Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

So looks like purifier is getting a bit of a rework. If this change stands, expect Tsu to stand in aoe's to get healed and more energy

quote:

New talent: Feed the Flames - Your Wards restore 3/6 energy, 3/6 power or 2/4% of your max mana to the healed ally. Points can be spent in this after spending 35 points in the Purifier soul.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
Wards are the things that take forever to cast soooo yeaaaaaaaah.

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Forget it man this bat is whack, it's got poobrain!
Zinbik is back baby!

Daerc
Sep 23, 2007

Look! A door! This must mean something!

Zoness posted:

Delayed + Harvest shouldn't be lethal even with one stack of bone harvest, probably not with two. Harvest + Necrotic can be a problem though.

Yeah, the problem we frequently had was partially rng (and one of the things may have just been due to server lag). We got necrotic going off during delayed, sometimes with bone harvest having just been popped, so it was kind of a hosed situation there (literally a situation that for all intents and purposes wiped us 4 times in a row).

Shitty Treat
Feb 21, 2012

Stoopid?

quote:

DOMINATOR
* Mass Charged Shield: Ranks 7–13 now deal the correct damage.

I thought this was going to be some sort of nerf to make it less potent to use on low level characters.
Nope.. it now does over 900 damage every time you get hit up from around 650

I can solo instances at 34 on my cleric if I am careful with pulls.. good xp

Keshik
Oct 27, 2000

Oraculum Animi posted:

And everyone was alive at the end. It was the smoothest last 50% ever.

Technically, this is true. I fell off the platform when I was laying down circles, but didn't actually hit the ground and die until after she was dead.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Oh Gamebryo...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvVf57MWnyw

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Impressive! I've never had fun glitches like that, just the disappearing rocks in ashora every now and then :(

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
It's not a problem I swear, I can stop any time.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Eltoasto posted:

Impressive! I've never had fun glitches like that, just the disappearing rocks in ashora every now and then :(

I just hate that one rock in the dendrome that is invisible at a distance and always have 5 motes in it. YOU KNOW THE ONE. :argh:

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005
I owe my brother big time for this!

deadtear posted:

It's not a problem I swear, I can stop any time.

drat dude... I think you need more Lanzan bolts?

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

necrotic posted:

drat dude... I think you need more Lanzan bolts?

Honest Hoom does not deal in Lanzan :colbert:

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Is that just playing the market? Cause that is a ridiculous amount of Chiffon.

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!
Get cloth to make bigger bags to hold more cloth

SlayVus
Jul 10, 2009
Grimey Drawer
Did they Ninja change how much damage you receive? I fell like I am definitely taking more damage. I had been running CC normal a few times to help level a guild mate before the hotfix. Only had to drink once or twice to finish the dungeon running as Champion for trash pulls and Riftblade for bosses.

Hotfix comes out, having to drink like every 2nd trash pull and after every boss. Please tell me I'm not the only one who has noticed something different.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

deimos posted:

Is that just playing the market? Cause that is a ridiculous amount of Chiffon.

Yep. I caught a ton of it at super cheap. It's also subsidizing my 40p guild price empyrean bags.

SlayVus posted:

Did they Ninja change how much damage you receive? I fell like I am definitely taking more damage. I had been running CC normal a few times to help level a guild mate before the hotfix. Only had to drink once or twice to finish the dungeon running as Champion for trash pulls and Riftblade for bosses.

Hotfix comes out, having to drink like every 2nd trash pull and after every boss. Please tell me I'm not the only one who has noticed something different.

Are you deep enough warlord to be using battle surge, and are you using it?

SlayVus
Jul 10, 2009
Grimey Drawer

deadtear posted:

Are you deep enough warlord to be using battle surge, and are you using it?

I don't know why that would have any effect on how much damage I am taking. Seriously, I was running CC just fine with only having to drink once or twice with my 61 champ and 61/15 RB/Temp. I'm using both builds linked in the OP. Now I have to drink 5 or 6 times to even finish the dungeon.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

SlayVus posted:

I don't know why that would have any effect on how much damage I am taking. Seriously, I was running CC just fine with only having to drink once or twice with my 61 champ and 61/15 RB/Temp. I'm using both builds linked in the OP. Now I have to drink 5 or 6 times to even finish the dungeon.

As it turns out, killing things faster means you're going to take less damage.

More on this on the evening news.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Zoness posted:

As it turns out, killing things faster means you're going to take less damage.

More on this on the evening news.

Absolutely nothing to do with why I was asking.

quote:

Battle Surge: Now increases Attack Power and Weapon Contribution by 20%, up from 15%. Also increases damage taken by 10%.

Since he's not deep enough in WL for that to matter, no idea what the problem is.

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

I'd still rather play with medieval knights online then go outside and "hang out".

deadtear posted:

Absolutely nothing to do with why I was asking.

Since he's not deep enough in WL for that to matter, no idea what the problem is.

He's not in WL at all, which means he's not even getting any of the healback abilities from WL.

EDIT: Try this build, it's not up to date with 2.3 but should still be relevant. http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#7k6ll4E10/8gFl2EiAB8/3

Kreczor fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Jul 19, 2013

a digital orc
May 14, 2003

You see, Guragh, they can't fire me for sexual harassment. The crime doesn't fit the punishment! :orks:

boho posted:

Be this to level as a Mage.

