Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
I seem to be having trouble with the update. I lost all highlighting, the quick reply box, and the "open unread threads in new tabs" link (maybe other stuff, but those are the things I use the most, so that's what I've noticed). I tried unchecking the options, restarting Chrome, rechecking them, restarting again - no luck. I uninstalled SALR Redux, reinstalled it, and it seemed to be working - I had the red and blue buttons in the User CP, at any rate. I went back in and customized things, and now nothing works again.

I clicked "dump settings", but I'm not sure what to do with the next screen, so I can't be of too much help yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Master_Odin
Apr 15, 2010

My spear never misses its mark...

ladies
It sounds like something about SALR is breaking. Two things to help me:
1. Get the settings
  • Open Dump Settings Page
  • Hit Ctrl-A, then Ctrl-C.
  • Go to http://pastebin.com/ and paste the stuff there and submit
  • Post the link here
2. Get any error messages:
  • Hit the settings menu in the upper right of chrome
  • Go to Tools -> Javascript Console
  • Refresh page you notice SALR not working on
  • Copy and paste the red error message that you see there.

It most likely is some feature of jQuery that got changed/depreciated and is causing SALR to crash.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
1. Settings dump:
http://pastebin.com/MPDbwut9

2. Error messages:
code:
Error in event handler for 'undefined': Syntax error, unrecognized expression: img[src*=http://i.somethingawful.com/forumsystem/emoticons/] Error: Syntax error, unrecognized expression: img[src*=http://i.somethingawful.com/forumsystem/emoticons/]
    at Error (<anonymous>)
    at Function.at.error (chrome-extension://bogegdelcjhoaakaepmoglademmhiboo/js/jquery/jquery.js:4:16409)
    at bt (chrome-extension://bogegdelcjhoaakaepmoglademmhiboo/js/jquery/jquery.js:4:22203)
    at At (chrome-extension://bogegdelcjhoaakaepmoglademmhiboo/js/jquery/jquery.js:4:24929)
    at at (chrome-extension://bogegdelcjhoaakaepmoglademmhiboo/js/jquery/jquery.js:4:10676)
    at Function.at.matches (chrome-extension://bogegdelcjhoaakaepmoglademmhiboo/js/jquery/jquery.js:4:15762)
    at Function.x.extend.filter (chrome-extension://bogegdelcjhoaakaepmoglademmhiboo/js/jquery/jquery.js:5:23525)
    at ft (chrome-extension://bogegdelcjhoaakaepmoglademmhiboo/js/jquery/jquery.js:5:24043)
    at x.fn.extend.not (chrome-extension://bogegdelcjhoaakaepmoglademmhiboo/js/jquery/jquery.js:5:21469)
    at SALR.modifyImages (chrome-extension://bogegdelcjhoaakaepmoglademmhiboo/js/salr.js:680:29) [VM] event_bindings (77):346

Master_Odin
Apr 15, 2010

ladies
oh, apparently I hit save as draft instead of publishing the bug-fix update yesterday. SALR should update with this fixed shortly. You'll know it's fixed if it's at 2.0.1.

unpronounceable
Apr 4, 2010

You mean we still have another game to go through?!
Fallen Rib
I was going to post about things not working, but I just updated to 2.0.1, and it's all good.

I noticed a weird field in the dump settings page, though. I have a key ignoreBookmarkStar, which has no associated value with it. I'm not sure if it'll cause any problems, but thought you might want to know about it.

crestfallen
Aug 2, 2009

Hi.
Just wanted to pop in and say thanks. I have been lucky and haven't had any issues (ever) but I still appreciate that you're working on this. So thanks.

e: actually for like a couple days quick reply simply went away, but then it came back. But that doesn't really count. Mystery.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
How do you get it to update? Is it like other Google things and it's a staggered rollout?

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Master_Odin posted:

in that extension folder, if you go to /js/quick-reply.js, on line 403, the height of the box gets set:
code:
    var max = '390px';
Change it to the value you want.

Note: I obviously don't exactly know if it'll break. Theoretically this shouldn't be necessary, and I'm going to try and come up with better values that end up a bit more "universal" for people so everyone has the same box.

450px seems to be the right size. If you change the CSS to auto-size it, is there a way in JS to pull that automatically generated height out as a variable & use that instead of hardcoding in specific sizes?

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
I'm having some weirdness with 2.0.1. Two things mostly, first the "display threads with new posts first" is not workings. nm, unchecking then rechecking the option in settings fixed it.

