Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dj_de
Jul 24, 2003

Huhhhhh?
Has anything been said about when costume or the jap voice DLC for 8 is going to be available?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beanzor
Feb 4, 2005

We dropped turkeys out of planes just to fill up the sky.

And we know damn well that they can't fly.
gently caress, I bought the 360 version without reading the thread first. Of course the first mission I load up was the Yellow Turban Rebellion with Shu, and head straight into the fire cave. Gamestop's not going to let me swap this, are they? :/

Edit: Nope. Looks like I'm starting an SA-Mart thread.

Beanzor fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Jul 17, 2013

Onion Rings
Sep 20, 2001
drat game takes like 30 minutes to install on PS3. On the upside this has granted me time to go find my XXXL size Shu shirt I got for preordering DW4 or so. Sadly it only came in that size but I still wear it on release days. Gotta represent Guan Yu.

jymbojones
Jul 4, 2010
Goddamnit. I only own a 360 and this would have been the first game I've bought for it since like Feb of 2012. I'm sad now. :(

Onion Rings
Sep 20, 2001
Holy mother of god when you musuo in rage mode or whatever is just insane. This game owns big time.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

And heeeeeeeeere come the HD remasters! According to Famitsu leaks, Sengoku Musou 2 Moushouden with Empires HD Version is coming to PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita on October 24th.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Onion Rings posted:

Holy mother of god when you musuo in rage mode or whatever is just insane. This game owns big time.
In 100+ hours of playing I have yet to run into any enemy or group of enemies that it can't oneshot, if controlled properly. If that bar's full, you have a win button at your disposal.

hint: change the map to short range mode and just watch it and not the chaos on screen to make sure you are hitting the bosses.

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Uh, weird. I checked PSN for DW8 like an hour ago and it was there, with the price listed and everything. Now I go back and it's "disc only" with no way to buy it and the price is gone? Did I miss it? :qq:

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

tooooooo bad posted:

Uh, weird. I checked PSN for DW8 like an hour ago and it was there, with the price listed and everything. Now I go back and it's "disc only" with no way to buy it and the price is gone? Did I miss it? :qq:

Still available on the web store

Molestationary Store
May 21, 2007

360 ver is bad in places but I've not experienced any constant slowdown in the Wei campaign so far. They'll patch it eventually anyway.

Superuser008
Feb 7, 2011

tooooooo bad posted:

Oddly, when I searched for it in the PSN store, there were two listings for the game, one downloadable, one disc.

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Superuser008 posted:

Oddly, when I searched for it in the PSN store, there were two listings for the game, one downloadable, one disc.

Huh. Well thanks to Policenaut I bought it anyway and now let's say 24 hours from now I might be able to play it. :tootzzz:

ScottyBomb
Oct 24, 2005

Cthulhu loves me, this I know, for ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!!

tooooooo bad posted:

Huh. Well thanks to Policenaut I bought it anyway and now let's say 24 hours from now I might be able to play it. :tootzzz:

I got tired of waiting for the Playstation Store to update, so I just went to EB Games and bought it. The girl who sold it to me threw in the pre-order bonus costumes because I was there early and she had extras. So... bonus?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

IT FINALLY HAPPENED. ATELIER IS JOINING DYNASTY WARRIORS.

Greetings to our newest warrior, Sterkenburg Cranach, debuting in Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate!

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Policenaut posted:

IT FINALLY HAPPENED. ATELIER IS JOINING DYNASTY WARRIORS.

Greetings to our newest warrior, Sterkenburg Cranach, debuting in Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate!

Wait whaaaaaa? That is... An odd match-up.

Oh well, at least that guy looks pretty badass. I should really get around to the Atelier series one of these days.

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

As far as I can see (from a wiki skim), this Stankberg Craniarch dude is some generic anime knight with a sword. Someone with more knowledge should probably tell us what sets this guy apart.

