Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

I get the impression that their approval process is a quick once over to make sure the project doesn't break any of the rules* and won't get them sued and their secondary process for vetting projects is 1) wait for a social media shitstorm and then 2) decide whether the project in question makes KS Inc look bad. If they get enough complaints of a certain nature they'll cancel a project otherwise they just don't care. One the other hand they might knock back approval for 50 tentacle rape games every week and the two we saw just happened to sneak through, they're notoriously uncommunicative in regards to how they run the site so we can only guess at stuff like this.

* The "No 'fund my life' projects" rule seems to be pretty flexible as long as something is produced/created at the end of the project.

I'm pretty sure the KS process is "Approve pretty much everything, because it might make us money." And "Only cancel things when somebody important runs a news story on it."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

The General posted:

I'm pretty sure the KS process is "Approve pretty much everything, because it might make us money." And "Only cancel things when somebody important runs a news story on it."

I don't think there is anything inherently wrong with that, either. Kickstarters #1 priority is getting paid, and I think it has become apparent enough that tons of low quality projects are not going to make people shy away from crowdfunding in the short term (obviously long term has yet to be determined)

As long as their projects are not inherently dangerous to society, then I see no reason why they should not approve it. The only instance I can think of where Kickstarter let something actually dangerous get funded was that rape book, which they have admitted was a mistake and owned up to it, and I assume they will make sure nothing like that slips through the cracks again.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

mks5000 posted:

I don't think there is anything inherently wrong with that, either. Kickstarters #1 priority is getting paid, and I think it has become apparent enough that tons of low quality projects are not going to make people shy away from crowdfunding in the short term (obviously long term has yet to be determined)

As long as their projects are not inherently dangerous to society, then I see no reason why they should not approve it. The only instance I can think of where Kickstarter let something actually dangerous get funded was that rape book, which they have admitted was a mistake and owned up to it, and I assume they will make sure nothing like that slips through the cracks again.

It's only okay to do that right now is because there isn't really any competition. Should somebody release a less lovely KS, then they might be in trouble. As it is they don't really enforce the rules they have set out. It seems/is arbitrary, and I'm betting that eventually it will bite them in the rear end.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

mks5000 posted:

They'll make sure nothing EXACTLY like that slips through the cracks, but they don't stick to their own terms of service even a little bit, all sorts of crap gets approved that really shouldn't be, mostly copyright infringement and poo poo like that. So it's pretty likely that something else will come along which is harmful in a slightly different way and it'll get through without any problems.

Dogdoo 8
Sep 22, 2011

Fatkraken posted:

They'll make sure nothing EXACTLY like that slips through the cracks, but they don't stick to their own terms of service even a little bit, all sorts of crap gets approved that really shouldn't be, mostly copyright infringement and poo poo like that. So it's pretty likely that something else will come along which is harmful in a slightly different way and it'll get through without any problems.

That or they'll let it slip through approval so they'll look good when they shut it down not long after.

duck monster
Dec 15, 2004

GBS's favorite slightly-insane robot inventor, Jamie Mantzel has a kickstarter up for DIY toy robot kits.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1089105581/the-greatest-toy-kit-in-the-universe-spider-tank-m/comments

The constructed versions have been on sale for a while, and by all accounts are actually bloody excellent. This is the hackable kit version.

Oh and for reference, the giant metalic spider robot he's been working on for a few years (that got rudely interupted by a storm killing his homemade "banana shed") last I checked he was about one youtube vid away from finally finishing it. Yeah, thats right, a 6ft high mechanized spider robot.

edit:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FC7VOJGq__A

duck monster has a new favorite as of 18:30 on Jul 16, 2013

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Fatkraken posted:

If Kickstarter is at risk for being fiscally liable for any of their projects, you can be sure as hell they are gonna block it. But really, what do they care if someone gets sued over a project they had crowdfunded?

