Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lisonfire
Nov 8, 2009

Razage posted:

Ugh, we already have a sneaky traitor mode called spy mode (and changeling? Actually). Just make it come up in the rotation more and problem solved?

I generally don't try to do my objectives when I am traitor. I usually order the syndie crate and go with what it gives me. I think a no item traitor round will probably be pretty boring especially for newbie traitors. Maybe a special mode where they get stealth only items and a larger budget to make up for it?

Spy isn't sneaky traitor mode, its rev 2.0 (ie, the opposite of sneaky traitoring).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

I've been playing sec more than normal recently on a lark, and one thing I've noticed is stuff scarcity. We have only 5 lockers, limiting us to only 5 sec officers. And that's presuming some greyshirt/HoP/Captain doesn't bust in and steal a taser gun. Secondly, you don't really have anything to do in the brig, besides constantly try to break out/outsmart sec/scream on the radio. Thirdly a sec officer basically has to keep an eye on you constantly. Therefore, here's an idea building off of the sec shuttle earlier. Sec starts with ~5 special "prisoner implants". These can be programmed from a SecMate console for time in prison, and maybe a remote stun. Once someone gets implanted a PDA alarm goes off if they leave the brig. The brig should be expanded, or maybe replaced by the prison station so it actually gets used. Prisoners can either wait out their sentence (which should be longer than what it is now) or they can work off their time with prison labor. They would have some shop equipment that make tools (or weapons), some Discount Dan brand FoodMakers that make vending machine stuff, maybe one machine that makes prisoner implants. All of these require metal/glass/wire/dough/whatever. Give the prisoners some way to ship stuff to/from QM (allowing hilarious escape attempts with hobo surgery) so that QM has a source of income that isn't space adventure/kleptomania. Once their time/debt is paid off their implants start beeping, and they are allowed access to a teleporter back to the arrivals shuttle. Have some 1-way windows and a little Sec. colony (if brig is removed) and a warden that watches prisoners.

God that is a lot of words about a spaceman game.

Alternate, "hilarious" alternate: bicycle engines that prisoners need to power shop equipment/the station. Would work better if QM could sell excess power.

T-man fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Jul 17, 2013

Razage
Nov 12, 2007

I'm sorry,
I can't hear you over the sound of how HIP I am.

Lisonfire posted:

Spy isn't sneaky traitor mode, its rev 2.0 (ie, the opposite of sneaky traitoring).

Okay, point taken. For some reason I always thought it would be but I guess it does put 12 traitors in the game.

I like the sec ticketpad idea, and the prison station/labor camp idea because then atleast someone still has something to do while in jail. Make it mining without a jetpack maybe?

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

Pelican Dunderhead posted:

I have hardly (probably not ever) played in a spy round where I was not murdered by one of the spy groups, seeing as their objective is to be the last man standing, and the easiest way to do that is toolbox every person that walks past.

I've been in one spy round where the winning spy had found two of the three others, turned them and taken their injectors. Near the end he gathered everyone in the chapel and killed the rival spys along with the few who opposed his new world order. The purge worked in no small part thanks to the first spy who got stoned to death exploding and taking out another unwanted dude in the blast. It was nearly a peaceful evacuation with civilians, spys and followers too. Not exactly the most fun round, but it was cool to see it almost work.

Attack on Princess fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Jul 17, 2013

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
How about giving Security something akin to the tracking implants rather than a port-a-brig? Track down the criminal in question, whack them with a stun baton, implant them with a tracker and then call in that Pubbie McCriminal is now in the system. One command from one of the security consoles, they gets teleported directly into the brig and auto-stunned on arrival so nearby sec guys can strip the offender of gear without an immediate robust prison escape. And if they starts causing trouble again after they're let out? The implant's still in them, so just push the teleport button again! It does have the possibility of grief from trying to implant everyone, but if you give each officer a 2-dose implanter (or single-dose implanter and have a few more in the vending machines) it'd severely limit how many they could jab without probable cause.

