Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pudgygiant
Apr 8, 2004

Garnet and black? More like gold and blue or whatever the fuck colors these are
I think this is the best I can do with the Leaf.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

GutBomb posted:

The cr-z is a terrible car unfortunately
What's that? Sorry, I can't hear you over the roar of my Hybrid-Sport engine that makes REAL ENGINE NOISE!!!

Vagina Jones posted:

How are you guys modifying your hybrids? I can't get anywhere near those times.
I did pretty much the same thing with my Lexus and Honda. Upgrade the Battery to Race, Forza Aero set to highest downforce, upgrade tire compound and width a bit, Aspiration upgrade, race brakes/suspension/arb's. Basically a focus on handling over top end speed. The Lexus I drove in automatic for the CVT but the Honda uses regular gears.

CR-Z has 3.2 / 5.7 / 5.1 / 5.8 / 6.0 for speed, handling, accel, launch, braking.
Lexus has 3.2 / 5.7 / 4.9 / 4.1 / 6.0

GentlemanofLeisure fucked around with this message at 05:51 on Jul 11, 2013

Scatterfold
Nov 4, 2008

The most marginally better of times :qq:

R3 Mugello - Pissboy Spastic - 1:53.929 - Joss JT1

[Edited]

Scatterfold fucked around with this message at 13:19 on Jul 13, 2013

Prettypanda
Nov 11, 2008

GentlemanofLeisure posted:

What's that? Sorry, I can't hear you over the roar of my Hybrid-Sport engine that makes REAL ENGINE NOISE!!!

I think you're on to something.

Pudgygiant
Apr 8, 2004

Garnet and black? More like gold and blue or whatever the fuck colors these are
I sent a request to AUGR, LLJK just isn't very active anymore.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

I improved my time in the Gumpert to 1:53.373 (from 1:53.399 that whatcubed has me listed as on the previous page) and it drat near killed me. Then I find out he never put my newer time up which was a full second faster FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

I have 1:52.394 on the leaderboard

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Hey, can I get a grace period to submit times for this? I am in the process of moving across the country and I have no idea when we'll actually get there; prolly a week from now at least.

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

Cannot Find Server posted:

Hey, can I get a grace period to submit times for this? I am in the process of moving across the country and I have no idea when we'll actually get there; prolly a week from now at least.
I'm going to have an open week during the last set of challenges for people to post make-up times for ones they missed, so in effect, yes.

Basticle posted:

I improved my time in the Gumpert to 1:53.373 (from 1:53.399 that whatcubed has me listed as on the previous page) and it drat near killed me. Then I find out he never put my newer time up which was a full second faster FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

I have 1:52.394 on the leaderboard
You posted the following, which in all fairness to others, I decided would become 1:53.399. I checked and you did not post any other times besides the two I have quoted in this post so IDK where I "forgot" anything.

Basticle posted:

Gumpert Apollo at Mugello uhhh... cant see it right now, its on the leaderboard, was a 1:53.3** IIRC

GentlemanofLeisure fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Jul 13, 2013

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

I thought you were going by the leaderboard :downs:

quackman
Jan 25, 2004
Chapstick
1:11:259 in a Leaf

Tried for a bit on the slower cars.... hard to tune an electric. I went for acceleration over handling.

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008
A few more hours to get your times in, I'll post the new events later tonight.
code:
Road Atlanta Club D350 Hybrids

[AUGR] XPrettyPandaX   1:09.287  Honda CR-Z
[AUGR] whatcubed3      1:09.511  Honda CR-Z
[LLJK] rgoer           1:10.137  Honda CR-Z
[SAEG] Gutbomb303      1:10.144  Toyota Prius
[SAEG] Spamtheman ZA   1:10.256  Nissan Leaf
[SAEG] Dr Edmund Honda 1:10.277  Nissan Leaf
[AUGR] popsicleman     1:11.259  Nissan Leaf
[SAEG] Pissboy Spastic 1:11.392  Nissan Leaf
       desarthai       1:12.441  Chevy Volt
[PA]   Basticular      1:13.040  Chevy Volt
[AUGR] Eperitus        1:13.044  Honda CR-Z
[AUGR] Joey Aces       1:13.216  Honda CR-Z
[AUGR] Kilonum	       1:13.244  Toyota Prius

