Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
paisleyfox
Feb 23, 2009

My dog thinks he's a pretty lady.

HEGEL SMOKE A J posted:

Well, my mom has a Chow and that dog is pretty low-energy. She wants to be walked once a day, but that's about it. I'm familiar with Chows, I like them, I like their personalities, but Akitas and Shibas are so dang pretty that I was wondering about them too.

Real life is a bitch! *eases slowly back into PI...*

Akitas have quite a bit of energy that needs constructive ways of burning it off, especially since they are so big. Shibas even more so. Puppies are nightmares of energy that never seem to slow down. Think terrier levels of energy for many of them. But they do tend to mellow out as they reach about 5 years or so, Koji's just a big lump most of the time, but will still turn into a real frustrated rear end in a top hat if we haven't gotten to the park in a while to run it out since we are in an apartment. A few hours of vigorous play or some of those mind puzzles/find the thing/training a new dumb trick also works to wear him out.

Ellie needs a billion long walks/jogs a day, not just because she's a puppy but if we don't she starts looking to destroy poo poo, like our carpet. :| She also needs to get to the park to run around and eat bugs quite often (and now that she finished her heat we can go back, yay!)

But doing all of this during the day or running them tired as soon as we get home from work means we can be lazy for the most part during dinner, last walkies and bedtime. I almost feel like people with a yard need to do more work because just tossing them outside makes you FEEL like you are "exercising them" but they generally still come back in bored as hell and looking for something to do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Triangulum
Oct 3, 2007

by Lowtax

Sock Weasel posted:

Aside from that I'm in the middle of sorting out arrangements for transporting him from England to Texas with me in a few months when I move and ugh I am so nervous about flying him. I couldn't care less if all of my stuff gets lost or damaged in transit, I just want my dog to arrive in one piece without too much stress. The length of his ears means that he needs a custom crate to be built to accommodate his height... taping his ears to his head would be cool, right? :saddowns:

Check out Sky Kennel's XXL crates. They are stupid expensive but they were the only crates large enough to transport my GSD internationally. I believe this is the one I have

RetroVirus
Jun 27, 2004

All this talk about Akita's being energetic... are we talking the XXL Casual Size American Akita or the regular cuter one? I feel like I'm missing out. My (American) Akita is such a lazy poo poo. The most he likes to do is a long walk once a day, about an hour walk. He might play fetch otherwise he just wants to chill.

I mean, it's cool having a big mellow beardog but it stinks that he won't participate in the higher level activities I do with my other dog. :( He loves hikes but he needs to do it at a snail's pace and we end up meeting the others at the campsite an hour after everyone else.

My big dummy is 5 years old, in great shape, no health problems, etc. come on get with the program Brodie.

RetroVirus fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Jun 19, 2013

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

paisleyfox posted:

Real life is a bitch! *eases slowly back into PI...*

Akitas have quite a bit of energy that needs constructive ways of burning it off, especially since they are so big. Shibas even more so. Puppies are nightmares of energy that never seem to slow down. Think terrier levels of energy for many of them. But they do tend to mellow out as they reach about 5 years or so, Koji's just a big lump most of the time, but will still turn into a real frustrated rear end in a top hat if we haven't gotten to the park in a while to run it out since we are in an apartment. A few hours of vigorous play or some of those mind puzzles/find the thing/training a new dumb trick also works to wear him out.

Ellie needs a billion long walks/jogs a day, not just because she's a puppy but if we don't she starts looking to destroy poo poo, like our carpet. :| She also needs to get to the park to run around and eat bugs quite often (and now that she finished her heat we can go back, yay!)

But doing all of this during the day or running them tired as soon as we get home from work means we can be lazy for the most part during dinner, last walkies and bedtime. I almost feel like people with a yard need to do more work because just tossing them outside makes you FEEL like you are "exercising them" but they generally still come back in bored as hell and looking for something to do.
Looks like several years from now when I have a house that's suitable for a dog and when my boyfriend is OK with it it's a Chow for me, then. Although, I do plan on adopting, so I could get an older Shiba...

