Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

-Atom- posted:

I could honestly listen to people making GBS threads on Gary for 8 hours a day.

The show used to be a glorious thing. Somebody would mention Baba Booey for who-knows-what reason and Howard would immediately go on the warpath, demanding the monkey be brought into the studio for a fresh round of abuse. It was like Howard was continually angry at him, and it just needed a mention for it to come to the surface. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski

picosecond posted:

Holy crap, according to that clip he was planning on coming to New York! I hope he does one day, I gotta him in person.

"I gotta him in person"

I hope that the missing words between 'gotta' and 'him' are "tie balloons to his wheelchair over and over again and see how much it annoys"

Paul Kersey
Oct 28, 2004

Artie is engaged:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoX2BYS2NbQ

mrfreeze
Apr 3, 2009

Jon Arbuckle: Master of pleasuring women

Oh Jesus Christ, so they break up a month ago, get back together 2 weeks ago, and now they are engaged? Yeah I give it until the end of the year before this all crashes and burns horribly. If that long.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
They better get married quickly so she can get some money out of his inevitable death in a few months.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Ed Torian's inability to repeat a question that was literally just read to him never ceases to baffle/amuse me.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

I wonder what Howard's excuse will be for not going to the wedding?

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Joe Don Baker posted:

They better get married quickly so she can get some money out of his inevitable death in a few months.

Artie will never die, but the divorce will be epic. "I didn't sign a pre-nup because I loved you, and now you're robbin' my money YOU WHORE!"

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
So who's stupider:

Jackie for voluntarily leaving the show while making $250k because he wanted to 'Punch up scripts'
or Artie, for voluntarily leaving the show while making $850k because getting up was too hard on his taking heroin schedule?

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Ether Frenzy posted:

So who's stupider:

Jackie for voluntarily leaving the show while making $250k because he wanted to 'Punch up scripts'
or Artie, for voluntarily leaving the show while making $850k because getting up was too hard on his taking heroin schedule?

I'm not 100% but I don't think Artie left "voluntarily".

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

Did Jackie really only make 250k? I was under the impression that he made a lot more?

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

Sand Monster posted:

I'm not 100% but I don't think Artie left "voluntarily".

Did he get fired? Because if not, he left voluntarily

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004

EngineerJoe posted:

Did Jackie really only make 250k? I was under the impression that he made a lot more?

I swear Howard said it was over $1M.

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

Does anyone remember this specific clip of Howard talking about his parents (Artie was still there):

I specifically remember him going through his father and mother's stories growing up. Like, his father HAD ONE SHOE and his mother's father being so creepy.
Also, he mentioned how his mother does her ablutions!

I searched for an hour at least on YouTube and can't find it.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Ether Frenzy posted:

Did he get fired? Because if not, he left voluntarily

I don't think we know the full story. He claims it was mutual, but from what I've read, management sort of forced it. It may be similar to a "resign or be fired, your choice" deal.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Spacemonkey57 posted:

People I don't trust to be honest about money: Howard. :)

workingdogv1
Jul 10, 2001

:catdrugs:

haljordan posted:

Ed Torian's inability to repeat a question that was literally just read to him never ceases to baffle/amuse me.

Oh God now I have to dig through videos of Artie's Ed Torian. Never gets old.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJbtVBU4wa8

geera
May 20, 2003
Wow, I haven't heard Artie in a long time, he sounds terrible in that clip. He sounds like he chain smoked a tobacco field and then swallowed a barrel of gravel.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Spacemonkey57 posted:

Jackie has said himself it was around a million dollars and he left for something like 30-50k difference between what he wanted and what they were offering. Marlow has admitted since that he was a idiot.

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Please. There is nobody in history who made a dumber decision than Jackie. It is the end all be all of terrible decisions. Whenever you're having a bad day or a bad month, remember that at least you never quit the number 1 radio show on the planet because you wanted to sleep in during the week.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

kylej posted:

Please. There is nobody in history who made a dumber decision than Jackie. It is the end all be all of terrible decisions. Whenever you're having a bad day or a bad month, remember that at least you never quit the number 1 radio show on the planet because you wanted to sleep in during the week.

But he couldn't deprive his audience of his comedic genius at Unkle Funees Chukle Hutt. Be reasonable.

