Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

catch22
Feb 17, 2006
Sandstorm - Amazon Prime - $23

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

404GoonNotFound posted:

Any word on if it'll be on their official site only or if they'll use the eBay store again as well?

Considering they gave out eBay store coupons, I would wager both.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

The Rage posted:

Considering they gave out eBay store coupons, I would wager both.

On the other hand, considering they gave out ebay coupons they might not want to have all 100-200 of them redeemed on an expensive purchase like this.

I tend to err on the side of the dick move :smithicide:

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

404GoonNotFound posted:

On the other hand, considering they gave out ebay coupons they might not want to have all 100-200 of them redeemed on an expensive purchase like this.

I tend to err on the side of the dick move :smithicide:

Good point. Also if anybody wants to search by item and product numbers for Soundwave instead of just name, here you go:

SKU: 19038126

Prduct: 653569878926

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

The Rage posted:

Good point. Also if anybody wants to search by item and product numbers for Soundwave instead of just name, here you go:

SKU: 19038126

Prduct: 653569878926

And the "R Web" number: 204083

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

:siren: ITS LIVE :siren:

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=19038126

:siren: GET IT QUICK :siren:

edit: Acid Storm still not available for some reason.

Corn Glizzy fucked around with this message at 10:28 on Jul 18, 2013

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

The Rage posted:

:siren: ITS LIVE :siren:

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=19038126

:siren: GET IT QUICK :siren:

edit: Acid Storm still not available for some reason.

Done and done! Thank you, random bout of insomnia beating my sleeping medicine! :toot:

Of course, in my haste I ended up sticking with the free standard shipping instead of any kind of expediting... so now I'm in an all new kind of hell. BUT WHO CARES I FINALLY GOT ONE OF THESE THINGS WITHOUT PAYING A SCALPER :woop:

404GoonNotFound fucked around with this message at 10:35 on Jul 18, 2013

catch22
Feb 17, 2006
Thank you TRU for limiting this to one-per-customer and not letting it be a scalper free-for-all :thumbsup:

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!
Aww man, they say they'll ship it internationally but tell you otherwise when you try and check out

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.
And they're gone.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Peaugh has his Metroplex video up.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

Keldroc posted:

And they're gone.

:sigh: When everybody's local TRU gets them, can everybody post about it here? Guess I'll try and get one locally. I haven't struck out in the past when it comes to Masterpiece releases.

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum
loving seriously? I was up until two waiting for them to go up, and they put them up two loving hours after I go to sleep? What the hell?

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Keldroc posted:

And they're gone.

Nice of you to wait until you said you would, TRU :waycool:

BXCX
Feb 17, 2012

not even in a bad way
Ugh, I signed up to get emailed when they're back in stock though!!!! I can't see how they could mess something like that up!

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

BXCX posted:

Ugh, I signed up to get emailed when they're back in stock though!!!! I can't see how they could mess something like that up!

I hope to get an email between 4:30am and 4:45am on a weekday once stock is completely sold out.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
I don't suppose there's any hope that the ebay store will still sell any at 9 EST, is there? It just seems like it was never in stock on their site.

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum
And, needless to say, there are dozens of them up on eBay for $250 and up. :sigh:

BXCX
Feb 17, 2012

not even in a bad way
aaaaaand nothings up at 9AM.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
I guess I'll just never have an MP Soundwave. Oh well.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
Welp, looks like I'm going to have to either get extremely lucky and find him at TRU or pay stupid prices for him.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
I always pay for the Takara imports because seriously gently caress TRU. I'd hate to miss out on a badass toy because they can't get poo poo right.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

Well, trying to get Soundwave off TRU went about as poorly as I had feared.

TRU is sort of like K-Mart in that it always looks like a wasteland full of old unsold product that's more expensive than anywhere else and I wonder how they stay in business.

Arsenal_12
May 7, 2007

Well, I've been lucky with MPs in the past at my local Toys R Us, let's hope my luck holds up for this one. Good to know Toys R Us is still managing to mess everything up.

Bushifox
Dec 10, 2003

Je suis une tappette pour les jouets cheap et casse. Je suis dieu des nulles!
back in stock. well, it says it is but then won't let me check out. it will let you check out with acid storm though.

Bushifox fucked around with this message at 15:12 on Jul 18, 2013

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

It says its in stock, but it wont add any to my cart because it says there's a limited quantity.

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I'll spin it for you quick...
And if you are on mobile, still shows as OOS.

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum
Fake availability is gone. For god's sake.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yeah if it was there, it's not there any longer for me.

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
It'll probably do that several times. A few will trickle in this morning from canceled orders (credit card declined and such).

vkeios
May 7, 2007

I was holding out hope on cheap 'wave, but gently caress I'm done. I immediately went and preordered Takara's at BBTS, because at least they know how to do online business.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

Even if you pay awful scalper prices of $250 on ebay or at a con, that's still cheaper than the Takara Soundwave with all 5 takara cassettes.

I'm considering doing that. :smithicide:

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

I'm holding out one last hope for some odd 8 PST drop.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

I'm hoping everyone here can get his Soundwave because in my opinion, it's one of those figures every Transformer fan should enjoy.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.
I'm sure it's a great toy and all but it's really hard to imagine it can live up to all this.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

I love that Acid Storm is just sitting there, not selling out.

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
Weird. He was sold out when I got up around 6.

Bushifox
Dec 10, 2003

Je suis une tappette pour les jouets cheap et casse. Je suis dieu des nulles!

SpikeMcclane posted:

Weird. He was sold out when I got up around 6.

no, he wasn't put up until about 10 I think.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

I hope you guys are looking forward to Acid Storm clogging shelves with Soundwave nowhere to be seen, because that is exactly what happened with Thundercracker and Prime. Because hey, let's order more Thundercrackers and not many Primes because Thundercracker is the cheaper one! :downs:

And Acid Storm is a WAY more obscure character than Thundercracker. So obscure in fact, that it's arguable if he's even a character at all. That's like releasing a hot toys figure of one of the aliens that appeared in The Phantom Menace for like 5 seconds at mass retail and expecting it to sell. Acid Storm should have NEVER been released at mass retail and should have been a SDCC exclusive or something.

All 2 of you guys actually excited for Acid Storm better army build that sucker, or else he's never going away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Gammatron 64 posted:

I hope you guys are looking forward to Acid Storm clogging shelves with Soundwave nowhere to be seen, because that is exactly what happened with Thundercracker and Prime. Because hey, let's order more Thundercrackers and not many Primes because Thundercracker is the cheaper one! :downs:

And Acid Storm is a WAY more obscure character than Thundercracker. So obscure in fact, that it's arguable if he's even a character at all. That's like releasing a hot toys figure of one of the aliens that appeared in The Phantom Menace for like 5 seconds at mass retail and expecting it to sell. Acid Storm should have NEVER been released at mass retail and should have been a SDCC exclusive or something.

All 2 of you guys actually excited for Acid Storm better army build that sucker, or else he's never going away.

No man, don't you get it? He's a Seeker, and he's GREEN.

I would be all over it actually but I am mad they keep re-using that mold without fixing its shoddy chestplate looseness.