Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zack_Gochuck
Jan 4, 2007

Stupid Wrestling People

fivegears4reverse posted:

Nintendo dragged their rear end getting quality software to the N64, both from themselves and from third parties in general, and failed to court third parties, and delivered a system that was not even close to forward-thinking, and the result was a system that got its rear end kicked by a newcomer that nobody expected anything from at the time until after it blew up. YOU might not have complained about the barren line up and the fact that you only had three games to play until another good game arrived, YOU might not have cared about Nintendo basically falling apart the entirety of a console generation after failing to recover what they'd lost early on, but the results of that generation speak for themselves. The silly part of it all is they seem to have done it again, but thankfully they have people like you to run interference for them in this time of need.

Nintendo made a boatload of money on a system that is fondly remembered today. They got their rear end kicked.

*Edit* In answer to the question, no I don't think WiiU will be Nintendo's Dreamcast because Sega had a bunch of big bombs in a row (32X, Saturn, Dreamcast), but I could see Nintendo migrating entirely to the portable market eventually.

Zack_Gochuck fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Jul 18, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

OatmealRaisin posted:

Gamecube launched with Luigi's Mansion and (I believe) Pikmin, and saw SSBM come out a month later. It's basically the opposite of the WiiU's launch.

Edit: poo poo, I gotta play Pikmin again.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chronology_of_GameCube_games

Nintendo put out 4 games in the launch window. But look at that third party support. And the Gamecube was more of a failure than the Nintendo64. This is why they don't care about bleeding edge graphics anymore.

Distant Chicken
Aug 15, 2007
My point was Nintendo had games for the launch of the Gamecube, and super awesome games at that. What do they have now, 8 months in? Nintendo Land? It's fun, yeah, but...

Zack_Gochuck
Jan 4, 2007

Stupid Wrestling People

bushisms.txt posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chronology_of_GameCube_games

Nintendo put out 4 games in the launch window. But look at that third party support. And the Gamecube was more of a failure than the Nintendo64. This is why they don't care about bleeding edge graphics anymore.

Again, I don't think you can even call N64 a failure at all just because it didn't beat PSX at the county bake off. Nintendo made more money on the Nintendo 64 than Sony made on Playstation even though they pushed fewer console because all the best-selling titles were Nintendo games.

The best selling game for Nintendo 64, Mario 64 with 11.62 million units, sold more copies than the best selling game for PSX, Gran Turismo with 10.85 million units. On top of that, Mario 64 was a first party game, so every cent of profit went directly to Nintendo's coffers. Why would they want to court third parties when they can push their own games like that? I mean god drat, the Nintendo 64 had 27 first and second party games that broke a million copies.

If you even look at the last generation, the Wii had 33 1st and 2nd party games that broke the million seller mark, not counting wii sports. No other publisher in the world can push those kinds of numbers. They clearly have a strategy here, they just launched the WiiU before enough AAA first party titles were ready to go.

Zack_Gochuck fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Jul 18, 2013

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Is Gran Turismo not made by SCEA? I just assumed if it were third party it would have showed up on xbox by now. Plus I bet each disc was orders of magnitude cheaper to produce than Mario 64 carts.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

OatmealRaisin posted:

My point was Nintendo had games for the launch of the Gamecube, and super awesome games at that. What do they have now, 8 months in? Nintendo Land? It's fun, yeah, but...

The point is, everyone crying for more games, from third party and themselves flies in the face of evidence that that's not what sells a Nintendo system. What sells it is the uniqueness of the hardware, as evidence of the failure of the GC to the rise of the WII which was a gamecube and a half in terms of graphical output.

The Wii U failed in differentiating itself, because the half rear end ports from other companies were not new ways to play.

Zack_Gochuck posted:

Again, I don't think you can even call N64 a failure at all just because it didn't beat PSX at the county bake off. Nintendo made more money on the Nintendo 64 than Sony made on Playstation even though they pushed fewer console because all the best-selling titles were Nintendo games.

The best selling game for Nintendo 64, Mario 64 with 11.62 million units, sold more copies than the best selling game for PSX, Gran Turismo with 10.85 million units. On top of that, Mario 64 was a first party game, so every cent of profit went directly to Nintendo's coffers. Why would they want to court third parties when they can push their own games like that? I mean god drat, the Nintendo 64 had 27 first and second party games that broke a million copies.

If you even look at the last generation, the Wii had 33 1st and 2nd party games that broke the million seller mark, not counting wii sports. No other publisher in the world can push those kinds of numbers. They clearly have a strategy here, they just launched the WiiU before enough AAA first party titles were ready to go.

