Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doodles
Apr 14, 2001

ErrantSystems posted:

I'm totally down for this, just need to figure out when and such. It also seems like the rewards are a little flaky for everyone but the MAN user (could be wrong but I only got rewards from first run I did yesterday and none for the rest) so it may not be worth it to do a ton, just enough to get everyone who has a MAN their hat or whatever.
I've got a MAN and two extra cells to load it with if it doesn't work on the first try. I'd love to get rid of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Oh, it's true. You are Brock Landers!
Salad Prong

Doodles posted:

I've got a MAN and two extra cells to load it with if it doesn't work on the first try. I'd love to get rid of them.

Is a MAN single use or is it reusable like the melding keys.

Av027
Aug 27, 2003
Qowned.
^^ the MAN is reusable, but the cells are not ^^

Rhonyn Peacemaker posted:

my battleframe has been running at like half speed for like...2 weeks now. ticket has been in the same status for 8 days and it was not even touched for like 3 days before that.

Its been loving brutal.

Might not be of any use, but I had a thumper part stuck to my back 8 or 9 months ago. Had picked it up right as someone else fixed the thumper. Wouldn't go away, even on relog as I recall, but I could definitely see it was there, so it may not be the same thing. I think I remember the thing that fixed it, which was getting killed. So, if you haven't gone that route yet, might be worth a shot.

And if you want to go the extra mile, duel a Nighthawk, have them headshot you with execute shot, and turn you into tiny little chunks.

Av027 fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Jul 17, 2013

ErrantSystems
Jul 5, 2009

Nalin posted:

Only the person who uses the MAN gets the huge resource rewards. Everybody else gets things like Baneclaw plates and whatnot.

Yeah I know, I got two plates (green/blue) my first run along with some resources, but for the two (or was it 3?) after that I got all of like 32 Xenografts and 64 Radine or some stupid thing. I think I did get the 35k xp for each run though.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Man, I love the engineer deployables but I dislike the grenade launcher. Can I replace that with another primary later on, or am I stuck with it?

MadHat
Mar 31, 2011

poptart_fairy posted:

Man, I love the engineer deployables but I dislike the grenade launcher. Can I replace that with another primary later on, or am I stuck with it?

Well you could use one of the Advanced Engineers [Bastion/Electron] for their Primaries and just sub in the Accord Abilities.

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!

poptart_fairy posted:

While playing the Accord Engineer I see a lot of people use the regular grenade launcher secondary since it detonates as soon as it hits something instead of feeling like you have to que up a bunch of stickies. Another popular option is an assault rifle. If you're standing on your supply station, you can pretty much just spray and pray with either weapon.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Yeah, decided to just experiment with the Dreadnaught for a while instead. Not a big fan of grenade launchers in any form - giant machine guns used by maniacal, psychopathic British women however... :black101:

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
Research/craft Turret Mode and Absorption Bomb. They're amazing.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
I need to get my head around the crafting system first. :v:

Really though, at the moment my two big issues with the game are how "floaty" combat feels (there's no real sense of impact with your weapons, and enemies springing into existence without any animation is just a dick move...) and the terrible, awful quick travel system. I know lets not indicate how long it'll be until a drop ship arrives and make movement speed sluggish by default.

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!

poptart_fairy posted:

I need to get my head around the crafting system first. :v:

Really though, at the moment my two big issues with the game are how "floaty" combat feels (there's no real sense of impact with your weapons, and enemies springing into existence without any animation is just a dick move...) and the terrible, awful quick travel system. I know lets not indicate how long it'll be until a drop ship arrives and make movement speed sluggish by default.

There's an addon that shows the schedule of the dropships, but the bugs with the dropships are still being worked out. More often than not, they're off practicing barrel rolls in the melding than doing their job.

I've seen the aranha and chosen have a spawn animation, but it isn't much of one. I can't relate to the sense of floatiness. When I shoot things, their blood splatters against the wall behind them or they blow up, or get thrown across the room depending on the frame I'm playing.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
I dunno, it's hard to describe really. It feels like everything is sliding along the floor and my guns are just lasers that drain hitpoints. The sound is great, but I don't really feel like gun and hapless target are really interacting with each other or the world.

