Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

Support Partner guide, worth putting in the OP?

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=210597

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aenslaed
Mar 29, 2004
Nonfactor
What I meant was that to hit for 500k+, the ability would have to hit for 50k+ without all the additional damage multipliers(ie walk up to a rappy and hit it with this ability solo without wb and etc).

Protocol 5
Sep 23, 2004

"I can't wait until cancer inevitably chokes the life out of Curt Schilling."

Aenslaed posted:

What I meant was that to hit for 500k+, the ability would have to hit for 50k+ without all the additional damage multipliers(ie walk up to a rappy and hit it with this ability solo without wb and etc).

Ah, gotcha. Yeah, wiki says it will hit for 50-60K depending on various factors like elemental weakness etc. For 6-7 seconds of charging, that's not really that impressive.

Edit: Maintenance today 10PM EST to 4AM EST. Apparently some rare enemies (darkers presumably) are not spawning in Shore zones.

Protocol 5 fucked around with this message at 12:01 on Jul 18, 2013

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Heads up - six hours of emergency maintenance at the regular time (11AM to 5PM JST) to fix bugs with rare coast enemies not showing up.

edit: Tomorrow, that is, 19th in Japan time.

kirbysuperstar fucked around with this message at 12:03 on Jul 18, 2013

Dawnfire
Aug 25, 2011

Bork Bork!
Did some testing myself on Bravermag and it seems to do exactly what it says. Gives you that % bonus to both your s-atk and r-atk exactly, and this bonus also counts toward weapon equip requirements. I think I'll work this into my build at some point and do a full dex mag.

Anyone know about Rapid Shot for bows? I haven't used it yet, and have only been given some descriptions. I'm wondering if I can stick a single point in it and be good with that, as the stats on it make me think this is workable. I know it reduces your damage, but only for regular shots. The thing I don't know is what the 'enhancement' stat means. It'd be fantastic if someone could clear that up.

Edit:
VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

Well I'd still opt out of rapid shoot mastery, I believe. So if the skill works like this I'll probably just stick the one point into Rapid shoot and leave it at that. I'd probably only have the points for maxing out rapid shot and it's mastery if I opted out of average stance and it's buff, but I believe I'd get more milage out of those. Thanks for helping clear it up.

Dawnfire fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Jul 18, 2013

Protocol 5
Sep 23, 2004

I haven't touched Rapid Shoot, since I'm planning on going full offense Br/Hu or Br/Fi katana monster, but from the description, it sounds like level one doubles fire rate, but reduces normal attack damage by 75%, while at level 10 it's triple fire rate at -66% damage. According to the wiki, Rapid Shoot Up and Rapid Shoot Mastery increase damage while in Rapid Shoot mode for all Bullet Bow attacks, so if you just want it to boost PAs, then you can get by on the bare minimum (3 points in this case).

On an unrelated note, I was tooling around Shore Exploration earlier and out of nowhere, level 15 Nafoie disk, the first new tech drop I've seen. The AoE on this thing is ridiculous.

Jowy
Dec 4, 2007

Jesus Christ, it's a Pyro!

Protocol 5 posted:

Ah, gotcha. Yeah, wiki says it will hit for 50-60K depending on various factors like elemental weakness etc. For 6-7 seconds of charging, that's not really that impressive.

Edit: Maintenance today 10PM EST to 4AM EST. Apparently some rare enemies (darkers presumably) are not spawning in Shore zones.

To add to this, there's already at least one video floating around of a Gu/Hu flattening Quartz in like 20 seconds on his own, no Weak Bullet, and not even using a Yasminkov.

As funny as it is to see Forces/Techers poo poo out mindblowing numbers in an ideal situation, it doesn't do much to invalidate anyone else.

On another note, the new knuckle PA Backhand Smash is loving hilarious. The range is poo poo (gee what a surprise) but the damage it does is just silly. It comes out pretty goddamn fast and I can just punch a crab in its weak point for a good 30k and oneshot them, so good riddance. Of course, it takes a lot of PP (45) and again, lovely range so it's not the answer to every problem, but it's fun to use.