Nnep
Jun 17, 2007

3-2 2-0

duck monster posted:

GBS's favorite slightly-insane robot inventor, Jamie Mantzel has a kickstarter up for DIY toy robot kits.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1089105581/the-greatest-toy-kit-in-the-universe-spider-tank-m/comments

The constructed versions have been on sale for a while, and by all accounts are actually bloody excellent. This is the hackable kit version.

Oh and for reference, the giant metalic spider robot he's been working on for a few years (that got rudely interupted by a storm killing his homemade "banana shed") last I checked he was about one youtube vid away from finally finishing it. Yeah, thats right, a 6ft high mechanized spider robot.

edit:

That was one of the most bizarre attention grabbing threads I can remember, and extremely vividly. He has something about his personality that grabs a hold of your attention, really cool guy. Glad his spider dream is coming/has come? true.

StevenM
Nov 6, 2011

Humor me here - why post this in the AWFUL Kickstarters thread?

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Look Professor, a destruct switch!

StevenM posted:

Humor me here - why post this in the AWFUL Kickstarters thread?

This thread gets more traffic than the PYF Kickstarters thread.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

I get the impression that their approval process is a quick once over to make sure the project doesn't break any of the rules* and won't get them sued and their secondary process for vetting projects is 1) wait for a social media shitstorm and then 2) decide whether the project in question makes KS Inc look bad. If they get enough complaints of a certain nature they'll cancel a project otherwise they just don't care. One the other hand they might knock back approval for 50 tentacle rape games every week and the two we saw just happened to sneak through, they're notoriously uncommunicative in regards to how they run the site so we can only guess at stuff like this.

* The "No 'fund my life' projects" rule seems to be pretty flexible as long as something is produced/created at the end of the project.

Why does everyone get upset about the "No 'fund my life'" rule being 'violated' by certain projects that are producing things? When someone says "I need X amount of money from this project so I can live" they're basically asking for a salary so this can be their job.

Can someone explain their reasoning (with an example of a bad one?) to me? It's not something I really understand - it seems very reasonable to me to expect that if you want to be a professional "whatever" developer that you'd want developing that project to pay like a job.

Zohar
Jul 14, 2013

Good kitty
I think at least intuitively it's basically that a project is meant to encourage investment in a product, not in the developers themselves, so while they can take some of that money to fund salaries and so on those aren't meant to be what is actually attracting the investment. I might be talking out of my rear end as far as the actual terms and conditions go, but that's how I understand it.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

Sigma-X posted:

Why does everyone get upset about the "No 'fund my life'" rule being 'violated' by certain projects that are producing things? When someone says "I need X amount of money from this project so I can live" they're basically asking for a salary so this can be their job.

Can someone explain their reasoning (with an example of a bad one?) to me? It's not something I really understand - it seems very reasonable to me to expect that if you want to be a professional "whatever" developer that you'd want developing that project to pay like a job.

Kickstarter is for products with a tangible end point. In general this takes two forms, one is a product that people are essentially pre-ordering, the other is an event or other artistic endeavour that doesn't result in specific rewards for each backer but of which they can see evidence of completion in some way. Open ended projects just aren't what the site is about.

miguelito
Oct 5, 2012

I'm WILD about
WILDMAN
(ask me about sexy shaving)

The General posted:

It's only okay to do that right now is because there isn't really any competition. Should somebody release a less lovely KS, then they might be in trouble. As it is they don't really enforce the rules they have set out. It seems/is arbitrary, and I'm betting that eventually it will bite them in the rear end.

I think after Penny Arcade and Susan, who both got plenty of coverage, we're officially past the point where KS needs to worry about failure through bad press.

JDM3
Jun 26, 2013

Best $10 bux I ever spent on a total stranger.. who happens to be a fucking douchetube.

Ripoff posted:

I have no idea why these creeps don't just use the offbeatr website

I was going to make a joke about how appropriate it is to use Offbeatr for this :downswords:

then-

CommissarMega posted:

To be fair, Offbeatr is for explicitly, well- explicit content
saved me the embarrassment.

I can't decide if I want to know if the double entendre is intentional or not... I would who am I kidding, will have to check it out...

