Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Terry van Feleday
Jun 6, 2010

Free Your Mind

Gammatron 64 posted:

All 2 of you guys actually excited for Acid Storm better army build that sucker, or else he's never going away.
I love the Acid Storm colours and he's the one version of this mould I actually want.*

He is not available in Germany.

There is no justice in this world.

*Actually the only currently released Masterpiece aside from MP-10 I'm interested in period, because I'm weird. It would be Skywarp, but since he uses the old version of the mould which I don't like as much...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.
TRU is saying that today was a limited release to coincide with SDCC, and that larger shipments will be available in mid-to-late August. People on TFW who talked to the distributors up in Washington report that there were 1000 Soundwaves for today's sale, and 995 of them were marked for online order. They sold out in about 13 minutes. Hopefully TRU is taking that into account when placing their larger shipment orders.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

I love Acid Storm but it's difficult to get him here, so I hope you guys drown in them instead :colbert:

As they say around these parts, "Dios le da pan al que no tiene dientes"

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Also everyone should probably be prepared for the August shipments to have a higher price, a la MP-10.

Bushifox
Dec 10, 2003

Je suis une tappette pour les jouets cheap et casse. Je suis dieu des nulles!

Keldroc posted:

Also everyone should probably be prepared for the August shipments to have a higher price, a la MP-10.

why would it have a higher price? A larger shipment if anything would mean a lower price.

BXCX
Feb 17, 2012

not even in a bad way
Everything about the Masterpiece line in the US makes me feel really good about being an adult collector of small plastic transforming robots.

e:^^^^^^^^
:rodimus:

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

So, Armada Starscream, huh? Also who the heck is Scoop supposed to be?

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Bushifox posted:

why would it have a higher price? A larger shipment if anything would mean a lower price.

Because the super high demand shown today will tell TRU that they can price it higher and it'll still sell. They did the exact same thing with MP-10 Optimus.

Blackheart posted:

So, Armada Starscream, huh? Also who the heck is Scoop supposed to be?

Probably Scoop.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

Captain Magic posted:

No man, don't you get it? He's a Seeker, and he's GREEN.

I would be all over it actually but I am mad they keep re-using that mold without fixing its shoddy chestplate looseness.

Green is my favorite color even, but I have 3 MP seekers already so I'm good. I have the exact same toy in blue. Money and shelf space is a limited resource for me, so I'd rather spend it on something new and cool that I don't have already 3 times over. I have the little Deluxe Acid Storm anyway, so I'm good as far as Acid Storms are concerned.

I kind of regret not getting Red Alert because he actually has a lot of remolded parts from Sideswipe, but c'est la vie. Not gonna feel the same way for skipping Acid Storm or Sunstorm.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Yeah I was just doing a quick search on tfwiki. Somehow I had completely forgotten he existed, and assumed he was an obscure comics character or something.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
Scoop is a very, very random choice.

Never had a fiction role anywhere, isn't completing any set of other chug remakes, and whatever niche they're trying to fill with him could have been fit with a more notable character.

Also he gets his targetmaster partners but starscream neither gets his minicon nor his broken wing for a sword gimmick?

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

I guess Acid Storm is finally sold out, he never showed as "in stock" for me, I guess you had to clear your cache to see him.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

Scoop looks fantastic.

The difference between Scoop and MC Acid Storm is that one is a $10 toy, and the other is an $80 toy that's leader class sized.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
There's a possibility he's set to take a role in one of the two monthly books and the writers are just giving Hasbro lead time.

Or it could just be one of the designers' favorite characters. Who knows.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Oh god, they're spinning the Legion-luxes in BH as "it took five steps to transform G1 Wheeljack and two-and-a-half pages for this DOTM guy".

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

So apparently the "fan-built" transformer will be a "Fembot Seeker with a sword"

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
I'm not really shocked at them wanting to make simpler transformers for their shows and movies. So long as chugs continue (and legions the size of legions), I don't really care. They said as much in the interview with vangelus that they still want to have fans in 30 years so they're simplifying things. And I've encountered mothers in public who wouldn't let their kids buy or transform transformers because "they're too complicated for you" - infuriating bullshit for sure, but them's the breaks.