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
Play Assault. Dreads don't do a lot of damage per shot, but they do a lot of shots. When I first played the stock dread, I felt like a walking DoT. Assault hits hard per hit. It's very gratifying.

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1
That being said, I started with dread and recently opened mammoth, and it's kind of fun to go back to a "hold down fire button for 10 minutes occasionally finding enemies to point it at" style, as goofy as it is. It's less than a second to spin up the gun, but I have so many bullets, gently caress it :)

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Well, I tried my engineer again after doing a bit of reading on the crafting system and learned two things:

1.) When being chased by an entire Chosen strike force, it's hilarious to get full HKM meter then slap down a shield and the manned turret. They can't damage you but you sure as hell can hurt them.

2.) The "sophisticated" voice for women is absolutely insane. "THIS is BLOODY BRILLIANT :byodood:"

MS Paint
Sep 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Dev that attempted to test my character further couldn't because of security restrictions placed on the character by their techops team? :wtc:

Ticket placed on hold till next week.

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Salad Prong

Dev that attempted to test my character further couldn't because of security restrictions placed on the character by their techops team? :wtc:

Blackops of the tech world. To admit their existence is a crime punishable by death.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

Hopefully we will see you again by August.

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1
Raneman took our group into a tornado melding pocket, during which I crashed out to the login screen. Now I keep trying to log in with my zone set to Melding Pocket, and it fails and kicks me back to login.

Bascially, Raneman killed me.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Is it worth upgrading through the tiers of equipment or just saving up and going straight for the higher ones?

Raneman
Dec 24, 2010

by T. Finninho

glug posted:

Raneman took our group into a tornado melding pocket, during which I crashed out to the login screen. Now I keep trying to log in with my zone set to Melding Pocket, and it fails and kicks me back to login.

Bascially, Raneman killed me.

I died too, it was a murder-suicide with 3 goon casualties, plus untold amounts of pubbies.

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Salad Prong

poptart_fairy posted:

Is it worth upgrading through the tiers of equipment or just saving up and going straight for the higher ones?

Personally I have spent a lot of time at t3 because the grind to t4 and equipment for t4 can get really expensive.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

xxEightxx posted:

Personally I have spent a lot of time at t3 because the grind to t4 and equipment for t4 can get really expensive.

Well, I guess I'm more talking T1/2/3 at the moment, Mr Richy Rich Wealthy. :colbert:

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1
T2 is somewhat worth skipping because you need 50 of some kind of DNA for every piece of T2/3/4 equipment you make, so you won't be decking yourself out in a full set of anything.

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1

Raneman posted:

I died too, it was a murder-suicide with 3 goon casualties, plus untold amounts of pubbies.

Actually, no you straight hosed me. I created a new account and can play fine. But I cannot log in at all now (to copa apparently) with my main account.

You killed me.

DAVE!!!(c)(tm)
Feb 22, 2003
Unless there are ways to obtain a lot of Cy a lot quicker than I am, I'm going to be stuck in stock gear forever. I am a notorious poopsocker, but this is almost too much for me.

Lemon King
Oct 4, 2009

im nt posting wif a mark on my head

poptart_fairy posted:

Well, I guess I'm more talking T1/2/3 at the moment, Mr Richy Rich Wealthy. :colbert:

I used T1 items I found and crafted T2 gear since it was a rather large upgrade for me.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Yeah, looking into the crafting a bit more I didn't quite grasp the quality thing...oops! Oh well. I'll just make up for it tomorrow and get some more CY in, then start putting T2 weaponry together. I just don't wanna be stuck shooting bugs, I guess.

honestly, the game will really benefit from a much better and more transparent tutorial. It tells you to do stuff but not why or, in a lot of cases, how.

poptart_fairy fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Jul 18, 2013

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1
Lemon, do I just put in a ticket and wait around?
#61440 Cannot log in
Submitted 34 minutes ago
Awaiting assignment to a support agent

Also Raneman, you straight killed a man, I hope you are happy and learned your lesson about tornado pockets.