Mugello Full R3 800 Hypercars

[AUGR] XPrettyPandaX   1:48.923  Joss JT1
[SAEG] Dr Edmund Honda 1:49.291  Joss JT1
[LLJK] rgoer           1:51.334  Joss JT1
[PA]   Basticular      1:52.394  Gumpert Apollo
[SAEG] rige1seven      1:52.787  Mosler MT900S
[SAEG] Spamtheman ZA   1:52.855  Pagani Zonda
[AUGR] whatcubed3      1:53.068  Gumpert Apollo 
[AUGR] Eperitus	       1:53.805  Pagani Zonda C
[SAEG] Pissboy Spastic 1:53.929  Joss JT1
       desarthai       1:53.949  Pagani Zonda C
[GTCC] Sigma One       1:54.373  Mosler MT900S
[AUGR] Kilonum         2:00.629  Gumpert Apollo
e: updated final standings

GentlemanofLeisure fucked around with this message at 15:52 on Jul 15, 2013

Prettypanda
Nov 11, 2008

Last minute update to my Mugello time.

siig
Apr 4, 2005

Being nice is the shit ...
I put in some time with the Pagani Huayra but in the end the Joss is just too good. This isn't the best time but 1:51.334 is better than I could wrangle out of the Pagani:

I could probably get the CR-Z faster too but I guess the deadline is here, so 1:10.137 is as good as I'll get:

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008
Alright, next up are:

Sedona Club Reverse, C425, Cars listed as Year 1979 and earlier only. No restrictions to modifications.

and

Road America, R2 875, Numbered Racecars. Cars have to have a #xx in their name, post here if any questions about the car you want to drive is allowed.

Scatterfold
Nov 4, 2008

A few more hours to get your times in, I'll post the new events later tonight.

I edited mine but wasn't sure if you'd see it; only a small difference...

Scatterfold posted:

The most marginally better of times :qq:

R3 Mugello - Pissboy Spastic - 1:53.929 - Joss JT1

[Edited]

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

C428 Sedona Club Reverse:

R2 Road America:

kaiwero
Aug 22, 2006
Ahh crap I should have put in my hybrid time - if you can be bothered looking it up it should be on the leader board. It will be the slowest time of the lot as well I think.

Also might as well post my current times:

rige1seven [SAEG]
Road America: 2:00.746 - #4 Mercedes C Class
Sedona: 01:23.10 - Alfa Romeo GTA

kaiwero fucked around with this message at 09:25 on Jul 15, 2013

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

Scatterfold posted:

I edited mine but wasn't sure if you'd see it; only a small difference...
Got ya

Vagina Jones posted:

Ahh crap I should have put in my hybrid time - if you can be bothered looking it up it should be on the leader board. It will be the slowest time of the lot as well I think.
Your Road Atlanta Club time on the LB is in a Lotus Elan. Keep a look out for when all events are opened up during the NEXT round of events.

C425 1:20.695 Jaguar XK120 (#2320 lb)

R2 875 2:01.609 #18 GT500 NSX

Prettypanda
Nov 11, 2008

[AUGR]XPrettyPandaX
Sedona Club Reverse #1017 1:19.392 Fairlady Z '69
Road America #1643 1:57.333 #91 Viper GTS-R

Prettypanda fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Jul 17, 2013

Spamtheman
May 30, 2005

Effer of the ineffable
Sedona Club Reverse 1.21.543

Road America 2.00.832

Times updated

Spamtheman fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Jul 16, 2013

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

#32 R390 GT1 2:00.469

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

Spamtheman posted:

Road America 2.00.832

Times updated
If you want to go Pagani, you can use the #17 Carsport America GR but not the regular ole' Zonda R.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Do Tuesday/Thursday nights still happen, or was turnout too low?

fralbjabar
Jan 26, 2007
I am a meat popscicle.
I think I'm getting better, but I have no idea what all of you are doing. Especially the C class, I was absolutely balls out pushing as hard as I could and I'm still a couple seconds slower than most of you. I know I could have gone faster with the R2, but that's a fast car and I'm scared of fast cars and aero.

Also a tip if you're getting nearly unreadable pictures of your time, use your camera's spot meter (if it has one, most do these days - even smartphone camera apps) and set exposure off the PI box. Lock exposure (should be able to do this, my camera you just hold the shutter button half pressed) and line up what you want and bam, everything nice and crisp and readable.

fralbjabar fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Jul 17, 2013

Spamtheman
May 30, 2005

Effer of the ineffable

If you want to go Pagani, you can use the #17 Carsport America GR but not the regular ole' Zonda R.

Don't know how I managed to do that, my brain must have seized up. It may have been the paint job that looked like a livery actually.