Also, could we get some security shutters for the Genetics windows like the ones in Chemistry? It'd cut down on the number of rounds where the place gets blown up from space in the first five minutes by traitors who know there's no way to stop it happening.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
As much as I like "kill your targets and don't kill anyone else," there's two big problems with it:
  • The game doesn't track who killed, only who died. So you'd fail unless it was "did you do anything untoward to them?" and there's so many ways to do that you'd probably fail if you accidentally hit somebody with a thrown object and they wandered out an airlock.
  • Sometimes you have no choice and a witness must be silenced. Unfortunate, but nothing you can do about it. It'd be a bit unfair to penalize a traitor for something that's basically out of their control and especially unfair to penalize them for taking the logical step to deal with that problem.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

frodnonnag posted:

It's more that sec doesn't have a tool that can be used on the pedantic poo poo. For example I want to walk into the medbay entry way, see the corpses, blood and limbs everywhere, and instead of robusting a traitor, I want to fine a doctor 25 spacebux for unsanitary conditions. I want to ticket someone for crashing into someone else with a scooter. Or slap a trespassing fine on a greyshit who broke into engineering. Or fine botany for growing weed. I want to be able to sit at the station camera computer and fine people for swearing "George melons, you have been fined 5 credits for violating the station's clean speech laws, have a nice day!'

Something that can basically be used for little stuff that doesn't require batoning cuffing and dragging some shitbeard to the brig, exposing us to disarm, farts, and arming the crew, but still let's us do our job in some form, while offering hilarious alternatives.

I want to fine someone when I crash into them on my segway. Obstructing an officer of the law! :cop:

Really I just spend my Sec rounds tooling around the station on a segway yelling "CRIME!" whenever anything happens around me. The scientists were not amused when I followed Beepsky into their area doing this.

Dr. Cogwerks
Oct 28, 2006

all I need is a grant and Project :roboluv: is go
I'd rather just have a gentleman's/gentlelady's agreement for old-time players to maybe lay off the usual rampages a bit. There's a handful of people who always decide to just ignore their objectives and start murdering everyone in sight, and although this is okay to do sometimes, it'd getting kinda run into the ground. It's not fun for other players to get a traitor round, start thinking up a plan and OH BOY NOW THEY'RE DEAD AT THREE MINUTES IN BECAUSE CRATE BOXINGTON IS SLAUGHTERING EVERYONE IN SIGHT FOR THE THIRTIETH TIME THIS WEEK you fucker

If you're an old robust player, good work, everyone knows you can kill the entire station by now, maybe you could try doing more devious taunting crimes instead of just turning the station into a bloodbath constantly? Just a thought. You're still totally welcome to ignore your objectives, but I think it can be a hell of a lot more fun to just commit lots of weird little crimes and toy with the detective and security instead of killing everyone in the first twenty minutes of the round. Rampages are kinda better suited for late in the round I think. It's more of a challenge to act villainous as heck and taunt the authorities instead of just killing them immediately and having free reign of the station for the next half hour.

Dr. Cogwerks fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Jul 17, 2013

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.
Yeah, far be it from me to deny anyone their fun, but in the rounds I've played over the last three days at least 5 veteran players have just decided to gently caress off and murder the entire station. Only two were stopped by the original crew.