I mean, I love Chows. Just who the gently caress wakes up in the morning and goes YOU KNOW WHAT I REALLY WANT TO DO TODAY? BRUSH SOMETHING

Edit: You know what this thread needs now that you're back? More Ellie pictures.

HEY GUNS fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Jun 19, 2013

paisleyfox
Feb 23, 2009

RetroVirus posted:

All this talk about Akita's being energetic... I feel like I'm missing out.

Haha, sometimes they are! My experience, though, is that many people who own them hardly do much and they just tear up the yard or harass neighbors or chew everything because they aren't given much to do. I still feel like my dogs are lazy fucks, but I'm a pretty energetic person most of the time.

Brodie needs some more glamour shots up in hurr. :kimchi:

And, well, I can oblige with Ellie pics. :3: She will be 7 months old in about a week and will be spayed sometime this fall. She unfortunately has gone through some med reactions to antibiotics and tapeworm killers and so she lost a little weight (feeling way better today!), but she is around 15 lbs now and if I measured right, JUST in standard. She is such a small pup, though, I don't know how well she would have done in shows. I'm excited to start agility classes this fall, too. :haw:

She likes to hop up on the shelf in the back of the car. Gonna introduce the car harness to her now so she doesn't go flying at me in the event of a quick stop.

Shoppingbee

BONUS - Hubs found me unironically the best socks ever. I never want to wear any other socks.

c355n4
Jan 3, 2007

Oh my god, where did he find those?!

paisleyfox
Feb 23, 2009

Urban Outfitters website. I think it was on sale.

Sock Weasel
Sep 13, 2010

Triangulum posted:

Check out Sky Kennel's XXL crates. They are stupid expensive but they were the only crates large enough to transport my GSD internationally. I believe this is the one I have

That one would still apparently be just too small for him. Sat down he is 34" from floor to ear tip and I've been told that most airlines will check for a 2-3" clearance. On the bright side I got a quote back from the pet transport company United prefer using and he's telling me that a custom wooden crate will actually work out as £90 cheaper than the Giant Vari Kennel. Yay? :psyduck:

Triangulum
Oct 3, 2007

by Lowtax
Well at least you'll save some money! :v: I'm so glad we shipped Vecna when he was younger, it would have sucked balls to do it now that he's super gigantic. What airline are you using?

Psiharis
Mar 11, 2007

I love forest of rain.Foevar...
So, I would be a first-time dog owner. I didn't grow up with dogs as a kid, and with most dogs, my body language or something is all wrong. I get along with individual dogs -- there's a big yellow lab at work who's magnetically drawn to me and will paw the air pathetically if I stop the ear-rubs -- but I have bad luck with strange dogs.

Right now, I live alone in a pretty big house with a decent-sized yard (for Boston, meaning non-zero) and a gorgeous dog-friendly park just steps from my front door. My job has flexible hours and I own my place, no pet restrictions. I've thought about getting a dog off and on over the years, mostly to have a walking buddy -- I love my 2 cats but they're lazy bums. This seems like a perfect time in my life to get a dog if I'm ever going to.

I'm leaning toward an older Basenji(-mix). Less dog-smell and less barking sounds good to me. One of my neighbors has a yappy-rear end poo poo of a dog that never gets properly walked and I sure don't want to be THAT person to my neighbors. The OP ("These dogs are in it to win it, and the “it” is instant, personal gratification. Even if you ask something of them, it’s usually most effective to make it seem like it was their idea from the beginning.") sounds like par for the course to this cat owner. I'm used to being trained by my pets and not the other way around.

How terrible an idea would a Basenji or other primitive/mix be? I don't want a servile lackey, I'd rather have a buddy who's not afraid to gently caress with me once in a while. My younger cat (3 yrs, big, crazy strong, crazy troublemaking, just crazy) would love to have a partner in crime and my older cat (18, deaf) would probably not even notice the new addition. I'd be doing obedience courses for my benefit as much as the dog's, but I'm not going into this with a lot of (any) personal experience.

Zenithbliss
Oct 22, 2007

Psiharis posted:

How terrible an idea would a Basenji or other primitive/mix be? I don't want a servile lackey, I'd rather have a buddy who's not afraid to gently caress with me once in a while.