I also like when other companies call for Nintendo to go third party, when Nintendo first party sels more than most companies best games.

bushisms.txt fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Jul 18, 2013

Zack_Gochuck
Jan 4, 2007

Stupid Wrestling People

greatn posted:

Is Gran Turismo not made by SCEA? I just assumed if it were third party it would have showed up on xbox by now. Plus I bet each disc was orders of magnitude cheaper to produce than Mario 64 carts.

You're right, my mistake on that one, but the fact remains, Nintendo published more actual million sellers in that time frame than Sony did. You also have to keep in mind that Nintendo 64 games were more expensive at retail to offset the price of producing carts.

Zack_Gochuck fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Jul 18, 2013

thefncrow
Mar 14, 2001

Zack_Gochuck posted:

The best selling game for Nintendo 64, Mario 64 with 11.62 million units, sold more copies than the best selling game for PSX, Gran Turismo with 10.85 million units. On top of that, Mario 64 was a first party game, so every cent of profit went directly to Nintendo's coffers.

Maybe you didn't intend to make this comparison, but it is implied so I will ask: you do know that Gran Turismo is a Sony first-party game, right?

EDIT: Yep, beaten.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Sony needs to bring back their best selling game in my heart: Jet Moto.

Distant Chicken
Aug 15, 2007

bushisms.txt posted:

The point is, everyone crying for more games, from third party and themselves flies in the face of evidence that that's not what sells a Nintendo system. What sells it is the uniqueness of the hardware, as evidence of the failure of the GC to the rise of the WII which was a gamecube and a half in terms of graphical output.

The Wii U failed in differentiating itself, because the half rear end ports from other companies were not new ways to play.

I also like when other companies call for Nintendo to go third party, when Nintendo first party sales more than most companies best games.

I think we're talking past each other. My criticism of the WiiU not having games specifically has to do with first-party games. I would love to get one to supplement my PS3/4, but until they can finally get some great first-party games out the door the WiiU isn't worth even half the price they're asking. In contrast the N64 launched with Mario 64 which is a timeless treasure and the Gamecube launched with Luigi's Mansion which was more than enough to tide me over the two weeks it took for the astounding Pikmin and SSBM to come out.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

OatmealRaisin posted:

I think we're talking past each other. My criticism of the WiiU not having games specifically has to do with first-party games. I would love to get one to supplement my PS3/4, but until they can finally get some great first-party games out the door the WiiU isn't worth even half the price they're asking. In contrast the N64 launched with Mario 64 which is a timeless treasure and the Gamecube launched with Luigi's Mansion which was more than enough to tide me over the two weeks it took for the astounding Pikmin and SSBM to come out.

Sorry, I was never talking to you. I was calling the N64 a failure, because the person I was quoting called it one. I loving love the N64 and I wish AKI would make another wrasslin' game already.

Also get a Wii U for Christmas, and you'll have enough first party games until at least Mario Kart.

bushisms.txt fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Jul 18, 2013

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide

Zack_Gochuck posted:

I don't think the WiiU is necessarily the best way to for them to explore the strategy they had with the Wii, though.

The Wii basically had three key attributes:

1.) Nintendo IPs
2.) Alternative interface method that's easily understood by the non-gaming masses
3.) Cheap

The WiiU has the first one, and it arguably has the second too, since a lot of its games are still compatible with the Wiimote. However it's not particularly cheap compared with the other competing consoles. I think the Cheapness is probably a major factor that needs to be appreciated. I'm sure that most people would definitely go out and buy a Nintendo box that primarily paid Nintendo games if it was cheap enough that they wouldn't need to prioritize it over other, broader gaming experiences. That was the Wii for a lot of people. With the WiiU, suddenly the opportunity cost is a lot steeper because the machine is a good deal more expensive, especially compared with the PS4. Buyers need to make a value decision, and the overall result is not friendly towards Nintendo.

Whatever the successor to the WiiU is, it needs to be Cheap, because Nintendo is never getting that third party support back, so they need to think about sustainability.

Zack_Gochuck
Jan 4, 2007

Stupid Wrestling People

OatmealRaisin posted:

I think what has happened with WiiU is Nintendo has overestimated New Super Mario Bros. ability as a system seller. It's fun, but we've played 2D mario so many times it's just not a killer app anymore. I think Mario 3D World will fare better this holiday season.

Once WiiU gets a price cut and proper Zelda, Mario Kart and Smash Bros. games business will pick up.

Zack_Gochuck fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Jul 18, 2013

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Strange Matter posted:

Whatever the successor to the WiiU is, it needs to be Cheap, because Nintendo is never getting that third party support back, so they need to think about sustainability.