That being said, I don't want to lose "CLOWN SQUAD ALPHA" either, I just wish it didn't have to occur so frequently. :v:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Dr. Cogwerks posted:

I'd rather just have a gentleman's/gentlelady's agreement for old-time players to maybe lay off the usual rampages a bit. There's a handful of people who always decide to just ignore their objectives and start murdering everyone in sight, and although this is okay to do sometimes, it'd getting kinda run into the ground. It's not fun for other players to get a traitor round, start thinking up a plan and OH BOY NOW THEY'RE DEAD AT THREE MINUTES IN BECAUSE CRATE BOXINGTON IS SLAUGHTERING EVERYONE IN SIGHT FOR THE THIRTIETH TIME THIS WEEK you fucker

If you're an old robust player, good work, everyone knows you can kill the entire station by now, maybe you could try doing more devious taunting crimes instead of just turning the station into a bloodbath constantly? Just a thought. You're still totally welcome to ignore your objectives, but I think it can be a hell of a lot more fun to just commit lots of weird little crimes and toy with the detective and security instead of killing everyone in the first twenty minutes of the round. Rampages are kinda better suited for late in the round I think. It's more of a challenge to act villainous as heck and taunt the authorities instead of just killing them immediately and having free reign of the station for the next half hour.

If you spot one/some of the more robust players getting a traitor assignment, perhaps try giving them, and them alone, one of your "Hard" objectives to see if it gets them doing something more creative?

Dr. Cogwerks
Oct 28, 2006

That's not really how things work, unless I put an override into traitor selection code to make mentors/hos players more likely to get tough interesting objectives. Might be fun though.

Razage
Nov 12, 2007

I'm sorry,
I can't hear you over the sound of how HIP I am.
Well for my part I'll lay off rampaging for a while and do something different but I dunno that it'll be any better.

In other news, I got space-rich as a miner and then flew away on the shuttle and got murdered by horrible fireballs. That's the highest score I've seen so far though.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Every time I try to connect to either of the LLJK servers, it tells me "Connection died" and pops up with a blank white screen where SS13 should be. Any advice?

Dr. Cogwerks
Oct 28, 2006

MEDS CURE SCHIZOS posted:

Every time I try to connect to either of the LLJK servers, it tells me "Connection died" and pops up with a blank white screen where SS13 should be. Any advice?

Are you trying to connect without being logged into the Byond pager?

Maarak
May 23, 2007

"Go for it!"

Dr. Cogwerks posted:

It's more of a challenge to act villainous as heck and taunt the authorities instead of just killing them immediately and having free reign of the station for the next half hour.

The Joker never actually murders Batman.

PopeCrunch
Feb 13, 2004

internets

kalstrams posted:

Do you guys use a Mumble or something along those lines, that could be used to walk a newbie (me) through a round or two, to get the general idea on how the things are done in this game, or should I invest my time into reading the wiki/guides/something ?

Hey I would actually be down for this - I can just turn admin messages off and observe you so I don't get fed info on other players, and run you through some basics via skype or whatever. My skype is popecrunch, I'm usually available for this from noon-8pm EST (i live in alaska) with little warning, or we can set something up and I can make time for it.

Turning off admin messages would ensure that I don't see other stuff that folks might worry I'd pass along. I wouldn't anyway, but I want to avoid even the appearance of shittiness.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.
Also be sure to tell me when you're playing and what name you'll be using, so I can slip you with a banana peel and fart on you.

Hell, I'll throw in Popecrunch too, for free! :v:

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Dr. Cogwerks posted:

Are you trying to connect without being logged into the Byond pager?

Oh hey, I found the problem. :downsbravo:

PopeCrunch
Feb 13, 2004

internets

Also regarding sec - it can be fun if you're at all creative with it. I spent a few rounds here and there seated at the publically-accessible desk in the Sec annex, and announced that I would be happy to collect fines for crimes people planned in the future. I always, always, always wound up richer than Croesus, and the parade of people paying for elaborately planned future crime (I made them tell me what they were paying for) was always hilarious. Hell, even the few that said they were paying for assaulting a security officer then immediately pitched a flashbang in my face were kind of funny.

As with any role on the station, you get out what you put in. What's more entertaining as a scientist hanging out in Chemistry - making yet another horrible explosion of black powder or FOOF or whatever, or making and selling drugs (that are almost assuredly contaminated with anything from polonium to VHFCS)?