Prime... isn't really the series to do this with, at least not in my opinion.

I would not be surprised if the next series is the complete opposite in tone, a Teen Titans Go/Ultimate Spiderman crazyfest, going by this philosphy. The most popular animated shows on the air right now seem to be Adventure time, mlp, and TMNT (when it actually airs, pilot beat Korra in viewing numbers). Yes I know Animated already existed and Rescue Bots exists too, but I think they're going to get even less serious while still having bots fighting cons.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Blackheart posted:

So apparently the "fan-built" transformer will be a "Fembot Seeker with a sword"

And the fans voted for this when we already have Slipstream why?

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

404GoonNotFound posted:

And the fans voted for this when we already have Slipstream why?

It's a Hasbro conspiracy to re-use that Generations:FOC mold a fourth time!

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Yonic Symbolism posted:

I'm not really shocked at them wanting to make simpler transformers for their shows and movies. So long as chugs continue (and legions the size of legions), I don't really care. They said as much in the interview with vangelus that they still want to have fans in 30 years so they're simplifying things. And I've encountered mothers in public who wouldn't let their kids buy or transform transformers because "they're too complicated for you" - infuriating bullshit for sure, but them's the breaks.

They already did it once back in Armada, remember, and I know it sold like hot drat, but they also had a minicon pack-in with every deluxe.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Yonic Symbolism posted:

I would not be surprised if the next series is the complete opposite in tone, a Teen Titans Go/Ultimate Spiderman crazyfest, going by this philosphy. The most popular animated shows on the air right now seem to be Adventure time, mlp, and TMNT (when it actually airs, pilot beat Korra in viewing numbers). Yes I know Animated already existed and Rescue Bots exists too, but I think they're going to get even less serious while still having bots fighting cons.
I'm actually really curious where they'll go next, setting-wise and tonally. Animated seems like it kind of beat a lot of the wacky, newer animated shows to the punch, and Prime is so on the other end of the spectrum. Maybe if it went for an 80s campy feel, that could be something different, but I'm not sure what direction it can go in. Basically the reason I'm bummed that Prime is ending (aside from actually liking the show) is that it means we need to establish a new Transformers before this one can do more interesting things with its story and reach the potential that it has. Maybe it didn't quite set up the 4th season that Animated did, but I would have liked to see it run longer to get to a bigger climax.

it's sort of the same frustration I feel with TV shows based on superheroes. Aside from the new Avengers cartoon being godawful, it means a TV show needs to establish who these people are again even though we already know from the movies, cartoons, video games and comic books. I guess that's how it goes for franchises.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

panel questions posted:

"No plans for MLP Transformer"

Thanks TF fans, for asking the important questions. :ughh:

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Blackheart posted:

Why the hell would more people vote for a sword over NUNCHUCKS?

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Blackheart posted:

Thanks TF fans, for asking the important questions. :ughh:

Burn down the fandom.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
yeah my wife asked me once if I ever thought about going to a Transformer convention, I told her there would be no quicker way for me to ever give up on the whole thing then stick me in a ballroom with a few hundred of those loving people

It's much easier to self-select on the Internet and even now and again some of you fuckers here are embarrassing

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

SRM posted:

it means we need to establish a new Transformers before this one can do more interesting things with its story and reach the potential that it has. Maybe it didn't quite set up the 4th season that Animated did, but I would have liked to see it run longer to get to a bigger climax.

it's sort of the same frustration I feel with TV shows based on superheroes. Aside from the new Avengers cartoon being godawful, it means a TV show needs to establish who these people are again even though we already know from the movies, cartoons, video games and comic books. I guess that's how it goes for franchises.

If I had a dollar for the amount of times I've complained about this I'd be a millionaire. That's the nature of children's TV I guess. Nothing seems to last beyond 3 seasons.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.
I'm hoping to pick up Acid Storm when he's on super clearance so I can get the better head for Starscream, and a second one to repaint into Skywarp. I just Wal-Mart Skywarp for like $25, maybe it'll happen again?