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
He was punching up scripts for the Filthy 3D Jokeman DVD.

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004

prefect posted:

People I don't trust to be honest about money: Howard. :)

I trust everything I read on Celebritynetworth.com.

I think Brian Dunkleman may have made a worse decision than Jackie, but that's about it.

Transmodiar
Jul 9, 2005

You're a terrible person, Mildred.

Shes Not Impressed posted:

Does anyone remember this specific clip of Howard talking about his parents (Artie was still there):

I specifically remember him going through his father and mother's stories growing up. Like, his father HAD ONE SHOE and his mother's father being so creepy.
Also, he mentioned how his mother does her ablutions!

I searched for an hour at least on YouTube and can't find it.

This it?

http://scriptcover.com/2007-05-08-growing-up-stern.mp3

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

Yes! Thank you so much!

Your father and I, we're on the same path. When you're married, you're one person.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
According to that novelrank site, Lisa G's sold 57 copies of her book so far.

Tank71
Jun 15, 2013

Ether Frenzy posted:

According to that novelrank site, Lisa G's sold 57 copies of her book so far.

Well Amazon has some 98 reviews. Almost exclusively bad; a two star rating overall. In fact the most helpful review is from Derek from Texas.

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski

Spacemonkey57 posted:

I trust everything I read on Celebritynetworth.com.

I think Brian Dunkleman may have made a worse decision than Jackie, but that's about it.

I thought that he didn't get re-signed to America...n I...dol because the network didn't see the point in having 2 hosts, so they basically flipped a coin and Seacrest won

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski
Or maybe his terrible decision was ruining the Eric the Midget Sh...ow by trying to make it listenable?

Because he totally ruined that bit by treating it like an audition :mad:

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
I'm listening to Geek Week and jesus christ, these little phony Steve Brandano interview timewasters in between segments are HARRIBLE.

I'd rather hear Rebel Rebel

mike_348
Apr 30, 2009
Is Howard serious with this 300 yard drive bullshit, his swing speed is like 40 mph. Benches 95 lbs, drives 300 yards...

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
I'm sure I could create a scenario where in theory it could happen if he hit enough balls(club, wind, drop, roll, etc) but stick him at the range on a calm day and he's hitting them 175 if he's lucky.

mike_348
Apr 30, 2009
Atleast it got Scott Depace mad as hell which is always funny

Tank71
Jun 15, 2013

mike_348 posted:

Is Howard serious with this 300 yard drive bullshit, his swing speed is like 40 mph. Benches 95 lbs, drives 300 yards...

Look at how much press he generated for himself by making this claim. Google "howard 300 yards".

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
The thing the video really points out to me is: Expensive sticks make anyone able to hit the ball relatively well, because the sweet spot is 16" wide.

He accidentally got lucky and hit the ball squarely, and his $900 driver made him look good. And then, because Howard is insane and surrounded by sycophants, that 200 yard two-bouncer on a par-3 suddenly became 300 yards.

All that being said, anything that pisses off DePace is worth every moment.

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.

Ether Frenzy posted:

All that being said, anything that pisses off DePace is worth every moment.

Why am I not surprised that DePace supports the Zimmerman verdict?

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
Wednesday's show was kind of... brilliant?

Richard and Sal reminiscent about phony phone calls with Howard, JD had an extended segment where we dug even deeper to how damaged he is, and the cerebral palsy comedian called in which was fantastic.

Really good show that I found myself laughing at quite a bit. And that hasn't happened with that kind of consistency since Artie was in studio.

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

The Zimmerman verdict appears to be the right call given the asinine law. Does he also support the Stand Your Ground law?

Streebs
Dec 6, 2003

RIP

EngineerJoe posted:

The Zimmerman verdict appears to be the right call given the asinine law. Does he also support the Stand Your Ground law?

Depace will support any Republican platform. Basically whatever Rush Limbaugh says is what Depace will say.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Listening online and just heard an ad for Abe Kanan, who the gently caress is this guy and why is he on Howard's channels? I know he's been there for a while, but how did he get there?

Also, holy poo poo ads. There are so many ads on the best of the week replays. I'm glad I don't pay for this anymore, I'd be pissed.