Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Big Willy Style posted:

Thinking about using one of these for a Dark Shroud. Have some crazy looking telsa coil looking thing off the side with some dark evil mother loving looking lightning or some poo poo coming out of it. My Sammael on bike is the dildo jetbike model converted, so it could look the part.

In other news, (and to copy and paste from the TG crowd sourcing thread) Ramshackle Games just announced on their FB that they have a kickstarter waiting for approval. For those of you who don't know who they are, they do resin models, they are usually pretty basic. Lot of one piece models and one part moulds from what I can make out. I plan to use some of their vehicles in warhammer 40k. Their Iron Grumbler makes a good pre heresy rhino chassis, for example. Gnu armour transports could be used as chimeras in a pinch. They haven't mentioned what the kickstarter will actually entail, but I will be watching.

Ramshackle Games is where I have gotten many of my ork bits, specifically the ones used to convert deffkoptas into buggies/bikes. Furthermore Ramshackle Games supports the gaming community on many message boards including SA in the painting oath thread.

Indolent Bastard fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Jul 19, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
Most of the Farsight rules are up on Dakka now. Earth caste pilot array on a riptide is amazing. Rerolls ones for shooting (bye bye gets hot) and can reroll Nova reactor rolls, but the WS drops to 1. Not sure of the cost but that's a must have...

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

I can't sleep, I hope I stay awake

Cause I've been running, running, running all day

Long nights, no peace

I feel like everybody's eyes on me

Ugh they pulled the other pics before I could grab them but the signature systems are pretty good, especially the one that lets Riptides reroll 1s to-hit and their Nova rolls as well.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
Crossposting from painting thread the army I'm using for a tournament tomorrow. It's tough to see some of the work, but I hope you like it anyway!

- Fast Shot

x10 Guardians
- Wave Serpent (Scatter Laser/Holofield)
x9 Dire Avengers
x3 Windrider Jetbikes
x3 Windrider Jetbikes

x6 Warp Spiders
- Exarch w/ Fast Shot/Spinneret Rifle

x5 Dark Reapers
- Exarch w/ Fast Shot/Night Vision/Starshot Missiles
Wraithlord
- x2 Bright Lances

Aegis Defense Line
- Icarus Lascannon

Total: 1,498 Points

Eventually I'm going to get a camera/setup to take good pictures. Also, when I can, I'm going to finish adding roses to the other three Jetbikes and the Wave Serpents

Boon fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Jul 20, 2013

cat with hands
Mar 14, 2006

When I shit I like to scream "WORSHIP THE GOD EMPEROR ON HIS GOLDEN THRONE." Mom hates it.

And dual wolf priests for allies it is....

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Phyresis posted:

Ugh they pulled the other pics before I could grab them but the signature systems are pretty good, especially the one that lets Riptides reroll 1s to-hit and their Nova rolls as well.

You have no idea how happy I am for an all battlesuit army!

I've wanted to make a Tau equivalent of an all terminator force for years! :dance:

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
So you have to take one unit of three crisis suits, and that's it. Your other troop unit doesn't have that size restriction...

Crisis suits are spammable as all hell in this list.

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer

Phyresis posted:

I managed to pull it out of my cache. Here are the various team members and support systems.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Booley posted:

I managed to pull it out of my cache. Here are the various team members and support systems.

Talisman of Moloch, eh? I wonder if that's mentioned in the Eisenhorn/Ravenor books...

mmj
Dec 22, 2006

I've always been a bit confrontational
Am I reading the talisman wrong or is it a 12" bubble with a 66% chance of denying a psyker? Even non psyker units can deny the strongest psykers on a 6.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

TKIY posted:

Man, I don't even have my first army built but some of this new ForgeWorld stuff is so pretty:

Nice rules too: AV 13/12/10, barrage, Heavy 1+d3 if it doesn't move, small blast, S8, AP3...

What is the name of this? Is it CSM-only?

cat with hands
Mar 14, 2006

When I shit I like to scream "WORSHIP THE GOD EMPEROR ON HIS GOLDEN THRONE." Mom hates it.

mmj posted:

Am I reading the talisman wrong or is it a 12" bubble with a 66% chance of denying a psyker? Even non psyker units can deny the strongest psykers on a 6.

It's a pretty loving huge bubble if planted right. Can anyone take that support system?

gilljoy
May 3, 2009

Sephyr posted:

Horus heresy worldwind just

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Sephyr posted:

Legion Deimos Pattern Whirlwind Scorpius

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Oh my goooooodskfsksksk :aaa::fh:

*checks the price in SEK just in case*

I am unemployed, I am unemployed, I am unemployed...

