandmaaaaaaa~

CapnAndy posted:

I started up the new thread on Saturday. I'll send you a PM when I get home from work because SA is blocked at my office and the phone app doesn't have PMs.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Daeren posted:

Are we using the drive as well as the thread currently in progress or was there a miscommunication somewhere?
Total miscommuniation. Beefart! :mad:

I made the drive so we could all get organized and make sure we weren't repeating each other first but nooooooo apparently. Whatever.

I say still use the drive because checking what everyone else is working on so we don't have six different "what does demesne mean" explanations is a good thing, and this way you'll have someplace to work on your stuff and save posts that are ready to go.

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

I MAKE FUN OF QUEER STORYGAMES BECAUSE I HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO WITH MY LIFE THAN MAKE OTHER PEOPLE CRY

I can't understand these kinds of games, and not getting it bugs me almost as much as me being weird
Quick question, as a Merchant Republic is there a way to change your designated heir once the title has been granted?

I may restart, but in the current game, I assigned my genius second son to be designated heir, but when he got married to a countess somewhere, he moved out of my court and into hers. He was also no longer designated heir, and I assigned that to his older brother, not a genius but not horrible.
His wife died from being stabbed to death (on his orders :ohdear: I don't know why), and he returned to my court, leaving behind a kid.
No idea how that succession is supposed to work, but now I can't assign him to be heir.

GrabbinPeels
Jan 3, 2010

CapnAndy posted:

There's a post on the basics in the folder right now that I just took from this thread and edited a bit, feel free to do your own work on it and add all the stuff abot the UI elements.

I also have pictures, so I could probably just merge the two.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Rockopolis posted:

Quick question, as a Merchant Republic is there a way to change your designated heir once the title has been granted?

I may restart, but in the current game, I assigned my genius second son to be designated heir, but when he got married to a countess somewhere, he moved out of my court and into hers. He was also no longer designated heir, and I assigned that to his older brother, not a genius but not horrible.
His wife died from being stabbed to death (on his orders :ohdear: I don't know why), and he returned to my court, leaving behind a kid.
No idea how that succession is supposed to work, but now I can't assign him to be heir.

You can't remove the designated heir title, so I'm afraid you need to murder your son.

beefart
Jul 5, 2007

IT'S ON THE HOUSE OF AMON
~grandmaaaaaaa~

CapnAndy posted:

Total miscommuniation. Beefart! :mad:

I made the drive so we could all get organized and make sure we weren't repeating each other first but nooooooo apparently. Whatever.

I say still use the drive because checking what everyone else is working on so we don't have six different "what does demesne mean" explanations is a good thing, and this way you'll have someplace to work on your stuff and save posts that are ready to go.

My bad, I guess we had different interpretations of "go hog wild" with respect to setting up the OP and tutorial. Sorry for the confusion!

It really shouldn't be that big of a deal if we use the spreadsheet from here on out. Thanks for setting it up.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

beefart posted:

My bad, I guess we had different interpretations of "go hog wild" with respect to setting up the OP and tutorial. Sorry for the confusion!

It really shouldn't be that big of a deal if we use the spreadsheet from here on out. Thanks for setting it up.
Yeah, we'll be fine.

By the way, guys: Strong suggestion that you timg your full screenshots. That way we don't break tables even accidentally.

unicr0n
Sep 8, 2003
Crusader Kings 2 and the Crusader Kings 2 Collection (All DLC except Old Gods it seems) are currently 75% off on steam.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/203770/

Time to grab it if you don't already.

SpaceViking
Sep 2, 2011

Who put the stars in the sky? Coyote will say he did it himself, and it is not a lie.

GrabbinPeels posted:

I was planning to include a writeup of the Muslim UI with my LP, but if you sent me that to integrate some of it I'd be appreciative.

MothraAttack
Apr 28, 2008

Kainser posted:

Does anyone remember how long the gap was between the release of the Republic and the announcement of the Old Gods?

Have you tried registering with one of those sites?

Yeah. They don't seem to like downloading from Thailand.

GrabbinPeels
Jan 3, 2010

SpaceViking posted:

I was planning to include a writeup of the Muslim UI with my LP, but if you sent me that to integrate some of it I'd be appreciative.

I uploaded the text file into the Muslims folder on the drive. I used the Emir of Tunis as an example but I have links to all the uploaded images in there if it would be of help. :)

oogs
Dec 6, 2011
If anyone wants to buy Crusader Kings II, it's on a flash sale on steam now. $20 for it and all but the newest DLC.