Protocol 5
Sep 23, 2004

The take away from that screenshot is that Fo/Te with Namegid will be really good at breaking dragon parts. I had a Gunner in my party totally annihilate a downed Ragne (1 leg) by matrix flip JAing into Elder Rebellion on the WB'd core as a Chain Finisher.

Anyway, Guilty Break is also totally retarded. It's kinda like Assault Buster, but for swords, so it hits like a goddamn freight train when charged up. The lack of a good gap closer was a major sore point for swords, and this not only homes in and covers a long distance very fast, it also charges really quickly and does high damage with maxed out sword gauge. Assault Buster is probably still better for small packs and grounding flyers, though.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Protocol 5 posted:

The take away from that screenshot is that Fo/Te with Namegid will be really good at breaking dragon parts. I had a Gunner in my party totally annihilate a downed Ragne (1 leg) by matrix flip JAing into Elder Rebellion on the WB'd core as a Chain Finisher.

Yesterday while CBBing I took a detour from the zerg and ended up spawning a Persona. In two JA Elder Rebs I soloed it before the zerg could even get close.

The difference between old Gunner and new Gunner is night and day just because of that one skill, and it honestly says a lot about Sega's "balance skills," none of it good.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor
Ah, PSO2. I've been enjoying this for a while. I skulk about on Ship 2, but I'm a member of, GASP, a different Team.

Been playing around with the inevitable Duman Braver lately and.. I have to admit, I think I enjoy it more than my original character now.

Protocol 5
Sep 23, 2004

Good news, katana lovers! (Fake) Agito has been found. It's 10 stars, all class, 300 DEX, 680 S-ATK at +10. It drops off the rare bird darker Bal Brundahl. They're super expensive on my shop at the moment, but considering that rares weren't spawning properly before maintenance and it's a relatively common enemy type in freely accessible zones, it should come down.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
If it's not a shield-sword, it can gently caress right off. :colbert:

Umberger
Jan 24, 2010
Every one of the other new spells is pretty expensive so I'm holding off on purchasing them just now, but Nafoie is really good. Also it seems like Fo/Br could be a really competitive alternative to Fo/Fi. Weak Stance double dips on elemental weakness and weak spots, so you can do some pretty huge damage. My Braver is only 24 so far but I think it's already out-performing Fighter sub, and it's a lot easier to manage the Weak Stance benefits than Brave/Wise Stance ones. You lose out on being able to gain bonus damage to Zonde on everything, but I think that's not enough to make Fighter a better sub.

Also Br/Hu is pretty good.

Protocol 5
Sep 23, 2004

Yeah, I'm running Br/Hu and it's really fun. Not having to worry about positioning is nice, and katana are really fun. Fi/Br seems like it would be able to do absurd damage against boss weakpoints, but juggling 4 stances would be a pain the rear end, so I haven't experimented yet. The really great thing is that they attack so goddamn fast with katana and also have great ranged options with bows. the bow PAs are all pretty good except Jump Bomber, which is a pain to aim properly.

A note about Katana Combat: it makes you dash toward and attack whatever you have targeted, so you can pull stuff off that you normally can't, like meleeing the second hand up in the Falz Arm tower, and Ragne's core or Zeshraider's head when they're standing. The duration is fixed at 20 seconds, more points in Katana Combat reduce the CD by 10 seconds.

You can end Katana Combat mode before the duration is up to do a Finisher by hitting your hotkey again. The Finisher has you dramatically sheath your weapon, then triggers a powerful AoE. It can be JA'd, so setting it to 1-4 or using the B key is worthwhile.

Combat Finish doubles Finisher damage at rank 1, and triples it at rank 5. With no ranks in Combat Finish and about 1100 S-ATK and maxed Weak Stance, my Finisher did 15K to Snow Banshee's head (no WB or JA). With 1 rank in Combat Finish, I did 60K to a WB'd Falz Arm weakpoint. The AoE is quite large, so you can one-shot massive packs of trash easily.

U NO WUT IM SAIYAN
Jan 26, 2003

by angerbeet
My main complaint atm is that every single motherfucker is running Br/Hu, which means no one in parties is buffing or healing. On the other hand, iaido flashes everywhere and bosses die in seconds.

