Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

What have we here?

A Minicon Combiner? Miniconbiner? Looks pretty rad!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

GD_American posted:

It's much easier to self-select on the Internet and even now and again some of you fuckers here are embarrassing

Embarrassing? You never got rammed with a loving cart over a clearanced 2-pack.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

I'm into some pretty obscure robot toys over here, you've probably never heard of them.

Lepecard
May 19, 2009
Soiled Meat

Rhyno posted:

Embarrassing? You never got rammed with a loving cart over a clearanced 2-pack.

Hey there! "Also got hit by a shopping cart" buddy! :hfive:

Ok, whoever is in charge of putting gloss on these preview toys, KNOCK IT OFF!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Lepecard posted:

Holy poo poo, it's an epidemic.

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice

Lepecard posted:

It's more likely a protective finish so that the painted prototypes they put out for display don't just completely disintegrate. I dislike the gloss as much as the next guy, but given the choice between boring-rear end monochrome test shots and some offish-looking paintjobs, I'd go for the latter.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
The knight design for the new ladyplanebot looked better. :saddowns:

Lepecard
May 19, 2009
Soiled Meat

3 posted:

It's more likely a protective finish so that the painted prototypes they put out for display don't just completely disintegrate. I dislike the gloss as much as the next guy, but given the choice between boring-rear end monochrome test shots and some offish-looking paintjobs, I'd go for the latter.

I wasn't being completely serious but just look at Skids and the Armada Starscream.

It probably is a protective finish to keep them safe during transportation and however many times they're transformed for display/posing.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

The_Doctor posted:

The head is dead on "No, your expression is more like this". And I think with some finagling you can make his legs more backwards bendy.

I'm sure someone will steal Sandstorm's rotors and make Whirl even more comic accurate.
:goonsay: inc

The official Whirl photos (or at least the ones on TFW) are kind of strange. It seems that in at least 2 of the images they photoshopped an entire arm from another photo.

In other news I now find myself wanting Weaponizer Ultra Magnus.

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

Implement all of them as characters and make them a combiner

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
So is there any word on what this Covenant of Primus thing entails? Because HOT drat I'd get it for the box alone :flashfap:

404GoonNotFound fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Jul 19, 2013

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

404GoonNotFound posted:

So is there any word on what this Covenant of Primus thing entails? Because HOT drat I'd get it for the box alone:

From Amazon:

quote:

Book Description
Release date: December 10, 2013

The Covenant of Primus delves into the depths of Transformers mythology to reveal the backstory that’s previously only been hinted at.
Encased in an interlocking Autobot emblem that when pulled open emits Transformer sounds, this tome is a gift to humans from Alpha Trion, one of the ancient Thirteen Primes—the first of the Transformers. Little is known about Alpha Trion, and the rest of the Thirteen Primes have been shrouded in mystery—until now. The Covenant of Primus reveals the stories of these ancient heroes for the first time. It chronicles the saga of Optimus Prime and Megatron and covers the full history of the Transformers. Never-before-seen illustrations depict battles, portraits of the Thirteen Primes, and detailed scenes of the Transformers’ world. Offering insight into their origins, the Golden Age of exploration, the great civil war between the Autobots and Decepticons, and much more, this book is the definitive in-world history of the Transformers.

Product Features:

- Autobot shield case with three-part interlocking manual opening system and three classic Transformers audio effects
- Hardcover book with newly commissioned cover art, 20 newly commissioned illustrations, and many never-before-seen images from the Hasbro archive

e: suggest you watch the video with the product images.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Yonic Symbolism posted:

Yeah not seeing much resemblance to the idw design in that whirl

Wow I love that comic but that is a stupid-looking design the moment you give it some thought. Good luck looking down!

That actually applies to a lot of transformers....

Oh god I'm never going to stop thinking about this, all my alternators are ruined.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

I'm kind of torn over Scoop. As a kid he was the only Targetmaster I had (other than the Targetmaster versions of Hot Rod and Kup, who I never really counted as "true" Targetmasters) so for me it's kind of cool to get him, but at the same time he's a nothing character, and he pretty much looks like a simplified Energon Landmine, and the new Targetmasters themselves aren't really much of an improvement over the G1 versions. I never thought we'd see the return of the unileg. If they're going to delve into the '87-and-later guys there's a lot of more interesting figures I'd rather have gotten.

Armada Starscream and that out-of-nowhere Minicon combiner look great, though I feel bad for the poor Minicon who hast to become the legs when you look at it from the back.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

Why cookie Rocket posted:

Wow I love that comic but that is a stupid-looking design the moment you give it some thought. Good luck looking down!

That actually applies to a lot of transformers....

Oh god I'm never going to stop thinking about this, all my alternators are ruined.

Starscream was never able to look left or right. Big turbines in the way of his head!

Honestly, that Whirl looks decent guys.

