Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
I think it was Zeman that gave an interview a few months ago talking about how ridiculously rampant doping in Serie A was (and is). Apparently it goes all the way back to Inter in the 60's.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lets go swimming
Sep 6, 2012

EAT THE CHEESE, NICHOLSON!
The whole thing's up here in Dutch

http://www.publiekeomroep.nl/artikelen/andere-tijden-sport--6

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
No surprise there, Juventus were ridiculous in the 90s.

Makes that 99 semi final even sweeter though :smug:

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
There was quite a lot of doping the mid to late 90s.

Olympique Marseille were systematically doping all their players, and several of the danish players that were in Italy in the 80s and 90s said that they had been given "vitamin supplements" by team doctors without being told what it was.

edit: it wasn't just EPO either, quite a lot of Nandrolone going around. The Nandrolone seems like it was more the dutch players than anything else though. Edgar Davids, Jaap Stam and Frank de Boer all got busted for that at one point.

MrBling fucked around with this message at 19:01 on May 27, 2013

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Marseilles literally bought matches so doping is actually a notch down on the cheating scale.

Bernard Tapie ahhhh

Cabal Ties
Feb 28, 2004
Yam Slacker
http://www.4dfoot.com/2013/02/09/doping-in-football-fifty-years-of-evidence/

Good little roundup of the last years of doping in football.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
You would have to be absolutely stupid if you think teams like United, Bayern, Barcelona, Milan, etc do not have any involvement whatsoever in doping activities. They are multi-million (in some cases, billion) major global sporting franchises with players expected to play on massive contracts for audiences of hundreds of millions of people. Of course they loving dope, just like every other major sport.

It's really obvious, but the sport gets massive protection because it's the most popular in the world. It always makes me laugh when people genuinely go 'hm I wonder how Terry, Giggs, Lampard and others manage to play so well for their age?'.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
I wonder how many roids it would take to make Pato functional.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

You would have to be absolutely stupid if you think teams like United, Bayern, Barcelona, Milan, etc do not have any involvement whatsoever in doping activities. They are multi-million (in some cases, billion) major global sporting franchises with players expected to play on massive contracts for audiences of hundreds of millions of people. Of course they loving dope, just like every other major sport.

It's really obvious, but the sport gets massive protection because it's the most popular in the world. It always makes me laugh when people genuinely go 'hm I wonder how Terry, Giggs, Lampard and others manage to play so well for their age?'.

Terry's only 32, that's not old at all for a centre back and he's actually declining rapidly whereas Lampard continues to bang goals in off other people's asses and Giggs somehow managed to outlast Fergie while still being in the first team.

But yeah, Terry probably dopes anyway because he's poo poo and also a oval office. Everybody dopes.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
The president of italian FA's anti doping commission:"Lately Spain win less, accidentally since the Fuentes' central role has been found"

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
Can't wait for the central role of Müller-Wohlfahrt being found out.

Cabal Ties
Feb 28, 2004
Yam Slacker
Fussballdoping.de is doing investigations into Healing Hans. They've written some up in English but the bulk is in German as they're afraid if his lawyers picking up on a mistranslation

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
I'm not quite sure where to put this, but Adrian Mutu wants to adopt the Chinese sewer baby. Presumably because Chelsea will be forced to literally take food out of the mouth of the sewer baby to get their money.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/may/30/adrian-mutu-adopt-baby-sewage-pipe

quote:

The former Chelsea striker Adrian Mutu has told Romanian television that he wants to adopt the baby saved from a sewage pipe in China.

The newborn boy, weighing just 5lbs, was found wedged in the pipe beneath a shared bathroom in a residential building in Jinhua, in China's eastern province of Zhejiang.

His story quickly spread worldwide, with footage of his rescue showing medics at Pujiang People's hospital helping to dismantle the 10cm diameter pipe piece by piece with pliers and saws.

State media said the baby had a low heart rate when he was admitted and had suffered cuts and bruising, but was now in stable condition.

The mother of Baby 59 – known only by the number of his hospital incubator – has since come forward, saying she kept her pregnancy secret after the father refused to stand by her and she could not afford an abortion.

However, Mutu, who signed for Chelsea for £15.8m in 2003, but was released the following year after failing a drugs test, told Romanian channel ProTV: "I intend to adopt this baby."

The AC Ajaccio striker, a father of three, said he had discussed the plan with his wife Consuelo, and they would go ahead, if a legal agreement could be reached. Romania is not currently on the list of 17 countries whose citizens can adopt from China.

Mutu said: "I couldn't figure out how to carry on living, how to eat my breakfast when I saw this story on TV. He's a special child. When I saw the baby I said 'I must adopt him, he has been sent to me by God.'