Miijhal
Jul 10, 2011

I am so tired... I am so tired all the time...

Jowy posted:

On another note, the new knuckle PA Backhand Smash is loving hilarious. The range is poo poo (gee what a surprise) but the damage it does is just silly. It comes out pretty goddamn fast and I can just punch a crab in its weak point for a good 30k and oneshot them, so good riddance. Of course, it takes a lot of PP (45) and again, lovely range so it's not the answer to every problem, but it's fun to use.

Knuckles are the answer to all problems.

Also, I'm guessing Te/Fi will still be superior to Te/Br because of Wise Stance's larger bonus compared to Weak Stance? Not to mention the lack of synergy with the rest of the Braver skills.

Miijhal fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Jul 19, 2013

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
<----------------------------

Miijhal posted:

Knuckles are the answer to all problems.

Also, I'm guessing Te/Fi will still be superior to Te/Br because of Wise Stance's larger bonus compared to Weak Stance? Not to mention the lack of synergy with the rest of the Braver skills.

Yeah, Fi still has Chase Advance that provides a great boost to wandbonking, and the next level I get on Fi will go to see how Adrenalin is.

Though having to worry about positioning for Brave/Wise stance still puts a strain on me after a while...

Miijhal
Jul 10, 2011

Adrenaline is bad. Don't take it. It doesn't actually increase Shifta/Deband duration, just reduces the amount of ticks you need to reach max duration.

Also apparently Te/Gu is also hilariously powerful since you can flip and then cast Namegid for twice it's damage.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

Handgun Harlot posted:

My main complaint atm is that every single motherfucker is running Br/Hu, which means no one in parties is buffing or healing. On the other hand, iaido flashes everywhere and bosses die in seconds.

Border Break is kinda funny right now. Persona spawns and there's this stream of energy shots that comes spiraling in to explode his rear end.

Protocol 5
Sep 23, 2004

I gotta hand it to them, they did a great job with Braver. The core gameplay is really fun, with cool animations and PAs, and you can build one to combo with any other class and get good results.

I need to get a better bow so I can see how well Br/Ra works. Weak Stance plus maxed out WHA and SS should make for some impressive headshots. Kamikaze Arrow is also hands down the best new PA. All problems should be solved by ramming into them headfirst.

fuxxo
Feb 17, 2010

Fucking Pokemon, how do they Surf?

Miijhal posted:

Adrenaline is bad. Don't take it. It doesn't actually increase Shifta/Deband duration, just reduces the amount of ticks you need to reach max duration.

Holy poo poo, I can't even believe how bad this is.

Umberger
Jan 24, 2010

fuxxo posted:

Holy poo poo, I can't even believe how bad this is.

Don't forget that Extend Assist and every single crit skill exists. There are a lot of Really Bad Skills.

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
<----------------------------
^^Extend Assist is alright in XQs and at the start of any boss fight. but I won't max it personally

Miijhal posted:

Also apparently Te/Gu is also hilariously powerful since you can flip and then cast Namegid for twice it's damage.

well it would seem to have synergy with Extend Assist at the very least. though it seems like if I max it I only get 2 minutes from a single cast of Shifta and Deband... well I suppose that's fine given I only put the single point into Extend Assist for the 2 minute max duration, but I got time to think it over.

also, flipping with TeFo/Gu seems odd since you will be using weapons with 0 base T-atk. but

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Miijhal posted:

unless thee's a pair of mechs that boost t-atk i dont exactly see that helping much.

also adrenline is good only if you're a techer/fighter, since with it and extend assist, you'll get a full 3 min duration from just one shifta/deband cast.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.

Protocol 5 posted:

I gotta hand it to them, they did a great job with Braver. The core gameplay is really fun, with cool animations and PAs, and you can build one to combo with any other class and get good results.

I need to get a better bow so I can see how well Br/Ra works. Weak Stance plus maxed out WHA and SS should make for some impressive headshots. Kamikaze Arrow is also hands down the best new PA. All problems should be solved by ramming into them headfirst.