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Verdugo posted:

It's funny how they suspended the tentacle kickstarter (both of them) quickly but let the PUA manual run its full course before recanting it.

To be fair, the actual objectionable rape-y stuff was posted offsite on Reddit and only went mainstream in the final days of the Kickstarter.

Sigma-X posted:

I'm with you. The "fund my life" rule is there to eliminate the outright begging (see: every other kickstarter knockoff, which is full of sob stories about rent needing to be paid and surgery not being covered).

The General posted:

"Kickstarter is cool, but I wish that it was harder to get onto and my project was more likely to be rejected!" said nobody, ever.

Kickstarter's only competition is from less scrupulous sites like Indiegogo that feed off of KS' detritus. There's no reason for them to turn away projects based on their personal, subjective feelings of merit because they would just wind up going to another site.

Distant Chicken
Aug 15, 2007

JDM3 posted:

I was going to make a joke about how appropriate it is to use Offbeatr for this :downswords:

then-

saved me the embarrassment.

I can't decide if I want to know if the double entendre is intentional or not... I would who am I kidding, will have to check it out...

It's exactly what it sounds like.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

OatmealRaisin posted:

It's exactly what it sounds like.

To be fair, there are some projects there that do deserve to be supported. If I may quote myself:

CommissarMega posted:

I signed up onto Offbeatr just so I could support this project: the "Aids: Epidemic of Survival" Coffee Table Book". I'll let the project creator speak for himself:

:3:

Now, I suppose you could always donate straight to the Elton John Foundation (or hell, to any other foundation of your choice), and it does seem sketchy that the guy couldn't get publishing support by other means, but I'd like to trust and back this project. I mean, if poo poo like the two games above can get funded (and in TITS's case, massively so), so should this. Even if it turns out to be a dud, I can at least tell myself I tried to do a good thing.

That project is still in the approval stage, while another two projects I listed in the post I quoted, a text-only game featuring just about every fetish known to man and what seems to be an erotic tower defense game cum (ahaha) visual novel have both been long since funded. I know goon rushes are generally discouraged, but surely we can try get THIS project off the ground?

CommissarMega has a new favorite as of 21:58 on Jul 16, 2013

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

Fatkraken posted:

Kickstarter is for products with a tangible end point. In general this takes two forms, one is a product that people are essentially pre-ordering, the other is an event or other artistic endeavour that doesn't result in specific rewards for each backer but of which they can see evidence of completion in some way. Open ended projects just aren't what the site is about.

Can you give some examples of "fund my life" type failures? I agree that Susan sending her kid to camp was a "fund my life" type thing as the "product" was of negligible value, but I disagree with the Penny Arcade "remove ads from our site" kickstarter as being "fund my life" but rather "change our revenue stream from advertising to patronage." I still saw a lot of goon protest to that one, though.

Would a "Life and Times of Samoa" travelogue be considered a fund my lifestyle project if it was basically a photo/interview coffee table book whose principal funding was for travel and accomodations to Samoa, for example?

I'm not trying to be critical of anyone's views, either, or looking for a "defense" - I just want to understand the mindset because it isn't one I share. As someone who would someday like to kickstart something, and who has friends who kickstart things, I want to understand other consumer perspectives besides my own.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

Sigma-X posted:

Can you give some examples of "fund my life" type failures? I agree that Susan sending her kid to camp was a "fund my life" type thing as the "product" was of negligible value, but I disagree with the Penny Arcade "remove ads from our site" kickstarter as being "fund my life" but rather "change our revenue stream from advertising to patronage." I still saw a lot of goon protest to that one, though.

Would a "Life and Times of Samoa" travelogue be considered a fund my lifestyle project if it was basically a photo/interview coffee table book whose principal funding was for travel and accomodations to Samoa, for example?

I'm not trying to be critical of anyone's views, either, or looking for a "defense" - I just want to understand the mindset because it isn't one I share. As someone who would someday like to kickstart something, and who has friends who kickstart things, I want to understand other consumer perspectives besides my own.

