Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Actually, for me, the most important thing is just getting it out there and search engines crawling on it so that when people eventually start searching for "GTAV review" or whatever, this comes on and confuses and people start thinking that maybe there will actually be Breaking Bad references in this game (hint: there won't). People have already reposted it a few times some of the stupider ones are making new threads asking if it's real, I guess.

edit: And it took no effort to make that at all, like 20 minutes.

Teikanmi fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Jul 16, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Booya
Feb 17, 2012

Arcanite posted:

I know people like to whine on the internet, but I doubt many people will care if you insult a game by saying it's pretty good. Some fools would think that's not an insult at all.

You would be surprised. People flipped their loving poo poo when Gamespot gave Twilight Princess an 8.8/10, and I'm sure the 8/10 and 7.5/10 The Last of Us got from Gamespot and Polygon respectively provoked similar outrage. Those were all legit reviews from high profile sites though, I assume they didn't just make up a ton of poo poo. People aren't gonna buy that some random rear end nobody got a super early review copy, and seeing that it straight up makes up a ton of poo poo is only gonna compound that.

Cakeequals
Jun 15, 2011

I'm going to make sweet love to him! FROM THE BACK!!
RRRRRRRRR

Booya posted:

People flipped their loving poo poo when Gamespot gave Twilight Princess an 8.8/10
Any excuse to bust out this classic (for context, the guy who reviewed it was Jeff Gerstmann):

This is my favorite grief :allears:

Apr 4, 2004

by T. Finninho
Whatever the gamespot thing is can you summarize it here? I can't view the post.

If it is even worth it I guess :shrug:

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

56k posted:

Whatever the gamespot thing is can you summarize it here? I can't view the post.

If it is even worth it I guess :shrug:

Jeff Gerstmann gave Zelda Twilight Princess an 8.8, rage ensued even though with hindsight most Zelda fans would say he was being generous.

Booya
Feb 17, 2012

njsykora posted:

Jeff Gerstmann gave Zelda Twilight Princess an 8.8, rage ensued even though with hindsight most Zelda fans would say he was being generous.

Also, all of those posts are from 2 days before the game was actually even out, so none of those people had even played it before they got pissed about the review.

Apr 4, 2004

by T. Finninho
No I mean the GTA thing from above.

Oppenheimer
Dec 26, 2011

by Smythe
Some sperg wrote a couple paragraphs about GTA with fake info, an overall good review, and then posted it on forums, where it was immediately spotted as a fake.

NinjaPablo
Nov 20, 2003

Ewww it's all sticky...
Grimey Drawer

K. Farb posted:

gating people to spots from which they couldn't escape.
Gates were so much fun. A group of us used to gate people directly into private houses. The only problem was, you can't actually gate into a house like that. The workaround was to have someone in the house cast a gate into a town, and have a second person (in town) lure people in with 'Gating to IDOC!', then casting a gate spell as the same time, but cancelling it at the last second. As long as the 2nd person was standing in the right spot, it looked like they cast the gate.

Then the hapless victim walks through, is flagged criminal for being in a private house, and can be freely killed & looted. That lasted a couple hours before finally ending with a 'Guys, I'm in jail' IM.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Yeah, you don't publish a "fake review" of a game only about a week after the gameplay trailer comes out.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

NinjaPablo posted:

Gates were so much fun. A group of us used to gate people directly into private houses. The only problem was, you can't actually gate into a house like that. The workaround was to have someone in the house cast a gate into a town, and have a second person (in town) lure people in with 'Gating to IDOC!', then casting a gate spell as the same time, but cancelling it at the last second. As long as the 2nd person was standing in the right spot, it looked like they cast the gate.

Then the hapless victim walks through, is flagged criminal for being in a private house, and can be freely killed & looted. That lasted a couple hours before finally ending with a 'Guys, I'm in jail' IM.

Man combine that with the bit where you could "forcibly" res someone over and over before they put in the confirmation prompt with their skills degrading every time and you got a stew.