Second, pages 17 & 18 of this GBS thread are really screwed up, might have nothing to do with SALR and just be that thread since I haven't noticed it elsewhere.
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3542013&perpage=40&pagenumber=17#pti1

It loads 3 posts then there is a gigantic white space then a gigantic black space. If you try to scroll down the page just jitters. All I can do is use the Home or End keys to move to the top or bottom.

wormil fucked around with this message at 08:56 on Jul 17, 2013

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

hooah posted:

How do you get it to update? Is it like other Google things and it's a staggered rollout?
In the extensions menu, check the developer mode box and click Update Extensions Now.

wormil posted:

Second, pages 17 & 18 of this GBS thread are really screwed up, might have nothing to do with SALR and just be that thread since I haven't noticed it elsewhere.
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3542013&perpage=40&pagenumber=17#pti1

It loads 3 posts then there is a gigantic white space then a gigantic black space. If you try to scroll down the page just jitters. All I can do is use the Home or End keys to move to the top or bottom.
Both of these pages load fine for me.

ClassActionFursuit fucked around with this message at 11:25 on Jul 17, 2013

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
I just noticed you added the option for thread sorting in just the Bookmarks page. Thank you so much!

Master_Odin
Apr 15, 2010

ladies
Coming in the next version of SALR: User Notes are now synced to your google account and available on whatever computer you're on. :woop:

unpronounceable posted:

I was going to post about things not working, but I just updated to 2.0.1, and it's all good.

I noticed a weird field in the dump settings page, though. I have a key ignoreBookmarkStar, which has no associated value with it. I'm not sure if it'll cause any problems, but thought you might want to know about it.
It was used back when SALR only allowed you to not open bookmarks based off one star value. It's blank because you didn't have a star selected. It's since been depreciated. I guess I can try and add a way to remove it if it bothers people I guess.

oldskool posted:

450px seems to be the right size. If you change the CSS to auto-size it, is there a way in JS to pull that automatically generated height out as a variable & use that instead of hardcoding in specific sizes?
450px is incredibly awful for me! But yeah, I rewrote things that it should dynamically resize things based a bit off what the browser feels like assigning to auto I guess. If you wouldn't mind testing two files for me, I'd appreciate it as this is mainly aimed at you (and the other user who had issues with this):
quick-reply.css
quick-reply.js
Just copy and paste the contents of those files into the appropriate locations (as shown above) and let me know if it works. Everything should be adjusted automatically based off height: auto, such that your live preview box will be a bit bigger, the smilies/bbcode menu might be changed, etc. I'm not 100% sure how well this'll work, but we'll see as this does make everything work A LOT better on my smaller laptop.

wormil posted:

I'm having some weirdness with 2.0.1. Two things mostly, first the "display threads with new posts first" is not workings. nm, unchecking then rechecking the option in settings fixed it.

Are you using the friends highlight post feature of SALR and did one of your friends post on that page? There is a regression bug in that particular feature that slows down browser rendering pretty badly that I'm hoping to fix soon.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
I'll read them on my phone and see.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Master_Odin posted:

Coming in the next version of SALR: User Notes are now synced to your google account and available on whatever computer you're on. :woop:

Really fantastic. Thanks for all your work.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Master_Odin posted:

450px is incredibly awful for me! But yeah, I rewrote things that it should dynamically resize things based a bit off what the browser feels like assigning to auto I guess. If you wouldn't mind testing two files for me, I'd appreciate it as this is mainly aimed at you (and the other user who had issues with this):
quick-reply.css
quick-reply.js
Just copy and paste the contents of those files into the appropriate locations (as shown above) and let me know if it works. Everything should be adjusted automatically based off height: auto, such that your live preview box will be a bit bigger, the smilies/bbcode menu might be changed, etc. I'm not 100% sure how well this'll work, but we'll see as this does make everything work A LOT better on my smaller laptop.

Tried it on my work computer (where the original version worked fine): window opens fine, window closes fine. Window minimizes fine but does not want to un-minimize all the time; I can't figure out what the pattern is but sometimes it opens back up as expected, and then suddenly the up unminimize arrow just opens & closes the smiley window and the big quick reply box won't come up from the bottom.

fake edit: and then sometimes it works but the X button toggles the smiley window instead.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
Is there a way to define what a "long quote" is for the purposes of collapsing them? It's currently collapsing posts with one image and one word.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

oldskool posted:

Tried it on my work computer (where the original version worked fine): window opens fine, window closes fine. Window minimizes fine but does not want to un-minimize all the time; I can't figure out what the pattern is but sometimes it opens back up as expected, and then suddenly the up unminimize arrow just opens & closes the smiley window and the big quick reply box won't come up from the bottom.

fake edit: and then sometimes it works but the X button toggles the smiley window instead.

