Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

remind me why right-wing retards hate the UN again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

syscall girl posted:

that description of being a lutheran with no political views makes him sound like the mr. rogers of bidya games

so yeah

also actively dislikes discussing business decisions and corporate politics and anything like that

he sounds like a rad guy to have a nice cup of hot chamomile tea with and talk about trade route mechanics without having a capitalism boner

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

think I recall no child left behind messed up a lot of things for the us?

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

EMILY BLUNTS posted:

think I recall no child left behind messed up a lot of things for the us?

it did but the parts he objects to are the parts that help minorities

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

Sweevo posted:

they think the UN is a world government with actual authority over something and you know how they feel about "big gov't"

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

I hate to say it but John Carmack is officially an awful person

Heresiarch
Oct 6, 2005

Literature is not exhaustible, for the sufficient and simple reason that no single book is. A book is not an isolated being: it is a relationship, an axis of innumerable relationships.
everyone is awful, learn as little as possible about the people you respect because they will turn out to be awful too

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

Heresiarch posted:

everyone is awful, learn as little as possible about the people you respect because they will turn out to be awful too

truer words have never been spoken

maybe the phrase "yospos... bitch"

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Sweevo posted:

one world government

antichrist

poo poo i didn't get raptured wtf

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Al! posted:

DIA: You're an immigrant (and former illegal immigrant) yourself. Why are you so passionately anti-immigration?

to be fair wouldn't you want to keep more terrible people like him out? makes u think

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Heresiarch posted:

mr rogers and the rock and hines ward are cool :3:

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Heresiarch posted:

everyone is awful but some people are more awful than others - george orwell, 1984

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

graph posted:

mr rogers and the rock and hines ward are cool :3:
mr. rogers is dead though

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
reminder that the majority of the support for Israel from conservatives doesn't come from them thinking the Jewish people have been historically wronged (they have) and deserve a homeland, but because fundamentalist Christian conservatives believe Israel needs to exist for the rapture to happen; they are literal doom cultists

and also they actually don't like jews; they only accept them since they sorta come with the package for Israel

Fabricated fucked around with this message at 05:37 on Jul 17, 2013

ahmeni
May 1, 2005

It's one continuous form where hardware and software function in perfect unison, creating a new generation of iPhone that's better by any measure.
Grimey Drawer

Fabricated posted:

reminder that the majority of the support for Israel from conservatives doesn't come from them thinking the Jewish people have been historically wronged (they have) and deserve a homeland, but because fundamentalist Christian conservatives believe Israel needs to exist for the rapture to happen; they are literal doom cultists

and also they actually don't like jews; they only accept them since they sorta come with the package for Israel

lol at these non monetary reasons you idiot
nobody smart enough to get elected gives an actual poo poo about religion other than pandering
the relationship with Israel might have something a little more to do with the 25+ billion dollars worth of stuff America trades with them a year

ahmeni fucked around with this message at 11:18 on Jul 17, 2013

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

designer of the lomarf car

Buglord

Sham bam bamina! posted:

beef jerky energy drinks

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

ahmeni posted:

nobody smart enough to get elected gives an actual poo poo about religion other than pandering

reagan genuinely believed the rapture was going to happen during his presidency.
bush II practically started WW3 because god told him to

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Fabricated posted:

i can't remember who coined the phrase but they were a genius and now i always refer to the third temple as "the jesus trap" for its role in loony dispensationalist fantasies

(this ignores that if the third temple is built by the jews as prophesised by ezekiel it proves jesus wasn't the messiah and every single christian is going straight to hell, so welp)

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise

Sweevo posted:

it costs money, does nothing, and lets those uppity minorities yell at the US when the US does really loving awful things

even though they dont actually enforce anything the US doesnt like being told to stop being aggressive

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

Fabricated posted:

they prefer jews, who they imagine as almost all white, to the rest of the middle east, who they imagine as obviously not white and all being fundamentalists. no, the wrong kind.

reminder that people in power in israel have stated that they want it to be "a white israel"

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

I'll eat your fucking eyeballs if you're not careful

Grimey Drawer
hey guys, give us your worthless fiat currency to fund a movie starring bitcoins

why the gently caress are bitcoins still a thing

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

because none of them has bothered to look up fiat currency and realize they've made a horrible mistake