Chortles
Dec 29, 2008

ScottyBomb posted:

I got tired of waiting for the Playstation Store to update, so I just went to EB Games and bought it. The girl who sold it to me threw in the pre-order bonus costumes because I was there early and she had extras. So... bonus?
If it's anything like GameStop and preorder bonuses, expect the outfits to be future paid DLC (though at least if these are the only costumes from whatever such pack would eventually be that you would actually want, then yes it's a nice pre-order bonus).

ScottyBomb
Oct 24, 2005

Cthulhu loves me, this I know, for ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!!

Chortles posted:

If it's anything like GameStop and preorder bonuses, expect the outfits to be future paid DLC (though at least if these are the only costumes from whatever such pack would eventually be that you would actually want, then yes it's a nice pre-order bonus).

Yeah, it wasn't anything special. Costumes for Lu Xun, Guan Yu, Sun Shang Xiang and Zhao Yun - all from previous games (a mix of old Dynasty Warriors titles and ROTK titles.) None of those crazy modern costumes, sadly.

Onion Rings
Sep 20, 2001
Mega pro tip hold down horse call and you auto mount. Best feature in the game.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Onion Rings posted:

Mega pro top hold down horse call and you auto mount.best feature in the game.
Totally. Never use any other kind of horse mounting, ever. Even if your horse is five feet away, use that.

Onion Rings
Sep 20, 2001

Samurai Sanders posted:

Totally. Never use any other kind of horse mounting, ever. Even if your horse is five feet away, use that.

Care to explain heaven earth man weapons?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Onion Rings posted:

Care to explain heaven earth man weapons?
It's a simple paper rock scissors game, if you see a ! over the enemy's head you are at a disadvantage, but if you see that crystal thing you are at an advantage, if you see nothing it means you are using the same type of weapon. Other than that which one you are using has no influence on the weapon's performance.

edit: always keep two different types of weapons on you, that way you are at an advantage against 2/3 of the enemy generals and a disadvantage against none.

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Play the tutorial. :ssh:

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Samurai Sanders posted:

It's a simple paper rock scissors game, if you see a ! over the enemy's head you are at a disadvantage, but if you see that crystal thing you are at an advantage, if you see nothing it means you are using the same type of weapon. Other than that which one you are using has no influence on the weapon's performance.

edit: always keep two different types of weapons on you, that way you are at an advantage against 2/3 of the enemy generals and a disadvantage against none.

Basically (as far as I've found in my like one hour of playing) you want to have two different weapon types to use against their respective weaknesses, and for the third type, you switch to your weapon that's WEAK to it, so that you can do the special switch counter thing. Otherwise enemies tend to be kinda spongy, even on normal.

I'm doing Shu first (always start with your least favorite is my way of doing things) and I'm seriously hoping someone does a BENEVOLENCE counter for 8 as well.

Chortles
Dec 29, 2008
Whoops: looks like whoever did the localization for a particular Wei stage (one of the what-if's?) mistook Cai Wenji for Zhenji (it's Cai Wenji in the Japanese, and in any case Lady Zhenji is redundant, it's just Lady Zhen).

Onion Rings
Sep 20, 2001
DW8 has so many improvements over previous games it isn't even funny this is by far the best musou game ever. Absolutely loving everything about it. I feel like they took the Borderlands 2 approach to everything and just said gently caress it make everything overpowered. I'd say 1/2 to 3/4 the movesets I've seen so far have been good as opposed to around 10% I actually enjoyed in previous games. Everything just feels strong as hell and it's pretty amusing. Great game so far, already beat Shu and 1/2 way through Wu.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
The game finally feels like a true sequel with the addition of extra types of powerful moves, a reason to actually use weapon switching with the affinity triangle and just the complete upgraded movesets of so many characters. I bought this just because I buy pretty much every DW game but goddamn, I am extremely surprised and satisfied with it so far.

Atomic Robo-Kid
Aug 18, 2008

.Blast.Processing.