Does the same thing on my home PC. Seems to work fine until some random trigger causes the buttons to turn into the smiley button.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.
E: never mind. The location of the button got changed.

ilkhan fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Jul 18, 2013

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl
My keyboard navigation isn't working.

Master_Odin
Apr 15, 2010

ladies

Aatrek posted:

It seems to work fine for me?

Two things to help me:
1. Get the settings
  • Open Dump Settings Page
  • Hit Ctrl-A, then Ctrl-C.
  • Go to http://pastebin.com/ and paste the stuff there and submit
  • Post the link here
2. Get any error messages:
  • Hit the settings menu in the upper right of chrome
  • Go to Tools -> Javascript Console
  • Refresh page you notice SALR not working on
  • Copy and paste the red error message that you see there.

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl
Here you go: http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=VmMA3Cx8

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Master_Odin posted:

Can you get it to happen sorta reliably? If so, if you could turn off "tap to click", and see if it continues to happen. I'm guessing that some of your presses are registering as a right click and as you pull downard, you hit the bottom button which refreshes the page. If that is the case, I'll add a setting that enables/disables that behavior as the user wants.
I've found a way to kind of force the same problem but you'll need tap to click turned on.

If you rapidly two-finger tap over and over on the trackpad without actually clicking it will eventually start refreshing the page and will continue to do so with every subsequent tap if you slow down. Here's where it differs from when it happens organically though, if you stop tapping and let the page fully load then two-finger click or tap, it returns to behaving correctly. When it just happens without forcing it you can wait as long as you want, two-finger click or tap will always refresh the page until you either 1) use Option to toggle the gestures off, 2) you switch tabs, or 3) you focus on another application and back. I imagine due to Chrome's tab sandboxing that 2 & 3 are in essence the same thing.

Another thing to note, you can watch the cursor when you're rapidly clicking to force the reload and it definitely isn't moving.

e: Found an even easier way to force it and it's much more reliable. Load a page and rapidly two-finger tap while it's loading. As far as I can tell it does it every time.

ClassActionFursuit fucked around with this message at 12:10 on Jul 19, 2013

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Youtube video links don't get pasted correctly. If I use quick reply it pastes it as a url, and if I use the video tag it doesn't work as well. Its only when I take the end of the url and use the video tag it embeds correctly.

Can you auto-detect youtube links like the native forum does?

Master_Odin
Apr 15, 2010

ladies

oldskool posted:

Yeah, fixed this. I didn't realize an array of variables about the state of the quick-reply box gets "reset" when closing the window. Fixed this, as well changed the default behavior of the QR to open expanded if it's closed, regardless if you minimized it before closing it. You can get this by just updating quick-reply.js.

hooah posted:

Is there a way to define what a "long quote" is for the purposes of collapsing them? It's currently collapsing posts with one image and one word.
At the moment, it's just defined as the pixel value of the height of the quote box. I believe it's set to 150px or larger will be minimized automatically.

Aatrek posted:

Using your settings, and my keyboard navigation remains unaffected. Can you try step 2 (report the error message). If that doesn't work, can you tell me what particular keys don't work, as well as if you were doing anything special at the time (opened quick-reply box and closed it, then keyboard shortcuts didn't work, etc.)

LastInLine posted:

I've found a way to kind of force the same problem but you'll need tap to click turned on.

If you rapidly two-finger tap over and over on the trackpad without actually clicking it will eventually start refreshing the page and will continue to do so with every subsequent tap if you slow down. Here's where it differs from when it happens organically though, if you stop tapping and let the page fully load then two-finger click or tap, it returns to behaving correctly. When it just happens without forcing it you can wait as long as you want, two-finger click or tap will always refresh the page until you either 1) use Option to toggle the gestures off, 2) you switch tabs, or 3) you focus on another application and back. I imagine due to Chrome's tab sandboxing that 2 & 3 are in essence the same thing.