Spamtheman fucked around with this message at 08:08 on Jul 17, 2013

burtonos
Aug 17, 2004

...and the angel did say, "go forth, and lay waste to all who oppose you"

ColdPie posted:

Do Tuesday/Thursday nights still happen, or was turnout too low?

Tues and Thurs seem to be Penny Arcade race nights. They seem like pretty cool guys. Basticle can tell you more about that.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

MalleusDei
Mar 21, 2007

GT: Eperitus

Sedona: #12,219 1:25.431 911 '73
Road America: #38,072 2:04.038 #009 Aston DBR9

I don't have a ton of time in the next couple of weeks, so those might have to stand. Sedona will probably need a new car, since I feel like I've wrung that one out. Road America I'm not sure, the Aston is the fastest (top speed) R2 numbered car in my garage, I might have to poke around some more.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/07/16/forza-motorsport-5-requires-one-time-internet-connection

Interview with McBeardo. I'm sure some people are going to be irrational about this and flip out but the short version this:

In this day and age, Day 1 DLC is not going away. Day 1 DLC is/was codes that come in the game box for more content that you have to activate it. This is to curtail used game sales since that extra content (In Forza's case, more cars and tracks) have to be purchased seperately if you got Forza used.

In Forza 3 and 4 there wasnt really Day 1 DLC, but instead the Disk 2 you had to install.

In Forza 5 there is no Disk 2 and instead you'll automatically download all the extra content when you first log into the game.

The added benefit of this is they dont have to rush to make that content ready for when the game goes Gold, likely weeks if not more than a month before the XBox One is released.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Ooh jesus christ that sounds like a disaster. I've seen this too many times from other games and it never ends well. Just means Forza 5 is likely to be real buggy and half assessed. If the game is not ready on time then delay it until next year.

Edmund Honda
Sep 27, 2003

That's specifically a day one patch though, not DLC - it's described as content necessary to play the game. There's nothing much to flip out about really, just a little sad that this is how games are made and released now.

There will probably also be day one DLC and launch copy exclusive DLC and the same overpriced season pass DLC that we all fall for every time, but that article is about a patch.

edit: GT6 is being shipped with placeholder engine sounds from GT5 and the promise of a fix later, isn't it?

Edmund Honda fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Jul 20, 2013

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Edmund Honda posted:

edit: GT6 is being shipped with placeholder engine sounds from GT5 and the promise of a fix later, isn't it?

Yes. I can't tell which is as bad though. At least GT6 will be playable out of the box, but both developers are being lazy and greedy.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

I said come in! posted:

Yes. I can't tell which is as bad though. At least GT6 will be playable out of the box, but both developers are being lazy and greedy.

I think we all know that Microsoft basically said to Turn 10 "you are going to make a launch title" so they have not a lot of time to do a ton of content so giving them a few extra weeks to finish some stuff seems like a positive to me. And I'm not sure how this makes them "greedy" exactly?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Basticle posted:

I think we all know that Microsoft basically said to Turn 10 "you are going to make a launch title" so they have not a lot of time to do a ton of content so giving them a few extra weeks to finish some stuff seems like a positive to me. And I'm not sure how this makes them "greedy" exactly?

You answered your own question by pointing out that Forza has to be a launch title.

I'm too pessimistic to not see through this PR spin. Experience from other games tells me this won't be a good idea.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Forza 4 came with day 1 DLC. You had to type in a code to get the test track and soccer I think.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Cojawfee posted:

Forza 4 came with day 1 DLC. You had to type in a code to get the test track and soccer I think.

This is different though. This is shipping an unfinished game that requires a day 1 patch to be playable. Not DLC.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
I hope my interwebs are up to task of this additional hardship. :ohdear:

It's this:

Edmund Honda posted:

There's nothing much to flip out about really, just a little sad that this is how games are made and released now.
There's nothing Microsoft or Turn 10 specific about it.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Sounds like a reason to panic, Microsoft's certification process can be trusted if they turn their work in by JUNE but if they don't turn it in until AUGUST then all bets are off

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
Sedona Club Reverse in a Porsche 550: 1:19.635

Zinjnok posted:

[AUGR]XPrettyPandaX
Sedona Club Reverse #1017 1:19.392 Fairlady Z '69

Are you sure this is correct? This exact time is showing up for you in the leaderboard but in a Chevy Spark

GutBomb fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Jul 23, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fralbjabar
Jan 26, 2007
I am a meat popscicle.
Little improvements, still slow.

• Locked thread