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Why cookie Rocket posted:

I'm hoping to pick up Acid Storm when he's on super clearance so I can get the better head for Starscream, and a second one to repaint into Skywarp. I just Wal-Mart Skywarp for like $25, maybe it'll happen again?

Thundercracker still hasn't gone on clearance and the TRUs here still have half a dozen each sitting in one of the video game section cases. Seems unlikely, but maybe Acid Storm just won't sell at all and they'll have no choice.

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...

Blackheart posted:

A KABUKI SAMURAI fembot, to be exact!

...well I think it's neat :shobon:

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

TRU doesn't put things are clearance very often. I mean poo poo, mine still has a TON of DOTM deluxes for $16 each.

Believe me, I'm right when I say that Acid Storm is not going to move, unless they make him in really limited quantities (which I'm hoping they do). My store still has Thundercrackers, although Prime showed up for about a week and was never seen again.

Dre2Dee2 posted:

A KABUKI SAMURAI fembot, to be exact!

...well I think it's neat :shobon:

Perceptor? Is that you?

(Man G1 got weird)

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
So the official photo for Whirl is a hell of a lot more MTMTE-esque.

Also: Tailgate, Skids and Shrapnel:

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...

This is so dumb and insane.... it's pretty awesome

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

- ernest hemingway
Yeah not seeing much resemblance to the idw design in that whirl

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

So apparently they cut the line off for Hasbro booth store tickets at SDCC at 4:30AM this morning, and even then the people in line still have to draw the lucky tickets at a raffle to get a ticket to stand in line to buy anything at the booth. In anticipation of it being a complete clusterfuck as always, I had a friend who went to Wednesday Preview Night pick up Metroplex and the GI Joe vs. Transformers box for me.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

The_Doctor posted:

So the official photo for Whirl is a hell of a lot more MTMTE-esque.

It's still really, really Dorvack/G1. Like almost slavishly so.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Keldroc posted:

So apparently they cut the line off for Hasbro booth store tickets at SDCC at 4:30AM this morning, and even then the people in line still have to draw the lucky tickets at a raffle to get a ticket to stand in line to buy anything at the booth. In anticipation of it being a complete clusterfuck as always, I had a friend who went to Wednesday Preview Night pick up Metroplex and the GI Joe vs. Transformers box for me.

If you didn't camp out all night you couldn't even get a ticket for a small chance to buy souvenirs? :shepspends: That's like the worst parts of Y2000 era Black Friday and playing Powerball.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Tailgate looks great! First thing I'd do with him would be to bin that stupid bloody targetmaster thing, mind.

In other news, Quakewave arrived today! And is awesome. And solid as hell. And has the most ridiculously tight joints I think I've ever encountered.

I also seem to have two sets of replacement arm parts instead of the originally listed opaque hand & gun barrel. Hrmm.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

strangehamster posted:

If you didn't camp out all night you couldn't even get a ticket for a small chance to buy souvenirs? :shepspends: That's like the worst parts of Y2000 era Black Friday and playing Powerball.

And the people camping out missed Soundwave! It's been nearly impossible to win at being a Transformers fan this week.

catch22
Feb 17, 2006

Sentinel Red posted:

Tailgate looks great! First thing I'd do with him would be to bin that stupid bloody targetmaster thing, mind.

In other news, Quakewave arrived today! And is awesome. And solid as hell. And has the most ridiculously tight joints I think I've ever encountered.

I also seem to have two sets of replacement arm parts instead of the originally listed opaque hand & gun barrel. Hrmm.

I ordered from aces toy store and didn't receive the solid hand and gun. When I contacted them they said they hadn't received the solid hand and gun yet but would in a few weeks at which time they would send them out. Perhaps this is the case with other retailers as well?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Phy posted:

It's still really, really Dorvack/G1. Like almost slavishly so.

The head is dead on "No, your expression is more like this". And I think with some finagling you can make his legs more backwards bendy.

I'm sure someone will steal Sandstorm's rotors and make Whirl even more comic accurate.