Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hotwire
Mar 11, 2006

hehehe
I wish I could post scans, but the latest Hawkeye has a few pages that belong here.

And if you're not reading Hawkeye, what the hell is wrong with you? GO READ HAWKEYE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Colon V posted:

It takes a mad genius to make a page which includes the line "may I touch your breast" heartwarming.

Breast probably isn't meant to convey "tit" in that context, it's Victorian England.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Flesh Forge posted:

Breast probably isn't meant to convey "tit" in that context

No, it pretty clearly is.

Wapole Languray
Jul 4, 2012

fatherdog posted:

It's a double blind. You're supposed to think "Hyde is a pervert", and then he ends up caring more about her heartbeat.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Wapole Languray posted:

It's a double blind. You're supposed to think "Hyde is a pervert", and then he ends up caring more about her heartbeat.

While I love Moore, and appreciate his ability to layer meaning and incorporate symbolism, I've also read "Lost Girls" and therefore believe that you're reading too much into it.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Wapole Languray posted:

Hyde is a pervert. And it's also heartwarming. That's the whole thing

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

fatherdog posted:

I really don't think the tone of the writing or the art points that way - Hyde's expression and further dialogue is so very solemn and respectful. Moore's Hyde is just an amazing character, I think he deserves a little credit there.

Mista Blu
Jul 9, 2012
I've got to side with the above,I never read it as Hyde copping a feel...I always took as just like someone else said him feeling her heart beat. Either way Hyde is a complete monster,they make it perfectly clear,but he cares about Mina and thats something I find touching,take the second set there,he's headed into almost certain death and he's doing it happily not just because he gets to crush kill and destroy,but because HE of all people gets to play the hero for once.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Mista Blu posted:

I've got to side with the above,I never read it as Hyde copping a feel...I always took as just like someone else said him feeling her heart beat. Either way Hyde is a complete monster,they make it perfectly clear,but he cares about Mina and thats something I find touching,take the second set there,he's headed into almost certain death and he's doing it happily not just because he gets to crush kill and destroy,but because HE of all people gets to play the hero for once.

Didn't he almost rape her or eat her or something at some point?

He could have touched her neck if he wanted to feel her pulse. It was totally a solemn squeeze, reserved for funerals, church, or your last day alive.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Yeah, and this guy did a pretty horrible thing to the Invisible Man. Let's not give him TOO much credit.

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me

Colon V posted:

Yeah, and this guy did a pretty horrible thing to the Invisible Man. Let's not give him TOO much credit.

Hyde was a monster, but he was a monster with a lot of character development and an in-depth explanation of his drives and emotions, which made him a likable character despite the horrible things he did. But he was still a monster.

Spoilered for graphical :nms: violence of a sexual nature, also important plot points:

Later

Later yet

Even Later

What follows is the breast scene that has already been posted.

Avulsion fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Jul 17, 2013

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Wrong kind of touching.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Ya'll are doing way too much overanalyzing a man-monster tryin' to feel a heartbeat. Here's a palette cleanser where you don't even need context!

Hawkeye #11

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

We're not overanalyzing, we're just offended on behalf of Mr. Hyde that you would accuse him of not wanting to cop a feel right before he faces certain death.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

While maybe not exactly heartwarming, good god Hyde is the best character Moore ever did.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Goons posted:

Hyde was just trying to cop a feel.

Other Goons posted:

No, he wanted to feel her heartbeat.

Can't it be both? :shrug:

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

TwoPair posted:

Ya'll are doing way too much overanalyzing a man-monster tryin' to feel a heartbeat. Here's a palette cleanser where you don't even need context!

Hawkeye #11

I'm not reading Hawkeye because I am, in fact, the worst person to ever live so...What the gently caress's up with the dialogue in places?

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

RyuujinBlueZ posted:

I'm not reading Hawkeye because I am, in fact, the worst person to ever live so...What the gently caress's up with the dialogue in places?

That issue is written from the dog's perspective.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

RyuujinBlueZ posted:

Dogs don't have a very large vocabulary.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

I'm sure I'm missing something obvious, but why does Hyde start leaking blood everywhere when Griffin dies in the other room?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Ariong posted:

I'm sure I'm missing something obvious, but why does Hyde start leaking blood everywhere when Griffin dies in the other room?

Griffin's blood stopped being invisible once he died apparently.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Kalli posted:

Oh! I feel dumb.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I never understood how all that blood could transfer onto the tablecloth. Oh well, interesting visual.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.

priznat posted:

I never understood how all that blood could transfer onto the tablecloth. Oh well, interesting visual.

Nobody ever said it only happened in the library.

To the windows, to the walls and all that my good chap.

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

Gavok posted:

That issue is written from the dog's perspective.

That makes sense. :downs: I am a smart person.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

RyuujinBlueZ posted:

That makes sense. :downs: I am a smart person.

I'm imagining you reading the issue and making the face in your avatar now.

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

You ever do the chicken dance at a wake? That really bothers people.

Kalli posted:

That makes sense, I guess. I'd always assumed it was leaking through the ceiling and dripping down. In hindsight, I suppose they would have shown the wet ceiling and the blood drops. :downs:

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Vicissitude posted:

That makes sense, I guess. I'd always assumed it was leaking through the ceiling and dripping down.
What the hell.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

redbackground posted:

What the hell.

Last I checked the average person's body holds between 45-65 gallons of blood. Should be about enough to soak through an old Victorian carpet, through gaps in the floorboards, and to rain upon a fancy long table.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

redbackground posted:

What the hell.

Bloody hell, you mean.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
All this talk of anal rape and invisible blood is really inspirational :allears:

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

CzarChasm posted:

Last I checked the average person's body holds between 45-65 gallons of blood. Should be about enough to soak through an old Victorian carpet, through gaps in the floorboards, and to rain upon a fancy long table.

Are... are you joking? :psyduck: A regular man has about 10 pints of blood, which is less than 1.5 gallons. 45 gallons of blood would weigh more than 350lbs. It would be a whole bathtub full of blood.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Ashcans posted:

Are... are you joking? :psyduck: A regular man has about 10 pints of blood, which is less than 1.5 gallons. 45 gallons of blood would weigh more than 350lbs. It would be a whole bathtub full of blood.
Again, what the hell.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Enough about the blood and rape already.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

McCloud posted:

This really should be the subtitle to the entire forum.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

McCloud posted:

Mark Millar just closed his laptop in disgust at this suggestion.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

CharlestheHammer posted:

Mark Millar just closed his laptop in disgust at this suggestion.

That or he's furiously scribbling the outline for "BLOOD RAPER BOOK ONE" all over his desk.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.

Rhyno posted:

That or he's furiously scribbling the outline for "BLOOD RAPER BOOK ONE" all over his desk.

Pretty sure that was already a Spawn villian, his superpower was having a.i.d.s.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Ashcans posted:

:thejoke:

SirDan3k posted:

Pretty sure that was already a Spawn villian, his superpower was having a.i.d.s.
Currently, Rob Liefeld is making a TOTALLY ORIGINAL AND NOT AT ALL STOLEN character at the same time named PLASMA MOLESTER.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Exit Strategy
Dec 10, 2010

by sebmojo

Colon V posted:

Currently, Rob Liefeld is making a TOTALLY ORIGINAL AND NOT AT ALL STOLEN character at the same time named PLASMA MOLESTER.

PLASMOLESTER