Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Root Bear
Nov 15, 2004

DARKEST SKETCH
Got to work on an original Dodge Caravan, a 1969 Dodge A100:

I loving want one of these now, there's so much wheelie potential... :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

IOwnCalculus posted:

You're at the point with an engine like that where every component in them is already custom, and the 'design' is remarkably simple. It may have theoretically started life as a Chevy (he has one listed as a Pontiac, interestingly) but everything has been scaled well past compatibility with any parts that weren't purpose-built for this monster.

Speaking of custom parts...

Apparently those are 17" steelies set up for the hubcaps. I kinda want them.

Those are sharp as hell. I've never really been a Chevy truck guy, but the '67-'72 C10s have always caught my eye. Yours has been quite the inspiration to look into picking one up :3:

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

Looks like it's just sitting there dancing for the crowd. And a hop, and a jump, and a left, two three!

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

An old volvo with a BMW V8 and a S15 with a Viper motor is pretty AI right?

I also took some proper pictures of my buddy's new wheels.

Hooray for silly cars.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Doccers posted:

... it's a stock C-306 with some stuff in the back? how is that worth 25,000 euros?

oh. it has a light bar.

It's not, but apocalypse survival rigs are always funny to me. It's basically an impractical camping rig.

bung
Dec 14, 2004

Saw this in Windsor today. Plate says STORMBOY.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Zlatan Imhobitch posted:

I also took some proper pictures of my buddy's new wheels.

Hooray for silly cars.

TE37s: Making even Hells Of Flush cars look good.

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!

If I owned that, I would constantly be looking for excuses to go to the store.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Fucknag posted:

TE37s: Making even Hells Of Flush cars look good.

They're the SL version too. And it's not just stance or whatever it's a full on track car and some bigtime win around the ring. :)

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Zlatan Imhobitch posted:

They're the SL version too. And it's not just stance or whatever it's a full on track car and some bigtime win around the ring. :)

Doesn't matter, that poo poo looks good.

And now I want to see if anyone has ever put TE37s on a C10, but GIS is failing me.

Oh well, have some nicely modified 1967 GMCs, since it's the best of the '67-'72 grilles.

Tactical Bonnet
Nov 5, 2005

You'd be distressed too if some pile of bones just told you your favorite hat was stupid.

Devyl posted:

If I owned that, I would constantly be looking for excuses to go to the store.

You wouldn't need to, since you could only get what you could carry home in your lap every trip. :v:

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008
Is that from the same event this is from?

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

IOwnCalculus posted:

Doesn't matter, that poo poo looks good.

And now I want to see if anyone has ever put TE37s on a C10, but GIS is failing me.

Oh well, have some nicely modified 1967 GMCs, since it's the best of the '67-'72 grilles.

I dunno man the C10 aint too bad on the eyes.

My best friend agrees with you though, he says the GMC looks more "trucky" :arghfist:

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...
They're both great. Keep posting :allears:

blk
Dec 19, 2009
Went to the Lemay Museum in Tacoma with my girlfriend's dad last week - didn't take many pictures but they did have some awesome stuff.

I forget what kind of Caddy that is - can anyone ID it? I love the cheese grater grill that hides the headlights - I want to drive it to work everyday and shred everyone who gets in my way.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Fart Pipe posted:

I dunno man the C10 aint too bad on the eyes.

My best friend agrees with you though, he says the GMC looks more "trucky" :arghfist:

Well of the Chevy grilles, the '67-'68 is definitely the best as well. The wheels on that second one are gorgeous, but it just figures that they're one-offs for what is apparently a Holley Show Truck.

Speaking of shop project trucks, I can only hope that the '69-'72 seen here is eventually going to be a shop project....

Because that photo was taken at Singer's shop, the guys known for putting out jawdroppingly-gorgeous early 911s.

I never even noticed that the truck was in the background of this photo until now, and I see more than just primer on it... so we can hope?

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
I love that Singer wall quote. I've been to a few shops that would write something like "PAY ATTENTION TO THE DETAILS" or "DO THE JOB RIGHT THE FIRST TIME" but "Everything is Important" is much more succinct.

boxen
Feb 20, 2011

blk posted:

I forget what kind of Caddy that is - can anyone ID it? I love the cheese grater grill that hides the headlights - I want to drive it to work everyday and shred everyone who gets in my way.

1967-68 El Dorado, I think. I always liked the same year Rivieras more, same basic car but are rear wheel drive.

