Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
So I have the set pieces from the roulette and the epic bosses, and there will be a gold weapon thats part of the set, but whats the 4th?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

You get it automatically when you complete the 20th task.

That's the way all the Spec Ops have worked, I believe.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

team overhead smash posted:

You get it automatically when you complete the 20th task.

That's the way all the Spec Ops have worked, I believe.

Ah okay, so in about 12 hours i'll have it.

gently caress, blackheart's summonings really should be a lot later, not in the 2nd turn.

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

I'm mad because of a thorn in my impenetrable hide
Haha, I managed to recruit Satana before Daimon. Now I'm going to have to fight Mephisto with a forced low-level character.

Eh, I can just get her a quick level and she'll be fine.

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free

twistedmentat posted:

Ah okay, so in about 12 hours i'll have it.

gently caress, blackheart's summonings really should be a lot later, not in the 2nd turn.

They can be later, it just means you're doing a lot of damage to him in the first turn.

Question: I have 53 command points, Iron Man, Widow, Hawkeye, Iron Fist, She-Hulk, and War Machine (All at level 6-7). Should I keep on saving until I can afford a 90-point hero (thinking Hulk), or should I recruit a few more now? Also, who's best for me to grab?

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
Not supposed to be here today

Jeabus Mahogany posted:

Haha, I managed to recruit Satana before Daimon. Now I'm going to have to fight Mephisto with a forced low-level character.

Eh, I can just get her a quick level and she'll be fine.

She's an optional team up, you don't need to use her against Mephisto. If you haven't done the task that involves using her second power, you can do it outside the SpecOps if you've already got her.

JohnnyCanuck posted:

They can be later, it just means you're doing a lot of damage to him in the first turn.

Question: I have 53 command points, Iron Man, Widow, Hawkeye, Iron Fist, She-Hulk, and War Machine (All at level 6-7). Should I keep on saving until I can afford a 90-point hero (thinking Hulk), or should I recruit a few more now? Also, who's best for me to grab?

If you've gotten to chapter 4, then Storm lets you reach the epic boss at 4-4, which is the best place to grind CP until you reach chapter 12. I would consider getting her (and some other cheap characters if you don't have enough to unlock chapter 4, I don't remember how many heroes were required) because having access to that epic fight makes getting more heroes easier.

sakeyake
Feb 1, 2004

JohnnyCanuck posted:

What I always suggest is to grab Storm and grind the hell out of epic Magneto in 4-4. 4-4 is tough though, so don't exit the mission to get your star total. Just reset it after collecting your epic reward.

Once you start farming, sit on the CP. Your goal should be to recruit the heroes needed for the first Spec Ops you have a reasonable chance of completing and stay on top of recruiting the heroes for them from that point on. It will save you a lot of CP and waiting in the long run.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Biofeedback can now cause stun?

Omega Sentinel became even more of a must use in PVP.

Fred is on
Dec 25, 2007

Riders...
IN SPACE!
Apparently they showed a "trailer" for Season 2 at Comic-con, and it explained those new icons from the sneak peek: One is "Heroic Battles", basically forcing a thematically appropriate team-up on your entire team (which doesn't always include the Agent) like I guess having the Fantastic Three fight Doom, and the other is "Incursions" which pit you against another hero team with an agent (like in PvP) who must presumably hail from an evil mirror dimension. That actually sounds pretty neat.

Meanwhile, the last patch was supposed to prevent Blackheart from getting healed by his teammates, but I just saw them do it. Ah, well.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

JohnnyCanuck posted:

Like people have said, grab Storm for 4-4. If you get bored grinding that chapter, go back and start 5-starring the earlier missions. (Black Widow and Hawkeye will yield the most points, Iron Man and War Machine are pretty good, too.)

If you want to unlock subsequent chapters, you're going to have to pick up more heroes. If you don't get Spec Ops/Lockbox/PvP heroes, then you should probably grab the 15-point ones, starting with Cyclops.

Or is it Sputnik
Aug 22, 2009

Oh, Ho-oh oh oh, oh whoa oh oh oh
I'll get 'em caught, show Oak what I've got

Codependent Poster posted:

Biofeedback can now cause stun?

Omega Sentinel became even more of a must use in PVP.
10% chance, so I wouldn't say it's huge.

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008

Or is it Sputnik posted:

10% chance, so I wouldn't say it's huge.

Bumped to 80% or something in PvP I imagine. Can't wait for Wasp/Spider-Woman teams!

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

From SDCC:

-Season 2 out "extremely soon," i.e. we/they don't know. Chapter mastery will be new outfits, White Iron Fist is the reward for S2C1, 90's Cyclops for Chapter 2.

-More Circle of 8 poo poo.

-SpecOps after this one is based off Dark Reign, Ares is the reward hero.

-Bishop next PVP hero which we know, we're finally going to have offensive/defensive teams, which means you'll never fight anyone other than Phoenix ever again.

-Elektra next lockbox reward, dunno if that's for SpecOps or PVP.

-Moon Knight/Squirrel Girl/Brother Voodoo available "soon".

-Infinity SpecOps, Thanos, blah blah blah.

Really, nothing that we didn't already know, was leaked by dataminers, or stuff we could assume.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006

Jetfire posted:

Bumped to 80% or something in PvP I imagine. Can't wait for Wasp/Spider-Woman teams!