I'm impressed with how colorful stages are. The beginning of Wei stage 1 wowed me. It looked very colorful with blue carpets and better lighting. (Its impressive for a Dynasty game.)

I'm currently going through Shu so I can get my Pang Tong on.

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

I am in love with the General's Sword, sending shadows out to do your work for you is just too awesome, especially when it sets you up for a Storm Rush. This game has done a good job at making me feel like more of a meat grinder than usual.

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

Have they added any sort of lobby interface to the online portion? In Warriors Orochi 3 I remember it just kicking me back to the main menu a lot of times after doing some co-op and it was pretty frustrating having to go through setting things up every time.

Orb Crabmelt
Jan 16, 2011

Nyorp.
Clapping Larry

dj_de posted:

Has anything been said about when costume or the jap voice DLC for 8 is going to be available?

I don't own the game yet, so I don't have any concrete answers, but I thought the game was supposed to come with both English and Japanese voice overs? It would be good to know; I'm one of those spoilsports who can't stand playing with the English dubbing.

Silvergun1000
Sep 17, 2007

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
My favorite thing so far is the ability some characters have (only seen it on Dian Wei and Xu Huang so far) to basically give themselves a short term attack powerup via their combos. It was great with Dian Wei, I was doing his triangle - triangle combo, getting the powerup, then one-shotting enemy officers with his musou.

On that note, it feels like enemy officers and even grunts are a lot tougher across the board. The officers especially seem to like using musou attacks much more frequently. This is the first DW game where I've actually had to block regularly (also, locking onto the target when you block is great, is that new?).

Chortles
Dec 29, 2008

GANDHITRON posted:

I don't own the game yet, so I don't have any concrete answers, but I thought the game was supposed to come with both English and Japanese voice overs? It would be good to know; I'm one of those spoilsports who can't stand playing with the English dubbing.
Now now, 7 had by far the best English dub yet in terms of "getting pronunciation right"... except for any time anyone would try to pronounce zhong (Zhong Hui, Huang Zhong, Hanzhong, etc.).

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

The third fracture I would do away with...I can't, sorry.

F R A C T U R E
I'm going to edit the OP to warn about the 360 version. We've had 2 bad reports and 1 "it's not so bad" report so it's probably legit. I'll work on doing a write up for 8 to replace 7 sometime (read: probably never).

So far I've been trying out characters who are new or have new weapons and wasn't really all that impressed about most of them until I tried out Xiahou Yuan. C2 all day every day.

Distant Chicken
Aug 15, 2007
Should there be narration between the story stages? It's so weird to sit there as subtitles go by that I'm wondering if I hit some kind of bug. :confused:

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

OatmealRaisin posted:

Should there be narration between the story stages? It's so weird to sit there as subtitles go by that I'm wondering if I hit some kind of bug. :confused:
You mean a voice over? Yeah, there's one in the Japanese version anyway...

edit: vvv they split the difference in the best possible way: Xiahou Yuan has a bow that shoot maces. I am not even kidding.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Jul 17, 2013

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

Belzac posted:

So far I've been trying out characters who are new or have new weapons and wasn't really all that impressed about most of them until I tried out Xiahou Yuan. C2 all day every day.

I kind of miss the old bow and arrow, is that still in this game and I just haven't used it yet?

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

The third fracture I would do away with...I can't, sorry.

F R A C T U R E

Dj Meow Mix posted:

I kind of miss the old bow and arrow, is that still in this game and I just haven't used it yet?

Yes, Huang Zhong has it.

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

Belzac posted:

Yes, Huang Zhong has it.

Good, I have more to look forward to when I get to Shu then, thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dj_de
Jul 24, 2003

Huhhhhh?

GANDHITRON posted:

Apparently the game was ONLY going to have japanese voices and apparently the reason it got delayed was people complained about it so they made english voices. And yes they originally said the PS3 version would have both on disc, but because they 360 disc can't fit both they ended up removing the japanese voices and are going to release them as free DLC again at some point