"Just look at this poor little fellow. He made such a strong impression on me. I told my wife we have to help him, we have to do everything we can.

"I never thought I would adopt a baby, I had no plan concerning that, but I just know: I have to help this one."

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
The trial of Karim Benzema and Franck Ribéry begins today, related to the accusations of them sleeping with a then 17 year old prostitute.

http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/1478871/trial-benzema-ribery-begins-paris?cc=5739

What they risk:

quote:

Ribery, 30, and 25-year-old Benzema are two of eight defendants. They could be sentenced to three years in prison and fines of €45,000 if found guilty.

Ribery's defense is that he didn't pay her for sex, which would mean that nothing illegal happened:

quote:

Bayern Munich's Ribery has admitted flying Defar to the Bavarian city and having sex with her in April 2009, but maintains the €700 he paid covered transport, hotel and food costs.

Benzema's saying he was talking with his agent:

quote:

The Real Madrid striker will argue in court that he had been in a hotel talking to his agent on the night in question.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
http://www.itv.com/sport/football/article/2013-06-21/newcastle-united-midfielder-cheick-tiote-in-court-over-false-documents-charge/

Instead of just driving without a license Tiote decided to use a fake Belgian driving license so he could drive

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
Former Man City youth Courtney Meppen-Walter mistakenly released from prison.

http://news.sky.com/story/1110331/footballer-meppen-walter-freed-from-jail-in-error

:confused:

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
Gazza is back at it.

quote:

Former England midfielder Paul Gascoigne has been arrested after an alleged drunken assault at a railway station.

The 46-year-old ex-Newcastle and Tottenham player, who left rehab in the United States earlier this year, was held after an incident in Hertfordshire.

A Hertfordshire Police spokeswoman said: "Police were called to a report of a man allegedly being drunk and disorderly at Stevenage railway station at 10.30pm on Thursday July 4.

"Officers attended the location and arrested a 46-year-old male on suspicion of common assault and being drunk and disorderly."

He was taken into custody but was not charged, police added.

According to the Daily Mirror newspaper, Gascoigne was bailed after being held in a police cell for 12 hours overnight.

Earlier this year, Gascoigne said he wanted to "get back to reality" after the latest health scare in his battle with alcohol addiction.

He told ITV1's Daybreak in March: "'I didn't ask to be an alcoholic, but I must admit I worked on it. I went to any lengths to get my drink, I'll go even further to stay sober."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/jul/06/paul-gascoigne-arrested-stevenage

lets go swimming
Sep 6, 2012

A game in Brazil ended with the referee stabbing a player then getting quartered and his head stuck on a pike

quote:

Football in Maranhão concludes with athlete killed and dismembered referee

Crime occurred after expulsion on the field, in the city of Pius XII

A crime shocked the city of Pius XII, in the state of Maranhão, on Sunday (30) during a football match.

According to city police, the player of one team, Josenir dos Santos Abreu, 30, was angry at being kicked and struck kicks the referee Octavio Jordan Silva, 20 years.

After being assaulted, Octavian would have taken a knife and threw it at the waist breast Josenir who succumbed to his injuries and died en route to hospital.

Outraged, some popular attending the game were not reconciled to the death of Josenir and departed upward from the referee. Octavius ​​was tied up, beaten, stoned and then quartered. The judge's head was hung on a stake.

In a statement, the regional delegate of St. Agnes, Valter Costa, who takes care of the case, said they use videos recorded by cellular witnesses to identify criminals.

"Reports of witnesses have indicated some people that were in place at the time of the fact. We will identify and hold accountable everyone involved. A crime will never justify another. Actions like this do not collaborate with the legality of a state law."

http://esportes.r7.com/futebol/noticias/partida-de-futebol-no-maranhao-termina-com-atleta-morto-e-arbitro-esquartejado-20130704.html

http://www.whoateallthepies.tv/fail...on-a-stake.html

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Quick, somebody make a thread!

lets go swimming
Sep 6, 2012

Adulterous Hitler posted:

Quick, somebody make a thread!

Well I'm a loving plum

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
It just never ends does it...

hump day bitches!
Apr 3, 2011

vaginal culture posted:

The president of italian FA's anti doping commission:"Lately Spain win less, accidentally since the Fuentes' central role has been found"

It's been 6 years since the arrest of Fuentes , plenty of time to find new guys to provide the juice.But if they perform tests they better use something more resistant than plastic because motherfuckers are up to their eyeballs

hump day bitches! fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Jul 7, 2013

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-23230689

Nile Ranger has been charged with rape

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Taking Pardew's pre-game instructions too literally

20matar
Jul 9, 2013

70fugir
Reminds me of the former Brazil national team forward, Edmundo. "The Animal" was always out of control, had problems with most of the teams he played at and was generally a difficult person to be around, had too strong a temper and was very indisciplined. Two incidents come to mind: the time when he killed three people in an accident with his jeep in Rio de Janeiro, and the time he gave beer to a chimpanzee at his son's birthday party.

