Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Protocol 5
Sep 23, 2004

"I can't wait until cancer inevitably chokes the life out of Curt Schilling."
Some heretofore unknown changes to enemies:
Gil- enemies will take headshot damage.
Spar- enemy weakpoints will be easier to hit
Crabatas will guard less often for less time, take more damage to weakpoint, and take more damage while shocked
Tranmizer/Tranzexia claw swipes will have hit box and hit detection tuned to match animations correctly

Also, the shortcut floor switches in area 2 of the Lillipa TA will have longer timers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Confirmation, you get a totally functional second character slot, so you can delete and remake with no issues, it's not just a once off creation ticket. Go hog wild!

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
Oh wow, I had no idea that Episode 2 was so close.

I wonder what the Vegas odds are on them releasing Ep 1 in its entirety stateside. :shepface:

U NO WUT IM SAIYAN
Jan 26, 2003

by angerbeet
One year later, this is pretty funny.

http://blogs.sega.com/2012/07/09/phantasy-star-online-2-is-coming-west/

Protocol 5
Sep 23, 2004

Unit equip requirements got slashed by a huge amount. Boss unit sets only require 360 DEF, for example. Braver is somewhat DEX-based, in that it has a skill that gives you a percent of your Mag's DEX bonus to both S-ATK and R-ATK.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

make sure to do arks road if you're making a new character braver, one of the rewards is a starting bow with pretty darn good stats and panic IV

U NO WUT IM SAIYAN
Jan 26, 2003

by angerbeet
Found the keys to my old account (Lv11 Hunter from over a year ago) and logged in, turned braver and did some client order that sent me from Lv2 to Lv9. Now to find some weapons I can use and remember how to play the game.

Where do I find you jerks?

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Handgun Harlot posted:

Found the keys to my old account (Lv11 Hunter from over a year ago) and logged in, turned braver and did some client order that sent me from Lv2 to Lv9. Now to find some weapons I can use and remember how to play the game.

b20, of course

Protocol 5
Sep 23, 2004

Tengames posted:

make sure to do arks road if you're making a new character braver, one of the rewards is a starting bow with pretty darn good stats and panic IV

It's actually an all class bow, too, so worth getting if you're going use the class at all.

Edit: Just remembered to check Dudu to see if new latent abilities got added, and the Ruins weapons got Immortal Fang. gently caress yes.
Edit 2: ADV boss units only require 500 DEF, making them actually usable.

Protocol 5 fucked around with this message at 11:00 on Jul 17, 2013

AndyAML
Jul 24, 2006

HEY BASS WHY MUST I FIGHT YOU WE ARE NOT ENEMIES

Handgun Harlot posted:

If you're still using your character from Ship 9, none of the SA players are there anymore, barring myself. Everyone's moved to Ship 2 instead.

Braver seems pretty fun so far. Katana Gear is pretty great and will definitely be helpful against bosses, and it's much easier to get started off now that you're not sitting around doing emergency codes for 200 exp while waiting for the next client order to unlock.

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

I wish we would just get a straight answer already. Or hell, anything. The silence sucks.

floatman
Mar 17, 2009
Seems like while under the effect of Katana combat, you can try to change weapons but you can't attack, instead being stuck with your katana still.

U NO WUT IM SAIYAN
Jan 26, 2003

by angerbeet

AndyAML posted:

If you're still using your character from Ship 9, none of the SA players are there anymore, barring myself. Everyone's moved to Ship 2 instead.

Braver seems pretty fun so far. Katana Gear is pretty great and will definitely be helpful against bosses, and it's much easier to get started off now that you're not sitting around doing emergency codes for 200 exp while waiting for the next client order to unlock.

I have two accounts, so I booted up my Ship 2 character. Block 20 was full though, so I just played with pubbies.

Protocol 5
Sep 23, 2004

I've been messing around with Braver, and enjoy it so far. Katana dish out a ton of damage very fast, while Bullet Bows have a bunch of crazy PAs that do cool stuff, like a fast charged homing shot, a gravity shot that sucks dudes in at the point of impact then explodes, or launching yourself off the bow then somehow carrying it with you and bodychecking for high damage. Seems like it has excellent subclass potential as well, since Weak Stance has a similar damage boost to Brave Stance and it boosts all damage types. FiBr in particular will shred the gently caress out of bosses by DAing weakpoints, and RaBr are going to be scary too.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Okay, the new additions to Gunner's skill tree are nuts.

The last one on the Stylish Roll line gives you a 200% damage bonus on anything you JA out of a roll. If you choose a hard-hitting photon art it pushes your damage through the goddamn roof.