Like someone else said, it's to prevent basically charity kickstarters with no outcome goal other than soliciting donations. "I can't make rent, give me $300" or "Need transplant surgery, trying to raise $100,000" or whatever. Fund my life projects like this tend NOT to get through the approval process for the most part, look at indygogo for how the site would be if they did. Travelogues do generally get through and the more transparent ones generally just don't get funded, I think that's fine, if people want to waste their money giving a bad photographer a holiday and get a book of bad photos for their trouble, more power to 'em I suppose.

I think the PA kickstarter was bloody cheeky but I don't think kickstarter was wrong for letting it through, it complied with their terms and conditions even if it was some serious rules lawyering. The only ones that really bug me are the ones that break OTHER rules, generally decency, racism/sexism and copyright rules, which should be pretty easy to weed out but usually are allowed to go through until someone kicks up a fuss. I don't even think kickstarter was wrong for letting the game camp one go through initially, though I think it was horribly misguided on the part of the mother and they should have removed it when she started breaking rules about twitter spamming and so forth.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I didn't know there was even an approval process on Kickstarter. How in the hell do all these projects that rely on other people's copyrighted/trademarked work get through approval? There's zero chance of most of them succeeding, because as soon as they get the money and start selling their product, they'll get a cease and desist. The only one I can think of that worked was that Robocop statue.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.

PostNouveau posted:

I didn't know there was even an approval process on Kickstarter. How in the hell do all these projects that rely on other people's copyrighted/trademarked work get through approval? There's zero chance of most of them succeeding, because as soon as they get the money and start selling their product, they'll get a cease and desist. The only one I can think of that worked was that Robocop statue.

Largely because it's the responsibility of the copyright holder to protect their copyright. Kickstarter seems to take the position that it's not their place to pre-emptively guess whether a copyright holder is going to go 'oh wow, you're doing x, that's really cool, go for it' or 'oh, you're doing x, have a c&d'.

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib

duck monster posted:

edit:

Aw sweet. I'm a bit tight for money right now but even so I've pledged for the cheap set. Jaimie seems like a p-cool guy, I was chatting with a couple of weeks ago about living on boats.

OrganizedInsanity
May 30, 2013

by Ralp

I'm personally impressed at how this turned out, props to you.

Fatkraken posted:

I think the PA kickstarter was bloody cheeky but I don't think kickstarter was wrong for letting it through, it complied with their terms and conditions even if it was some serious rules lawyering. The only ones that really bug me are the ones that break OTHER rules, generally decency, racism/sexism and copyright rules, which should be pretty easy to weed out but usually are allowed to go through until someone kicks up a fuss. I don't even think kickstarter was wrong for letting the game camp one go through initially, though I think it was horribly misguided on the part of the mother and they should have removed it when she started breaking rules about twitter spamming and so forth.

The initial PA may be controversial but the "fund my webcast" kickstarter was complete bullshit though. $5 target with the PA people gloating about how they just wanted to see how much money they could raise should have been taken down as a blatant attempt at trying to do flexible funding by proxy.

The mother one caused a lot of controversy if I recall because people dug into her background and found that she and her husband had been trying to do something like this for a while in their past kickstarter like sites so its a lot less misguided than that PUA handbook.

The issue with the "fund my life" kickstarters is that its insanely easy to get around it. Say I want someone to pay my rent for me. If I simply ask for the money, its a no-no but if I do something like "A picture a day: a look into the life of a concrete dweller" and say that I want them to fund me taking pictures of myself in my room, it suddenly because acceptable. There's a million of these kickstarters floating around where the text themselves go like, "I'm going to vacation in Haiwaii, if you pay me the equivalent of what I paid for the entire trip, I'll share some of my facebook pictures with you" kinda deal that skirt through.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
A former Baywatch actress wants to find Noah's Ark and you, yes you! get to pay for it:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/831132184/the-secret-of-agr-dag

Donna D'Errico posted:

You may remember me as "Donna Marco" from the television show, Baywatch. What you may not know is that while I was running on the beach alongside David Hasselhoff, which to many would have been a dream job, I was actually dreaming about something completely different: searching for Noah’s Ark. Yes, the Noah’s Ark from the Bible.

