Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Emerson Cod
Apr 14, 2004

by Pragmatica

Action Tortoise posted:

Remember in Operation P.R.O.M. how Al had a direct line to one of the Guild's agents? :tinfoil:

Hmm, maybe having one of the investors voiced by Dana Snyder was intentional.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
It's stated that he's been calling in the past because of "arch terminated by a third party". I think we're reading a bit too much into this one, I man Jonas Jnr. Also has a direct line.

Friends Are Evil
Oct 25, 2010

cats cats cats

Some of the names I found in the VA credits:

Steppenwolf
The Nerve
Sunsational
Monsenor

I'm guessing some of these are Council members? I just can't connect some of them. I think The Nerve is the brain in a robot suit and Monsenor is the priest at the funeral. Just have no idea who Steppenwolf or Sunsational could be. Any guesses?

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!

Friends Are Evil posted:

Some of the names I found in the VA credits:

Steppenwolf
The Nerve
Sunsational
Monsenor

I'm guessing some of these are Council members? I just can't connect some of them. I think The Nerve is the brain in a robot suit and Monsenor is the priest at the funeral. Just have no idea who Steppenwolf or Sunsational could be. Any guesses?

I believe they said Steppenwolf was the Werewolf guy who was driving the car during the "Wacky Races" bit.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
Steppenwolf is the council member driving the deathmobile to the club and Sunsational was the only member of the solar system themed supervillians in the club to have a line.

Murphys Stache
Oct 5, 2007

There goes my nipples again!
Monsenor was the priest in the luchador mask from the first scene.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
What's the joke when the council members meet each other in the corridor after they decide to have a party? During the council meeting one of them is like "we can't carpool because we're too spread out", then they step out of their booth things and one of the heads of the two-headed dude says "So much for your precious anonymity", and Dr Z says "Well at least I tried" (referring to his fake moustache). But I don't get the joke. Did they not know they were in the same building up until that moment?

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
edit: Pretty much what the goon below is saying.

RedMantle thinks Soverign's old rules are just dumb.

Shindragon fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Jul 17, 2013

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
I thought the gag was that they played along with The Soverign's demands for them to not meet up because it would compromise their anonymity until he 'left', at which point they went right back to planning their night out. Then, it sounds like they're all still in different places because they're trying to figure out a carpool plan, before they leave their rooms and just all file out into one hallway, with "So much for your precious anonymity!" being a shot at The Sovereign's insistence on anonymity when they all already know each other and are in the exact same place.

Intrepid00
Nov 10, 2003

I'm tired of the PM’s asking if I actually poisoned kittens, instead look at these boobies.

Action Tortoise posted:

Remember in Operation P.R.O.M. how Al had a direct line to one of the Guild's agents? :tinfoil:

He called at best middle management and they had a guild provided arch which these two clearly are in charge of managing. Jonas Jr. also had their number for the same reason it appears when the Monarch started to arch him.

Intrepid00
Nov 10, 2003

I'm tired of the PM’s asking if I actually poisoned kittens, instead look at these boobies.

Hedrigall posted:

What's the joke when the council members meet each other in the corridor after they decide to have a party? During the council meeting one of them is like "we can't carpool because we're too spread out", then they step out of their booth things and one of the heads of the two-headed dude says "So much for your precious anonymity", and Dr Z says "Well at least I tried" (referring to his fake moustache). But I don't get the joke. Did they not know they were in the same building up until that moment?

Pretty sure they didn't know cause they thought the one guy really was on the moon till they saw him in the hallway. Which is weird since Vendetta wandered into the wrong both trying to help. I think that is the whole joke. They have this rule not to know who they are but most people put more effort into protecting a 4 digit pin to their garage door than the guild does to protect the council.

Intrepid00 fucked around with this message at 04:44 on Jul 17, 2013

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010
This season has been fantastic, but the moment that made me laugh the most was Dermott's saying "Douche" over the Titmouse logo in Mamma's Boys.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

Intrepid00 posted:

Pretty sure they didn't know cause they thought the one guy really was on the moon till they saw him in the hallway. Which is weird since Vendetta wandered into the wrong both trying to help. I think that is the whole joke. They have this rule not to know who they are but most people put more effort into protecting a 4 digit pin to their garage door than the guild does to protect the council.

In the episode where Dragoon and Red Mantle got stitched together, they earnestly say that they can't help because they don't even know where the other ones are. It does make it clear that those two are in the same place, but they seem to actually not know.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

I think they *can* report from their hideouts (like Phantom Limb used to do), but in this case the Moon guy didn't think they actually showed up.

Intrepid00
Nov 10, 2003

old dog child posted:

I think they *can* report from their hideouts (like Phantom Limb used to do), but in this case the Moon guy didn't think they actually showed up.

Phantom limb wasn't on the council and clearly they all thought they each reported to their own special areas where the would never see each other (why moon guy thought he was safe to lie). Somehow though in 15 years plus they never bumped into each other ever till just now even though clearly they are all next to each other everyday.

Hence why this is funny as hell.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Yeah, Vendata, I think, was the one that said "are we even in the same building" when they were trying to figure out what was happening during the REVENGE! attack.

But then the whole Council was together at the party where the Monarch tapped his future wife, so they clearly do not follow the rules!

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Oh god only on the 3rd watch that I realized that Don Hell is supposed to be Don Heck, one of the classic Marvel artists. I caught it was a BoS bunker right off the bat though.

Its pretty obvious that Bock is banging Amber Gold though.

This episode is probably one of my favorite episodes of this series ever. But I love any OSI/GCI action.

Intrepid00
Nov 10, 2003

twistedmentat posted:

Oh god only on the 3rd watch that I realized that Don Hell is supposed to be Don Heck, one of the classic Marvel artists. I caught it was a BoS bunker right off the bat though.