My Samoyed breeder is lovely but loopy as along with her samoyeds and pugs she has a Basenji. The basenji is more clever/cunning than all the other dogs combined.

Tilly's not much bigger than a cat and is lovely but she's very good at keeping herself occupied if she's bored, for example the first time I visited the breeder after ten minutes there we noticed the dogs had shredded a sticky note. This sticky note was in the pocket of the jacket I was wearing - Tilly apparently is great at sneaking things out of your pockets and giving them to the other dogs to destroy, she also breaks into the bin and passes rubbish to the other dogs too.

The breeder adores her and she is lovely, I just think she's too clever a dog for me

Zenithbliss fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Jun 21, 2013

Psiharis
Mar 11, 2007

Robber (the younger cat) is smart and destructive as hell -- he can open all my doors and regularly rips open all kinds of containers when he's bored, which is always -- so I feel like I'm fairly well-equipped to deal with a smart animal with a gently caress-you kind of attitude. I'm kind of concerned about whether a shelter/rescue would be willing to adopt to me, though. I get that, for example, Akitas are not a good option for a person's first dog, but given that I'm not going into this with many preconceived notions, I'm basically hoping for a more outdoorsy version of your typical sociopathic rear end in a top hat cat, but not something that I'd have to alpha-roll just to make a point, you know?

Zenithbliss
Oct 22, 2007

You have it right with the not giving a poo poo attitude and most primitives. I wouldn't recommend a Samoyed as although mine's very good at playing deaf and sodding off to do his own thing, he's still a dog and needy, whereas our 7 cats are selectively deaf also but just don't care.

This is Tilly fully grown against an 8 week old Sammy, petite but pretty solid!

Sock Weasel
Sep 13, 2010

Triangulum posted:

Well at least you'll save some money! :v: I'm so glad we shipped Vecna when he was younger, it would have sucked balls to do it now that he's super gigantic. What airline are you using?

United, with any luck he'll be on the same flight as me too.

e: He will be! :toot: All booked in and confirmed.

Sock Weasel fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Jun 25, 2013

WolfensteinBag
Aug 7, 2003

So it was all your work?

Guuuyyyyyssss......... Puppy fever has reached an ALL TIME HIGH! Just need to whine about that a little bit... As much as I'd settled on a GSD for our next dog, it's quite likely that it could cross over into CsV territory if all pans out for an early 2014 puppy...

Ok, now that, that's over with, were any of you watching any of the live stream of the SPARCS conference this last weekend? There was a lot of interesting stuff talked about in relation to wolves! I should have made notes of what I should bring back here as it went along, now I'm going to have to try and haphazardly remember stuff as I go, so I expect I'll be posting more later as I remember it.

One of the most interesting things was bringing new light on to the previous tests they'd done regarding dogs and how they've evolved to understand humans. Specifically, the point test, and the impossible problem solving test.

With the point test, they pretty much gauged whether dogs could understand human pointing, something chimps even failed to do. They found that dogs WERE able to do this task, even (I think 16 week old) puppies! It was hypothesized that wolves, not having evolved along side humans, would do poorly at this test. Wanting further understanding, a different group than the first two decided to test more dogs, and also test the wolves at Wolf Park. They did 3 groups, wolves, pet dogs, and shelter dogs. They found that the wolves actually did just as well as the pet dog group! What's more, they also found that the shelter dogs pretty much failed the test (getting an average score of 50%, so hitting chance). This is leading them to believe that the ability to focus on game and follow trajectory, combined with the fact that these pet dogs and tame, hand reared wolves, are used to being hand fed treats, can easily teach them what pointing means. In other words, they had a frame of reference that gave them an edge in the test. Also, they further tested with the shelter dogs, and on average, it only took them 10 minutes to learn what pointing meant, so there's nothing "wrong" with them, either, it might just be that they lacked this real-world experience. Also interesting to note, they suspected the ability to follow pointing could be related to the Eye, Stalk, and Chase portions of the predatory behavior chain, something that is exaggerated in herding dogs. The breed of the puppies used in the pointing test? Australian Shepherds. :)

I WAS going to talk about the problem solving test, too, but I have to go get ready for work. More interesting stuff, later!

