Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

FishBulb posted:

For what it's worth he's a shithead rear end in a top hat scumbag shithead already.

Yeah, but he's a self-righteous one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Snacksmaniac posted:

The amount of file-level tweaking that could be done in a PC version of that would be overload.

Considering how much we can do with emulated copies of No Mercy, imagine if they gave us a wrestling game with honest-to-god mod tools.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Between the end of the generation and how the development bounced from THQ to 2K, 2K14 was always going to be a makeshift, make-weight game. The next one should have some actual new direction behind it, god willing. Not to say "just swallow your medicine and buy 2K14" but it's zero surprise if 2K14 is really lovely, and all the pressure is on for next year. Good luck, 2K.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
I hadn't noticed but they've put up a WWE 2k14 site and a roster page now and Macho Man is back in the game. Kinda odd they brought him back with no hoopla, but that's cool. It seems like they're trying to get more "golden age" people on the roster.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

His model, to the surprise of no one, has been poo poo whenever they've put him in the last couple of years. I want 80's Macho, goddamit! I think the last one had him in his Wrestlemania 7 attire.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

flashy_mcflash posted:

His model, to the surprise of no one, has been poo poo whenever they've put him in the last couple of years. I want 80's Macho, goddamit! I think the last one had him in his Wrestlemania 7 attire.

Just give him his Mania 3 attire. The classic pink trunks/yellow kneepads/yellow boots.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu
And the new info starts to appear

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
when you do a reversal, it’s straight into a move.

Does this mean no endless chains of reversals? That's a big improvement. I wish I could care about "OMG Moments" or "Catch Finishers" or "Catapult Finishers," but I feel like the game itself gives you almost no instruction on how to pull these things off and having your opponent actually get in the position to receive these things requires the stars to align.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Well, reading that put away any doubts that this was just going to be WWE 13 with an updated roster.

I have literally never cared about "combos" being easy to pull off in a wrestling game.

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

HEY RADICAL LARRY HOW ABOUT A HAIRCUT

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
Each year the animations look 'smooother' and the pacing is better. Curse your smoke and mirror preview.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

VogeGandire posted:

Just give him his Mania 3 attire. The classic pink trunks/yellow kneepads/yellow boots.

Exactly. That's the Macho we know and love. I'd also like the sequined cape please.

Parlett316
Dec 6, 2002

Jon Snow is viciously stabbed by his friends in the night's watch for wanting to rescue Mance Rayder from Ramsay Bolton
Well I'll be waiting until this is in the bargain bin unless there is some really neat mode like Attitude Era was.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Parlett316 posted:

Well I'll be waiting until this is in the bargain bin unless there is some really neat mode like Attitude Era was.

Like I've said, I'd be all over it if they just subbed out the Attitude Era with the Golden Era.

I want to play as Warrior and kick out of 5 Macho elbows at WM7 and cry like a child when Liz saves Macho :allears:

punchdaily
Nov 8, 2010
What would be nice to see is any actual information at all about the game. I understand the game comes out pretty soon, and they want a lot of pre-orders, but finding out the pre-order bonus before basically anything else about the game is a little irritating. All they've said so far is things they say every year, along with an obvious roster and the Ultimate Maniacs.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
"Catapult finisher" sounds dumb as hell. I hate when they create an entire new move "slot" that only has like five animations total, each of which is very specific to a certain wrestler. So I guess every single CAW online is gonna have a launching superkick?

It's kind of like how they have Cell Finishers now, instead of just dynamically letting a move knock you off the edge like in Smackdown 2 from 2000 A.D.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

punchdaily posted:

What would be nice to see is any actual information at all about the game. I understand the game comes out pretty soon, and they want a lot of pre-orders, but finding out the pre-order bonus before basically anything else about the game is a little irritating. All they've said so far is things they say every year, along with an obvious roster and the Ultimate Maniacs.