Hopefully they just put more money into a better gamepad with better signal strength and the ability to stream whatever from whatever to the gamepad.

The second screen really is the future, and it's funny seeing companies roll their eyes at it, while offering similar things for the other consoles.

If there is a price cut, it will be right before Mario Kart, since dropping the price before the actual Nintendo blockbusters, would devalue the games.

bushisms.txt fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Jul 18, 2013

Distant Chicken
Aug 15, 2007

Zack_Gochuck posted:

I think what has happened with WiiU is Nintendo has overestimated New Super Mario Bros. ability as a system seller. It's fun, but we've played 2D mario so many times it's just not a killer app anymore. I think Mario 3D World will fare better.

I agree. I don't think NSMB was ever a system seller, more like a game that you can expect to get an enormous attachment rate out of. Everyone who had a DS got NSMB and everyone who had a Wii got NSMB. I'm sure everyone who got a WiiU got NSMB, but nobody got the WiiU because of NSMB. I don't think many people are going to get a WiiU because of Pikmin either. They need a proper Mario game or a Zelda to court the early adopters.

I'll probably buy a WiiU at the end of the year when Mario Kart, Wind Waker, and such are all out. Hoping for a holiday price drop too.

Zack_Gochuck
Jan 4, 2007

Stupid Wrestling People

OatmealRaisin posted:

I agree. I don't think NSMB was ever a system seller, more like a game that you can expect to get an enormous attachment rate out of. Everyone who had a DS got NSMB and everyone who had a Wii got NSMB. I'm sure everyone who got a WiiU got NSMB, but nobody got the WiiU because of NSMB. I don't think many people are going to get a WiiU because of Pikmin either. They need a proper Mario game or a Zelda to court the early adopters.

And it's funny, because you can absolutely see how Nintendo could see those sales figures, and think that NSMB could push systems out the door.

Zack_Gochuck fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Jul 18, 2013

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

bushisms.txt posted:

I honestly think you have it backwards: Software sells hardware. Your console can be the most unique butterfly ever made but if it lacks any compelling software, then it'll go nowhere. The best current example is the 3DS and Vita. The WiiU is failing for a multitude of reasons, the most obvious is lack of compelling and consistent software releases, with 3rd party ports already accessible via a different install base (360/PS3). There are other reasons too, like not being able to differentiate the difference between it and the Wii, but the Golden Rule for Everything Gaming is that software sells hardware, period.

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide

bushisms.txt posted:

Hopefully they just put more money into a better gamepad with better signal strength and the ability to stream whatever from whatever to the gamepad.

The second screen really is the future, and it's funny seeing companies roll their eyes at it, while offering similar things for the other consoles.

If there is a price cut, it will be right before Mario Kart, since dropping the price before the actual Nintendo blockbusters, would devalue the games.
I will 100% buy a WiiU when the price drops, and it will probably be my only console but I am outlier and most definitely not a demographic that Nintendo should be chasing.

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008

Strange Matter posted:

I will 100% buy a WiiU when the price drops, and it will probably be my only console but I am outlier and most definitely not a demographic that Nintendo should be chasing.
The last Nintendo system I owned was the N64 and my parents bought it for me because I was in love with Goldeneye and Rogue Squadron.

Since I've been buying consoles for myself, Nintendo's offerings have never seemed like good value for the money. Playstation 2 doubled as a DVD player and PS3 as a blu-ray player, and I got waaay more use out of those features than I ever did out of playing actual games.

Yeah the price tag is steeper for the other consoles but I feel like I'm getting more bang for my buck, particularly when it was PS3 vs Wii. Wii U looks neat but I still don't see what it offers that isn't offered better by a PS3/PS4, except price tag and some platformers. I kinda wish Nintendo would quit the console game just so I could play the latest Mario or Zelda on a console I actually want to own.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Louisgod posted:

I honestly think you have it backwards: Software sells hardware. Your console can be the most unique butterfly ever made but if it lacks any compelling software, then it'll go nowhere. The best current example is the 3DS and Vita. The WiiU is failing for a multitude of reasons, the most obvious is lack of compelling and consistent software releases, with 3rd party ports already accessible via a different install base (360/PS3). There are other reasons too, like not being able to differentiate the difference between it and the Wii, but the Golden Rule for Everything Gaming is that software sells hardware, period.

Of course, which is what I meant by the half assed ports. Nintendo can bang the drum all they want, but if people show up and it's half assed poo poo, they won't care. I was pointing out the Gamecube's list of third party support because they had a ton of it, and it didn't matter.

I'm one of the people who bought the Wii version of Madden because of the motion controls. Still the best version of madden.

