Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Because there's nothing worth showing off under them. :smug:

Ho ho.

I'm half tempted to put a nice hardwood floor in the back of the CX-5. I think it'd look rather classy. :wotwot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010
IIRC Doccers is putting a hardwood floor in the back of his Volvo.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3428752&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=12#post416796245

Radio-Controlled
Mar 31, 2005
The man for the job.
Behold!

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005
Whenever I see an old avenger, stratus, 300m, or sebring, I just get irrationally angry that someone would buy one of them.

At least this guy is proud of his purchase?

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
Where's the giant cloud of white smoke that traditionally follows those cars around?

Viking Blood
Jun 17, 2005

The hammer of the Gods will drive our riffs to new lands
scarborough.jpg

Sudden Infant Def Syndrome
Oct 2, 2004

Hey Hamilton goon. :)

That terrible car lives around me in the Upper Gage / Rymal area, but I've never had a camera to get a picture everytime I see it.

There's also a puke green Chrysler 300 with faux-Bentley crap all over it in the area that I see all the time too.

Radio-Controlled
Mar 31, 2005
The man for the job.

Sudden Infant Def Syndrome posted:

That terrible car lives around me in the Upper Gage / Rymal area, but I've never had a camera to get a picture everytime I see it.

There's also a puke green Chrysler 300 with faux-Bentley crap all over it in the area that I see all the time too.

Hello to you! :hfive:

I have seen that 300 as well, sad to say.

Ulfhednar
Dec 16, 2006
Blood for the Blood God!
I stop by a lot of the local thrift stores, and they are always full of cars that are perfect for this thread.

Almost every panel on this RAV4 was damaged

:coolfish:

:coolfish:

This guy was loading four pieces of luggage into his MR2 Spyder. He thought it was hilarious when I asked to take a picture of his tetris-skills.

He managed to get them all in, too.

Fart Pipe posted:

I take a picture any time I park next to a Subaru.

I take pictures of most of the Gen 10 Thunderbirds I come across. It lets me know what mine is going to turn into if I'm not careful.

:ohdear:

Doccers
Aug 15, 2000

Patron Saint of Chickencheese

Nah, I'm just doing carpeting.

Cenodoxus
Mar 29, 2012

while [[ true ]] ; do
    pour()
done

Ulfhednar posted:

This guy was loading four pieces of luggage into his MR2 Spyder. He thought it was hilarious when I asked to take a picture of his tetris-skills.

He managed to get them all in, too.

Tony Stark has him beat, in Tetris skills and convertible cool-factor.

Tactical Bonnet
Nov 5, 2005

You'd be distressed too if some pile of bones just told you your favorite hat was stupid.
There are no tetris skills involved in stacking 4 flat pieces of map.

Git Mah Belt Son
Apr 26, 2003

Happy Happy Gators
I so wish I could have gotten a picture just now. I saw a first today. I saw a guy with a 90s Civic that had EIGHT exhaust tips. Forget dualies or quads, dude has octosaust.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

I know a lot of people consider their cars to be women, but this one is taking it a little too far. :nws:

e: alright, who replaced my super sexy avatar? :v:

D C
Jun 20, 2004

1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING

Sudden Infant Def Syndrome posted:

The Hammer is FULL of riced to hell lovely domestics. Usually its Cavaliers though.

I was there last summer for my cousins wedding, and I got a Challenger R/T rental for the weekend. Got so many thumbs up and 'awesome car' comments. Really is a different world.

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003

Viking Blood posted:

scarborough.jpg

I laughed.

We're getting enough Hamilton/GTA AI goons in here we should do something like karting with Ziploc or something.

solarNativity
Nov 11, 2012

some texas redneck posted:

e: alright, who replaced my super sexy avatar? :v:

It wasn't me but holy poo poo was it creepy. This is marginally better.

D C
Jun 20, 2004

1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING

Sockington posted:

I laughed.

We're getting enough Hamilton/GTA AI goons in here we should do something like karting with Ziploc or something.

Speaking of that I drove thru your hood again on Sunday.

destructo
Apr 29, 2006
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Z-WRXpoxxg

iForge
Oct 28, 2010

Apple's new "iBlacksmith Suite: Professional Edition" features the iForge, iAnvil, and the iHammer.
Here, have some pictures of an impala that has been sitting at my mechanic's shop for the last 6 years. The owner won't come get it apparently.

11BulletCatcher
Feb 27, 2010

This Cold Ass Honkey Ain't No Jive Turkey, Ya Dig?
That poor car...

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

6 years? :stare:

Why hasn't the shop done a mechanic's lien and scrapped it yet?

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
That reminds me of that episode of Hot Rod Unlimited where they scavenged a '66 Buick that had been sitting in another editor's mom's yard for decades. All of the interior was basically eroded down to the wire mesh holding the seats together.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLWndk3-tuk

11BulletCatcher
Feb 27, 2010

kastein posted:

I get road raged occasionally (as in others get ragey and go for me, not the other way around) and generally it ends with the other dude being embarrassed.