Sidebar: I will never, ever, ever yell at a chemist for selling things that are clearly marked or advertised as illegal drugs that are laced with something horrid. Caveat emptor :devil:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

PopeCrunch posted:

Sidebar: I will never, ever, ever yell at a chemist for selling things that are clearly marked or advertised as illegal drugs that are laced with something horrid. Caveat emptor :devil:

I still sometimes give away shot glasses filled with an insidious blend of various drugs and suicider as a chemist/RD at the bar, along with a very clear warning as to what they're drinking. People even knock me down to get ahold of the entire bottle after receiving their shot, despite my warning that more than one shot causes brain damage :allears:.

BlueDestiny
Jun 18, 2011

Mega deal with it

I'm a fan of the old Pro-Puff cocktail. One time I was mixing one up as a bored detective when a sec guard comes by for a sip despite severe warnings. It knocked him into crit instantly.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I was sleep deprived and wrote a thing. It's terrible. I'm sorry.

Now this is a story all about how
My life got shortened to an hour
I'll tell you before this place becomes a bomb scene
Just how I became the Captain of Space Station 13

In the hills of Europa born and raised
Mining for Nanotransen and I never got paid
Beaten by officers with their stun rods
Thinking about joining a Syndicate squad
When a great monolith sent a message most rude
Laid a claim on Europa and my neighbourhood!
It wasn't my fault but Nanotransen was mean
And said "you're going to be the Captain of Space Station 13"

I whistled for a cab and when it came near the
License plate said "henk", I saw a clown in the mirror
I have to say on getting in I wasn't keen
But I thought, nah forget it, to Space Station 13!

I landed in the hangar about seven or eight
And the cabbie henked and radio'd "captains a comdom"
Heard the screams and farts and such things most obscene
And I knew I was doomed to Space Station 13

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

Dr. Cogwerks posted:

That's not really how things work, unless I put an override into traitor selection code to make mentors/hos players more likely to get tough interesting objectives. Might be fun though.

I suppose you could have an algorithm that pulls the medal info from each traitor and assigns them a greater chance of getting hardmode traitor if they're above a certain number. That should theoretically only affect people who've been all over the station(s) over the years.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

Dr. Cogwerks posted:

Donnerberg posted:

I suppose you could have an algorithm that pulls the medal info from each traitor and assigns them a greater chance of getting hardmode traitor if they're above a certain number. That should theoretically only affect people who've been all over the station(s) over the years.
I was going to suggest a higher chance of hardmode (no items) for players who have completed their objectives multiple times in a period of time, then I remembered that rampage players don't complete their objectives anyway. :shobon:

Honestly, if your objective isn't "escape alone," mass murder should never be Plan A. The only thing that really out-robusts a veteran antagonist at that point is someone more robust than they, and if traitor items or powers are in the equation the deck is stacked in favor of the antagonist.

Ironically, the best way to counter this would be for extremely robust veterans to roll Security more often, as Security well-played has a lot of tools to shut down grief machines, and a veteran who knows the score could turn the other cheek to crafty players they catch out while ruthlessly flashbang-and-Beepskying cloaked Butcher Knife rampagers who are just being gigantic assholes. If Security were vastly more effective, but only against unsubtle traitors (subtle ones "mysteriously" turning them into the Keystone Kops), we might see more people keeping things on the down-low without some play2win guy ruining every single antagonist.

So I guess what I'm saying is if you're a pro and tired of rampages, turn off Antagonist rolls for a while and play as Security, but only to stop people who are just slicing people apart in the hallway. If you spot a guy on thermals quietly sabotaging something... maybe just look the other way.

The Grammar Aryan
Apr 22, 2008
So I think I'm going to pull the trigger and actually try to play this game after reading the wiki and following the thread. Is Janitor still a decent starting job? I figure it'll give me reason to wander the station and get used to interacting with things and hopefully I'll be left to my own devices.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

The Grammar Aryan posted:

So I think I'm going to pull the trigger and actually try to play this game after reading the wiki and following the thread. Is Janitor still a decent starting job? I figure it'll give me reason to wander the station and get used to interacting with things and hopefully I'll be left to my own devices.