Lester B. Pearson
Jul 4, 2007

Free Marc Emery
and all other
political prisoners!

oogs posted:

If anyone wants to buy Crusader Kings II, it's on a flash sale on steam now. $20 for it and all but the newest DLC.

Thanks for the heads up. Prior to this I had the Roman expansion, the Islamic one, the Norse one and Norse portraits.

I have heard negative things about the Mediterranean portrait pack, but what about the others?

I was also glad to add some new music and Coat of Arms.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.
I played the Elder Kings mod, I don't know if anyone else has itt, but good lord is it broken. It has some legitimately neat ideas, but it is broken as gently caress.

grancheater
May 1, 2013

Wine'em, dine'em, 69'em

GrossMurpel posted:

I'm the Wali-Malik of Africa and wanna give away my dukal titles. My capital is in Cyrenaica and I can give away that duchy perfectly fine.
Does anyone know why I wouldn't be able to give away the duchy or grand city of Tunis in this situation?

As a republic, I believe you can't give away your primary title's designated capital or any higher titles to which it belongs to.

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

I MAKE FUN OF QUEER STORYGAMES BECAUSE I HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO WITH MY LIFE THAN MAKE OTHER PEOPLE CRY

I can't understand these kinds of games, and not getting it bugs me almost as much as me being weird

marktheando posted:

You can't remove the designated heir title, so I'm afraid you need to murder your son.

I'm not sure whether I should go with "Sorry, I actually do like him more." or "I can always get a another son; there is only one Maltese Republic."

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

I played the Elder Kings mod, I don't know if anyone else has itt, but good lord is it broken. It has some legitimately neat ideas, but it is broken as gently caress.

I've played it, it's definitely playable, but I had to abandon my last save game because the Knahten Flu hit and I finally understood why Paradox didn't simulate the Black Death- it's no fun to play when all you're doing is changing rulers every 5 seconds and clicking away death messages.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

CapnAndy posted:

Yeah, we'll be fine.

By the way, guys: Strong suggestion that you timg your full screenshots. That way we don't break tables even accidentally.

Don't do this, it is always better for lps to resize manually nothing turns people off screen shot lps like having to open each image individually.

Dirt Worshipper
Apr 2, 2007

Paralithodes Californiensis
What CK2 folder should I go poking around in to change country name? I'm a little tired of Norse culture/religion England being called that. Need to change the CoA too.

tombom
Mar 8, 2006
Does anyone have experience trying to put Project Balance/SWMH/VIET together? I tried but I ended up with a bunch of noculture provinces - it might have just been an SWMH bug or something but I really wish there was a pack that put them all together, it's ridiculous downloading 5-6 different mods and then enabling everything and trying to get them to work.

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

I've done PB + SWMH, but not VIET alongside. There's compatibility mods that have to be selected (i.e. PB, SWMH and PB+SWMH) alongside the base mods themselves. You've done that, right?

tombom
Mar 8, 2006

Ofaloaf posted:

I've done PB + SWMH, but not VIET alongside. There's compatibility mods that have to be selected (i.e. PB, SWMH and PB+SWMH) alongside the base mods themselves. You've done that, right?

Yeah, I've been using those but I just found that one of the others mods I was using that's recommended has a compatibility patch which I'd missed. Ugh. There's another mod that's PB compatible but probably not PB+SWMH. It's frustrating trying to work out what's compatible or not and I'm still not sure if I've installed everything correctly but it at least seems to work now. Thanks for your help.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow

Dirt Worshipper posted:

What CK2 folder should I go poking around in to change country name? I'm a little tired of Norse culture/religion England being called that. Need to change the CoA too.
Norse England is one of the cases where the original name fits perfectly well though even if you are a fan of localizing everything to every culture.

Localized title names can be changed and added in \common\landed_titles\landed_titles.txt

e; Kinda related: am I the only one that really dislike the title localization that they added? It really bothers me to not have consistent title names (why would your character start referring to titles by a different name just because the new ruler is of a different culture?), and it doesn't really add to the experience for me at least to have Egypt be renamed Ägypten if ruled by Germans or whatever. I'll probably just end up commenting it all out at some point.

Kainser fucked around with this message at 14:38 on Jul 16, 2013

• Locked thread