They do a big roster reveal at Summerslam Axxess, we should see a lot more there

Optimist with doubt
May 16, 2010

Scoop Lover

:vince:

he knows...

triplexpac posted:

Well, reading that put away any doubts that this was just going to be WWE 13 with an updated roster.

I have literally never cared about "combos" being easy to pull off in a wrestling game.

Yeah all the info I have read just made me download the dlc for wwe 13 and just say next year

RudoReels
Feb 21, 2013

RudoReels.com for International Pro Wrestling DVDs and Downloads.

Free downloads in every newsletter email!

remusclaw posted:

My perfect wrestling game is as follows. I may have missed some things.

stuff

• Memory based character creation limited by hard drive space, like in WWF Attitude?
• Alphabetized Character select applying to created characters.
• Everything else we already have, don’t take it away.

The 'stuff' was important but I agree most with these three things... especially the last.

BlueArmyMan posted:

Unless you were playing a handicap match in story mode, in which case it was cheap and horrifically unfair.

Looking at you, Shane & Vince :argh:

Oh god... forgot about those. Nooooo

VogeGandire posted:

Jesus, that's some terrible animation.

And why is he just jogging? That's the whole point, Ultimate Warrior should ALWAYS gas himself out booting it down the entranceway.

When he's shaking the ropes, Warrior looks like a child who is really excited to get into a ring for the first time. "goody goody! I wanna be a superstar!!"

Minidust posted:

"Catapult finisher" sounds dumb as hell. I hate when they create an entire new move "slot" that only has like five animations total, each of which is very specific to a certain wrestler. So I guess every single CAW online is gonna have a launching superkick?

It's kind of like how they have Cell Finishers now, instead of just dynamically letting a move knock you off the edge like in Smackdown 2 from 2000 A.D.

Am I understanding 'catapult' correctly by suggesting this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPBXmmnu74Q

If so.... omgomgomgomg
...and that's about the only use I'll have for it.

Jefferoo
Jun 24, 2008

by Lowtax
Giant Bomb Dot Com has an Ultimate Warrior interview. It falls apart at the end, but hey, he tried.

http://www.giantbomb.com/podcasts/interview-dumptruck/

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

RudoReels posted:

Am I understanding 'catapult' correctly by suggesting this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPBXmmnu74Q

If so.... omgomgomgomg
...and that's about the only use I'll have for it.
If you can counter it with that DDT Ziggler used last week, it's worth it.

DoctorDelaware
Mar 24, 2013

Alteisen posted:

Don't forget the bug that would erase your file at random.

:argh:

If not for that bug, I might still have an N64. But I got burned by it so many times...

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

They fixed that bug and released a new cart but the updated cart removed blood from showing up

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

The Croc posted:

They fixed that bug and released a new cart but the updated cart removed blood from showing up

I have no idea what luck I had, but my No Mercy cart never deleted data and also had blood. I literally never had a problem with it, and I played the hell out of it.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

2 new WWE 2K14 screenshots

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

(Actual in-game resolution shown.)

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

rear end-belt or no sale.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
So I am playing Tropico 4 and my dictator avatar is none other than Rey Mysterio,

A tornado just tore through my city, killing 10 people and destroying 5 buildings. It also injured el presidente, Rey Myserio of course. Even as the leader of a tropical island he cannot avoid injury

Valeyard fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Jul 18, 2013

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

I think he put my tables through a table.

Quasipox
Sep 6, 2008

njsykora posted:

I think he put my tables through a table.

AS GOD IS MY WITNESS, THIS FORUM IS BROKEN IN HALF!

:bahgawd:

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

HOW DO YOU LEARN TO SCROLL PAST A 20 FOOT JPEG?

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

SiKboy posted:

Holy poo poo.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

SiKboy posted:

Amazing.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

SiKboy posted:

Perfect.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

2K posted:

At a recent event in New York City, select members of the press got to interview WWE 2K14 pre-order bonus Legend, The Ultimate Warrior, and yes, spend some time with a build of WWE 2K14.

