Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DisposableHero
Feb 25, 2005
bah weep granna weep ninny bong

TheDK posted:

Well I was just excited for Charticon but after this promo video I am loving giddy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHXINEyQFpA

Looks cool. Kinda an unfortunate name for a con though isn't it? Sounds like they say "Shart"icon every time. Sharticons sound like some sort of transforming gross-out toy from the 90s.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

TheDK posted:

Well I was just excited for Charticon but after this promo video I am loving giddy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHXINEyQFpA

I just wish they would spell it Charkticon so people wouldn't think I'm going to a convention about gas then mass.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

Gammatron 64 posted:

I just wish they would spell it Charkticon so people wouldn't think I'm going to a convention about gas then mass.
But then they wouldn't sell as many of these t-shirts:

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Honest Ray posted:

He looks fantastic as a robot but has an absolutely imcomprehensible transformation and alt mode. Also, I can't get his tread to hold in his gun to make the connection line regrettably. Still one of the best looking ROBOTS even if it's a garbage Transformer if that makes sense. He's so beefy and purple and monoeyed~~~ :swoon:

I couldn't even figure out the entire transformation since there's not really a frame of reference for the altmode; he just turns into a pile of robot parts in a kind of tank-ish shape.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

TheDK posted:

But then they wouldn't sell as many of these t-shirts:

Is that genuine? Because's loving disgusting.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

The_Doctor posted:

Is that genuine? Because's loving disgusting.
Ha! No that's an original I just mocked up real quick.

e: though I'm considering having it printed so I can wear it around the con.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
Very interesting reveal in MTMTE #19.

Minimus Ambus was not the first Ultra Magnus.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

GD_American posted:

Very interesting reveal in MTMTE #19.

Minimus Ambus was not the first Ultra Magnus.

Yeah, cool preview and one which leads me to suspect...

..if Ambus doesn't get his job back then perhaps the next duly appointed enforcer of the Tyrest Accord will have 'bomb disposal' written on their arm.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

SRM posted:

I couldn't even figure out the entire transformation since there's not really a frame of reference for the altmode; he just turns into a pile of robot parts in a kind of tank-ish shape.
I can't be too upset about Prime Shockwave's transformation since it's a lot more involved than pretty much all the Predacons. The tank mode may not look like much, but at least its more distinct than whether the figure's just standing on two or four legs. Also I like the way his turret has those antennae on it so it kinda looks like a giant stretched-out version of his head.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

To be honest, I've never gotten a Shockwave figure for the altmode. Even the G1 laser gun was kind of lame (*HERESY*). BH Shocky is one of the best Shockwaves out there.

Honest Ray
Feb 10, 2007

Your bargaining posture is highly dubious.

Blackheart posted:

To be honest, I've never gotten a Shockwave figure for the altmode. Even the G1 laser gun was kind of lame (*HERESY*). BH Shocky is one of the best Shockwaves out there.

I actually love the Space Cadillac FoC one. I think it's a cool looking Cybertronian alt mode plus the robot mode is so drat Shockwavey. I will agree that Shockwave is overall a super cool looking robot first and a transformer second as far as his figures go. I also always thought turning into a gun was kind of retarded.

LightsGameraAction
Sep 4, 2006

Honest Ray posted:

I actually love the Space Cadillac FoC one. I think it's a cool looking Cybertronian alt mode plus the robot mode is so drat Shockwavey. I will agree that Shockwave is overall a super cool looking robot first and a transformer second as far as his figures go. I also always thought turning into a gun was kind of retarded.

A gun which inexplicably didn't mass-shift like Megatron's did. He was just a big ol' flying space gun.

Honest Ray
Feb 10, 2007

Your bargaining posture is highly dubious.
I mean, at least it's better than Lightpostwave. They didn't even need to be in disguise on Cybertron. Soundwave was just so unfortunate.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

I imagine Shockwave just doesn't see the point in complex or stylish, flashy transformations. He just bends into a shape that makes him more mobile.

You know.

Like a gun.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
"Logic dictates that sometimes Trypticon is going to want a bitchin' gun to shoot bustas with, so it might as well be me."

Smoke
Mar 12, 2005

I am NOT a red Bumblebee for god's sake!

Gun Saliva
For me the best Shockwave is still Binaltech Shockwave. If only because of that gorgeous paintjob he has.

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum
Really not feeling the new Whirl toy.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
Looks more like G1 Whirl with joints than mtmte whirl, at least to my memory. Pretty neat.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
Wow, you think they would've learned after CHUG Cheetor.

Lepecard
May 19, 2009
Soiled Meat

No Your Other Left posted:

The upper torso and shoulders look mis-transformed to me.

I understand that the people who set up these booths only have a few minutes or so to get everything ready so getting everything a 100% transformed isn't a top priority but you'd think they'd allocate time to do so especially when photos are going to be hitting the internet within the hour.