Another thing to note, you can watch the cursor when you're rapidly clicking to force the reload and it definitely isn't moving.

e: Found an even easier way to force it and it's much more reliable. Load a page and rapidly two-finger tap while it's loading. As far as I can tell it does it every time.
This should be fixed in the 2.0.2 release. The bottom button was being defined in a slightly odd fashion I guess that caused it to be displayed incorrectly until the page was fully loaded. This made it so by tapping the double click caused the buttons to appear, and for you to be hitting the bottom button. Changed the CSS around though so it's more inline with the code for the other buttons, and I can't seem to replicate this, but I never could do it reliably in the first place.

kri kri posted:

Youtube video links don't get pasted correctly. If I use quick reply it pastes it as a url, and if I use the video tag it doesn't work as well. Its only when I take the end of the url and use the video tag it embeds correctly.

Can you auto-detect youtube links like the native forum does?
What part of SALR doesn't work like the forums? When you hit "Submit Reply", it submits the data to 'newreply.php' which the forums go through, so all BBCode handling is done by SA.

Master_Odin fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Jul 23, 2013

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Master_Odin posted:

This should be fixed in the 2.0.2 release. The bottom button was being defined in a slightly odd fashion I guess that caused it to be displayed incorrectly until the page was fully loaded. This made it so by tapping the double click caused the buttons to appear, and for you to be hitting the bottom button. Changed the CSS around though so it's more inline with the code for the other buttons, and I can't seem to replicate this, but I never could do it reliably in the first place.
Weird that you can't replicate it, now that I've found out that I can do it by two-finger tapping any time a page is loading I can force it 100% of the time. The reason I was seeing it mostly in the YOSPOS pics thread is because of GIFs taking forever to load.

Master_Odin
Apr 15, 2010

ladies

LastInLine posted:

Weird that you can't replicate it, now that I've found out that I can do it by two-finger tapping any time a page is loading I can force it 100% of the time. The reason I was seeing it mostly in the YOSPOS pics thread is because of GIFs taking forever to load.
Well, I phrased that wrong. I can't replicate the issue after the CSS changes to the bottom button. I could do it somewhat reliably before. I'm thinking it's fixed though at this junction.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Master_Odin posted:

Yeah, fixed this. I didn't realize an array of variables about the state of the quick-reply box gets "reset" when closing the window. Fixed this, as well changed the default behavior of the QR to open expanded if it's closed, regardless if you minimized it before closing it. You can get this by just updating quick-reply.js.

Works great. Thanks so much, I know you put a ton of time into this bug just for apparently me & one other person and I appreciate it.

Master_Odin
Apr 15, 2010

ladies

oldskool posted:

Works great. Thanks so much, I know you put a ton of time into this bug just for apparently me & one other person and I appreciate it.
Lucky for you it sorta affected me on my laptop (couldn't use live preview)! Or else I wouldn't have cared! :v:

I'll release this live hopefully tomorrow for everyone else. Just waiting on more details about the hotkeys and youtube video at the moment to see if a couple more bug fixes are going to make it in.

Master_Odin fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Jul 24, 2013

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

I will try to explain the Youtube embedding thing a bit better.

If I use quick reply and paste in a youtube url, and submit, it creates a [url] link.

If I use quick reply and highlight the youtube url and select "video" it creates a broken [video] link.

If I don't user quick reply and I paste in a youtube video it auto-embeds. Let me know if I did a terrible job explaining this.

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl

Master_Odin posted:

Using your settings, and my keyboard navigation remains unaffected. Can you try step 2 (report the error message). If that doesn't work, can you tell me what particular keys don't work, as well as if you were doing anything special at the time (opened quick-reply box and closed it, then keyboard shortcuts didn't work, etc.)

I'm not getting an error message - where would I see it? Any keys with navigation components don't do anything: 'r' doesn't bring up the reply window; 'e' doesn't bring up an Edit window; 'Esc' doesn't get me out of the Quick Reply, etc.

Master_Odin
Apr 15, 2010

ladies

kri kri posted:

I will try to explain the Youtube embedding thing a bit better.

If I use quick reply and paste in a youtube url, and submit, it creates a [url][/url] link.

If I use quick reply and highlight the youtube url and select "video" it creates a broken [video] link.

If I don't user quick reply and I paste in a youtube video it auto-embeds. Let me know if I did a terrible job explaining this.
If you copy and paste a youtube link into the reply window, it should be auto-formatted. Beyond that, it seems like functionality is the same? The second case definitely seems to work fine for me, as it's just paste http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23fdQ6hQdoA, highlight it, and then hit [video] from the sidemenu right? As that seems to work just fine?