Abe Frohman
Mar 1, 2005

Kirby? He'll be a fry cook on Dreamland.
We used to go out and tame Dragons and then boat out to a little place known as two-tile island (exactly what it sounds like, a very small island that is only two tiles) in UO. What you would do is park a boat next to the island and lock the planks, then release the dragons on the boat and recall out. You then gate hapless fucks to two-tile island where the dragons kill them with ranged attacks. If they are lucky they have the stuck command available to them, if they are unlucky, they get to sit on the island until either their page is answered by a GM or they can get someone to come out and get them. Bonus points if you have fishing nets and can fish up a bunch of sea serpents and poo poo around the island to make rescue all the more difficult.

Friends Are Evil
Oct 25, 2010

cats cats cats

Guy trolls Second Life by randomly entering people's houses.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZERGog8oegg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vC4duXXl2JE

WaffleLove
Aug 16, 2007

This is really great, and I think i now know how to fill some of my free time.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I was expecting those to be poo poo like most things second life, but they were legitimately amazing.

WaffleLove
Aug 16, 2007
His youtube channel has some gold on it.

E:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kGoO1fLCU0

WaffleLove fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Jul 18, 2013

Friends Are Evil
Oct 25, 2010

cats cats cats

WaffleLove posted:

His youtube channel has some gold on it.

Oh, most definitely.

I'd recommend this video by the same guy. He manages to get the owners of an in-game club so angry that he gets kicked out.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEhTn0v7bDI

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice
I know it's been linked before, but this will never not make me laugh:

:nws: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYuxT4CR_nM#t=337s

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

This guy is amazing, here's another of his videos

:nws:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHo_jqf_nyU:nws:

Edit: Changed to a different video cause I'm dumb as hell, he trolls furries here. The way this guy talks never gets old.

Fair warning, there's some black boxed out furries banging. And you can kinda hear some of these guys beating it as they talk to him

Magres fucked around with this message at 13:42 on Jul 18, 2013

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Magres posted:

This guy is amazing, here's another of his videos

In which Sir Esteban Winsmore trolls bronies. One of whom he trolls for talking about wanting to gently caress an eleven year old when he was seventeen.

It's literally 3 posts up dude

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
gently caress. I hadn't gotten to checking all the links, too busy watching Esteban Winsmore be amazing

Changed it to another one, haha

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yx4y3t2IT0

\/\/\/\/ Here's another one since I'm bad at clicking links.

Anita Dickinme fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Jul 18, 2013

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

UoI posted:

Here's one where he goes to Brony island and trolls someone who had thoughts of an eleven year old. It's hilarious and righteous at the same time.

Already posted twice on this very page.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Klungar posted:

Already posted twice on this very page.

I un-posted mine :colbert:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Jesus christ, the brony saying "she had a younger sister who was ten billion times cuter and hotter" about an 11 year old :stonk: :barf:

Also the guy going into the one person's house and trying to explain how the ownership of the house actually works. "Does man own the mountains and the rivers as well?" :lol:

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

I loved the top two YouTube comments on one of those videos. Something to the extent of:

"Why are 90% of SL users from Alabama?"

"If you lived in Alabama, wouldn't YOU want a second life?"

D34THROW
Jan 29, 2012

RETAIL RETAIL LISTEN TO ME BITCH ABOUT RETAIL
:rant:

Magres posted:

Edit: Changed to a different video cause I'm dumb as hell, he trolls furries here. The way this guy talks never gets old.

Fair warning, there's some black boxed out furries banging. And you can kinda hear some of these guys beating it as they talk to him

At least they're not the shittiest of furries. I only watched until the furry threesome, but they seemed to take it in stride. :unsmith:

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

D34THROW posted:

At least they're not the shittiest of furries. I only watched until the furry threesome, but they seemed to take it in stride. :unsmith:

Honestly them just being like "sup, we're having a threesome, my avatar has two dicks, it's cool" freaked me out more than "OH MY GOD GET THE gently caress OUT" would have.

