Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

One thing I wish the game was better at was getting across where exactly all these locations are, instead of simply mentioning them by name. As it is, I'm running around completely lost. I had to look up a map of Tokyo to figure out where Ichigaya was. :psyduck: I'm not familiar with all the districts and neighborhoods of Tokyo, game!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Gorelab posted:

What's a good demon for sukukaja early on? Minotaur is beating my rear end in due to how hard he hits when he does.

Fortuna has it. (It's a special fusion.)

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Alright, I got a couple demons that have said they'll transform so I guess I'll keep them around and see what happens.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Pollyanna posted:

One thing I wish the game was better at was getting across where exactly all these locations are, instead of simply mentioning them by name. As it is, I'm running around completely lost. I had to look up a map of Tokyo to figure out where Ichigaya was. :psyduck: I'm not familiar with all the districts and neighborhoods of Tokyo, game!

There's a few guys scattered about the world map that will give you directions

RentCavalier
Jul 10, 2008

by T. Finninho
This game sure is something else. It's got a more classical SMT vibe than Nocturne did, but that's not such a bad thing. Battles are slick, the negotiation system is even more bonkers than before, and the atmosphere is excellent. I've gotten to Tokyo at last and while I'm kind of lost, I'm enjoying the hell out of my constant, endless dying.

Seriously, I've given Charon like...100 Play Coins already...I may run out!

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Pomp posted:

There's a few guys scattered about the world map that will give you directions

:psyduck: I can't find any of them if so.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Pollyanna posted:

This was one my biggest gripes. It doesn't help that alot of the roads on the map arent actually loving roads you can use or have something blocking sections (which aren't shown on the map!)

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Pollyanna posted:

ahaha I DID THIS TOO. Google maps'd directions from Shinjuku to Ikebukuro.

crazkylo
Dec 20, 2008

Set the world aflame!
How often do fusion errors occur? I got one kind of unexpectedly, the Demon wasn't that great but I'm still in the early stages of the game so I stuck with it.

Does this game have a streetpass feature at all? (not that I'll ever run into anyone playing it) I'm not too far into the story at all.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

crazkylo posted:

How often do fusion errors occur? I got one kind of unexpectedly, the Demon wasn't that great but I'm still in the early stages of the game so I stuck with it.

Does this game have a streetpass feature at all? (not that I'll ever run into anyone playing it) I'm not too far into the story at all.

Yes, you'll unlock it as you progress the plot.

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

What happens if you decide to kill the Lilim horde in the bookstore? Do you miss out on some experience or is it an alignment thing? :confused:

Jet Ready Go
Nov 3, 2005

I thought I didn't qualify. I was considered, what was it... volatile, self-centered, and I don't play well with others.
Index Holdings (Atlus' Parent Company) will be delisted from the Tokyo Stock Exchange

Do you guys think that Atlus can spin off to avoid debt? Or is that not how things work.

Abysswalker
Apr 25, 2013

Booky posted:

What happens if you decide to kill the Lilim horde in the bookstore? Do you miss out on some experience or is it an alignment thing? :confused:

I thought you had to kill them to continue the main quest?

crazkylo
Dec 20, 2008

Set the world aflame!
Another quick question. Is it possible to reset your skill points, or should I worry about potentially messing up my character? For now I'm usually putting 2 points into magic and just balancing out his other stats each time I level.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Booky posted:

I'm pretty sure you have to kill them, the option to back off is just for people who limped there half dead not knowing there would be a story fight.

Alard
Sep 4, 2011

I've been searching around Shinjuku for a while, and I just can't find any coffee beans for a quest. Are they something I randomly get from some gather point in Shinjuku?

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Okay loving seriously, where the hell is Camp Ichigaya :( I'm at the big patch of poison surrounding the tunnel to Ikebukuro, and I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get to the edge of the river. Halp!

edit: No roads connect to where I want to go, and there's this big rock in the road. What the gently caress? How do I get rid of it?