Br/Ra is pretty great from what I'm doing. Despite the fact that I'm doing low damage against normal mobs with katanas, I'm dealing shitload of damage against bosses with the bow, weak bullet, and weak stance. Only thing I don't like about the bow aspect of Braver is the delayed start of rapid fire.

Umberger
Jan 24, 2010

NextTime000 posted:

^^Extend Assist is alright in XQs and at the start of any boss fight. but I won't max it personally

That's what I mean. 1 point in Extend Assist gives you a fairly massive benefit whereas the other 9 points are worthless in comparison. Perfect Keeper is another example, giving you 10% damage at one point but only another 10% in return for a 9 point investment.

I like how (most of) the new skills they've added have been 5 point maxes and I hope that's a sign of things to come with regard to redesigning/rebalancing trees. They could cut out a lot of fluff.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

Umberger posted:

Don't forget that Extend Assist and every single crit skill exists. There are a lot of Really Bad Skills.

Braver bypasses all its multi-point crit skills through the use of its Gear, which in turn encourages entertaining crazy bastard gameplay styles.

Umberger
Jan 24, 2010

Gearhead posted:

Braver bypasses all its multi-point crit skills through the use of its Gear, which in turn encourages entertaining crazy bastard gameplay styles.

Crits in this game aren't the same as other games though. Your attacks have some variance to them which is based on Dexterity, and considering the gearing/stat style they encourage with Braver, your innate Dexterity is enough to lower your variance a significant amount. All that a critical hit does is ensure you hit for the maximum number in your variance (if you do 500-600 damage, a crit is just a guaranteed 600 hit).

Crits are pointless because they're not a large damage boost, they're really uncommon for pretty much every class, and there's no other benefit to them (no "chance on crit", no "when you crit, [x]" etc etc). How does getting more crits encourage you to play any different at all?

Protocol 5
Sep 23, 2004

There's a lot of deadweight in every skill tree, and the only way to really fix it is to just rework them altogether. Adding a bunch of skills to the Ice tree for Force is pointless, because you'll have to dump a shitload of points into terrible, terrible prerequisites for skills that look like they might be only kinda useful. Or say, there's no way to make War Cry not totally pointless as is without totally rebalancing all combat.

Anyway, I've started displaying custom symbol art of Kenshiro from Fist of the North Star's "you're already dead" as I do the sheathing animation for katana finisher. It's hilariously badass.

Miijhal
Jul 10, 2011

Freeze as a mechanic flat out needs adjusting. That you need to take a skill at the end of the Ice tree for it to work right is ridiculous. At least let it cause a time-based slow effect on enemies as well, including bosses, and let that slow effect trigger Freeze Ignition. Double or triple Freeze Ignition's base range and damage while halving its cooldown, or leave the damage as it but let it inflict a Weak-Bullet like status that doubles incoming ice damage for a short while. Photon Flare and all it's upgrades need to be percentage damage, halve the cooldown, or also add like a 35% damage reduction instead of costing the user health. If nothing else, the latter would make Hu/Fo a seriously effective tanker and it would add some cohesion with Freeze Ignition.

If Ice is supposed to be a crowd control tree, then that control actually needs to be worthwhile. If Ice is supposed to be a burst damage set, then Freeze Ignition needs way more range and better damage than even Namegid for its point investment, and the rest of the tree needs to be built around supporting that. Instead it's like this weird, psuedocontrol set where it completely sacrifices any real damage or survivability to make Diggs slightly less aggressive.

Other trees have similar problems of not really having any sort of clear idea behind them, or a refusal to actually make the tree good at the role it's meant for. They're so bizarrely hesitant to make, say, the Ranger Trap tree capable of doing any real burst damage (the original use of traps) or filling any real role what-so-ever. It's like they realized the Weak Bullet tree was insanely overpowered at the start and suddenly became terrified of making any Ranger skills good ever again.

Miijhal fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Jul 19, 2013

ttocs7
Sep 14, 2010

Umberger posted:

Crits in this game aren't the same as other games though. Your attacks have some variance to them which is based on Dexterity, and considering the gearing/stat style they encourage with Braver, your innate Dexterity is enough to lower your variance a significant amount. All that a critical hit does is ensure you hit for the maximum number in your variance (if you do 500-600 damage, a crit is just a guaranteed 600 hit).