TheDon01
Mar 8, 2009

:toot: IT'S SOMEONES BIRTHDAY TODAY :toot:

According to her adoption paperwork, her litter was born on 7/3/12.

Happy Birthday Laika!

WolfensteinBag
Aug 7, 2003

So it was all your work?

Happy late birthday, Laika! :toot: She's freakin' adorable! Do you have any pictures of her standing? Any ideas what she is, aside from extremely cute? :3:

TheDon01
Mar 8, 2009

WolfensteinBag posted:

Happy late birthday, Laika! :toot: She's freakin' adorable! Do you have any pictures of her standing? Any ideas what she is, aside from extremely cute? :3:

Here's a couple pics my wife took when they went hiking while I was at work.

Also have a few more on her Instagram, but it hasn't been updated in a little while @Laikapups

When I adopted her as a puppy the rescue said she was Siberian Husky, she's obviously part Siberian but she is kinda short and smaller (She's about 38 lbs last I checked) than a typical Siberian and has much longer and bushier hair than a purebred, if she wasn't so small I'd guess Malamute mix. Definitely has the attitude of a husky and she loves to talk. I've found a couple of her litter mates on Facebook and they all have grown up to look exactly like her but with slightly different markings and masks.

One of these days I may splurge and get that doggie DNA test to see if it can reveal what she's mixed with, but currently it's Siberian+????

6-Ethyl Bearcat
Apr 27, 2008

Go out
She looks really similar to this guy who was in rescue near me recently. I think he was a surrender so the parentage was known. Apparently he's a husky x border collie.

I hope she's nowhere near as anxious as he is. :(

TheDon01
Mar 8, 2009

6-Ethyl Bearcat posted:

I hope she's nowhere near as anxious as he is. :(

Anxious, no.

Obnoxious, oh god yes.

I got her at 8 weeks and she's had exposure to hundreds of other dogs and people. If anything she's too friendly, my wife calls her "The Mayor" "Just has to go and greet everyone she sees"
Not much seems to phase her, even all the fireworks from the 4th that spooked my other dog. She just perked her ears up at first like "What the hell was that?" and then went back to sleep.

She does hate horses for some reason though.

Captain Foxy
Jun 13, 2007

I love Hitler and Hitler loves me! He's not all bad, Hitler just needs someone to believe in him! Can't you just give Hitler a chance?

Quality Pugamutes now available, APR/APRI/NKC approved breeder. PM for details.
She looks like a purebred 'wooly' husky to me. Apparently it's a thing. One of our clients has one and she's something like 35lbs and looks like a white/grey version of your girl. Ever consider that possibility?

TheDon01
Mar 8, 2009

Captain Foxy posted:

She looks like a purebred 'wooly' husky to me. Apparently it's a thing. One of our clients has one and she's something like 35lbs and looks like a white/grey version of your girl. Ever consider that possibility?

Ya know, someone at the dog park did mention that a while back. Thought they were talking about some BYB nonsense.

But yeah, looking those pics in the link she definitely could be a wooly.

Psiharis
Mar 11, 2007

Getting a home visit from this little dude tomorrow.

The rescue says he's Basenji-Whippet. We'll see how he gets along with the cats. One of mine loves nothing more in life than to be chased up and down the stairs, the other still occasionally leads me on loooow-speed chases to the food bowl but is probably too arthritic to provide a tempting target. She's still more than capable of bopping sense into young whippersnappers when it comes to that, though.

Clicker and crate and other accoutrements procured just in case -- I'm sure I can always return or donate them if we don't gel during the visit.

All I know is dat face :smith:

Koivunen
Oct 7, 2011

there's definitely no logic
to human behaviour

TheDon01 posted:

But yeah, looking those pics in the link she definitely could be a wooly.

Did someone say woolly!?!?!

Using this as an excuse for more photo dumping. Behold, my woolly malamute.

Dug a hole in the mud and sat in it. Extra hair means extra dirt collection.

One of the cool things about having a woolly dog, you can play with their hair.

The extra hair makes for good action shots.