While we didn't give away everything, there were some notable improvements discussed at the event. And since we don't want to leave you in the dark, check out below for a list of all the tweaks, changes and updates discussed at the event, and make sure to stay tuned for more great updates to your new favorite game, WWE 2K14.

NEW NAVIGATION SYSTEM
The entire navigation system has been overhauled and reanimated including all walking, running, and dragging motions to give the game a more fluid and life-like feel and look.
Overall Superstar movement has been accelerated, meaning the action is faster-paced and more like what you see on WWE television.
There is now a "starting up" animation for when Superstars begin running. This leads to a more natural-looking match, where it is more difficult to "spam" running attacks.
Animation gestures have been added such as adjusting wrist bands, motioning for your opponent to get up, and many more to give a human-like appearance to the navigation system.

STRIKING CHANGES
Strikes and strike combos are now quicker and snappier, making them faster and harder to reverse.
Successfully landing a strike combo now puts your opponent in a groggy state, making groggy grapples appear earlier and more frequently.

REVERSAL SYSTEM IMPROVEMENTS
Reversing a grapple move now causes the reverser to do a move of his/her own automatically.
This cuts down on the endless back-and-forth "reversal fest" some users complained of in WWE '13 while also making the match move faster.

CATAPULT FINISHERS
Catching Finishers can now be executed offensively, by Irish Whipping your opponent to the ropes with a finisher stored or catapulting your opponent up when they run towards you.
Select finisher moves give you the ability to launch an opponent into the air and then hit them with a Catch Finisher on the way back down.

NEW OMG MOMENTS
New multi-man OMG Moments added to help you gain the upper-hand in multi-man matches. One OMG move can take out two opponents in one shot making it easier to get the win against multiple opponents.
Double Attitude Adjustment
Double Shellshock
Double Chokeslam
New OMG Moments added to allow you to dole out even more damage using the ring environment.
Boot-to-head on outside ringpost
DDT on the apron

TWO-COUNTS
One of the most reviled bugs in WWE '13 was the dearth of two-counts. This issue has been addressed, bringing back the dramatic near falls you know and love.

As you can see: Pretty exciting stuff. And the best news? We're only getting started with all the updates and revamps that come with WWE 2K14. As always, for the latest info on WWE 2K14, make sure to follow @WWEGames on Twitter and like us on Facebook. And don't forget to pre-order WWE 2K14, available in October 29 in North America, November 1 internationally.

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

HEY RADICAL LARRY HOW ABOUT A HAIRCUT

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
You are not touting 2 counts as a feature, you are NOT counting 2 counts as a feature.

I'm sad to be so jaded, but I think we've all been burnt by thq so many times. Although the new navigation sounds cool, look forward to any attempt to stop free run spam.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I might be in the minority, but I kind of liked the 'reversal fests' when it came to grapples, just not strikes. I just thought that they could've tuned down the reversals and kept them to more technical wrestlers rather than getting into a five-reversal series with goddamn Khali.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Yeah, they should have some stat tied to how easily and often they do reversals. I mean, I want a reversal-fest if I'm wrestling Daniel, but I don't want Big Show putting on a technical clinic.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

simosimo posted:

Although the new navigation sounds cool, look forward to any attempt to stop free run spam.

Now people will just use quick striking.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Jubs posted:

Now people will just use quick striking.

I am not sure the online component of this game series has ever been playable, but luckily that's not my draw. I didn't get WWE '13 because I kept hearing about too many glitches and it floated at $50-$60 everywhere for way too long. I'm one of those Here Comes the Pain guys because it has a bigger loving movelist than games released 10 years later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

I am not sure the online component of this game series has ever been playable, but luckily that's not my draw. I didn't get WWE '13 because I kept hearing about too many glitches and it floated at $50-$60 everywhere for way too long. I'm one of those Here Comes the Pain guys because it has a bigger loving movelist than games released 10 years later.

WWE 13 is easily worth it at the $20-30 it's probably at now (if not lower), especially if you don't care about playing online. You can easily get $30 of fun out of the creation suites and Attitude Mode.

• Locked thread