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Oh my god the boss down in Naraku 4 was SO COOL. Though I guess I must be a savant as this game because everyone keeps saying stuff about dying and Charon but I've yet to die at all. :smug:

I'm probably overleveled though. Was level 13 going into the fight and people are talking about fighting him at level 11-12.

Also is there a big deal about which "path" I'm going down (Law/Neutral/Chaos) because people here are making a bit of a big deal which path they're on?

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Pollyanna posted:

Okay loving seriously, where the hell is Camp Ichigaya :( I'm at the big patch of poison surrounding the tunnel to Ikebukuro, and I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get to the edge of the river. Halp!

edit: No roads connect to where I want to go, and there's this big rock in the road. What the gently caress? How do I get rid of it?

Someone in Shibuya might have mentioned a tunnel. That's where.

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Kaubocks posted:

Oh my god the boss down in Naraku 4 was SO COOL. Though I guess I must be a savant as this game because everyone keeps saying stuff about dying and Charon but I've yet to die at all. :smug:

I'm probably overleveled though. Was level 13 going into the fight and people are talking about fighting him at level 11-12.

Also is there a big deal about which "path" I'm going down (Law/Neutral/Chaos) because people here are making a bit of a big deal which path they're on?

You won't have reached any decisions like that yet. Maybe some but they're basically meaningless. If you're not angling for anything, don't even think about that: just answer questions as they come like you yourself would.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Kaubocks posted:

Your path determines certain demons that are available to you as well as the last leg of the game and the ending. So it is kind of a big deal :v:

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Yeah I was planning on just playing and answering as I saw fit but it's just weird to me that people are trying to game it so they get a certain path. Wasn't sure what the reasoning was behind it.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Oof. I wish I scrolled down and saw that summon discount had 4 levels instead of 3. that 50% off would have saved my wallet a ton of pain after summoning my end game team back. :negative:

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
... where the heck is this Hills Building in Roppongi? There's two places I can go in Roppongi, Tayama's place and a place with some meditating demon, neither of which I can do anything in.

Snix
Aug 31, 2012

After the war of great troll, he only stands. He now returns to the legendary city to seek revenge on the death of his village. Episode 1: "Legendary School Girl Bubble Gum! Will Senpai Notice Me!?"

Jet Ready Go posted:

Index Holdings (Atlus' Parent Company) will be delisted from the Tokyo Stock Exchange

Do you guys think that Atlus can spin off to avoid debt? Or is that not how things work.

It seems Atlus is actually going to be bid off.

I wonder what company's going to bite.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Snix posted:

Anyone with a brain, probably. Atlus is supposedly hideously profitable. It's more who's going to WIN.

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Kaubocks posted:

Yeah I was planning on just playing and answering as I saw fit but it's just weird to me that people are trying to game it so they get a certain path. Wasn't sure what the reasoning was behind it.

Neutral has slightly more content than the others, traditionally, and is also usually incredibly hard to get. I wanted to do it in my first run because I heard law and chaos have extra content on NG+.

The Machine
Dec 15, 2004
Rage Against / Welcome to

Snix posted:

C'mon, Nintendo. Do it!

jonjonaug
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

The Machine posted:

C'mon, Nintendo. Do it!

Persona 5 as a Wii U exclusive would be amazing if only for the outraged fan response.

Blaine the Train
Aug 18, 2006
Choo choo, pardner.
So does choosing to kill or not kill a boss affect your alignment any? I'm at Kuebiko in the Gov't Building and I was curious.

Genpei Turtle
Jul 20, 2007

fronz posted:

Neutral has slightly more content than the others, traditionally, and is also usually incredibly hard to get. I wanted to do it in my first run because I heard law and chaos have extra content on NG+.

Here's basically what you get in each path.

