Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
I just have so much contempt for the man I don't think I would be able to stop myself from doing the ol' "hold the phone up to the toilet and flush it" if I ever waited the two hours to get on air with the insufferable shill. Childish, true, but it's what he deserves.

:george:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Blackbird Fly posted:

I bet if someone gave him enough money he would get waterboarded. Hell, he will probably do anything for money considering his choice of employment.

I wish someone like Oprah would offer him a trillion dollars if he can survive being waterboarded for even 10 seconds without begging for mercy. But only if he makes it. Really see what he believes. If he wouldn't even try for some astronomical sum....welp.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!
My post was at least ment partially as commentary on US policy, which, you know, actually did that poo poo to the people in Gitmo. I don't know how I feel about people unironically agreeing with me.

On the other hand, if I can sucker some of you guys into buying gold, guns, MRE's and pyramid schemes I might just go on to make outrageous posts daily.

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007
Fortunately, the Secret Service doesn't subpoena people for making threatening comments about Sean Hannity.

towelieban
Feb 19, 2013
turn on 105.9 (dc-area conservative talk radio) just in time to hear this new-yorker (can't remember his name right now) tell his viewers how the amount of white people dying in the civil war to free the slaves was reparations for slavery. Lol's were had, followed by tears for humanity.

George RR Fartin
Apr 16, 2003

XyloJW posted:

Fortunately, the Secret Service doesn't subpoena people for making threatening comments about Sean Hannity.

I just had the scary thought that if we ever end up with sensible drug policy and subsequently deprive the prisons of their much needed slav-- I mean manual labor, I can see what these jackasses are gonna start advocating next to fill the cellblocks. Just have Hannity go on air, do what he does, and *bam* you've got hundreds of people who simply can't help themselves wearing orange and getting pushed around by an Arpaio analogue.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Shlomo Palestein posted:

I just had the scary thought that if we ever end up with sensible drug policy and subsequently deprive the prisons of their much needed slav-- I mean manual labor, I can see what these jackasses are gonna start advocating next to fill the cellblocks. Just have Hannity go on air, do what he does, and *bam* you've got hundreds of people who simply can't help themselves wearing orange and getting pushed around by an Arpaio analogue.

We'll go back to sending people to prison who can't pay their debts.

Modern Day Hercules
Apr 26, 2008

Crowsbeak posted:

We are already back to that. It is possible to go to jail due to debt in several states, Illinois I know just off the top of my head.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Crowsbeak posted:

Don't we already do this for debt to the government? Why not let the free market in on it?

18 Character Limit
Apr 6, 2007

Screw you, Abed;
I can fix this!
Nap Ghost

towelieban posted:

turn on 105.9 (dc-area conservative talk radio) just in time to hear this new-yorker (can't remember his name right now) tell his viewers how the amount of white people dying in the civil war to free the slaves was reparations for slavery. Lol's were had, followed by tears for humanity.

Call up and offer to count the sum of white dead as three-fifths of the total reparations.

Damonic
Jan 17, 2006
Limbaugh is saying that it's now OK to say "Nigga" because Rachael Jeantel on CNN said so.

http://mediamatters.org/video/2013/...-now-say/194904

Aeka 2.0
Nov 16, 2000

:ohdear: Have you seen my apex seals? I seem to have lost them.

Dinosaur Gum
I dont even know if he's being ironic or not. Nothing makes sense.

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Giving 'em the old razzle-dazzle
Welcome to the Republican Party

Von Sloneker
Jul 6, 2009

as if all this was something more
than another footnote on a postcard from nowhere,
another chapter in the handbook for exercises in futility
For reasons I don't yet understand, I decided to break my embargo on watching Fox News (begun literally the day Obama was elected; I just knew there'd be no point), and so far in response to the Zimmerman verdict I've been witnessing the most startling misdirection. For two shows now, O'Reilly's and Hannity's, the focus is on "black on black crime" and how that's the real story, and black people are just making the situation worse for themselves by not solving their problems -- and of course the media is not reporting on this because it's bad for business. This is insanity.

But now I'm watching Hannity, as I said, and I thought he'd assembled a studio audience. Turns out, what he has assembled is a 20+ person panel of Fox News on-air personnel in order to trot out one talking point after another. I've never seen anything like this. This is like some kind of ... mobilization.

As I typed the above, I heard Hannity say something unironically that people have been saying ironically in the Zimmerman threads: "Trayvon was straddling him and ground and pounding him MMA style." And now the angriest man I've ever seen is yelling at Juan Williams (and Melissa Harris Perry in absentia) for being a race hustler. He literally just said "you're trying to hustle me."

Sorry to TVIV this but I think I'm losing my mind.

Oh, the chyron just popped up beneath the black man yelling at Juan Williams for "making this a race issue": Leo Terrell, Civil Rights Attorney.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

Anus Dei posted:

For reasons I don't yet understand, I decided to break my embargo on watching Fox News (begun literally the day Obama was elected; I just knew there'd be no point), and so far in response to the Zimmerman verdict I've been witnessing the most startling misdirection. For two shows now, O'Reilly's and Hannity's, the focus is on "black on black crime" and how that's the real story, and black people are just making the situation worse for themselves by not solving their problems -- and of course the media is not reporting on this because it's bad for business. This is insanity.