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

ahmeni posted:

michelle bachmann

CraigK
Nov 4, 2008

by exmarx

favorite thing in the forums' history. any time i think about slacking off and getting mcdonalds four times a week, i just read that thread

quote:

I just wanted to get some feedback from you guys on my breakfast. For the past week or two my breakfast has consisted of three slices of bacon, and then eggs and cheese scrambled in the same pan that the bacon was in with all the grease. Should I be emptying the grease out before I make it, or is it alright to leave in there? It makes my eggs taste so much better.

quote:

My breakfast for the past month has been four-six scrambled eggs (normally made the Ramsey way) and four-six pieces of bacon. This morning though, I was in a bit of a hurry so I decided to just scramble my eggs in the left over bacon grease like I used to love to do. Holy poo poo, it just doesn't compare anymore.

quote:

Thanks for all the advice! Today was my first day eating more, and since I worked out in the morning I ate 5 eggs mixed with 1 tbsp of butter and 2 tbsp of cream cheese, 4 pieces of bacon, and 2 oz of peanuts for breakfast. Then for lunch I ate a pound of steak along with a huge bowl of spinich, and I think I'll have some bacon wrapped meatloaf for dinner. I freaking love low carb dieting. It's so delicious.

quote:

I've been running a bit low on money recently, but want to keep up my low carb ways. How terrible would it be for me to eat nothing but peanut butter, eggs, bacon, and hot dogs for the next two or three weeks?

quote:

Holy poo poo. I just got my results back from the doctor. Keep in mind I'm a 21 year old male that's 6'0 and 165 lbs.

Total Cholesterol: 380
HDL: 69
Triglycerides: 91
LDL: 293
CHOL/HDLC ratio: 5.5

He wants to start me on 40mg crestor. How hosed am I goons?

CraigK
Nov 4, 2008

by exmarx
also my brilliant weight loss plan a year or so back was "develop pneumonia", lost 15 pounds on that bitch

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

eh scrambling eggs in bacon grease is a one weird tip for a delicious breakfast

doing it every loving day is a one weird tip to literally die

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
my old roommate was a jewish girl from jersey and when we moved in together she asked me what the hell was the substance in the pyrex measuring cup in the fridge

since i'm a nice southern boy i asked her how she expected to make cornbread without a store of bacon grease in the fridge

she visibly shuddered

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Dead Inside Darwin posted:

eh scrambling eggs in bacon grease is a one weird tip for a delicious breakfast

this is so loving delicious and its so easy to clean the pan afterwords

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA

CraigK posted:

also my brilliant weight loss plan a year or so back was "develop pneumonia", lost 15 pounds on that bitch

mono was my best diet ever, pneumonia second-most

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag
salmonella's pretty good, but messy

b0red
Apr 3, 2013

i prefer the age old classic tapeworm

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

not getting sick and just getting off my rear end supremacy

eat poo poo antibiotic havers

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

another great alternative is to just have great genes and eating and exercising habits and not gain weight in the first place. has anyone else tried this diet plan?

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
smoking is p pro as an appetite suppressant

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag

dur posted:

another great alternative is to just have great genes and eating and exercising habits and not gain weight in the first place. has anyone else tried this diet plan?

pffttt nobody here has tried that, we are all posting on the comedy computer forum instead of being astronauts or some poo poo

Otaku Alpha Male
Nov 11, 2012

bitches get ~tsundere~ when I pull out my katana

ty for this

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

oh so you're genes make you thin??lets meet up in 15 years and see who's laughing

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

why would i bother having to pay attention to what i eat, i have GOOD GENES

*dies of diabetes in 10 years*

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Dr. Honked posted:

pffttt nobody here has tried that, we are all posting on the comedy computer forum instead of being astronauts or some poo poo

fyi astronauts are paid exactly dick and no one wants to be one now for a few reasons

But before you polish up your resume, NASA isn't loosening its standards. You must have at least a bachelor's degree – most astronauts have a master's or a doctorate – in engineering, biological science, physical science or math. You must learn Russian, but be a U.S. citizen. You must know basic physics. Being a medical doctor or a teacher helps. You must have vision that can be corrected to 20/20, no high blood pressure and be between 5 foot 2 inches and 6 foot 3 inches.

Given these tight requirements, NASA will still probably get 3,000 qualified applicants, Kavandi said. The job pays between $64,700 and $141,700.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
plus you get to go to space

• Locked thread