PeterWeller
Apr 21, 2003

I told you that story so I could tell you this one.

Phyresis posted:

I'm impressed by how crunchy that is compared to the Iyaden codex.

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

:wom: will blow your mind.
Yay. I'm excited that I'll have some more options for those Tau I haven't even begun playing with!

In other news this is something I was making to help me with my 40k Daemon army:
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B0bEg1VMAPqHNjFxNEd6U1h1M0U/edit?usp=sharing
It's almost 100mb to download (pdf for easier printing) should be a little under 7x9 and print at 500dip for clear wording. I may have gone overboard but I figured why not? I took it to a print shop and got it made on heavy paper for like $0.25-$0.30.

Here is a jpg preview:

I made each square about 0.9 square inches which fit on top of fantasy 25mm square bases, as a 40k demon player I have many to spare.

I use a hobby knife to cut them out and white glue them down on top of a base, and another coat of glue for sealing if I need. The squares were slightly too big after being cut out but if you are less perfect and cut slightly inside the square it should fit well enough.

I will use them to mark all the status effects that can be granted or inflicted by my army.
Sample crappy cellphone shots:

AgentF
May 11, 2009
^^^^^
poo poo, these are brilliant. Thank you for making them available for me to use. There are no permanent status changes from the Daemon psychic powers (apart from FNP, Soul Blaze)?

mmj posted:

It's actually a 52% chance: 1 - (5/6)^4

cat with hands posted:

It's a pretty loving huge bubble if planted right. Can anyone take that support system?

Looks like maybe a unique artifact, so probably only one per army?

AgentF fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Jul 20, 2013

spacegoat
Dec 23, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nap Ghost
Digging those old school Necrons.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

TKIY posted:

There is a rumour that the Black Legion are getting a codex supplement.

That doesn't make any sense, the Black Legion is supposed to be the default force in the Chaos book. It'd almost be like an Ultramarines supplement to the Space Marine codex.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Arbite posted:

That doesn't make any sense, the Black Legion is supposed to be the default force in the Chaos book. It'd almost be like an Ultramarines supplement to the Space Marine codex.

Yup, but the rumour is out there anyhow.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
To be fair, it's very easy to imagine that Matt Ward would make an entire supplement just about the Ultramarines if they'd let him. If not actually fully believable, it's at least solidly in Poe's Law territory.

TastyAvocado
Dec 9, 2009
Black Legion will get a supplement, and Ultramarines are one of the chapters rumored to get a supplement too, it's the exact opposite of not making sense. The supplements barely change anything from codex so only chapters that are almost codex will get supplements.

Bavius
Jun 4, 2010

Smurfs don't lay eggs! I won't tell you this again! Papa Smurf has a fucking beard! They're mammals!
Well, that's just like your opinion, man.

I'm going to pick up Farsights supplement because it looks considerably divergent and my first army was Farsight enclave with my commander Shas'o Riptide (needs a name change these days). If they put out black legion and smurfs I have to wonder if they intend to supplement every dex. The supplements need to prove themselves before they go whole hog on this chapter approved thing again. Genestealers need one, a deathwatch supplement would own so loving hard, and I would love to see a Blood Axe one.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
Biel-Tan.

Shining Spears, Warp Spiders, and Swooping Hawks as troops... gently caress yeah.

Fish and Chimps
Feb 16, 2012

mmmfff
Fun Shoe
So, a digital edition of the rules is, for about half the price of the big rule book. That will make FAQ and errata much more manageable. This new ipad I've bought is starting to pay for itself! :v:

thiswayliesmadness
Dec 3, 2009

I hope to see you next time, and take care all

Bavius posted:

I'm going to pick up Farsights supplement because it looks considerably divergent and my first army was Farsight enclave with my commander Shas'o Riptide (needs a name change these days). If they put out black legion and smurfs I have to wonder if they intend to supplement every dex. The supplements need to prove themselves before they go whole hog on this chapter approved thing again. Genestealers need one, a deathwatch supplement would own so loving hard, and I would love to see a Blood Axe one.

I think the idea of a Blood Axe dex could be drat sweet if they do it right. Might have finally sold me on the idea of these sub-codex's! Speed Freaks will likely be the first one they do since it's a basic concept easy to build around though. An old school style grot dex I can picture being nothing but entertaining if they get creative. Though with GW logic they'd do a Snakebiter codex first.