Crits are pointless because they're not a large damage boost, they're really uncommon for pretty much every class, and there's no other benefit to them (no "chance on crit", no "when you crit, [x]" etc etc). How does getting more crits encourage you to play any different at all?

Crit is so bad, I feel dirty putting points into my Fury Crit up skill, but I'm doing it so I can get access to the really awesome Fury damage boost immediately below it. But that explains why crits seem so underwhelming. I guess it makes sense to have that serve as 'crits' when you have a game centered around hitting weakpoints that are debuffed for ridiculous damage.

Also I finally got my +5 SP by soloing Big V 3 times... only to find that 30 minutes later was a Lillipa trial.

Protocol 5
Sep 23, 2004

Hey, I did the original level 45 SP COs for Fighter back when you had to kill 7/7/5 literally the day before it got reduced to 3/3/1. Anyway, the easy way to do it if you have at least one class at high level is to get an appropriate all-class weapon then run BB for Quartz and Fang, and wait for the Big V EQ to get him. As long as you're in a full room you shouldn't have any trouble actually killing them, just wait til they're almost dead to swap over to the weapon you need.

ttocs7
Sep 14, 2010
Well, given my schedule as of late, I kept missing the EQs. I've had the quest for somewhere around 2 weeks now. I'm absolutely sick of CBB, and I'm kind of honestly bored of most of the high level game right now, I guess because my schedule is such that I'm too late for the east coast people, and too early for the AUS people.

I can't imagine how long it's going to take for me to get a group for AQs - I keep missing TACOs.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Protocol 5 posted:

Hey, I did the original level 45 SP COs for Fighter back when you had to kill 7/7/5 literally the day before it got reduced to 3/3/1. Anyway, the easy way to do it if you have at least one class at high level is to get an appropriate all-class weapon then run BB for Quartz and Fang, and wait for the Big V EQ to get him. As long as you're in a full room you shouldn't have any trouble actually killing them, just wait til they're almost dead to swap over to the weapon you need.

Vardha isn't even that hard to murder. :V

It should be noted that you can use your normal weapon for combating the bosses for those COs, just that you need to deal/have the killing blow with whatever you need for the boss.

Miijhal
Jul 10, 2011

Man, in five CBBs tonight, I got zero of the Quartz Dragons I was looking for. I did get eight rare items and four rare bosses, who dropped 6 rare skills, though!

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
I wonder if they are going to scale down the Gunner roll PA skill. A 100% damage boost for 9 skill points is a bit too much and a lot better than some subclasses at 50.

Actually I'm complaining because I'm dumb and respecced before learning about all the new skills so I don't have any SP left to try it. If they scale it down at least I'm getting a respec ticket right?

Protocol 5
Sep 23, 2004

Yeah, they give respec tickets whenever skills get changed.

The annoying thing about CBB is that when you're looking for specific bosses, you're pretty much guaranteed to get Mask over and over and loving over again.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Hey at least you get a chance to have an stupidly expensive weapon drop from him :V

Protocol 5
Sep 23, 2004

Speaking of ridiculously expensive weapons, there's some cool looking 10 star weapons that drop in Shore. There seems to be three series, Flame, Blue, and Weiss split up among various weapon types. The main thing is that several of them have 430 DEX requirement, so you can sub Br with Braver Mag and still be able to equip good main class weapons and do decent damage. There's also a really weird double saber that has T-ATK and is equippable by Fo/Te/Fi. It basically looks like two wands stuck together, one fire and one ice. The stats are only slightly better than Fossil Victor, but it's the only D-saber with T-ATK, which is cool. More itemization for Tech/Fighter hybrids is good, considering the glut of Tech/Hunter weapons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Umberger
Jan 24, 2010
This was with a 3* katana with no element, Br/Hu 33/47. I hope they don't nerf Katana Combat/Finish because it's crazy good when the stars align and I like the idea of having something like Chain Trigger/Finish that isn't complete rear end 90% of the time.

• Locked thread