Protocol 5
Sep 23, 2004

That's totally badass, and a much needed boost for Gunners.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Protocol 5 posted:

That's totally badass, and a much needed boost for Gunners.

It's completely game-changing because it stacks with literally everything you have.

If you JA off a roll and the target you're hitting is a Chain Finish, you get 2.0 times 1.35 times the base damage. If that was Weak Bulleted, multiply by three. The numbers popping out from properly-marked targets are eye-poppingly large. It takes gunners from "fun but sometimes a bit weak" to "hits like a loving truck."

edit - should also mention that it multiplies with Zero Range Advance, so if you're in close you'll do tens of thousands

Kessel fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Jul 17, 2013

Protocol 5
Sep 23, 2004

Quick note: to change the class of your support partner, equip them with a weapon from the class you want them to be and they'll switch automatically.

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
<----------------------------

Protocol 5 posted:

Quick note: to change the class of your support partner, equip them with a weapon from the class you want them to be and they'll switch automatically.

what happens when you give them a Talis? (I just gave mine a gunslash before logging off, but I don't think I checked it's class)

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

Kessel posted:

Okay, the new additions to Gunner's skill tree are nuts.

The last one on the Stylish Roll line gives you a 200% damage bonus on anything you JA out of a roll. If you choose a hard-hitting photon art it pushes your damage through the goddamn roof.

Welp, should have maxed that when using my skill reset today. Everytime I use one I regret it immediately.

Protocol 5
Sep 23, 2004

NextTime000 posted:

what happens when you give them a Talis? (I just gave mine a gunslash before logging off, but I don't think I checked it's class)

Haven't tried, but based on the way the weapon training COs are grouped, I'd imagine Gunlash defaults to Ranger and Talis defaults to Force. AI never throws a Talis, so it's kind of pointless to equip one on a partner character anyway.

Umberger
Jan 24, 2010
I took a short break before Episode 2 (also Steam sale and summer semester). Just saw this on PSOW, caused by Namegid (drops from Haze Draal apparently):

Ho. Lee. poo poo.

Anyone care to comment on the new TECHNICs? I'm curious.

Miijhal
Jul 10, 2011

I am so tired... I am so tired all the time...
So Fo/Te and Te/Fo are officially the most insanely broken classes in the game now. I know Sega is bad at balance but Namegid is a bit much.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Miijhal posted:

So Fo/Te and Te/Fo are officially the most insanely broken classes in the game now. I know Sega is bad at balance but Namegid is a bit much.

make that te/fi. Muscle wizards reign supreme :black101:

Miijhal
Jul 10, 2011

I am so tired... I am so tired all the time...
It kinda sucks. I mean, they almost had something resembling balance going on. A decent buff to Techer and Gunner would have made all seven classes pretty well off. Some serious tweaking with traps, a boost to most of the PAs and Technics to put them on par with things like Deadly Archer, an overhaul of the Ice tree, an overhaul of the Guard Stance tree, and a bit more variety in elemental weaknesses and enemy behaviour would have made things really well off.

As of now it looks like Fighter and Hunter are trash, Ranger is a weak shot slave, Gunner is kinda decent?, and Force and Techer are the only classes you should ever main.

Miijhal fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Jul 17, 2013

U NO WUT IM SAIYAN
Jan 26, 2003

by angerbeet
Um Katanas fairly rule. I'm not a fan of Bows just yet, though. My ship 9 char is much higher level so maybe it'll be better to start with Braver.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Miijhal posted:

It kinda sucks. I mean, they almost had something resembling balance going on. A decent buff to Techer and Gunner would have made all seven classes pretty well off. Some serious tweaking with traps, a boost to most of the PAs and Technics to put them on par with things like Deadly Archer, an overhaul of the Ice tree, an overhaul of the Guard Stance tree, and a bit more variety in elemental weaknesses and enemy behaviour would have made things really well off.

As of now it looks like Fighter and Hunter are trash, Ranger is a weak shot slave, Gunner is kinda decent?, and Force and Techer are the only classes you should ever main.

Its been broken as poo poo since day one. and in a way its kinda balanced in its brokenness.

Hunter's damage boosts since the buff, stacked with fighters leads to some pretty insane damage from deadly archer and over end.
Gunners and rangers do ludicrous damage to weakpoints, have weakbullet and launchers, and now gunner has even more buffs to power itself.
Force and techers have been able to pretty much wipe out mobs from the sart, and zondeel with territory burst makes wiping out an entire spawn in a few single attacks realy easy.