Such as what happened with Blitzwing.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Smoke posted:

For me the best Shockwave is still Binaltech Shockwave. If only because of that gorgeous paintjob he has.

Also he's an RX-8.

Ugh, I wish I had a Binaltech instead of an Alternator.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Whirl and Doubledealer looks pretty good as far as modern updates go. The only issue I have with DD is that they're really fuging that plane mode to make up for the G1 bird mode. I really wonder how possible it would have been to do an elaborate sandstorm retool so you could have gotten an actual bird.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Lepecard posted:

The upper torso and shoulders look mis-transformed to me.

I understand that the people who set up these booths only have a few minutes or so to get everything ready so getting everything a 100% transformed isn't a top priority but you'd think they'd allocate time to do so especially when photos are going to be hitting the internet within the hour.

Such as what happened with Blitzwing.

Yeah, that's my take on it too. I'll just wait for better pictures and poses/correct transformation before judging, but what I see has potential. It's very similar to its G1 figure which I loved as a kid.

catch22
Feb 17, 2006
Any word on whether or not Soundwave will be hitting TRU.com at midnight EST, or on the 18th at all?

The Goon
Sep 11, 2001

No Your Other Left posted:

How the hell is that supposed to be mtmte Whirl? Were all the people who saw it at Botcon blind?

I'm actually really disappointed with it

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.
I can't wait for the Rotorstorm repaint/conversion kit.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Yeah I'm really hoping that Whirl is mistransformed. Otherwise that thing is a piece of poo poo.

edit: And where the gently caress are his hands?!?

edit2: Skids looks loving amazing though.

Corn Glizzy fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Jul 18, 2013

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

The Rage posted:

Yeah I'm really hoping that Whirl is mistransformed. Otherwise that thing is a piece of poo poo.

Don't be so insensitive to empurata victims :mad:

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

The Rage posted:

Anthropocentric jerk!

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.

catch22 posted:

Any word on whether or not Soundwave will be hitting TRU.com at midnight EST, or on the 18th at all?

This is the absolute most important question of our current age.

Bushifox
Dec 10, 2003

Je suis une tappette pour les jouets cheap et casse. Je suis dieu des nulles!

Captain Magic posted:

This is the absolute most important question of our current age.

agreed. I keep searching for it on their ebay store and the site.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

catch22 posted:

Nobody knows, and TRU ain't telling. Best guesses are midnight EST, midnight PST, 9AM EST or 9AM PST.

As for finding it in a store, seems unlikely:

quote:

I hit a store in my area to ask if they had them ready to go. I was told they have no sign of the figure coming in yet and he wouldn't be surprised if it were a matter of weeks. He said TRU is slow with these kinds of figures and they only get item on a street date when its a movie or video game.

He basically said they will get them when they get them.

BXCX
Feb 17, 2012

not even in a bad way
Yeah, I'm not having any luck getting it to come up now, have to decide if it's worth staying up until 3AM EST or just bank on them going up at 9.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

BXCX posted:

Yeah, I'm not having any luck getting it to come up now, have to decide if it's worth staying up until 3AM EST or just bank on them going up at 9.

It would greatly surprise me if an East Coast based company would wait until 3AM their time to launch something that will almost certainly crash their site. I would expect it at 9AM EST or 9AM PST, depending on whether they want to synch it with SDCC or not.

BXCX
Feb 17, 2012

not even in a bad way

Keldroc posted:

It would greatly surprise me if an East Coast based company would wait until 3AM their time to launch something that will almost certainly crash their site. I would expect it at 9AM EST or 9AM PST, depending on whether they want to synch it with SDCC or not.

That definitely makes more sense, but when I think makes sense TRU isn't the first thing that comes to mind. I'll gamble on a little extra sleep and we'll see how it pays off.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

According to this article, TRU responded to people complaining about the cancellations of their orders with a specific date and time.

quote:

This product is not available for pre-orders at this time and will be available on July 18, 2013 at 9AM Eastern Time.

BXCX
Feb 17, 2012

not even in a bad way
Perfect, I'll be up with the bright and early with the rest of the shut ins slamming :f5:.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
Cool. Thanks, Keldroc. I'll see you gentlemen in the morning, then. I hope you all get yours (so long as I get mine first). Hooray, capitalism!

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Midnight EST come and gone. Midnight PST in 2 hours and change. According to the Washington/Oregon/California distribution center, they have 1000 on hand, with 995 earmarked for online orders only.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

The Rage posted:

Midnight EST come and gone. Midnight PST in 2 hours and change. According to the Washington/Oregon/California distribution center, they have 1000 on hand, with 995 earmarked for online orders only.

Any word on if it'll be on their official site only or if they'll use the eBay store again as well?