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

So today in Team Fortress 2 some friends and I got tired of playing normally and decided to start gimmicking. At some point we decided to become pacifist heavies sitting in a corner. We had 4 people, 2 on each team just sitting in a corner not doing anything. Some Scout on our team got super loving angry at us for being useless and started whining over voice. After about 10 minutes he called up a vote kick on one of us and said "Hey can we kick these lovely heavies sitting in a corner being useless assholes." and one of us gets kicked. We were not having this. I called a vote kick on him for scamming and typed in chat "he scammed us out of our fun and stole our friend." as a joke.

"Yeah right human being, like I'm go-" Then he got kicked somehow. We left the server after that because we were in shock we actually got that vote to pass (also boredom (mostly boredom)).

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

ShadowMar posted:

So today in Team Fortress 2 some friends and I got tired of playing normally and decided to start gimmicking. At some point we decided to become pacifist heavies sitting in a corner. We had 4 people, 2 on each team just sitting in a corner not doing anything. Some Scout on our team got super loving angry at us for being useless and started whining over voice. After about 10 minutes he called up a vote kick on one of us and said "Hey can we kick these lovely heavies sitting in a corner being useless assholes." and one of us gets kicked. We were not having this. I called a vote kick on him for scamming and typed in chat "he scammed us out of our fun and stole our friend." as a joke.

"Yeah right human being, like I'm go-" Then he got kicked somehow. We left the server after that because we were in shock we actually got that vote to pass (also boredom (mostly boredom)).

As I've learned with my rear end in a top hat friends, Vote kicking for Scamming is basically 95% likely to get the person kicked, regardless of what actually happened.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
I just stole Mr Vagina Everything as my Steam display name. Those videos are magical.

Rabizzle
Dec 18, 2006

A Pinball Wizard posted:

I know it's been linked before, but this will never not make me laugh:

:nws: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYuxT4CR_nM#t=337s

I did that well over two years ago but it is still getting views on my channel and the channel you posted. In my opinion that was like the least funniest grief I ever did on SL and Esteban is far more hilarious. Edit: But thanks!

Jacada
Aug 1, 2009

Rabizzle posted:

I did that well over two years ago but it is still getting views on my channel and the channel you posted. In my opinion that was like the least funniest grief I ever did on SL and Esteban is far more hilarious. Edit: But thanks!

I had the honour of being there for the erotic poetry reading. It was beautiful. I miss Second Life.

Fuzzyjello
Jan 28, 2013

ShadowMar posted:

I had a similar experience in World of Warcraft. Back when you could simul-queue for battlegrounds, anyone that pissed me off would get insta-voted out. There were some times when I made up a story in chat like: "BlazzerX just told me he voted for John McCain!" then I would initiate the vote kick. Yeah that guy didn't last long.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

My favourite vote-kick was when my friend and I were doing Dungeon Finder dungeons in WoW (you queue up and it then matches you with other people so you have an easy party) - after sitting in the queue for about 45 minutes waiting for a tank we finally get one and right after everyone warps into the dungeon one of the DPS says "brb, it's my birthday" and leaves us twiddling our thumbs. After about five minutes of waiting I decided he's dead weight and initiated a vote-kick that passed. The reason given and for which everyone voted for was "Happy birthday".

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

At times like that do I wish the reason someone got kicked from a group was displayed to them once they've finished loading back where they were. Then I remember how terrible the WoW community is.

And I've got a bit of a griefing story from recently. My guild leader asked me if I wanted to tag along for some LFR (basically, WoW's easy-mode raiding). I accepted, but decided to give it a go on my Protection/Tank Paladin. Said Paladin's gear is... Incredibly lovely would be putting it mildly.