In December 2010, I was hospitalized with a near-fatal MRSA infection. Once I was home, I realized that I had nearly died without having accomplished what I always said I would do before I died. So I decided the time had come to really do it.

miguelito
Oct 5, 2012

I'm WILD about
WILDMAN
(ask me about sexy shaving)
So reading that woman's pitch, it seems to be a common thing for a certain type of Americans to clamber over that mountain in Turkey searching for Noah's Ark. You learn something new every day I guess. Surely the mountain is well-mapped and she'll be shown around by local guides, right?

Hey, anyone want to finance my 6-week, uh, study trip to the Red Sea? I was thinking of floating around on a rubber mat looking for the authentic stone tablets Noah probably dropped somewhere around there.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

miguelito posted:

So reading that woman's pitch, it seems to be a common thing for a certain type of Americans to clamber over that mountain in Turkey searching for Noah's Ark. You learn something new every day I guess. Surely the mountain is well-mapped and she'll be shown around by local guides, right?

Yeah. There's Biblical Archaeology which is just archaeology focused on sites mentioned in the Torah/Bible/Koran but doesn't take the religious texts to be 100% accurate and instead looks to find the origin of the stories told by the Abrahamic religious texts, and then there's "Biblical Archaeology" which is just fundies running around trusting really historically untrustworthy texts as gospel and when they don't find what they're looking for insist we just haven't looked hard enough.

The former is actually kind of interesting, but this is firmly in the latter camp.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

miguelito posted:

And it's perfectly safe right now, it's not like there's any wars close by that's stirring up the local ethnic revolutionary militias or anything.

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

SupSuper posted:

Well it's a repeat offender. The real question is how these get approved in the first place.

At PAX East 2013 I met the guy who approves everything in the game section, me and him where the only two people in the entire room that wore a dress shirt and tie. The other women on the panel wore nice professional dresses, and the remaining people up there were also dressed proffesional with the exception of the Cards Against Humanity creator who I got to talk to and dressed casually because it made sense for him.

Me and him had a nice conversation, he gave me his email, and I emailed him before putting up my horrible Kickstarter asking for suggestions- we was only able to get back to me about a week into the Kickstarter due to work or personal stuff. I don't remember and its not something I would say if I did, but point is I got to talk to the guy.

We had a nice talk which tied into my story about how we each wore ties- we are not people who can walk around pitching an idea in a t-shirt and jeans. We are not Ken Levin, we work hard and have to show that, the biggest lesson I learned from my Kickstarter- to show you've worked hard and that its made something good.

Anyhow I told the original story to tell you that one to tell you this one: the guy who approves these things is not lazy or stupid. Stuff like this gets through because Kickstarter is very creator protective and tries not to make jump decisions. I also would not be surprised if he has people under him who review the submissions, some of which may let things slip through the cracks. Maybe this skirts the rules and they are hoping its ironic?

No idea how it got by, all I know is the man responsible for approve video games (maybe card games too?) is quick, hard working, and bright. In my experience at least.

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

OrganizedInsanity posted:

I'm personally impressed at how this turned out, props to you.

The Kickstarter or how I've accepted my mistakes, handled it, and am working to improve? I'm going to guess the latter.

EDIT: gently caress double post.

Old Doggy Bastard has a new favorite as of 05:21 on Jul 18, 2013

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.
Oh god. I've discovered an IndieGogo for a documentary about someone who deserves no attention. At least it doesn't seem to be defending him.

OrganizedInsanity
May 30, 2013

by Ralp

Rapdawg posted:

The Kickstarter or how I've accepted my mistakes, handled it, and am working to improve? I'm going to guess the latter.

EDIT: gently caress double post.

Both, if I were into VN stuff I would probably shoot you a few $$, the art design looks a lot better now.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/469704863/the-sphinx-abides?ref=ending_soon

I don't know if this qualifies. On one hand he's asking a reasonable amount and probably isn't really looking to do anything other than getting some t-shirts out but on the other hand, what the hell is that picture supposed to be?