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

I guess it's the angle, but all I can see in that picture is it looks like the front wheel has only been partially bolted down and is about to fall off.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

blk posted:

boxen posted:

1967-68 El Dorado, I think. I always liked the same year Rivieras more, same basic car but are rear wheel drive.

1967. (Front turn signals mounted in the bumper - 68's had the turn signals in the fender extensions)

Lightbulb Out
Apr 28, 2006

slack jawed yokel

Stealth Like posted:

I guess it's the angle, but all I can see in that picture is it looks like the front wheel has only been partially bolted down and is about to fall off.

It's the camber from the front wheel.

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

Lightbulb Out posted:

Yes, I know that it's from the camber. I'm just saying that from that specific angle it looks like it's about to fall off.

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

Seat Safety Switch posted:

I love that Singer wall quote. I've been to a few shops that would write something like "PAY ATTENTION TO THE DETAILS" or "DO THE JOB RIGHT THE FIRST TIME" but "Everything is Important" is much more succinct.

It really embodies the Singer cars' spirit as well. Those things are so precisely thought-through and perfectly built it's mind-boggling.

nollij
Aug 30, 2006

Wait, wait, wait...

When did this happen?!?

Lightbulb Out posted:

Looks like a bit of caster as well.

bung
Dec 14, 2004

I saw the new Corvette "in the flesh" today in Detroit. I didn't really like it in pics but it looks much better in person.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

bung posted:

I saw the new Corvette "in the flesh" today in Detroit. I didn't really like it in pics but it looks much better in person.

I saw a yellow one in Royal Oak a few weeks back. Sounded amazing.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

IOwnCalculus posted:

Well of the Chevy grilles, the '67-'68 is definitely the best as well. The wheels on that second one are gorgeous, but it just figures that they're one-offs for what is apparently a Holley Show Truck.

Speaking of shop project trucks, I can only hope that the '69-'72 seen here is eventually going to be a shop project....

Because that photo was taken at Singer's shop, the guys known for putting out jawdroppingly-gorgeous early 911s.

I never even noticed that the truck was in the background of this photo until now, and I see more than just primer on it... so we can hope?

Holy crap a Singer 67-72 would probably my favorite one. The Holley shop truck is right now and yea it sucks that those wheels are a one-off because they fit the truck so perfectly.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Rhyno posted:

I saw a yellow one in Royal Oak a few weeks back. Sounded amazing.

The real question is how much will Top Gear hate it.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Mister Kingdom posted:

Well, Clarkson liked the ZR-1 in spite of himself so it has a chance.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

bung posted:

To be fair, that's the WORST angle to be looking at. This pretty much applies to any Corvette made after 1968, doubly so after 1983, and even worse on this abomination.

THe 3/4 view from the front looks drat good though. Just a shame they pre-JC Whitnied-it with all the vents and poo poo (I don't care if they are functional or not - they are "Corvette people" vents and will eventually all be replaced with plastic chrome versions).

Boomerjinks
Jan 31, 2007

DINO DAMAGE
Holy gently caress the Bandit Run is in town today! Gonna be a short work day!

kill me now
Sep 14, 2003

Why's Hank crying?

'CUZ HE JUST GOT DUNKED ON!

Mister Kingdom posted:

depends on how far he can push the rear facia in with his finger.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

kill me now posted:

depends on how far he can push the rear facia in with his finger.

The true measure of quality.

A Ford truck (F1? F100? I'm not familiar with the model names of that vintage) that's really just a tube-frame gokart in the shape of a truck. Unfortunately, their skills are apparently almost entirely on fabrication and not photography, since while there's plenty of other pictures of this thing... they're mostly terrible. From here.

BoostCreep
May 3, 2004

Might I ask where you keep your forced induction accessories?
Grimey Drawer

Evo 3 next to two Evo 10s. It's been lowered, but it just looks so tiny!

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

IOwnCalculus posted:

A Ford truck (F1? F100? I'm not familiar with the model names of that vintage)

Based on the body it'd be early-to-mid 50s vintage, so an F-1.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Q_res posted:

Based on the body it'd be early-to-mid 50s vintage, so an F-1.

The ??-56 body style was called the F100, I thought.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
Wiki says the F-1/2/3 was 1948-1952. 1953 saw the F-1 change to the F-100, the -2 became the -250, and the -3 became the -350. The F-150 was introduced in 1975, and it slotted in between the F-100 and F-250. The last F-100 was sold in 1982.

The truck in question is definitely an F-100, looks like a '55 IMO.

Seizure Meat fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Jul 20, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
For some reason I was thinking the name change didn't hit until the '57 bodystyle. My mistake.