Actually Captain's a pretty good starting job. You can wander around, and people generally expect nothing of you. If you can't get Captain, then Janitor or Chaplain (unless it's a round type with a Wizard antagonist or two) are pretty good for just loving around and exploring the place.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.
HoE or straight Engineering is the best starting job. People expect things of you but know it will never actually happen, so you are free to lay down lovely wire art and destroy walls and doors at your leisure!

You start out with special gloves that keep you from being shocked which allows you the chance to learn how door/machine hacking works and other more well known parts of the game.

buckets of buckets
Apr 8, 2012

CHECK OUT MY AWESOME POSTS
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=114&perpage=40#post447051278

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=91&perpage=40#post444280066

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3818944&pagenumber=196&perpage=40#post472627338

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3788178&pagenumber=405&perpage=40#post474195694

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3831643&pagenumber=5&perpage=40#post475694634
I see a lot of talk about master robusters, now I'm pretty new to SS13 but it seems to me that a heavy blow to the head is basically game over for anyone, regardless of how skilled or armoured you might be. Can someone spill the beans?

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

Bitter Mushroom posted:

I see a lot of talk about master robusters, now I'm pretty new to SS13 but it seems to me that a heavy blow to the head is basically game over for anyone, regardless of how skilled or armoured you might be. Can someone spill the beans?
The true art of robusting is evasion, not attacking. As you noted, a KO is a fight ender. The true mastery of combat comes not from clicking someone a bunch to hit them in the head, but from putting oneself in a position through movement and location that nobody else can click you a bunch of times in the head until you have a chance to click the other person in the head first.

There are ways to deal with players who employ these evasive strategies but it's a pain in the rear end. The #1 thing that will improve your lifespan in SS13 is to never stand next to anyone for any reason if you are both conscious and mobile. You can be in the same room in most cases, just don't be adjacent.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Rynoto posted:

HoE or straight Engineering is the best starting job. People expect things of you but know it will never actually happen, so you are free to lay down lovely wire art and destroy walls and doors at your leisure!

You start out with special gloves that keep you from being shocked which allows you the chance to learn how door/machine hacking works and other more well known parts of the game.

I'm a fan of Mechanic as a starting job if you're going for something that starts with insulated gloves. It's like being an engineer without the responsibility. Most someone might ask you is to scan and produce thermals and moon shoes.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging
Yeah, Mechanics are generally expected to be useless psychotic fuckabouts anyway; they spend almost every round just hoarding things, upgrading their little clubhouse, and telling everyone else to go away murdering anyone who tries to break in. Once you learn how to make stuff as a Mechanic you could probably learn a lot by going to various departments and offering to duplicate things for them. Alternatively, you have a full complement of tools and a pair of insulated gloves, so experiment - preferably somewhere out of the way - with hacking airlocks, building and breaking poo poo, operating and fixing APCs, and so on.

If all else fails, go to Botany and ask them to teach you stuff. Botany usually contains at least one really chill person, and while they may not care enough to help you just for the sake of it, they'll probably be willing to give you some pointers in exchange for some neat constructions or your insulated gloves or whatever.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
Even if Wizards show up, Chaplain boils down to 'show up where the radio says the wizards are, yell BOO.'

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

Possibility for a new toy: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vortex_ring_gun

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wGUYHcXnlc

Maybe a handheld bazooka version. Could make a really loud noise, knock people down and/or push them back within a few tiles, and optionally deliver a small cloud of chemical smoke at longer ranges. If given to Sec, the latter would be an opportunity for cooperation with scientists and maybe other jobs, and lack of stun could be less fun-ruining than current taser guns (though I don't necessarily think those should be removed).