That's about all the first-page advice I've got.

Sorry for the post necromancy, but this is the build I've been using to pve with and can't help but feel like I'm doin' it wrong.

Are you supposed to max out Harbinger first when leveling with this build? I've noticed that chloro alone is reliant upon some iffy abilities. The main nuke has a long cast time, and the instant heals have long cooldowns. In large pulls / boss fights this almost always seems to result in the death of my tank. DoTing everything up seems to mitigate it somewhat, but I just haven't been able to keep my heals up with burst damage mobs.

Three out of three times Fae Lord Twyl killed my tank. Granted, we still killed him all three times, but it was usually by the skin of our teeth. Just wondering if I am going the wrong path, or if anyone has some suggestions on how to better level with this soul combo.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

a digital orc posted:

Sorry for the post necromancy, but this is the build I've been using to pve with and can't help but feel like I'm doin' it wrong.
You're quoting a post that quotes a link that was removed from the OP. So, yeah.

The actual Mage build link in the OP points to this post from May.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

a digital orc posted:

Are you supposed to max out Harbinger first when leveling with this build? I've noticed that chloro alone is reliant upon some iffy abilities. The main nuke has a long cast time, and the instant heals have long cooldowns. In large pulls / boss fights this almost always seems to result in the death of my tank. DoTing everything up seems to mitigate it somewhat, but I just haven't been able to keep my heals up with burst damage mobs.

Three out of three times Fae Lord Twyl killed my tank. Granted, we still killed him all three times, but it was usually by the skin of our teeth. Just wondering if I am going the wrong path, or if anyone has some suggestions on how to better level with this soul combo.

Vile spores does not have a significantly longer cast time than comparable healing skills. LBV is useless without synthesis though and even with synthesis is probably behind LGV until like level 40-some to level 50 (when you get void lyfe). If you're going to heal though, make sure you have as many points in chloro as possible.

Withering Vine shouldn't be underestimated either.

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005
edit: nvm i am dumb

a digital orc
May 14, 2003

You see, Guragh, they can't fire me for sexual harassment. The crime doesn't fit the punishment! :orks:

anthonypants posted:

You're quoting a post that quotes a link that was removed from the OP. So, yeah.

The actual Mage build link in the OP points to this post from May.

Well then. That clears that up!

But yea, I also just realized there was an instant heal-over-time that I missed and haven't been using. It's pretty bad rear end, too.

Boy, I am just on a roll this week. :downs:

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

BTW Alistara is now free of the bonds of Defileringaling except for one fight in the game and has to live with being Inq forever.

Related news: Mages best have Necro builds for FT/EE :argh:

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Make me :colbert:

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
Parse time!

deimos posted:

BTW Alistara is now free of the bonds of Defileringaling except for one fight in the game and has to live with being Inq forever.

That sounds like a punishment. Why would you not want to keep defilering.

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

I will replace you with Johson and a monkey that can Lava Field on cooldown. a mage that will, or literally anyone else.

edit: you're not Abu!

deimos fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Jul 19, 2013

Daerc
Sep 23, 2007

Look! A door! This must mean something!

deimos posted:

I will replace you with Magicbuss and Uhhyeahdude (when/if they come back, respectively).

FTFY

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

I looked at a guide for 61 Necro and I'll probably mess around with it later on but Pyro forever.

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005

deimos posted:

I will replace you with Johson and a monkey that can Lava Field on cooldown. a mage that will, or literally anyone else.

edit: you're not Abu!

Yeah I already have a 61 necro spec. Sorry to disappoint.

KaneTW posted:

I looked at a guide for 61 Necro and I'll probably mess around with it later on but Pyro forever.

you should really check it out. It's pretty great and not all that much to take in.

Signal 19
Jul 18, 2005

Mega Downs
Getting back in the guild with Sigga.

Keshik
Oct 27, 2000

Woohoo! I just got an Empowered Spectral Hand. Parse-wise, is this better than the Ridgerunner?

Alistara
Feb 22, 2013

deimos posted:

Related news: Mages best have Necro builds for FT/EE :argh:

But that's terrible news! Defiler is awesome as Zoness said. Inquisitor on the other hand is awful to play in raids. :(

Edit: I'll play purifier though! Until they nerf it as well.

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005

Keshik posted:

Woohoo! I just got an Empowered Spectral Hand. Parse-wise, is this better than the Ridgerunner?

http://www.riftscene.com/database/weight-calculator/warrior_dps/#trinket

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it
Is 61 Warlock still relevant?

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Four more weeksish! Count the days until I have to configure a spec mid-pull again because Hedo won't stop pulling oh god why Hedo why I forgot I needed AP that week.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Necro is fun as heck now.

boho posted:

Is 61 Warlock still relevant?

The burning fury changes hurt it more than any other spec, but it also got boosted with some damage from it's buffs. It's not as high as full harb or necro, or necroharb hybrids, but it is not too much lower. It can still parse over 20k dps, getting up to 21 or so.

Eltoasto fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Jul 20, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

geera
May 20, 2003
In as Erf

• Locked thread