Law:
  • There is a challenge quest to get two demons, Mansemat and Azazel
  • You can unlock the demons Belial and Lucifuge
  • In a New Game+, there is a Challenge quest to get two demons, Seraph and Tokisada. Apparently it is technically possible to get this quest and still switch to Neutral and maybe Chaos in time, but it's supposedly so hard that you have to minmax your alignment like a madman to do it.
  • You can fight all the Fiends except Red Rider. You can fuse the Fiends Chemtrail, Matador, and White Rider.

Chaos:
  • There is a challenge quest to get one demon, Demiurge.
  • In a New Game+, there is a challenge quest to get Ishtar, Asherat, and Mother Harlot
  • You can return to an area to unlock fusions for Omoikane, Michizane, and Yamato Takeru That area also grants you access to two other areas where you can do a few minor Challenge quests, and unlock Izanami in a New Game+. In exchange, you will be cut off from a ton of completing Challenge quests that Law and Neutral will not be if you haven't done them already.
  • You can fight all the fiends except Red Rider and Trumpeter. You can fuse Fiends Chemtrail, Matador, and White Rider.

Neutral:
  • You get to visit both the Law and Chaos last dungeons, and beat both their bosses. In exchange you miss out on a boss that both Law and Chaos fights.
  • You unlock a story demon that has an amazingly awesome unique skill, which is also required to cash in the reward for the final DLC.
  • You can unlock the demons Belial and Lucifuge
  • You can return to an area to unlock fusions for Omoikane, Michizane, and Yamato Takeru That area also grants you access to two other areas where you can do a few minor Challenge quests, and unlock Izanami in a New Game+. Unlike Chaos, you won't be cut off from those other Challenge Quests though.
  • You can fight and fuse every Fiend.
  • You can complete the "Find every Terminal" Main quest (this is the only path you can do this in, which is dumb)
  • You can get a challenge quest to give you an ID card that lets you into a locked area of Kasumigaseki. Down here is an amazing sword and gun, and Red Rider if you're really really lucky. The doors require high stats to open though.
  • There is no Neutral-only New Game+ content.

Neutral is hands-down the best route for total content, as you don't really get locked out of anything, which you do on both Law and Chaos. The only thing you miss are a few Law- and Chaos-only Challenge Quests that net you some nice demons. In terms of whether or not Law or Chaos is better, Chaos gives you access to more content, whereas Law arguably gives you access to better content.

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Also, Chaos is metal as gently caress.

Genpei: Can I look forward to seeing something about the freaky-rear end girl from the intro in Neutral?

Also, does that loving door on Stratum 1 of Naraku ever open?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

fronz posted:

Genpei: Can I look forward to seeing something about the freaky-rear end girl from the intro in Neutral?

Yes, she plays into the Neutral ending.

As for the door, you missed a key. It's behind a waterfall deeper in Naraku.

jonjonaug
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

fronz posted:

There's a key on level 4 in Naraku. All that's behind the door is a hole that drops you down to level 4.

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Ah well, by the time I got to Level 4 was roughly the time Naraku stopped being a thing, so that's not too worrying.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Late game spoilers:

I'm at the part where I get a remote to open the gate to the Expanse. Am I required to press it to advance the story or is there something else I can do?

When can I tell that I'm locked into a route?

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

jonjonaug posted:

Persona 5 as a Wii U exclusive would be amazing if only for the outraged fan response.

Persona 5 disappears from future release lists, and in it's place, Shin Megami Tensei V. :getin:

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Pollyanna posted:

Late game spoilers:

I'm at the part where I get a remote to open the gate to the Expanse. Am I required to press it to advance the story or is there something else I can do?

When can I tell that I'm locked into a route?

You have to press it. You're very close to the Final Decision of the game - two more dungeons, roughly. What does the bar guy say right now about you?

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
For a magic build, should I be keeping a spell of each element on the main character at the same time, or should I be aiming for support/healing skills and letting my demons handle the element roulette?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
This Calamity Horde mission would be a lot easier if they didn't still get the first move even when I clearly hit them.

• Locked thread