Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

seigfox
Dec 2, 2005

Just an average guy who serves as an average hero.

calandryll posted:

I want to know where I can get a casual lab coat.

Maybe you already have a casual lab coat and you should be asking yourself what a formal lab coat looks like. This is perfect Carlos we're talking about here, he's not gonna wear just anything to work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leospeare
Jun 27, 2003
I lack the ability to think of a creative title.
You just know Carlos has an old lab coat with a frayed hem and grease stains that he wears when changing the oil in his car.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Hey CTS! I've always loved your writing, this show is great too, and I just wanted to let you know (if you don't already), that you've apparently graduated to having a Tumblr fandom. I've seen a bunch of posts on my dash with fanart and speculation in the last couple of days.

Feriowind
Mar 22, 2009

But how does it taste?
Wow I just marathoned this entire podcast on a flight back home and it's fantastic! I have to admit I first heard about it from tumblr, but I didn't actually get around to listening to it until I found the thread here.

:D Count me in the fanart bandwagon as well, this series has such interesting characters and imagery, it's really hard to resist wanting to draw something from it!

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

:coolfish:

Android Blues posted:

Hey CTS! I've always loved your writing, this show is great too, and I just wanted to let you know (if you don't already), that you've apparently graduated to having a Tumblr fandom. I've seen a bunch of posts on my dash with fanart and speculation in the last couple of days.

How much cecil/carlos yaoi? :froggonk:

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm
I recently discovered this while searching for something to listen to at work (I do metadata entry for sporting events as well as non-linear editing, so I have a LOT of time spent staring at a computer in silence). It fits the bill perfectly. I'm to The Episode About You and absolutely loving the whole thing. I hope this keeps going and finding an audience for years to come.

I actually got a weird look from my boss for bursting out laughing at one bit ("And now for a word from our sponsors. And that word is...Carp!"). The delivery on that line was stunningly perfect.

You guys totally deserve the number one spot, keep it up!

maxnmona
Mar 16, 2005

if you start with drums, you have to end with dynamite.

Android Blues posted:

I think you're a little confused on which SA writer I am.

Feriowind
Mar 22, 2009

But how does it taste?
I hope no one minds if I post some fanart here too.

My take on Cecil and Kevin!

Fantastic Alice
Jan 23, 2012

Well I listened to the first 2 episodes of it and it seemed pretty good. Plan to listen to more of it when I got on my evening walk, keep up the good work man.

Also what kind of cat is Hovecat?

Fantastic Alice fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Jul 20, 2013

Amused to Death
Aug 10, 2009

google "The Night Witches", and prepare for :stare:

Android Blues posted:

that you've apparently graduated to having a Tumblr fandom. I've seen a bunch of posts on my dash with fanart and speculation in the last couple of days.

Yup. I saw something pop up about it which suddenly reminded me of this thread, so I decided to give Night Vale a listen because hey, you described it as NPR from the Twilight Zone, and I absolutely love this.

Yo, imma blob
Apr 29, 2007

have you any wool
Just finished this last night, found the thread today and started listening to it over again from the start just now. I really love Cecil's unbridled scorn for Desert Bluffs, and the Mayor is loving awesome. :allears:

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

maxnmona posted:

I think you're a little confused on which SA writer I am.

Yeah, sorry, I realised I had made this mistake about an hour ago and was like, "oh man". It was purely a name slip thing, I always thought your stuff was fantastic. CTS is great too of course!

dj_clawson
Jan 12, 2004

We are all sinners in the eyes of these popsicle sticks.
It seems to have taken the fan fiction community about four days to become entirely about unsettling things. Technically it's not a record, but it is pretty fast.

Hang on Sloopy
Dec 15, 2006

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me
Like many others here I am a recent Welcome to Night Vale convert and have also done some fanart.

Financial news from episodes 19A&B

From episode 25: One Year Later

Thank you for providing this rockin podcast!

Sphon
Jul 2, 2008

dj_clawson posted:

It seems to have taken the fan fiction community about four days to become entirely about unsettling things.

Is non-unsettling Night Vale fan fiction really Night Vale fan fiction at all?

On a more serious note, I love the show. The writing's amazing and you've introduced me to some wonderful music. Congratulations on topping Apple's podcast charts too!

dj_clawson
Jan 12, 2004

Sphon posted:

Is non-unsettling Night Vale fan fiction really Night Vale fan fiction at all?

On a more serious note, I love the show. The writing's amazing and you've introduced me to some wonderful music. Congratulations on topping Apple's podcast charts too!

Dude, I had to look up what "knotting" was because there was a warning for it. It's unsettling in a whole different way.

Some of it is really excellent though.

dj_clawson fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Jul 21, 2013

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Yo, imma blob posted:

Just finished this last night, found the thread today and started listening to it over again from the start just now. I really love Cecil's unbridled scorn for Desert Bluffs, and the Mayor is loving awesome. :allears:

Desert Bluffs deserves every bit of it, them and their hideous sports arena.

Dimloep
Nov 5, 2011

dj_clawson posted:

Dude, I had to look up what "knotting" was because there was a warning for it. It's unsettling in a whole different way.