NuminaXLT
Nov 11, 2002

sleeptalker posted:

Possibility for a new toy: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vortex_ring_gun

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wGUYHcXnlc

Maybe a handheld bazooka version. Could make a really loud noise, knock people down and/or push them back within a few tiles, and optionally deliver a small cloud of chemical smoke at longer ranges. If given to Sec, the latter would be an opportunity for cooperation with scientists and maybe other jobs, and lack of stun could be less fun-ruining than current taser guns (though I don't necessarily think those should be removed).

There is also the assistant version!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_vortex_cannon

Also known as an Airzooka! Maybe let it knock papers around or scare the cats... or change whoever is in front of it when firing to have raised hair for a few seconds/minutes.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

NuminaXLT posted:

There is also the assistant version!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_vortex_cannon

Also known as an Airzooka! Maybe let it knock papers around or scare the cats... or change whoever is in front of it when firing to have raised hair for a few seconds/minutes.
The Amplified Vuvuzela already exists.

Stoca Zola
Jun 28, 2008

I just wanted to say the lag fixes so far make an amazing difference. I joined right at the end of a round where everyone was dead and the 2 shambling abominations were picking off people as they joined. I tried to run, and actually felt like I had a chance to get away for a change! (I didn't get away).

Admiral Funk
Oct 1, 2012

Please send them a very large crate marked "SCIENCE. PROBABLY DANGEROUS. BUT VERY SCIENTIFIC. YES."
I think there are two primary problems with sec right now. One being the previously mentioned scrutiny from crew and admins (and in the case of the crew general hatred as well), and the other being that if things are quieter there isn't really anything to do other than wander the halls cuz people don't really seem to like interacting with security at all unless it's for griff.

This may not be a great idea, but what if security were a bit more like mercenaries? They could act as the stations standing security force until they were hired by a player or department. Perhaps their personal objectives could be changed based on who hired them or what they were hired for.

Primary Objective: Uphold the law, Secondary Objective: Defend Tom Pubbie.
-or-
Primary Objective: Uphold the law, Secondary Objective: Guard Medbay.
-or-
Primary Objective: Uphold the law, Secondary Objective: Brig Mr. Griffman
-or-
Primary Objective: Uphold the law, Secondary Objective: Deliver Todd O'kaythen to Mac "Mak" McMacson

I mean I know people could already do this sort of thing if they were enterprising and imaginative but having an official system in place for hiring security officers for specific missions might make it commonplace. That may or may not be a good thing but I've been thinking about the issues with security since it came up the other day and this is what I've come up with. I think it addresses most of the issues with security. It gives 'em something to do when they don't have any apparent traitors to hunt down, it encourages interaction with other players, and I think it might help with the general hate for security. Added bonus of this being another thing players can do with their money.

Admiral Funk fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Jul 17, 2013

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

Nakar posted:

The Amplified Vuvuzela already exists.

That doesn't launch smoke though (the assistant version should release smoke on the user too).

d3c0y2
Sep 29, 2009
Security can be pretty fun if a decent HoS is on. I keep security turned off usually, but if I notice Hank Hill is on i'll turn security to high priority because a decent Head of Security giving you orders and giving you some form of purpose can really make it a fun round.

I'm not sure if changing security is really needed, perhaps admins should just take a more active role in finding good potential Head of Security players - I know its an application only position but I'm not sure if people just apply or are invited to apply. Perhaps if its the latter there should be a real drive to recruit new HoS players because a good Head of Security can really help create a fun cohesive security team.

Some of my funnest rounds have been under good heads who give each security member a job, are constantly checking in on their security and making sure they get the assistance they require to actually achieve the job they where given.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinite Monkeys
Jul 18, 2010

If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention.

Admiral Funk posted:

This may not be a great idea, but what if security were a bit more like mercenaries? They could act as the stations standing security force until they were hired by a player or department. Perhaps their personal objectives could be changed based on who hired them or what they were hired for.
This actually sounds like it could be fun.

• Locked thread