We queued up for the first half of Mogu'shan Vaults (probably the easiest LFR), and beat the first boss fight without much trouble. As we're clearing the way to the next fight, I find out that I somehow came in as a DPS instead of a tank, which threw off the two other tanks, since nearly all raid bosses these days are only designed around having two tanks. They got rather vocal about it, up to threatening to kick me, despite my attempts to explain to them that my DPS gear was even worse than what I was in. We eventually got through the next boss without much hassle and with the other tanks cooled off a bit, and made our way to the last one in that half of the raid.

At that point, I decided to try pushing their buttons one more time, and started trying to mess with them by taunting the boss into attacking me as much as I could before the other tanks would realize what was up and taunt back to themselves. As it just so happened, said boss has an ability that has the side effect of making him focus exclusively on attacking whoever his current target is, and I managed to time my taunt just in time for me to get hit by that ability. To say the tanks and others in the raid were immensely pissed off that a certain guy wasn't getting hit by the boss wouldn't be doing it justice. They told me they were kicking me (Blizzard implemented a mechanic to prevent people from being kicked from a randomly-formed group in the middle of fighting a boss or rolling on loot), were reporting me, and so on. I decided to stoke their anger by having the boss focused on me as much as I could for nearly all of the fight, managing to keep alive because my guild leader was a healer and also found it hilarious. Really, I regret not taking screens of it, save that there was... A lot of rather racist, homophobic, etc. insults flying around the longer it went on.

Fuzzyjello
Jan 28, 2013

Regalingualius posted:

Really, I regret not taking screens of it, save that there was... A lot of rather racist, homophobic, etc. insults flying around the longer it went on.

I have many gigs of wow screenshots saved. I was one of those guys that took a picture of every killing blow against another player. I especially loved it when they would send me a tell on their alt to whine and bitch. Oh how I miss rubbing it in.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

Regalingualius posted:

At times like that do I wish the reason someone got kicked from a group was displayed to them once they've finished loading back where they were. Then I remember how terrible the WoW community is.

And I've got a bit of a griefing story from recently. My guild leader asked me if I wanted to tag along for some LFR (basically, WoW's easy-mode raiding). I accepted, but decided to give it a go on my Protection/Tank Paladin. Said Paladin's gear is... Incredibly lovely would be putting it mildly.

We queued up for the first half of Mogu'shan Vaults (probably the easiest LFR), and beat the first boss fight without much trouble. As we're clearing the way to the next fight, I find out that I somehow came in as a DPS instead of a tank, which threw off the two other tanks, since nearly all raid bosses these days are only designed around having two tanks. They got rather vocal about it, up to threatening to kick me, despite my attempts to explain to them that my DPS gear was even worse than what I was in. We eventually got through the next boss without much hassle and with the other tanks cooled off a bit, and made our way to the last one in that half of the raid.

At that point, I decided to try pushing their buttons one more time, and started trying to mess with them by taunting the boss into attacking me as much as I could before the other tanks would realize what was up and taunt back to themselves. As it just so happened, said boss has an ability that has the side effect of making him focus exclusively on attacking whoever his current target is, and I managed to time my taunt just in time for me to get hit by that ability. To say the tanks and others in the raid were immensely pissed off that a certain guy wasn't getting hit by the boss wouldn't be doing it justice. They told me they were kicking me (Blizzard implemented a mechanic to prevent people from being kicked from a randomly-formed group in the middle of fighting a boss or rolling on loot), were reporting me, and so on. I decided to stoke their anger by having the boss focused on me as much as I could for nearly all of the fight, managing to keep alive because my guild leader was a healer and also found it hilarious. Really, I regret not taking screens of it, save that there was... A lot of rather racist, homophobic, etc. insults flying around the longer it went on.

Wait, so they were mad that you were successfully tanking the instance? If you were getting yourself killed it would be one thing but why were they so mad if it was working?

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Taciturn Tactician posted:

Wait, so they were mad that you were successfully tanking the instance? If you were getting yourself killed it would be one thing but why were they so mad if it was working?

Because he wasn't doing it riiiiiiiiiiight :qq:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

They were mad because he took control away from them. A lot of people who play that role are control freaks and lose their poo poo if you take control away.

• Locked thread