Psiharis
Mar 11, 2007

Psiharis posted:

Getting a home visit from this little dude tomorrow.

Sweet dog but I could tell pretty quickly that it wasn't going to lead to an adoption. He'd never been around cats and got so SUPER EXCITED that he just had to get right in their faces and bark at the top of his lungs. Then whimper and cower behind me, heartbroken, when they swatted at him in return.

It was actually hilarious how immediately rear end-over-teakettle in luuuurve he was with Fuzzball, despite several nose-swats (none of which actually connected; he whimpered pitifully anyway). One of the first things he did was to cram himself into the carrier where she likes to nap, and then spend the next hour trying to find a way past the boxes and suitcases to join her in the back of the closet.

I expected Robber to at least be intrigued by the dog, if not immediate BFFs, but nope. Just a puffy, growling ball of utter disdain. Oh well.

Aside from pissing off the cats, which was hardly the dog's fault, he snapped at my hands several times -- sometimes over food, sometimes because I touched his side while he considered himself 'busy' looking at something (:confused:), most notably when he decided that I owed him a treat and I was holding out on him. Is that a particular primitive thing or did this guy just need to learn some manners?

It was endearing when he would obey a command exactly as long as it took to get a treat, or cycle through his repertoire to see what would work (Sit? No. Hmm. What about shake? No. Lie down? Dammit, something's gotta work!) But snapping at my hand, no.

More derpy than I expected too. He was flummoxed by a closed door. A door that doesn't latch. A door that does not even have a latch, or any other door hardware, installed yet. Good news for my cat who I'm sure would figure out very quickly how to close doors, but... Really? You couldn't even figure it out by accidentally nudging it with your nose and then making the connection?

Eventually he somewhat settled down and was just starting to lay on the charm when his foster person came back to collect him. Sorry dude. I'm sure you'll make a great dog for somebody else.

Hdip
Aug 21, 2002
That derpy stuff is probably more the whippet. My brother's wife has a full breed basenji and it's pretty darn smart. Also basenji's can't bark as far as I know. They cry like a baby though.

Psiharis
Mar 11, 2007

Yeah, the barking caught me off-guard. It was one short bark at a time instead of a continuous yapfest (repeated every few seconds as long as any cat was in eyesight -- "HEY, THERE'S A CAT! HEY, THERE'S A CAT!" Yes, I know there's a cat, thank you) but definitely a bark. A really, really loud bark. I suspect this guy has something in him besides Basenji and Whippet, he seemed huge to me and was dragging me all over the house for a little while. Turning the other way only does so much good when the dog is equally happy to pull in any direction.

Mostly wondering at this point about the snapping behavior. I'd rather just get a 3rd cat than a puntable doofus dog, but I draw the line at something that is going to threaten to maul my hands over a fraction of an ounce of dessicated turkey.

e: and when I say huge I mean there was a point where I had to hoist him up like a dance-partner and waltz him through a doorway because he was in such :downs: CAAAAAT mode, and he is almost my height and goddamn dense. 40lb breed weight my rear end.

Psiharis fucked around with this message at 07:34 on Jul 9, 2013

Hij
May 29, 2005

One of many reasons I love having a Basenji: http://youtu.be/xl28h25dyww

Adama could care less about the horrific yapping and howling of the 15 tiny dogs next door. CATERPILLAR!
That noise is why I've always been a cat person in the past. And I'm still definitely not a dog person... I'm a basenji person. He may not be quiet exactly, but his grumblings and yodelings are adorable and hilarious and anything but annoying. We're looking into getting another one.

High-energy breed you say? Adama begs to differ... always the last one out of bed, every single day.

He might just be the laziest dog I've ever met

As for cats - Bob the cat is certainly his best friend

What you lookin' at?

Anyway, he's about 18 months old now and I'm SO glad we decided to get him. I was apprehensive, because... ugh, dogs. Now I'm definitely a basenji owner for life.

WolfensteinBag
Aug 7, 2003

So it was all your work?

Who wants a funny little shar pei mix with itty bitty ears? :3:

http://www.petfinder.com/petdetail/26631700

Sock Weasel
Sep 13, 2010

^ Oh my gosh. :3:

Today was Summer bath day aka Obligatory Mohawk Day for Hrafn.