OrganizedInsanity
May 30, 2013

by Ralp

Both, if I were into VN stuff I would probably shoot you a few $$, the art design looks a lot better now.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/469704863/the-sphinx-abides?ref=ending_soon

I don't know if this qualifies. On one hand he's asking a reasonable amount and probably isn't really looking to do anything other than getting some t-shirts out but on the other hand, what the hell is that picture supposed to be?

BiggerJ posted:

Oh god. I've discovered an IndieGogo for a documentary about someone who deserves no attention. At least it doesn't seem to be defending him.

Oh boy that's a dangerous one since there's still some fascination with CWC esp after the latest facebook dump that showed him as even more insane/paranoid. Too bad I get the feeling all she's going to do is just go on cwcville and base her info from that.
Where's the Ulillillia doc?

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.

Too bad I get the feeling all she's going to do is just go on cwcville and base her info from that.

Do you mean the CWCki (which I will not link to for reasons of sanity and good taste)?

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
Yeah the whole thing is really pretty damned sad. He's a mentally challenged guy and a bit of a douchebag and his life is basically going to be living with mom forever, but holy poo poo the people who spend every day checking his facebook and twitter and making him gently caress cakes on camera or whatever - I mean I at least understand being an autistic guy stuck living with your mom, but how the hell do you get as broken as the people who obsess over him?

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

pathetic little tramp posted:

Yeah the whole thing is really pretty damned sad. He's a mentally challenged guy and a bit of a douchebag and his life is basically going to be living with mom forever, but holy poo poo the people who spend every day checking his facebook and twitter and making him gently caress cakes on camera or whatever - I mean I at least understand being an autistic guy stuck living with your mom, but how the hell do you get as broken as the people who obsess over him?

I agree, by all accounts he's a pretty horrible person but the people bullying him (trolling is too mild a word) are massively worse because they don't have the excuse of being mentally ill/challenged, they just like spreading misery.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

I've really gotta wonder why everyone on IndieGoGo goes for flexible funding.

If you say you need X amount of money or else the thing isn't going to happen, then flexible funding just makes you look sketchy. The only people who will donate are those who have absolute faith in the project's success.

There are campaigns where it makes sense. "We are funding this slowly from our own income and want to complete the thing faster." If you only get 1K of the 20K you asked for, that money is still actually going towards what people are donating for.

Verdugo
Jan 5, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

miguelito posted:

Makes me think, wouldn't they have found it already then?

OrganizedInsanity
May 30, 2013

by Ralp

Verdugo posted:

Makes me think, wouldn't they have found it already then?

I think there's a bunch of issues regarding it. Last I remember there was some satellite picture of what looks like a ship but Turkey refused to let people near it.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Searches_for_Noah's_Ark#Unsubstantiated_claims

Fatkraken posted:

I agree, by all accounts he's a pretty horrible person but the people bullying him (trolling is too mild a word) are massively worse because they don't have the excuse of being mentally ill/challenged, they just like spreading misery.

Lets face it, at least 90% of the people who found CWC and CWCki have probably spent at least a week on it with a mixture of amusement and horror about how the internet has managed to document so much of a person's life, hell I'm pretty sure the NSA dossier on CWC isn't as detailed.

Issue with Chris is that everything's a trolling attempt. Hell a stranger winning an internet competition over him lead to death threats over the "troll" by itself. You try to help him but unless its literally handing something to him, he won't do it. You essentially have to troll him to do anything.

OrganizedInsanity has a new favorite as of 18:01 on Jul 18, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

Issue with Chris is that everything's a trolling attempt. Hell a stranger winning an internet competition over him lead to death threats over the "troll" by itself. You try to help him but unless its literally handing something to him, he won't do it. You essentially have to troll him to do anything.

Why do anything? He should be getting help from people actually in his life, not strangers on the internet. Hell, he shouldn't BE on the internet at this point in terms of his mental health, because it's obviously not doing him any good.