First time I remember, I was driving my old POS Cherokee. It had been acting up due to a loose ground but I wasn't sure exactly what was going on yet. I pulled up to a traffic light just as it turned red and the drat thing stalled and shut off. Fortunately some other things stopped working at the same time which clued me in as to which ground was loose, so I popped the hood, got out, fixed it, started it back up and drove away, maybe two seconds after the light went green. AKA less time than some lovely drivers take to move when their car works normally. That wasn't fast enough for some dickbag behind me though, the second he saw me get out* he laid on the horn and started flashing his lights and poo poo.

He followed me through a few turns down a quiet road so I wasn't sure if he was following me or not. Took another few random turns and sure enough, he was... so I turned on the dome light and reached into the back seat for my crowbar. For some reason he didn't follow me the next time I turned.

* I'm 6 foot 5 and looked like a cross between a scruffy redneck, a construction site worker, and a biker gang member when this happened. I have no idea why he thought being a dick and then trying to follow me was a wise course of action.

PS: if you have an XJ and the HVAC blower, transmission controller, engine, and transfer case indicator lights all go wonky at the same time, check the ring terminal ground on the left inner fender by the ECU. It's probably loose :v:

I carry a 16 oz rubber mallet in my car now just for this reason. I've been fortunate to avoid most ragers, but I've had a few close encounters enough that I like to be prepared.

Zamboni Apocalypse
Dec 29, 2009

iForge posted:

Here, have some pictures of an impala that has been sitting at my mechanic's shop for the last 6 years. The owner won't come get it apparently.

Does it still run? Or was it "Feh, can't afford to get it running, I'll just let it sit"?

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

11BulletCatcher posted:

I carry a 16 oz rubber mallet in my car now just for this reason. I've been fortunate to avoid most ragers, but I've had a few close encounters enough that I like to be prepared.
To get the engine running or beat someone back without leaving bruises?

iForge
Oct 28, 2010

Apple's new "iBlacksmith Suite: Professional Edition" features the iForge, iAnvil, and the iHammer.
I know the owner. He buys cars at auction and then never does anything with them. Apparently he made a deal with the mechanics old partner to get it running in exchange for 2 other cars that are still sitting there but the deal never went through and the cars are still sitting there. The owner has 8-10 cars out back of his house at any given time in the same or worse condition. Its a huge loving shame

TrueChaos
Nov 14, 2006

Sockington posted:

I laughed.

I would come down from brockville for this.

11BulletCatcher
Feb 27, 2010

KoRMaK posted:

To get the engine running or beat someone back without leaving bruises?

Both.

No, seriously, I actually bought in case I needed to press on my crank hub, but fonrtunately was able to avoid that.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Seat Safety Switch posted:

That reminds me of that episode of Hot Rod Unlimited where they scavenged a '66 Buick that had been sitting in another editor's mom's yard for decades. All of the interior was basically eroded down to the wire mesh holding the seats together.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLWndk3-tuk

:stare: That was...amazing. It's not so much the fact that "anything is fixable," because we've all seen stuff like Mooecow. It's the TIME they did it in. Right up there with the "parking lot engine swap" video.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Come and get this money (this money)
These Benjamins (Benjamins)
But then again I wanna see what you can do
Let me see you work, work, work, work, work
(What you workin' with?)
Ooh baby, don’t stop, drop that, don’t stop
What you workin' with?

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
Quoting the reddit comment? I expected better.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

That was my comment on reddit. :colbert:

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
Carry on, then. V:shobon:V

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

The lesser known Cobalt GT.

Not pictured was huge black plastic "stripes" on the side.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
Holy loving poo poo! :stonk:

Possibly the worst truck suspension and body fabrication I have EVER seen. And I've been watching this thread and the Pirate ghetto fab/hackjobs thread for... years now, and looked through the old taco scary-steering page, so that's saying a lot.

These pictures just keep on delivering horror and nightmares, every time I look at them again I see another horribly wrong thing. Like the way the front lower control arm bushings are tack welded into some rather large eyebolts as "adjusters". I'm not even going to try to list all the things wrong with the suspension on this turd, but I bet I could come up with at least a hundred possibly fatal problems with it.

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/general-4x4-discussion/849050-ghetto-fab-hack-jobs-321.html#post19744537

I am very happy to see California plates on it because that means it will never make it far enough to crash near me.

autism ZX spectrum
Feb 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe
Is it okay if I'm worried about the single tack weld holding the coil spring to the frame (at a weirdo angle, no less)?

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
That is one of a very long list of things wrong with that suspension, but yes I would definitely worry about that.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
What the hell is that??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Nubile Hillock posted:

single tack weld holding the coil spring to the frame

You weren't kidding :staredog: