Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
treeboy
Nov 13, 2004

James T. Kirk was a great man, but that was another life.

CubanMissile posted:

So did SS get transformed, or did it get physically teleported to another place? Because if it's the latter, wouldn't that mean Kyouraku is probably trapped on Earth for awhile?

i figured it was the latter?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
aizens gotta be free now

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

treeboy posted:

i figured it was the latter?

I hope it's the former, because I find the idea of the Quincies using magical Westernization blasts against Soul Society hilarious.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

Lamebot posted:

aizens gotta be free now

Maybe they already freed him and he's just making poo poo look Western with his magic sword.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

CubanMissile posted:

Maybe they already freed him and he's just making poo poo look Western with his magic sword.

His Magic sword was destroyed.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
Ah, that's right.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Or is that what he wanted you to think? :smug:

Undead Unicorn
Sep 14, 2010

by Lowtax

Terror Sweat posted:

Or is that what he wanted you to think? :smug:

Did he troll the poo poo out of the Quincys by using some illusion power to make them stand around in his cell for a few hours when they thought it was only a couple seconds?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

MonsterEnvy posted:

His Magic sword was destroyed.

It wasn't in bankai though, so he could regenerate it.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

I think Kubo taking the month off to plan things and declaring the final arc for realz this time guys I know I said that about the last one but I decided to split it up again sorry is more about him planning. I see Bleach being wrapped up in a year or two. Which I guess is "soon" when you see the "10 year" thing, but I'm pretty sure at that time it was before the full bringer arc. He planned for that to go on for another year or so.

I'm hoping during this one month he makes a story board goes okay what do I want to accomplish since this may very well be the best manga I ever make so I should try and go out on a high note despite the poorly received middle. Make a story board and makes a loving awesome ending equal or better then the soul society arc. I could see Bleach going down as one of the best manga of all time if they had the strong beginning and a strong ending. People can easily forget about a so-so middle because pacing is much less of an issue during a power read.

I'd very much love to see a complete "remaster" like Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood / DBZ Kai (which is kinda more just remove filler). I think a strong ending could see a remake of the anime from the beginning sans filler with better developed foreshadowing. Get Kubo on board to agree to new scenes that flesh out what he wanted and a directors to tell him to gently caress off about pointless poo poo and yeah we could have a fantastic anime.

Most likely though, like every time he's taken some time off, he's just gonna get high as gently caress and forget about bleach until the last few days remember he should start with astrong come up with a good plot point but realize he doesn't know how to get there. Write a few bullshit chapters and have a strong 3rd and 4th chapter, followed by more of the same.

Tite Kubo should be a monthly manga writer. I really think he'd write a good monthly.

Advice
Feb 17, 2007

Je veux ton amour
Et je veux ton revanche
Je veux ton amour
I don't wanna be friends
Keep in mind, didn't it take like half a fuckin' year for the pillars to get defended back in Fake Karakura? "One more big battle" could easily mean two to three years by Bleach standards.

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

The entirety of Hueco Mundo and fake Karakura town took one day, IIRC. This day lasted the majority of the series.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
I just want to see Yachiru kick someone's rear end.

lohli
Jun 30, 2008
It would be a shame for the series to end without Yachiru actually getting a chance to push someone's poo poo in. I'd love to see Zaraki's shikai in action as well.

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

I think cutting down the length from 10 years to whatever we get now is, of course probably partially due to ratings, but honestly also due to Kubo being a better writer. I think there's no way this manga could go on for another 10 years without ridiculous plot twists, villains out of nowhere, and eeeeendless 1-on-1 fights between unimportant people. And I think Kubo must have realized that. Story-wise, this manga is reaching its breaking point, and continuing past this point would just be a farce. At the same time, this is a great place to finish off the manga, and the ending seems like it will be pretty sweet.

And the sooner it ends the sooner Kubo can start from a clean slate with out all the quincy-fullbringer-ghost-invader-shini-doublehell-hollow loving mess that Bleach has honestly turned into.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
I hope that, whatever he makes next, he gives it a real feeling of energy and just... plain fun. Do you remember the last time that Bleach was actually just goofy and fun? Gosh, it must've been, what, like two hundred chapters ago or more! I hope he starts his next manga with the same energy and pacing and just keeps going at it like that.

And for God's sake no more wizard battle supernatural poo poo. Do a manga about delinquents or something!

silloh
Sep 5, 2008

DrSunshine posted:

I hope that, whatever he makes next, he gives it a real feeling of energy and just... plain fun. Do you remember the last time that Bleach was actually just goofy and fun? Gosh, it must've been, what, like two hundred chapters ago or more! I hope he starts his next manga with the same energy and pacing and just keeps going at it like that.

And for God's sake no more wizard battle supernatural poo poo. Do a manga about delinquents or something!

Beelzebub is doing an excellent job of filling that hole for me. You should pick it up if you're not already reading it.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

DrSunshine posted:

silloh posted:

Beelzebub is doing an excellent job of filling that hole for me. You should pick it up if you're not already reading it.

Yeah Beelzebub is a delinquent manga that is goofy and fun.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Monaghan posted:

I don't know I would sort of hate having to stay in some place that looked like feudal Japan. I couldn't do any of the fun stuff I could in the real world. Then again, the tech level of soul society is weird like that. Also, if he's stuck in th SS he can't ever have a family. Of course, the manga will make no mention of this.

Sounds like someone forgot about ghost babies

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

socialsecurity posted:

Sounds like someone forgot about ghost babies

Especially since Ichigo's dad is a ghost

Thoren
May 28, 2008
Bleach is weird because you want the plot to move faster but in order for that to happen the perspective has to be all on Ichigo and those parts are the worst parts.

Advice
Feb 17, 2007

Je veux ton amour
Et je veux ton revanche
Je veux ton amour
I don't wanna be friends

Thoren posted:

Bleach is weird because you want the plot to move faster but in order for that to happen the perspective has to be all on Ichigo and those parts are the worst parts.

Yeah, exactly this. I want the drat thing to wrap up, but my favorite chapter as of late was the one showing what a bunch of captains were up to, Kensei training Shuuhei, Shinji talking to Hiyori, poo poo like that. But every page spent on fun stuff is another page until we end.

The Akward Silense
Nov 3, 2010

Advice posted:

Yeah, exactly this. I want the drat thing to wrap up, but my favorite chapter as of late was the one showing what a bunch of captains were up to, Kensei training Shuuhei, Shinji talking to Hiyori, poo poo like that. But every page spent on fun stuff is another page until we end.

After Bleach, he should do a spin off that is just nothing but showing what captains and such are doing in their random free time. I would read this. For years.

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

The Akward Silense posted:

After Bleach, he should do a spin off that is just nothing but showing what captains and such are doing in their random free time. I would read this. For years.

A Bleach version of the Rock Lee manga. That is all I can ask for and we deserve it for having to deal with Ichigo for this loving long.

milktwice
Feb 15, 2012
I'm hoping that after all this development for Ichigo, this will be some sort of catharsis for him, returning him back into the more likable character he was at the start of the series. Maybe now that he's got the truth from everyone and some form of motive he'll stop moping and give the manga some energy.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
The problem with Ichigo is that he keeps repeating the exact same developments over and over though. He's ~faced his inner self~ and learned The Truth like three times already, found A Reason To Fight every single arc, been betrayed by people he thought he thought he could trust thrice, and of course has achieved new levels of power/enlightenment a ton of times.

What Ichigo really needs to do is something completely different. And while I doubt that that's going to happen, it'd be cool!

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
You've also gotta realise though that no matter how awesome something sounds on paper, Kubo will milk it to the point that it stops being awesome. It's why loving BORING was so great.

Thoren
May 28, 2008
Yep. We can expect cool poo poo out of every character except for Ichigo, who will ~gain the inner strength and courage to fight for his friends~ by swinging his sword harder.

MadHat
Mar 31, 2011

Thoren posted:

Yep. We can expect cool poo poo out of every character except for Ichigo, who will ~gain the inner strength and courage to fight for his friends~ by swinging his swords harder.

Fixed that for you.

And really Chad will power up enough to Chump a single foe, than be forgotten once again.

Thoren
May 28, 2008
This is really Kubo's last chance to make the original friend team relevant again.

Sometimes I wonder if he's just loving with us though.

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

You ever do the chicken dance at a wake? That really bothers people.
So what exactly happened to Soul Society, anyway? Did it get sucked into Hueco Mundo and replaced with Las Noches Aizengard? That's what it looked like.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

MadHat posted:

Fixed that for you.

And really Chad will power up enough to Chump a single foe, than be forgotten once again.

Last time, he didn't even power up that much. Considering that the fullbringer arc was about Chad (hahahaha), he doesn't seem to have gotten anything out of it. He went straight from being chumped to being chumped.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Jul 20, 2013

Thoren
May 28, 2008
Six years ago was Chad's last victory in a fight.

Jesse James
Oct 11, 2009

IchiGO?

Thoren posted:

Six years ago was Chad's last victory in a fight.

That was when he released El Brazzo Izquierda Del Diablo against that Privaron Espada, right? Man that was an awesome move.

Fhate
Feb 15, 2007

"Appended to its own quotation is false" appended to its own quotation is false.

Jesse James posted:

That was when he released El Brazzo Izquierda Del Diablo against that Privaron Espada, right? Man that was an awesome move.

Yes it was. I'm not a huge chad fan but that was incredibly cool. The skull pattern in the crater behind the guy he pancaked with it was so sweet. Chad hasn't really had a good moment since then.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Sado-kun the most aptly named character. :smith:

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Fhate posted:

Yes it was. I'm not a huge chad fan but that was incredibly cool. The skull pattern in the crater behind the guy he pancaked with it was so sweet. Chad hasn't really had a good moment since then.

Remember when we found out he was actually a Fullbring and that arc was totally going to be about him or at least involve him in some significant way?

Good times :smith:

Zogundar
Dec 5, 2007
Him being put in the time out box by Urahara to sit out the end of the arc while the Soul Society characters that came out of nowhere did the fighting was the shittiest thing afkd;' :unsmigghh:

At least the anime version gave him a tiny bit of fighting to do.

Thoren
May 28, 2008

Zogundar posted:

Him being put in the time out box by Urahara to sit out the end of the arc while the Soul Society characters that came out of nowhere did the fighting was the shittiest thing afkd;' :unsmigghh:

At least the anime version gave him a tiny bit of fighting to do.

This page gave me hope:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

Vicissitude posted:

So what exactly happened to Soul Society, anyway? Did it get sucked into Hueco Mundo and replaced with Las Noches Aizengard? That's what it looked like.

The Seireitei or however it's spelled was replaced by the Quincy ice palace thing.

• Locked thread