Babby Thatcher
May 3, 2004

concept by my buddy kyle
Edmundo was loving incredible and if he'd ever demonstrated any ability at all to get on with teammates or coaches, would be seen as one of the greats.

The Clit Avoider
Aug 11, 2002

El Profesional
I know it wasn't a comparison, but jesus, Edmundo being mentioned near Nile Ranger is hilarious in its own way. He was pretty great at Fiorentina despite having problems galore at home, right up until he did the good old Brazilian "gently caress off for the carnival and go missing" routine one time too many. Napoli still took the risk on him later.

Will never forget him and Romario tearing Fergie's "too good for the FA Cup" United side a new one at the World Club Championships that United were "sure" to add to their trophy cabinet.

Babby Thatcher
May 3, 2004

concept by my buddy kyle

The Clit Avoider posted:

I know it wasn't a comparison, but jesus, Edmundo being mentioned near Nile Ranger is hilarious in its own way. He was pretty great at Fiorentina despite having problems galore at home, right up until he did the good old Brazilian "gently caress off for the carnival and go missing" routine one time too many. Napoli still took the risk on him later.

Will never forget him and Romario tearing Fergie's "too good for the FA Cup" United side a new one at the World Club Championships that United were "sure" to add to their trophy cabinet.

http://youtu.be/ujd7a7GWCSM?t=48m what a loving goal.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

The Clit Avoider posted:

Fergie's "too good for the FA Cup" United

United never requested to pull out of the FA Cup stop talking bollocks.

The Clit Avoider
Aug 11, 2002

El Profesional

Ninpo posted:

United never requested to pull out of the FA Cup stop talking bollocks.

I was quoting the media attitude at the time, so don't make assumptions. And if I recall correctly, the FA actually wanted United off to play in the WCC anyway, to boost England's world cup bid.

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
http://www.bt.dk/kendte/tidl.-miss-fitness-bendtner-smed-drink-paa-mig (in Danish)

Bendtner pours a drink on some girl in a club.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Bea Nanner posted:

http://www.bt.dk/kendte/tidl.-miss-fitness-bendtner-smed-drink-paa-mig (in Danish)

Bendtner pours a drink on some girl in a club.

Haha what a massive, massive bellend.

20matar
Jul 9, 2013

70fugir
Fábio Bilica, who plays for the Turkish club Elazigspor, is being accused of raping a mother and her 15-year-old daughter in an airport's parking lot.

http://ne10.uol.com.br/canal/cotidi...cife-431253.php (in portuguese)

He is already infamous for taking part in what is Grêmio's greatest shame: the "Poltrona 36" scandal. Rumor has it that he hosed one of his team mates, Capone, in the seat #36 of the Grêmio bus after the loss that sealed their relegation to the second division in 2004. Both were fired after this.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

20matar posted:

Fábio Bilica, who plays for the Turkish club Elazigspor, is being accused of raping a mother and her 15-year-old daughter in an airport's parking lot.

http://ne10.uol.com.br/canal/cotidi...cife-431253.php (in portuguese)

He is already infamous for taking part in what is Grêmio's greatest shame: the "Poltrona 36" scandal. Rumor has it that he hosed one of his team mates, Capone, in the seat #36 of the Grêmio bus after the loss that sealed their relegation to the second division in 2004. Both were fired after this.

"hosed" as in raped? Cause if so firing the victim is messed up.

Edit:VVVVVV: ok, it's just that it's weird to put it along the rape story is all.

Kurtofan fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Jul 17, 2013

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
I think it's hosed as in they had sex in the bus?

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم

Kurtofan posted:

"hosed" as in raped? Cause if so firing the victim is messed up.

No.

Ho Chi Meeeeee
Jun 13, 2008

let me shovel out your brains
hang my image in your skull
so I can be the vision
in your nightmares from now on
That sucks getting fired for some good old fashioned man love

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
If it wasn't rape, then I'm a little disappointed that a rumour of two dudes having consensual man love was enough to cause a scandal that got both of them fired and is to this day considered a club's greatest shame. Let's kick homophobia out of football. :(

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

vyelkin posted:

If it wasn't rape, then I'm a little disappointed that a rumour of two dudes having consensual man love was enough to cause a scandal that got both of them fired and is to this day considered a club's greatest shame. Let's kick homophobia out of football. :(

Or, you know, loving on a team bus is massively inappropriate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Bovril Delight posted:

Or, you know, loving on a team bus is massively inappropriate.

Just after getting regulated.