But now I'm watching Hannity, as I said, and I thought he'd assembled a studio audience. Turns out, what he has assembled is a 20+ person panel of Fox News on-air personnel in order to trot out one talking point after another. I've never seen anything like this. This is like some kind of ... mobilization.

As I typed the above, I heard Hannity say something unironically that people have been saying ironically in the Zimmerman threads: "Trayvon was straddling him and ground and pounding him MMA style." And now the angriest man I've ever seen is yelling at Juan Williams (and Melissa Harris Perry in absentia) for being a race hustler. He literally just said "you're trying to hustle me."

Sorry to TVIV this but I think I'm losing my mind.

Oh, the chyron just popped up beneath the black man yelling at Juan Williams for "making this a race issue": Leo Terrell, Civil Rights Attorney.

Oh yeah, the phrases "race hustler" and "race pimp," used to describe Obama, Holder, and Sharpton, are clogging comments sections everywhere.

Dr Christmas fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Jul 17, 2013

Von Sloneker
Jul 6, 2009

Dr Christmas posted:

Oh yeah, the phrases "race hustler" and "race pimp," used to describe Obama, Holder, and Sharpton, a clogging comments sections everywhere.

The only reason I even mentioned the guy's race is because of how shocked I was that he used that exact term -- to another black man. The icing on the poo poo cake was that he (Leo Terrell, Civil Rights Attorney) and Hannity kept going back and forth with each other, ha-ha'ing at how this was such a rare occasion for them to be in agreement on an issue (the greater Martin/Zimmerman issue). That leads me to believe he's one of FNC's "liberals." The super irony, I guess, is that "black liberal who hates all other black liberals" was, I'd thought, Juan Williams' role on FNC. Fox News has to shift their liberals farther and farther to the right so fast to keep pace with the channel's ideology that soon Hannity will be the liberal on his own show.

Hannity and Hannity.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Also according to comments sections everywhere, the entire Democratic Party and African American community hangs on Al Sharpton's every word now apparently?

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I wish. Al Sharpton is awesome.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.
Hey, you guys want to know about Ted Nugent's solution to "The Black Problem"? I know I probably don't!

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Does it involve Ted Nugent being a huge troll to garner attention for himself?

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Rape Hillary again?

Because you know he says those things and gets off scott free.

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

Man, was anyone listening to Limbaugh yesterday? :stare: He went off on this huge tangent from Rachel Jeantel's CNN interview. What was it about, you might ask? Well, Trayvon was actually a homophobe! And poor, poor Zimmerman was the victim of a hate-crime, since Trayvon just wanted to gay-bash him. The basis for this?

-Trayvon told her on the phone that he looked like "a creepy rear end cracker".
-Rachel told him to run because, logically, she thought "creepy rear end cracker" could only mean "gay rapist".
-Enraged by the gall of what he thought was Zimmerman's gay lust for him, Trayvon circled back to teach him a lesson.

And he proceeded to treat this hypothetical as some brilliant revelation, since now the liberals are being forced to choose between the blacks and gays. :psyduck:

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Do we actually have proof that Zimmerman wasn't trying to gay rape Martin?

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Generic American posted:

Man, was anyone listening to Limbaugh yesterday? :stare: He went off on this huge tangent from Rachel Jeantel's CNN interview. What was it about, you might ask? Well, Trayvon was actually a homophobe! And poor, poor Zimmerman was the victim of a hate-crime, since Trayvon just wanted to gay-bash him. The basis for this?

-Trayvon told her on the phone that he looked like "a creepy rear end cracker".
-Rachel told him to run because, logically, she thought "creepy rear end cracker" could only mean "gay rapist".
-Enraged by the gall of what he thought was Zimmerman's gay lust for him, Trayvon circled back to teach him a lesson.

And he proceeded to treat this hypothetical as some brilliant revelation, since now the liberals are being forced to choose between the blacks and gays. :psyduck:

Ha ha ha what? WHHHAAAT. I had to check to make sure you weren't making this up.

Man Limbaugh, stop being so lazy and be more logical in your blind hatred, drat.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Monkey Fracas posted:

Ha ha ha what? WHHHAAAT. I had to check to make sure you weren't making this up.

Man Limbaugh, stop being so lazy and be more logical in your blind hatred, drat.

I have a theory. I think sometimes these types of people genuinely do not understand why the sexist and racist poo poo they say is sexist and racist. They seriously think sexism and racism are random labels just thrown out by Liberals. So, they think they can do the same thing by randomly throwing out labels and acting like its a counter argument.

Von Sloneker
Jul 6, 2009

Any irritating Zimmerman verdict commentary I've seen or heard among my conservative friends has tended to focus on specifics of the trial and, in what I'd assumed was the trickle-down from right wing media, criticisms of media coverage of the trial. Between my brief peeks into Fox News over the last two days and now this rant from Nugent, I'm seeing that the real message from the right wing -- and I don't think I ever could've seen this coming -- is that Trayvon Martin's death is going to be blamed on black people.