(though this does point out that the live preview bbcode engine needs an update to handle more cases as it breaks pretty easily on something like a lone [url] tag)

Aatrek posted:

I'm not getting an error message - where would I see it? Any keys with navigation components don't do anything: 'r' doesn't bring up the reply window; 'e' doesn't bring up an Edit window; 'Esc' doesn't get me out of the Quick Reply, etc.
Ah, a couple hotkeys don't work. Most do, but some (like the open quick reply fail). I'm guessing this might have to do with the fact I've rewritten some of the logic behind it to handle some stuff a bit differently with the jQuery update. It seems like the page and post hotkeys work, but the quick reply ones do not. Thanks for this.

e: this is because I moved some logic above where it was, above a variable that got defined that was used in the logic I moved. If you didn't get that, don't worry, it's simply that I'm an idiot sometimes basically. A fix will be released for this tomorrow. :v:

Master_Odin fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Jul 24, 2013

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Using quick reply doesn't auto-format the youtube link though.

It just creates a url. I am talking about embedding the video into the forums.

This

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23fdQ6hQdoA

vs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23fdQ6hQdoA

It works perfectly fine if I don't use quick reply.

Flagrama
Jun 19, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
Emoticons in fi.somethingawful.com/safs get turned to links in read posts when the option to do so to images is on.

Master_Odin
Apr 15, 2010

ladies

kri kri posted:

Using quick reply doesn't auto-format the youtube link though.

It just creates a url. I am talking about embedding the video into the forums.

It works perfectly fine if I don't use quick reply.
Yeah, it only does this when you ctrl+v a youtube link, which is something I have to add. All other types of embedding a youtube video into the forums (using hte video tags manually for example) work fine.

Flagrama posted:

Emoticons in fi.somethingawful.com/safs get turned to links in read posts when the option to do so to images is on.
SomethingAwful keeps its smilies in three different directories. This is strange to me, but it's fixed nevertheless. Hopefully they don't introduce a fourth directory in the future. e: test :cheeky: :) :dance:

Anyway, uploaded 2.0.2 to the web store now:

Changelog posted:

### v2.0.2 (7/25/2013)

* Update Quick Reply size logic to work better on various monitor resolutions
* Fix Mouse Gestures bottom button location. Should prevent random page refreshes from occuring (esp. on two-finger scroll on Macs)
+ Add ability to by default check any/all checkboxes in quick reply window
+ Setting sections now minimize automatically if selecting a different area
* Fixed mouse gestures breaking when display first and last three pages option was selected
* Fixed some smilies being converted to links when ImageToLink was selected

Master_Odin fucked around with this message at 14:00 on Jul 31, 2013

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Sweet, I can Esc out of quick reply again. Thanks, Master_Odin!

E: What counts as a "long" quote? SALR keeps tldr:ing quotes with 30 words. An option to increase the amount of words until it does would be sweet.

Stare-Out fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Jul 25, 2013

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Stare-Out posted:

Sweet, I can Esc out of quick reply again. Thanks, Master_Odin!

E: What counts as a "long" quote? SALR keeps tldr:ing quotes with 30 words. An option to increase the amount of words until it does would be sweet.
From this exact page:

Master_Odin posted:

hooah posted:

At the moment, it's just defined as the pixel value of the height of the quote box. I believe it's set to 150px or larger will be minimized automatically.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Huh, missed that. I didn't realize it wasn't based on word count.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

How would I go about reporting that threads I reply to seem to become unbookmarked at random?

EDIT: Nope, it's consistent.

EDIT 2: I just noticed it seems to untoggle "Bookmark Thread" when editing quick replies. Even though it's set to bookmark quick-replied threads.

dont be mean to me fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Jul 28, 2013

Master_Odin
Apr 15, 2010

ladies

Sir Unimaginative posted:

How would I go about reporting that threads I reply to seem to become unbookmarked at random?

EDIT: Nope, it's consistent.

EDIT 2: I just noticed it seems to untoggle "Bookmark Thread" when editing quick replies. Even though it's set to bookmark quick-replied threads.
It technically doesn't matter if that option is checked after you bookmark it. It's the first time that really matters. Unless for some reason that after you use the quick reply, it unbookmarks threads which would make no sense whatsoever.

(For reference, the actual post page does the same thing by default)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Master_Odin posted:

Unless for some reason that after you use the quick reply, it unbookmarks threads which would make no sense whatsoever.

This is precisely what was happening.

And the quick edit had "Bookmark thread" unchecked, even though it was checked in settings, and did in fact unbookmark the thread unless I manually re-checked it.

• Locked thread