They didn't try to do anything to differentiate themselves from their 360/PS3 counter part and suffered for it. Nintendo as has been mentioned mistook NSMBU as a system seller.

Ofc. Sex Robot BPD posted:

I kinda wish Nintendo would quit the console game just so I could play the latest Mario or Zelda on a console I actually want to own.

Please, no.

bushisms.txt fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Jul 18, 2013

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

greatn posted:

The Gamecube had great third party support. A few great exclusives and a port of almost every multiplatform game. People talk about how it was a failure but it didn't really sell that much worse than the X box.

The GameCube got 649 games total across all regions, and the system sold 21 million units before it was discontinued.
The Xbox got 967 games across all regions, and the system sold 26 million units before it was discontinued.

It's not really accurate to say the GameCube had great third party support, and it sold a good 20% less then the Xbox as well.

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008
Why not? Is there something fantastic about Wii/U's hardware that really plays to Mario's strengths?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Why not? Is there something fantastic about Wii/U's hardware that really plays to Mario's strengths?

In general competition is a good thing and can encourage the competition to actually step up their own game. Last generation stuck us with the Kinect/Move in response to the Wii's success but not everything has to be that awkward a clone. Nintendo tends to take things in different directions from Sony/Microsoft (who are increasingly becoming near-identical) and so that's a good thing if just for offering a wider range of competition.

fivegears4reverse
Apr 4, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Zack_Gochuck posted:

Nintendo made a boatload of money on a system that is fondly remembered today. They got their rear end kicked.

I never disputed that they made money, but you can't dispute the fact that they'd been consistently selling fewer consoles from the NES onward. They lost a ton of marketshare to the Playstation brand during those years, that can't be disputed, it's fact, it's in the bloody sales numbers. They didn't even sell half of what the PS1 did, and basically only outsold the Saturn because Sega had spent almost a full decade making GBS threads in their own bed.

I mean, it's great for Nintendo if Nintendo makes a lot of money, but if nobody else makes anywhere near that much money (and are more profitable/potentially more profitable on competing platforms, see The Last Generation for details) on their systems, they will be less inclined to support them. With the Wii U selling as badly as it is, it's no surprise that third parties are eyeing the whole thing with suspicion, that Rayman went multiplat.

bushisms.txt posted:

I was sad I didn't have more to play, but this didn't give me an anti-Nintendo attitude. I played my Dreamcast, instead.

You have really got to stop assuming that criticism of Nintendo is somehow "anti-Nintendo". I have owned every single Nintendo console at some point in my life, and currently own a Wii U and a GameCube. I am about as far from being "anti-Nintendo" as it gets. I want the company to do better, I think their presence is a good thing for the industry as a whole. I also think they are loving things up in very obvious ways and are repeating the same mistakes that hurt the N64 and the GameCube.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

The co-op with the screen. Rayman Legends definitive version is the Wiiu with 5 player co-op. People act like online is all people want. A lot of parents don't want their kids on the internet, and being able to play and help your kids in a game, as a gaming parent could be more intriguing than just watching them play.

But again, Nintendo needs to sell this and show it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QvNrSAG2V4&feature=share&list=PL2JiZAV5BmDUVp-PiIGnca7d1g4GdeC_7

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Install Gentoo posted:

The GameCube got 649 games total across all regions, and the system sold 21 million units before it was discontinued.
The Xbox got 967 games across all regions, and the system sold 26 million units before it was discontinued.

It's not really accurate to say the GameCube had great third party support, and it sold a good 20% less then the Xbox as well.

You compare both to the PS2 though and the difference doesn't look that large.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
Ubisoft put out a market share chart, showing the Wii U with a staggering 3% of Ubisoft's sales since it was released -- for comparison, the 360, PS3, and PC are about even at 23/23/20. The Wii U's closest neighbor is the Vita.

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide

greatn posted:

You compare both to the PS2 though and the difference doesn't look that large.
It's hardly fair comparing either console to the PS2 in that way, but Xbox having a third more games is pretty significant. Less so the 5 million units, since Nintendo sold each of those units as a profit, so Nintendo probably made more money out of their console than Microsoft did.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Magossa posted:

The Wonderful 101 is lookin really good. I hope people start to realize it's a new game and it doesn't go the Xenoblade road. Then again...

Unless Nintendo goes full bore with adverts, its gonna fail miserably.

