Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

Edit: If "EAT A DICK VAKARIAN" wouldn't be incredibly misunderstood, I would get it on a t-shirt

lenoon fucked around with this message at 15:31 on Jul 12, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Oh my goodness. This is wonderful.

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

That is my new favorite comic.

reagan
Apr 29, 2008

by Lowtax

Fag Boy Jim posted:

Charge/Nova Vanguard is the "get bored after an hour" class

Well, at least there is one person on here who I can agree with. This Vanguard love flies over the top of my head every time.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I'll agree with the people who say that it's thrilling in MP, because there's actually an element of risk involved, but just spamming the same two/three powers over and over is like, the same poo poo that pisses me off in Mass Effect 1.

Magil of Shadow
Dec 28, 2009

Proposal: Form a friendly relationship immediately.

"You have GOT to be kidding me"

lenoon posted:

Edit: If "EAT A DICK VAKARIAN" wouldn't be incredibly misunderstood, I would get it on a t-shirt

I can't be the only one who hears anything Manguard related in Archer's voice, can I?

Kaizer88
Feb 16, 2011

Magil of Shadow posted:

I can't be the only one who hears anything Manguard related in Archer's voice, can I?

You like Mass effect and Archer?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6052R0PZJgI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYDN8n7EbG8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCJqWImWfN8

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
I haven't started a Vanguard playthrough of ME3 yet, but if you think Charge/Nova is that boring, is there any reason why you can't just de-emphasize Nova, re-direct most of the points elsewhere and play it more ME2 style?

teen phone cutie
Jun 18, 2012

last year i rewrote something awful from scratch because i hate myself
Alright, so what's the difference between total military strength and effective military strength? I think I have over 4000 effective military strength, so should I be able to get one of the best endings? Will having 100% galactic readiness make me get a better ending?

I know I could just Google it, but I've already spoiled myself before looking this kind of poo poo up because people don't know how to write requirements for the endings without giving the endings away in the same article.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
EMS is your TMS after it's been multiplied by your readiness percentage- if you're at 4000 EMS, you've more than enough to make sure you get optimal endings.

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

Or play Citadel. I've said it before, after a certain Important Plot Point it becomes Archer in Space.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

I'd add "is it a banshee? > Heavy melee :shepface:" to keep singleplayer interesting but that is pretty much perfect.

Sistergodiva
Jan 3, 2006

I'm like you,
I have no shame.

Thanks for the ME1 tips before.

I just started the second one now. Is there any order I have to do stuff to not miss missions? Anything I should know? I finished 2 before, but it was a long time.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Sistergodiva posted:

Thanks for the ME1 tips before.

I just started the second one now. Is there any order I have to do stuff to not miss missions? Anything I should know? I finished 2 before, but it was a long time.

No order, but there's a very specific point of no return. There's a mission that has the word 'IFF' in it's title. After that mission, you'll only get to do one more mission before you have to either finish the game, or start being penalized. So make sure you have everything in order before you go on that op.

Keep in mind, you can play after the ending and finish up any sidequests or DLC. The game takes your last save for the import, not your ending save like Mass Effect 1.

Sistergodiva
Jan 3, 2006

I'm like you,
I have no shame.

Dan Didio posted:

No order, but there's a very specific point of no return. There's a mission that has the word 'IFF' in it's title. After that mission, you'll only get to do one more mission before you have to either finish the game, or start being penalized. So make sure you have everything in order before you go on that op.

Keep in mind, you can play after the ending and finish up any sidequests or DLC. The game takes your last save for the import, not your ending save like Mass Effect 1.

Thanks! I accidentally skipped getting Vrex armor and doing Pinnacle Station, will that change stuff in 2?

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Sistergodiva posted:

Thanks! I accidentally skipped getting Vrex armor and doing Pinnacle Station, will that change stuff in 2?

Pinnacle station won't. I think Wrex's armor only affects your chances of him surviving Mass Effect 1 and maybe a single line of dialogue in 2.

Sistergodiva
Jan 3, 2006

I'm like you,
I have no shame.

Dan Didio posted:

Pinnacle station won't. I think Wrex's armor only affects your chances of him surviving Mass Effect 1 and maybe a single line of dialogue in 2.

Thanks.