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

:smug::smug::xd:
The Whirl is from his design in Chaos Theory and Shadowplay guys. Its not as cool as MTMTE design but still a cool mold :)

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

Oh cool its a female Drift. I love the originality of this fandom.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

Haha, wow, the reaction in this thread to the Fanmade character is loving grim.

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I'll spin it for you quick...
It's R63 Armada Starscream. That's great, because it's silly enough on it's own, but also, no matter what they do with her, it's going to be hilarious to me to watch people react with vitriol.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:
They just had to go with katanas and heels didn't they.

LightsGameraAction
Sep 4, 2006

SpikeMcclane posted:

It's R63 Armada Starscream. That's great, because it's silly enough on it's own, but also, no matter what they do with her, it's going to be hilarious to me to watch people react with vitriol.

Aren't they just making a toy of her? I didn't think she was actually being written into any fiction.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

*fanfiction does not count.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

I just wanna know who/where they polled about this character? I never saw a vote/checklist/survey. Was this just something FunPub handed out to the Uber Fans?

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

It was a public poll or you make the card robot style nonsense on facebook or something.

I like the design, but we probably won't see the two til when? And by then who knows what it'll look like.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Ka0 posted:

They just had to go with katanas and heels didn't they.

Count your blessings that it doesn't have a fedora shaped head.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

The Rage posted:

I just wanna know who/where they polled about this character? I never saw a vote/checklist/survey. Was this just something FunPub handed out to the Uber Fans?

I voted at Hasbro's website. I don't know if there were other places.

I still want my construction vehicle Autobot with a sniper rifle. :argh:

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.
So apparently by the end of the day SDCC Metroplex was going for $400 on the floor. My friend who picked one up for me said someone offered her $500 cash for it as she was walking out with it. I did not think silver legs and an extra gun would whip people into such a frenzy.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Got my Generations Springer from Amazon today (since Hasbro Oz wont import him). Great looking figure :)

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

The Rage posted:

Oh cool its a female Drift. I love the originality of this fandom.
It's a robot with a big sword and that means it's Drift?n It has a legit geisha thing going on instead of just being a guy with a big katana as a joke about Tokyo Drift. I love that head design and if it's even half as good as the concept it'll be nuts. The wing design with the turbines makes me think it might even be a neat looking plane too. We're getting an Autobot Geisha/Kabuki VTOL Plane and you're complaining about originality? I always thought the hate on Drift was because he was just a regular rear end robot that was also a katana master and loved Japan because that would be cool and that was used in lieu of a personality but we're getting a legit Samurai Autobot plane! She works perfectly as the Autobot counterpart to Bludgeon, he's the evil samurai brute-force altmode guy and she's the cool Kabuki dancing VTOL jet-plane lady.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

What with her theme and color scheme, I just can't shake it from my head that she's Perceptor after he got a sex change and became a geisha.

Again, no, I am not making that up, yes, it happened in an actual episode of G1. (G1 got loving weird as poo poo)

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.
I just wish we could get a horrible stereotype themed transformer that's NOT Japanese. I'd be thrilled to own a Sikh-themed female plane robot. Or Russian. Or Eskimo. Or just...not Japanese. I'm talking aesthetics, not accent.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

Mecha-Zangief Transformer please. OH GOD I NEED THIS

FOR MOTHER RUSSIA :ussr:

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

Which man, Ashley Woods REALLY needs to get on some 3A Pacific Rim toys. I want a foot-tall Cherno Alpha please.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Why cookie Rocket posted:

I'd be thrilled to own a Sikh-themed female plane robot.

I think it'd be more likely she transformed into a kaur.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

Rei_ posted:

Which man, Ashley Woods REALLY needs to get on some 3A Pacific Rim toys. I want a foot-tall Cherno Alpha please.

Basically what we need is anybody other than NECA doing Pacific Rim toys.

Honest Ray
Feb 10, 2007

Your bargaining posture is highly dubious.
I wish we got our grumpy Decepticon spaceship with a harpoon. I'll never forgive the fandom for this.

revtoiletduck
Aug 21, 2006
smart newbie
So she's definitely an Autobot? And does a decent Slipstream toy exist?

I still think jets are cool.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

revtoiletduck posted:

So she's definitely an Autobot? And does a decent Slipstream toy exist?

I still think jets are cool.

Slipstream is a TFCC Subscription figure that is a redeco of FE Starscream, which looks fine but costs an arm and a leg.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Picked up a replacement Springer at walmart today, the replacement tabs together a LOT more solidly than the first one I got, and so I'm a whole lot happier with him now!

I also found a Sandstorm, haven't messed with him yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

Gammatron 64 posted:

Basically what we need is anybody other than NECA doing Pacific Rim toys.

Man, this is pure 100% concentrated truth. Come on, Hot Toys, give us some love here.