Raneman
Dec 24, 2010

by T. Finninho
This wouldn't be the first time I permakilled some Goons' MMO characters.

EDIT: Just checked the account support forums, seems like we are not alone here.

Raneman fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Jul 18, 2013

MS Paint
Sep 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Nalin posted:

Hopefully we will see you again by August.

Meanwhile I will post re-written hitler speeches on the firefall forums in reply to terrible pubbie suggestions.

Lemon King
Oct 4, 2009

im nt posting wif a mark on my head

glug posted:

Lemon, do I just put in a ticket and wait around?
#61440 Cannot log in
Submitted 34 minutes ago
Awaiting assignment to a support agent

There is a thread about login issues on the forums, so I assume someone knows.
https://twitter.com/FirefallSupport/status/357955336054915072

Raneman
Dec 24, 2010

by T. Finninho
I think it may have fixed itself, I am currently loading.

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!

poptart_fairy posted:

Keep in mind that you can allocate extra power to non stock gear to make them more hurtier. It only affects damage output, not durations or anything. 5% per tier so a T4 gun is doing roughly 200% more damage over stock AND gets a 20% damage boost from power allocation. It really makes a difference.

Going from Stock to T1 is noticeable. From T1 to T2 is noticable again. All the way up to T4 where you really start to think it's so overpowered, it's broken.

Spend 100-500cy on a weapon in the Market and see how much of a difference it makes. It only has 1000 points of durability unless it's a player crafted item (which you won't find for that cheap) but you will get an idea of how fast things scale up. Better yet, do the basic research and unlock a T1 weapon to make. That'll last a lot longer and you can emphasize the stats you want. Plus, the constraint costs will be lower than stock so you may find yourself moving faster once you replace all your stock gear.

Level up Mass on your frames. Mass = movement speed.

In similar news, my chosen laser hmg III finally died (thanks lag) and I was pleasantly surprised that I had a blue IV from a BWA run already in inventory.

Ho

Lee

poo poo

That thing is amazing. It's as accurate as a Needler rifle but with a 500+ round clip and hits for 271 a shot. Chosen strike teams don't just melt, they go directly from a solid to a gas.

Those who want to make money fast should really join an ARES team. I keep saying this and I'll say it some more. Chosen are made of money. I pulled in ~500cy from killing a strike team. About the same recapturing a tower. Missions give out anywhere from 500-1000cy if there's enough Chosen there, not to mention the reward for actually completing the mission. The only way to make money faster is to just run around opening supply crates. They usually have about 100cy per crate.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Yeah, I grabbed myself a T1 SMG and some leg running improving speed thingies and have already noticed a fairly decent difference. Going to get myself a shotgun and T1 versions of all my other stuff sometime tomorrow.

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
Secondary weapons are nice and all, but the big game changers are the primary weapon, plating (chosen plating usually has a significant improvement in max hp at the expense of regen), and jump jets. Try some cheap Recovered Jump Jets if you can find a usable set on the market.

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1

Inimicul posted:

That thing is amazingsublime. It's as accurate as a Needler rifle but with a 500+ round clip and hits for 271 a shot. Chosen strike teams don't just melt, they go directly from a solid to a gas.

Sublimation is the process of converting a chosen strike team directly to radine, so I recommend sublime as your adjective here.

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
Renaming my character to Full Crystite Alchemist.

precedence
Jun 28, 2010

Inimicul posted:

Renaming my character to Full Crystite Alchemist.

i'm not sure if i love this or think it's really dumb, or some combination of the two. And what all is DNA used on? i haven't had to use any for my tigerclaw that is mostly the stock assault with a fusion cannon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gadzuko
Feb 14, 2005
I can't open inventory or any vendor windows, it gives me a mouse cursor like it's open but there's no window there. I can't submit a bug about it because the submit bug interface doesn't open either :( /rui and restarting the program haven't helped so far.

• Locked thread