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008

ImpAtom posted:

In general competition is a good thing and can encourage the competition to actually step up their own game. Last generation stuck us with the Kinect/Move in response to the Wii's success but not everything has to be that awkward a clone. Nintendo tends to take things in different directions from Sony/Microsoft (who are increasingly becoming near-identical) and so that's a good thing if just for offering a wider range of competition.
Sure, but for two generations, Nintendo's greatest selling point has been its platformers. I don't know anyone who really gave a drat about the motion control features once the novelty wears off.

I think a more apt analogy is that the Wii U is Nintendo's Sega Saturn, and it'll take one more generation for Nintendo to either really make a case for itself beyond gimmicks and 30 year old franchises, or to finally crash and burn.

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide

Alteisen posted:

This is absolutely correct, and given that Nintendo's policy is not to advertise until the game is almost out, that is most likely outcome.

Does anyone know why Nintendo operates like that?

Distant Chicken
Aug 15, 2007

Strange Matter posted:

This is absolutely correct, and given that Nintendo's policy is not to advertise until the game is almost out, that is most likely outcome.

Does anyone know why Nintendo operates like that?

I don't think Nintendo knows why they operate like that.

fivegears4reverse
Apr 4, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Alteisen posted:

It will be a goddamned crime if this really does happen. The demo I played made me a believer.

Fortuitous Bumble
Jan 5, 2007

I'd guess that for whatever reason Nintendo has trouble getting western developers to publish anything decent on Nintendo consoles (based on the DS and Wii) and it seems like most Japanese game devs focus more on handhelds now, so for a Nintendo console you're left mainly with Nintendo games and shovelware. And even if the shovelware sold well on the Wii the developers have probably moved to smartphones at this point. Like the 3DS has a ton of great games now but the majority of them are from Japan with Nintendo pushing developers to localize more; most of the decent western games on the system are indie e-shop things.

I could be completely wrong and there are actually a ton of cool Wii U games in Japan that aren't being localized in which case Nintendo really screwed up.

I don't know if the hardware is also an issue, there have been at least a few ports (some canceled) of AAA console/PC games and the Project CARS people are apparently developing simultaneously for the Wii U along with the PC and next-gen consoles so it can't be that restrictive.

Fortuitous Bumble fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Jul 18, 2013

Zack_Gochuck
Jan 4, 2007

Stupid Wrestling People

I never disputed that they made money, but you can't dispute the fact that they'd been consistently selling fewer consoles from the NES onward. They lost a ton of marketshare to the Playstation brand during those years, that can't be disputed, it's fact, it's in the bloody sales numbers. They didn't even sell half of what the PS1 did, and basically only outsold the Saturn because Sega had spent almost a full decade making GBS threads in their own bed.

That's only if you don't count handheld systems, which like, why wouldn't you? They are clearly Nintendo's bread and butter. Gameboy, Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, and Wii have all pushed more units than the NES.

fivegears4reverse
Apr 4, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Zack_Gochuck posted:

That's only if you don't count handheld systems, which like, why wouldn't you? They are clearly Nintendo's bread and butter. Gameboy, Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, and Wii have all pushed more units than the NES.

That their handhelds have almost always been wildly successful doesn't change the fact that they LOST MARKETSHARE IN THE CONSOLE MARKET. The N64 years badly hurt people's perception of Nintendo's home consoles. This isn't so hard to understand.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

It will be a goddamned crime if this really does happen. The demo I played made me a believer.

It would be, I hate Platinum anything doing badly but the deck is stacked pretty fiercely against it. It needs shitloads of adverts everywhere.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Sure, but for two generations, Nintendo's greatest selling point has been its platformers. I don't know anyone who really gave a drat about the motion control features once the novelty wears off.

I think a more apt analogy is that the Wii U is Nintendo's Sega Saturn, and it'll take one more generation for Nintendo to either really make a case for itself beyond gimmicks and 30 year old franchises, or to finally crash and burn.

Considering that both Sony and Microsoft are continuing to push their own respective motion controls (Microsoft more than Sony) and both have introduces a tablet-style gameplay mechanic, they appear to at least not agree that the gimmicks are without worth.

The Wii didn't sell on its platformers. It sold on the weird motion control gimmicks. Just Dance or Wii Sports or whatever sold gangbusters. It was their inability to translate that audience over to other games that eventually took down the Wii.

Safe and Secure!
Jun 14, 2008

OFFICIAL SA THREAD RUINER
SPRING 2013
So does anyone really see smartphones threatening the handheld video game market? It seems like phone touchscreens have such long response times that genres that games that require more action from the player just aren't feasible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
It's a topic on just about every gaming blog and I think the short answer is no, long answer no because Nintendo's 3DS remained really strong once they cut the price down and well...there isn't much else in the market anyway. I own a Vita myself and I don't think smart phones are to blame for its poor sales.

• Locked thread