Some of it is really excellent though.

My personal favorite: i laugh all the way to hell So sweet :3:

AllanGordon
Jan 26, 2010

by Shine

Dimloep posted:

My personal favorite: i laugh all the way to hell So sweet :3:

Oh man now I can't help but look forward to the eventual (I hope) write a short story and we'll voice act it contest.

Feriowind
Mar 22, 2009

But how does it taste?
I really loved the scene with the lights above Arby's in episode 25, so I tried to illustrate it!

Feriowind fucked around with this message at 06:05 on Jul 26, 2013

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

dj_clawson
Jan 12, 2004

No wonder they had to post not to sell this stuff. It's just made for etsy.

dj_clawson
Jan 12, 2004

Fanfiction coming in so fast at Archive of Our Own I think people are reposting their stories so they can get back up to the top. This was a thing that used to happen to me at Fanfiction.net - whenever I posted, someone else would immediately post a new chapter of her story so she could be at the top of the list. As if people don't have scroll buttons.

My fanfic is going to kick rear end but be unappreciated for lack of tentacle sex.

Fantastic Alice
Jan 23, 2012

So does the Siren Watch thing mentioned in Street Cleaning Day mean sirens like the ones going off or sirens like the monsters that lure men off to their doom with their voices? I assume the first but frankly I wouldn't put it past Night Vale to have some confused Sirens in it.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Why can't it be both? Sirens need to pay the rent like everyone else.

effika
Jun 19, 2005
Birds do not want you to know any more than you already do.
Our cat quite enjoys Cecil's voice! She likes to snuggle as we listen. :3:

Although that episode with Koshek's "hungry" meow freaked her right out. Whatever you guys sampled is apparently horrifying to kitties-- kudos for the equal-opportunity terror funtimes!

dj_clawson
Jan 12, 2004

effika posted:

Our cat quite enjoys Cecil's voice! She likes to snuggle as we listen. :3:

Although that episode with Koshek's "hungry" meow freaked her right out. Whatever you guys sampled is apparently horrifying to kitties-- kudos for the equal-opportunity terror funtimes!

Speaking of, is there an official spelling for Koshek? Fandom would really, really like to know.

Alikchi
Aug 18, 2010

Thumbs up I agree

dj_clawson posted:

Speaking of, is there an official spelling for Koshek? Fandom would really, really like to know.

There is, but your keyboard can't produce the necessary letters (no keyboard can)

The Hebug
May 24, 2004
I am a bug...

I have to say this podcast is simply awesome. I stumbled across this thread while randomly checking GBS and forgot about it for a while. Last week I gave the first few episodes a shot and I'm hooked. Hoping to be caught up soon, still about 10 episodes behind. I love all the callbacks and am going to try to avoid reading too much of this thread and spoil myself. I wish I had more friends that would appreciate this sort of weird stuff, but seems like there are plenty of listeners out there that do to push you guys to the most popular podcast on iTunes.

PS I haven't heard the episode with Koshek, but if it involves some demonic creature, perhaps it is something like K'Z'K, a demon that I remember from the Sluggy Freelance webcomic (is that thing still going?).

edit: vvv so this? חֹ֫שֶׁך

The Hebug fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Jul 25, 2013

maxnmona
Mar 16, 2005

Khoshekh, which Jeffrey based on the phonetic spelling of the Hebrew word for darkness. The end.

mistressminako
Aug 4, 2007

Beware the man in the wheelchair lurking off-screen.

I've had this thread bookmarked pretty much since you began the show, but it's only in the last few weeks that I've started listening. I have absolutely destroyed all episodes while at work and I've just purchased a shirt. The overall quality of your writing and the frequent callbacks (the crates) really put this over the top for me as a great podcast.

So, what I'm saying is: thanks for all the entertainment, and I look forward to more :allears:

mistressminako fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Jul 26, 2013

maxnmona
Mar 16, 2005

Shirts are back in stock, all sizes

http://www.commonplacebooks.com/p/commonplace-books-store.html

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I'm definitely buying one on money when I get payed. Hopefully the 2X's don't sell out.

Feriowind
Mar 22, 2009

But how does it taste?
:V Here's a drawing of Cecil in Desert Bluffs.

Thanks again for creating such an inspiring series!

Tres Burritos
Sep 3, 2009

:gonk:

Christ almighty!

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Neat!

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

Tres Burritos posted:

:gonk:

Christ almighty!

I can't unsee it. I Can't Unsee It! :gonk:

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Feriowind posted:

Oh my god! What a nice suit! That Cecil looks as good as he sounds, I'll tell you what.

Hang on Sloopy
Dec 15, 2006

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me

Feriowind posted:

Feriowind sure can make an art that is spectacularly terrifying. Specterrifying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

risky business
Oct 9, 2012

Barns?
Oh my God, please keep up this wave of horrifying/wonderful Kevin and Desert Bluffs art, guys. I approve so deeply.

Also, I originally heard Khoshekh's name as being кошек (Koshek), which is the Russian genitive plural (feminine) for "cat". Like naming a cat Kitty, but mangled in about fourteen ways. "Darkness" is also an amazing cat name, though.