You can be a murder machine regardless of class,but there's no pvp so all that matters is how much fun your having killing bosses with it.

Surprise Noodle
Aug 25, 2011
Um, guys? I haven't used it personally (because dropping from Haze Draal is total bullshit), but I'm pretty sure you guys are overreacting to Namegid a bit here. From what I understand, you hold the button down to charge it, and the longer you charge, the more damage it does. That may have been one enormous hit, bit it was probably the result of charging the tech for like 5 whole seconds, expending PP the entire time.

Note: I might be completely wrong about this!

ttocs7
Sep 14, 2010
If I bought a hairstyle ticket and redeemed it, is it cross-account, cross-character?

I'm considering exploring a bit with my second char slot and rerolling, but I've already dropped a fair bit of meseta on the hairstyle for it (which I'd re-use).

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
Unless they changed how charging for Namegid works, pretty sure it's just a flat damage boost with a charge cap.
Also you forgot or never knew that ALL of the 6* PAs drop from rare bosses or mobs.

Speaking of the new techs. Which ones drop from which enemy?

Anything that isn't Room or Lobby Action is character bound.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Surprise Noodle posted:

but I'm pretty sure you guys are overreacting to Namegid a bit here.
<snip>
Note: I might be completely wrong about this!

You are wrong. That's a ridiculous amount of damage, WB or not.

Umberger
Jan 24, 2010

kirbysuperstar posted:

I have no idea what Namegid even does, or how practical it is to use, but keep in mind too that he is attacking a poisoned Quartz Dragon's weak point in addition to it being WB'd. The modifier is very high.

Also no word on how heavily invested in the Dark tree of Techer this person is/was.

Aenslaed
Mar 29, 2004
Nonfactor

Umberger posted:

I have no idea what Namegid even does, or how practical it is to use, but keep in mind too that he is attacking a poisoned Quartz Dragon's weak point in addition to it being WB'd. The modifier is very high.

Also no word on how heavily invested in the Dark tree of Techer this person is/was.

Without the WB, ignoring its a poisoned nose, that hit is still in excess of 50k. Granted that while a single Deadly Archer can do that, its way way more than what Force has at it's disposal for a singular hit prior to now.

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

I think I'm in love with bows, Br/Ra might be in my future.

Dawnfire
Aug 25, 2011

Bork Bork!
Do we happen to know how Braver Mag works, exactly?

At 5 points it says 50% of dex on your mag is converted into S-atk and R-atk, but I'm told it may actually be split a second time in the process. As in, 100 dex on your mag would become 25 in s-atk and r-atk. Which would make the skill rather junky.

Oh the other hand, it'd be pretty good if it worked at only the single split. Getting a full dex mag to help with braver equips and the minor bonuses associated with the stat and 87 (I assume it'd round down) in both s-rtk and r-atk would be real nice mileage out of your mag.

Dawnfire fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Jul 18, 2013

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
<----------------------------
http://psumods.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=206 english patch updated again, it had some things messed up in translation due to their scramble, but it should be much better now

Protocol 5
Sep 23, 2004

Aenslaed posted:

Without the WB, ignoring its a poisoned nose, that hit is still in excess of 50k. Granted that while a single Deadly Archer can do that, its way way more than what Force has at it's disposal for a singular hit prior to now.

It appears to be hitting for 500K, which seems a bit excessive for a single hit.

Whether or not it's unbalanced really depends on how long the guy had to charge it to do that much damage. The Japanese wiki says it won't actually do max damage unless charged 6-7 seconds, which is a very long time to be at reduced movement speed and unable to evade. So considering the risk involved with being interrupted and losing 60 PP, and the not all that outrageous overall DPS, I think it's a bit premature to sound the death knell for all other classes.

Mewnie
Apr 2, 2011

clean dogge
is a
happy dogge
Posted this in IRC, but putting here because finding gems like this in Free Partners is the greatest thing ever.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

ttocs7 posted:

If I bought a hairstyle ticket and redeemed it, is it cross-account, cross-character?

I'm considering exploring a bit with my second char slot and rerolling, but I've already dropped a fair bit of meseta on the hairstyle for it (which I'd re-use).

hairstyle and accessory tickets are per-character, lobby action tickets are per-account,

and for those wondering, your mini partner can use any accesories your character has obtained.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Surprise Noodle
Aug 25, 2011

kirbysuperstar posted:

So I am. I misread it as 50k, not 500k. :sbahj:

• Locked thread