Its pretty obvious that Bock is banging Amber Gold though.

This episode is probably one of my favorite episodes of this series ever. But I love any OSI/GCI action.

I bet it is Snoopy.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

The council didn't seem all that clear on where they were.

Brock normally doesn't have sex with important women, normally he just bangs some chick that will never show up again.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Vendata manages to get into Steppenwolf's tube in that clip, they just don't know if someone is telecommuting/what tube office they're in.

E: moon guy is a good point someone made above but one could argue he simply is a dumbass for not slipping out before the others/hiding in his tube.

Raskolnikov38 fucked around with this message at 06:10 on Jul 17, 2013

Spoon Snoops
Dec 27, 2010

Fetch me...
MY BLUE WINDBREAKER!
I just noticed something subtle on my second viewing. At the end of "Mama's Boys", Helper rides the cab with his head sticking out of the window like a dog... or like the way he always rides the X1. Even in a taxi he wants to ride like R2D2.

Great season; "Bot Seeks Bot" may be my favorite episode of all time. Maybe.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Angular Landbury posted:

Anybody else catch the security guard at the club right when Vendata and Ghost Robot enter that looks exactly like the Kano from the Rusty Venture cartoon?

I honestly thought one of the waitresses was Trianna, too.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

SlothfulCobra posted:

Brock normally doesn't have sex with important women, normally he just bangs some chick that will never show up again.

Has Brock found true love? Or at least an actual girlfriend?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I wouldn't give up having more Ghost Robot, but seeing those shots of Helper made me think how amazing a Vendata/Helper "date" would have been.

Protagorean
May 19, 2013

by Azathoth
As much as we all love Ghost Robot, I'd have loved using HELPeR as the honeypot in "Bot Seeks Bot".

Protagorean fucked around with this message at 08:19 on Jul 17, 2013

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

I just want more HeLPER. All the time.

Protagorean
May 19, 2013

by Azathoth
He often speaks of the coming war between man and the brotherhood of machines. :mitt:

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Jerusalem posted:

I wouldn't give up having more Ghost Robot, but seeing those shots of Helper made me think how amazing a Vendata/Helper "date" would have been.

Except that Vendata would have instantly recognised him.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Gorilla Salad posted:

Except that Vendata would have instantly recognised him.

Not if they put a wig on him and some lipstick :colbert:

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

WAR FOOT posted:

It's stated that he's been calling in the past because of "arch terminated by a third party". I think we're reading a bit too much into this one, I man Jonas Jnr. Also has a direct line.

I still think somehow Jonas Sr. is still "alive" and in stasis or something. Hell, make the plotline that he stole Walt Disney's (or Brisby's) cryo-stasis unit or something because he picked up the world's first antibiotic-resistant strain of the Clap from an unnamed villain's Femme Fatale, and have him thawed now that we've got better stuff. It'd be formative for both Rusty and J.J. since Rusty'll finally get to stand up to him and J.J. will learn he needs to stop idolizing and carrying on the legacy of a horrible man.

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 11:06 on Jul 17, 2013

Snark
Sep 19, 2003

no dice

twistedmentat posted:

Oh god only on the 3rd watch that I realized that Don Hell is supposed to be Don Heck, one of the classic Marvel artists.
I saw it as an homage to Don Hill's - a legendary (recently former) NYC music venue/club. It could be both, though.

Cheesus
Oct 17, 2002

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.
Yam Slacker

BIG HEADLINE posted:

It'd be formative for both Rusty and J.J. since Rusty'll finally get to stand up to him and J.J. will learn he needs to stop idolizing and carrying on the legacy of a horrible man.
I also can buy into a dynamic of Sr. ignoring J.J.'s superior accomplishments and drive to carry on the Venture legacy because he's a dwarf.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

twistedmentat posted:

Oh god only on the 3rd watch that I realized that Don Hell is supposed to be Don Heck, one of the classic Marvel artists.

Snark posted:

I saw it as an homage to Don Hill's - a legendary (recently former) NYC music venue/club. It could be both, though.

The name makes sense, both to Don Heck and the NYC venue, but the costume struck me as Frankenstein from Death Race 2000. I suspect they were seeing how many homages they could attach to a single character.

OtherworldlyInvader
Feb 10, 2005

The X-COM project did not deliver the universe's ultimate cup of coffee. You have failed to save the Earth.

One of my favorite details in the episode is if you compare Ghost Robot to the real Galacticon that shows up, you can see that OSI just gave GR hands and glued some doodads to his head and painted him 80's pink and blue.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

It's so weird that there are so many brand new extras in this episode, normally they just reuse the same extras again and again (it's how St. Cloud became a character). I only recognize one or two background characters in the club and everyone else is brand new.

I don't think I even see Truckules anywhere, and he's the best background supervillain ever.

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer
In response to people talking about the Monarch's back story, it's in the first/non-pilot-first episode toward the end. It's easy to remember because I can hear the old Monarch voice telling the story.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

SlothfulCobra posted:

I don't think I even see Truckules anywhere, and he's the best background supervillain ever.
I was looking for the wizard with the metal hat with lights on it, he wasn't around either. Kurse was, though.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

SlothfulCobra posted:

It's so weird that there are so many brand new extras in this episode, normally they just reuse the same extras again and again (it's how St. Cloud became a character). I only recognize one or two background characters in the club and everyone else is brand new.

Truckules is courteous about the space he takes up, and he didn't want to ruin people's enjoyment by getting in the way.

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment
Wasn't Ghost Robot part of Captain Sunshine's superhero group? I found it weird that Brock referred to him as a civilian.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Bear Retrieval Unit posted:

Wasn't Ghost Robot part of Captain Sunshine's superhero group? I found it weird that Brock referred to him as a civilian.

I think he means non-OSI.