I feel like the Earth should be cracking open and swallowing us all now. This is really something.

I honestly used to get an odd kind of charge out of listening to right wing media: O'Reilly, Hannity, Beck, Coulter, my local (and now retired) numbnuts Neil Boortz -- all consistently awful but somehow, weirdly, consistently ... engaging? Maybe it was because I felt that most of their crap was something I could process, could counter, could wrap my mind around and be prepared for in the event that friends and acquaintances started spewing the same nonsense. But this is something that just robs me of wherewithal. It's like a sucker punch. I suppose I'm going back to my strategy of using only liberal bloggers, journalists, and other commentators as cushions between myself and the crazy.

tl;dr: GOOBLE GOBBLE GOOBLE GOBBLE ALWAYS MORE ALWAYS WORSE

edit: oh look, while I was venting, we got a fresh delivery.

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
The Black Problem... Not enough kids out of wedlock? Insufficient Wango Tango?

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

pangstrom posted:

The Black Problem... Not enough kids out of wedlock? Insufficient Wango Tango?

They just need to poo poo there pants enough to bootstrap there way out of there situation.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
The obsession with "creepy rear end cracker" is fascinating and hilarious. Some just want to use it as an excuse to say friend of the family, but others are truly, deeply offended and feel that they now understand the plight of minorities (good minorities like Korean-Americans).

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

SedanChair posted:

The obsession with "creepy rear end cracker" is fascinating and hilarious. Some just want to use it as an excuse to say friend of the family, but others are truly, deeply offended and feel that they now understand the plight of minorities (good minorities like Korean-Americans).

Its literally all column A and none of column B tho

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Sooooooo is Rush marginalized to the point where he can claim he can say nigga on air now without any major outcry or is it just that everyone expects it?

Gozinbulx
Feb 19, 2004
Is no one else a bit taken aback that Nugent has decided to drop all pretexts and just flat out say "Them niggers should start waking up on time and talking right, and then maybe I'll respect them"? God drat.

Also basically "Maybe if them niggers weren't so criminal like we wouldn't need to to go around shooting them".

gently caress me.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Gozinbulx posted:

Is no one else a bit taken aback that Nugent has decided to drop all pretexts and just flat out say "Them niggers should start waking up on time and talking right, and then maybe I'll respect them"? God drat.

Also basically "Maybe if them niggers weren't so criminal like we wouldn't need to to go around shooting them".

gently caress me.

The sad thing is that this level of discourse has been so acceptable in right wing communities that it really DOESN'T surprise me.

It's literally "I do not have to change my preconceptions of people, people should meet my preconceptions"

njbeachbum
Apr 14, 2005

Gozinbulx posted:

gently caress me.

I am not taken aback at all. I always assumed that Nugent was a racist in addition to a pants making GBS threads coward. This just proves it.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Gozinbulx posted:

gently caress me.

It's OK because he likes Little Richard and Chess-era Chicago blues. According to all the black people he meets at NRA conventions he's an honorary black person.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
A big part of the right wing media's reaction is that anything Obama says is a divisive partisan issue that they must disagree with due to it being said by Obama.

Curse you, Obama, for divisively saying something people were content to agree on.

Astro Creep
May 14, 2013

There's no time, hurry up!

Everything's so fantastic!

Gozinbulx posted:

gently caress me.

It really isn't surprising in the least that he's so up-front about it now. What is surprising to me is that it didn't happen sooner. He's always been self-victimizing, racist trash.

I'm personally waiting for Mustaine to drop all pretenses of being a "just mad at the government" nut and admit his xenophobia. He's coming pretty close. I was at a concert last year where the undead husk of his band was a side-act, and halfway through "Holy War" he stops playing and starts rambling about "giving the country back to its rightful owners" and that we're currently fighting a real holy war.

He's also a Birther, is deep into the Alex Jones cult, and has made accusations that the Aurora and Sikh temple shootings were false flag operations. It's really only a matter of time before he sticks his foot too far into his mouth that he can't pull his usual backpedal routine.

Astro Creep fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Jul 17, 2013

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I have a theory. I think sometimes these types of people genuinely do not understand why the sexist and racist poo poo they say is sexist and racist. They seriously think sexism and racism are random labels just thrown out by Liberals. So, they think they can do the same thing by randomly throwing out labels and acting like its a counter argument.

They aren't racist or sexist, you're just being too PC!

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Here's a feel-good for the thread. James O'Keefe is so incensed by the terms of his just-ended probation for lying his way into a Louisiana Sen. Mary Landrieu's office that he got thrown off Tulane's campus for harassing the prosecutor who "ruined his life."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guilty Spork
Feb 26, 2011

Thunder rolled. It rolled a six.
Uh... Does Nugent think that black people haven't tried being honest and law-abiding before? That they aren't by and large doing it now?