Shrieking Muppet
Jul 16, 2006

TheBlobThing posted:

So, a digital edition of the rules is, for about half the price of the big rule book. That will make FAQ and errata much more manageable. This new ipad I've bought is starting to pay for itself! :v:

have we entered some sort of bizarre backwards universe? usually GW charges full price for books.

I'm being forced to play in a apocalypse game as part of a campaign, Necrons and Eldar vs Two IG armies 7500 points each side, should I break down and get 3 or 4 baneblade tanks to be competitive or just spam lots of manticores and deathstrikes?

Shrieking Muppet fucked around with this message at 08:51 on Jul 20, 2013

cat with hands
Mar 14, 2006

Orks should really get a flyer (or rules allowing them) that can ram other flyers. It feels just right.

Can the caestus still do that?

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

thiswayliesmadness posted:

I think the idea of a Blood Axe dex could be drat sweet if they do it right. Might have finally sold me on the idea of these sub-codex's! Speed Freaks will likely be the first one they do since it's a basic concept easy to build around though. An old school style grot dex I can picture being nothing but entertaining if they get creative. Though with GW logic they'd do a Snakebiter codex first.

Speed Freaks are the most likely Ork supplement first since it would give GW an excuse to release new buggy/wartrak models

Fish and Chimps
Feb 16, 2012

mmmfff
Fun Shoe

Ezekiel_980 posted:

have we entered some sort of bizarre backwards universe? usually GW charges full price for books.

I'm guessing it's priced after the market value of the DV rulebook, and it doesn't include all the hobby and fluff chapters. But that in itself is odd. Quick, everyone buy it before they change their minds!

Bavius
Jun 4, 2010

Smurfs don't lay eggs! I won't tell you this again! Papa Smurf has a fucking beard! They're mammals!
I have the Farsight supplement if anyone has questions. I am so running the character riptide!

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

Long nights, no peace

Bavius posted:

I have the Farsight supplement if anyone has questions. I am so running the character riptide!

What are the point costs for the six signature systems and the Eight? A simple list of "Name - point cost" would suffice.

Bavius
Jun 4, 2010

Sure. I'll write that up in a few minutes.

E:

Mirrorcodex: 50 pts
Seismic Fibrillator Node: 45 pts
Warscraper Drone: 35 pts
Fusion Blades: 30 pts
Earth Caste Pilot Array: 30 pts
Talisman of Arthas Moloch: 25 pts

The Eight
Farsight: 165 pts
Bravestorm: 199 pts
Brightsword: 200 pts
Ob'lotai: 128 pts (missile broadside)
Arra'kon: 169 pts
Sha'vastos: 174 pts
Torchstar: 154 pts
O'vesa: 305 pts (riptide)

Note that all of these guys are ICs, but the draw back is that if you were to take Farsight's 7 samurai, it would be 1494 on it's own. There's a mission that plays out with the Eight versus 1500 points of Tyranids - looks really fun.

Bavius fucked around with this message at 10:15 on Jul 20, 2013

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

To boldly be eaten where no grot has been eaten before!

Bavius posted:

I thought tha character riptide was a great way to leave an elite slot for something else.

Can you take Crisis teams as troops?

Can any of the FW stuff be easily integrated in (ie is a very good match, Tetras for example, or the rail rifle piranha)?

Bavius
Jun 4, 2010

I don't know how well the FW stuff fits, was just thinking about my O'really and this.

Crisis suits are troops - you must take one full squad and the rest can be solo.

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

Long nights, no peace

Just realized that O'Vesa is an independent character Riptide :stare:

I'm gonna have to completely redo my Eldar + Tau list again :sigh:

Bavius
Jun 4, 2010

Yep, I'm not much for min-maxing, but I really love the possible combos here. When I dropped my tau in favor of Space Wolves it was because I couldn't come up with any characterful xenos (my lack of imagination). Now I could see doing a very character driven Tau force using the Eight and their background.

NovaLion
Jun 2, 2013

REMEMBER
I just picked this supplement up, and it's making me really good the owner of my F(Not so local)GS convinced me to get Tau.

Bavius posted:

I'd never thought about it before, but holy poo poo a Deathwatch supplement would be the business!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

not lame!
May 9, 2006
STYLE!
I went to Tokyo a couple of weeks ago, and just for the hell of it I visited Games Workshop.

I can confirm the staff there are just as pushy as they are in the UK.

• Locked thread