Apparently he decided to just morph all the way into a hyena.

Careful Girl
Oct 15, 2012

The Money Cat can...
So much cuteness and fluffiness in this thread, gosh :kimchi:

Sock Weasel: Hrafn is gorgeous! (although certainly not looking very pleased at the bath).

Hij: Adama's fur looks amazing. I love how shiny it is <3

WolfensteinBag
Aug 7, 2003

So it was all your work?

Anyone looking to adopt a former sled dog?
http://m.piquenewsmagazine.com/whistler/whistler-sled-dog-co-folds-operations/Content?oid=2464782
The company that took in the remaining dogs after that terrible "culling" incident awhile ago is folding, now they need to place 86 dogs. The contact information is in the link.

Ponyfields
Nov 2, 2011
I don't know if any of you guys are interested, but one of the Shikoku breeders I've been looking into is has set up a puppy cam for his kennel's first litter. The puppies are due any day now, and I thought I'd share the link Shikoku Ken Puppy Cam.

Edit: Aaaaand she's giving birth right now. Puppy number 5 is on the way.
Edit 2: Sumi had 6 puppies, all healthy and wriggly :)

Ponyfields fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Jul 16, 2013

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME
Photos of my mom's dog :toot:

She's got four small paws

and a heart pumping blood

and some arthritic legs with a busted

kneecap

the world shiiiiiiines
as we cross my mom's property line

her name is Georgia
wooo hoo hoo

...Do you even care about this photoshoot, dog?

9-ish, Chow/??? or BYB Chow.

HEY GUNS fucked around with this message at 07:25 on Jul 17, 2013

adventure in the sandbox
Nov 24, 2005

Things change

WolfensteinBag posted:

Anyone looking to adopt a former sled dog?
http://m.piquenewsmagazine.com/whistler/whistler-sled-dog-co-folds-operations/Content?oid=2464782
The company that took in the remaining dogs after that terrible "culling" incident awhile ago is folding, now they need to place 86 dogs. The contact information is in the link.

86 aging working huskies :smith: I don't know tons about sled dog-type huskies, but this seems terribly sad. Where are they going to go?

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer

adventure in the sandbox posted:

86 aging working huskies :smith: I don't know tons about sled dog-type huskies, but this seems terribly sad. Where are they going to go?
I worked back home in Alaska to try to get sled dogs to the point where they could be pets when lovely mushers just left them at the pound; generally if they're just coming off the dog lot they are not at all the sort of dog that the average person could handle as a pet. If they don't go to other lots or if there's not a fairly concentrated rehabilitation effort and they go to a normal animal shelter, I'd say the prospects are fairly grim :smith:

WolfensteinBag
Aug 7, 2003

So it was all your work?

They had a rescue take them in, and they're going to evaluate them and grade them on difficulty of training. Then they'll be placed accordingly! The people running it know the dogs are going to take extra to acclimate to home life, like racing greys, and it's already going through the husky rescue circuit, that's where I found the link. I'm guessing most, if not all, will find homes or fosters! :)

dupersaurus
Aug 1, 2012

Futurism was an art movement where dudes were all 'CARS ARE COOL AND THE PAST IS FOR CHUMPS. LET'S DRAW SOME CARS.'
My parents had a husky before I was born and while I was too young to really remember him, huskies are still my favorite (although I'm not crazy enough to get one). The story goes that they went into the pet store, my mom dead-set on not getting anything, but somehow she was conned into the puppy room with him. Her heart was melted when he looked up at her and did his best puppy "aroooo".

With that said, my dad posted on facebook a puppy picture of him.

Yana :3:

WolfensteinBag
Aug 7, 2003

So it was all your work?

Here, please enjoy this video of Buddy cleaning up:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151576628641989

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

adventure in the sandbox
Nov 24, 2005

Things change

WolfensteinBag posted:

Here, please enjoy this video of Buddy cleaning up:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151576628641989

Good boy Buddy :3:

He looks so soft and furry. It makes me miss the Akita coat my old dog had. GSDs just aren't the same *sigh*

• Locked thread