I really love how streamlined 2 is. No backtracking whatsoever. When a mission is done, your're back at the ship again. Also the elevators take less than 5 minutes! :D

Is it just me though, or did they simplify the weapons and armors a bit too much in 2? I remember getting like 2 new weapons in my whole first playthrough.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I greatly prefer the weapon and armour system in 2. The weapons and armour in 1 performed exactly the same with only slight statistical variations as any other weapon in their respective categories and the only changes to functionality were similarly slight and solely brought about by mods. In 2, the choice between each weapon actually results in a distinct change in application, and thus tactics and build, which is a much, much more meaningful distinction in a real-time, action/RPG. Armour works off a similar philosophy, but not quite to the same extent

More weapons is always nice, but the actual choice between weapons is a lot more meaningful than in 1, so it's hard for me to think of it as dumbed down or compromised.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.

Dan Didio posted:

I greatly prefer the weapon and armour system in 2. The weapons and armour in 1 performed exactly the same with only slight statistical variations as any other weapon in their respective categories and the only changes to functionality were similarly slight and solely brought about by mods. In 2, the choice between each weapon actually results in a distinct change in application, and thus tactics and build, which is a much, much more meaningful distinction in a real-time, action/RPG. Armour works off a similar philosophy, but not quite to the same extent

More weapons is always nice, but the actual choice between weapons is a lot more meaningful than in 1, so it's hard for me to think of it as dumbed down or compromised.

Exactly. Mass Effect 1 has four weapons: assault rifle, pistol, shotgun and sniper rifle.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
The only real weapon was the sniper rifle with the explosive ammo and heavy rail, though.

Sistergodiva
Jan 3, 2006

I'm like you,
I have no shame.

Yeah I agree that it's much better. Just so strange to go from filling a 150 slot inventory of poo poo that adds a few numbers, to having very few guns total.

Burning Mustache
Sep 4, 2006

Zaeed got stories.
Kasumi got loot.
All I got was a hole in my suit.

Sistergodiva posted:

Yeah I agree that it's much better. Just so strange to go from filling a 150 slot inventory of poo poo that adds a few numbers, to having very few guns total.

On the other hand, you can look forward to ME3, which finally gets the inventory / gun selection stuff right.

It's got the basic ME2 approach where every gun is pretty distinct and unique, but there are tons of them compared to the rather slim selection in ME2 and you can buy better levels of these guns and apply mods as well.

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

reagan posted:

Well, at least there is one person on here who I can agree with. This Vanguard love flies over the top of my head every time.

I was always disappointed that you couldn't Charge the kid in your dreams, it would make those sequences go a lot faster.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Thoughts?

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Sever.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

...You want me to cut off my arm?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Spikeguy posted:

Yes. It's a lost cause.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Mario was never a Spectre. That tattoo is not canon.

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

Dan Didio posted:

Mario was never a Spectre. That tattoo is not canon.

I'm now imagining Mario tooling around in the Normandy with Peach, Luigi, Yoshi (as Grunt / Wrex), and other assorted characters from that universe. It's glorious.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC

Spikeguy posted:

It's clearly been indoctrinated.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

But I need it! For opening things ya know?

GFBeach
Jul 6, 2005

Surrounded by wierdos

Chasiubao posted:

I'm now imagining Mario tooling around in the Normandy with Peach, Luigi, Yoshi (as Grunt / Wrex), and other assorted characters from that universe. It's glorious.

Actually, I think Bowser would make more sense as a Krogan. Not sure where that leaves Yoshi, though... maybe Drell? Hanar? ...Elcor? :shrug:

VV EDIT: OK, works for me. :v:

GFBeach fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Jul 16, 2013

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

GFBeach posted:

Actually, I think Bowser would make more sense as a Krogan. Not sure where that leaves Yoshi, though... maybe Drell? Hanar? ...Elcor? :shrug:

Yoshi's a stone cold egg sniper who'll go so far as to eat his opponents when he has to. He's obviously a Drell-trained krogan.

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

GFBeach posted:

VV EDIT: OK, works for me. :v:

Bowser as Harbinger, duh :colbert:

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Spikeguy posted:

Thoughts?

Looks like an A-cup, but you'll have to get properly measured.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice
"Gee, I haven't been to the ME thread in a while, I should pop in to see--"

:stare:

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Hmm a fat joke. On the internet. How deliciously original.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Spikeguy posted:

Hmm a fat joke.

Yeah, but enough about the rest of the picture, let's focus on the tattoo.

Shirkelton fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Jul 16, 2013

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
Your mario is extremely faded out and in need of a touchup. Additionally your tattoo man didn't finish all the color in the center of your enormous nerdy game tattoo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Spikeguy posted:

Hmm a fat joke. On the internet. How deliciously original.

heavy poo poo

• Locked thread