I've seen them show something along the lines of "AI opponents don't have a better chance of triggering effects in PVP" as one of the tips when the game loads.

Here's some info from an article on the ComicCon panel:

quote:

The facebook/web/now mobile game, Marvel Avengers Alliance came up next, with a trailer teasing Season 2. Justin Woods said it's coming out "extremely soon," though no exact date could be given. There are new experiences, with a revamped chapter mastery system, based on accomplishing different events from different maps. Character costumes are the new rewards for chapter completion. The Circle of 8 is the new main villain group.

Chapter 2 of the second season will "really dig into the story." Spec Op 12 is "Dark Reign," with the Dark Avengers, run not by Norman Osborn, but by "Dell Rusk," and Ares is the reward hero. PVP Season 10 brings Bishop in, as well as separate offensive and defensive PVP teams, plus PvE - it's all separated now.

Squirrel Girl, Moon Knight, Brother Voodoo, and Elektra are all on the way as playable characters - with the final being a new lockbox character.

The previously announced Infinity Spec Op will feature a new character, new to the Marvel Universe. If you're a new player on Playdom.com/SDCC, you get a free item, Woods announced, as well.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
Dark Reign will be cute if you're stuck in the Thunderbolts or something and Victoria Hand plays the straight man instead of Maria Hill. I hope the Norm replacement is entertaining, but I don't get the point. He could easily use the Iron Patriot costume, be the Green Goblin or some special edition Patriot Goblin or something ridiculous.

poo poo, then there's The List. So Norm could have had you squaring off against AIM and Hydra, before going after the Hulk, Daredevil or a team up against Spider-Man and have him get crazier as the quests progress. Heck, make it a season!

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006

Bell_ posted:

Dark Reign will be cute if you're stuck in the Thunderbolts or something and Victoria Hand plays the straight man instead of Maria Hill. I hope the Norm replacement is entertaining, but I don't get the point. He could easily use the Iron Patriot costume, be the Green Goblin or some special edition Patriot Goblin or something ridiculous.

poo poo, then there's The List. So Norm could have had you squaring off against AIM and Hydra, before going after the Hulk, Daredevil or a team up against Spider-Man and have him get crazier as the quests progress. Heck, make it a season!

They probably figure that since he's the Green Goblin and fighting against SHIELD right up until the end of Season 1, it wouldn't make sense to have him suddenly in charge of SHIELD/HAMMER for Season 2.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

You do know who the replacement is, don't you? Dell Rusk? Just think about it for a minute.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
It took me a moment to figure it out, and it will do nicely for a spec ops. While I'd still prefer Norman, Mr Anagram probably fits better in the story they're trying to tell, namely blah-blah iso-8 blah blah.

Edit vvvvvvvvv I think I'd like it more than Avengers vs X-Men

Bell_ fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Jul 20, 2013

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Purple Man or someone else with mind control powers would be kind of cool. Like all of a sudden Fury and Hill are giving you orders to do very strange things and then through the spec ops it's revealed that someone else is in control of Shield. Then they'd be the epic boss for that Spec Ops.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

That Infinity Spec Ops bit makes it sound like we're getting Angela, which would unfortunately make sense

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas
I'm curious why 4.4 is the grinding level of choice. I mean, I'm not doubting it, I just don't really understand. It costs 80 energy (I think?) to do 4.4 with Magneto, so two spins of the roulette-- but I could do two spins in 1.1 for 30 energy each. I've played 4.4 plenty of times, and I've never noticed getting a higher rate of CP than in 1.1, and I already have the magnetic field generator.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Opopanax posted:

That Infinity Spec Ops bit makes it sound like we're getting Angela, which would unfortunately make sense

That makes the most sense, as they seem to think we care about Angela. Being played by Karen Gillian in the GoG is about the only way they can make me care.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Archyduke posted:

I'm curious why 4.4 is the grinding level of choice. I mean, I'm not doubting it, I just don't really understand. It costs 80 energy (I think?) to do 4.4 with Magneto, so two spins of the roulette-- but I could do two spins in 1.1 for 30 energy each. I've played 4.4 plenty of times, and I've never noticed getting a higher rate of CP than in 1.1, and I already have the magnetic field generator.

Max CP you can get with 2 spins on 1.1 is 10, max with 2 spins (one being the epic spin) on 4.4. is 15

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Codependent Poster posted:

You do know who the replacement is, don't you? Dell Rusk? Just think about it for a minute.

Or read the Avengers when Dell Rusk was the name of a senator with an evil secret identity and plan to ruin America. And Black Panther broke his drat jaw.

Mister Chompers
Sep 11, 2011

Archyduke posted:

Dataminers have found 1.1, 1.2, and 12.2 have a reduced drop rate.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006

Mister Chompers posted:

Dataminers have found 1.1, 1.2, and 12.2 have a reduced drop rate.

I knew about 12.2, but I didn't realized they changed 1.1 and 1.2 also. Even with the change, 12.2 has the highest average CP drop rate.

Archyduke posted:

70 energy for a normal and epic boss spin yields more average CP than 60 energy for two normal boss spins. If you want to go the two spin route, I'd do 7.3 over 1.1 or 1.2; you get more deploys out of it, and if Chompers is right it may be the only 30 energy mission without a reduced rate (before you hit Chapter 12 and everything goes out the window, of course).

Mister Chompers
Sep 11, 2011

Sefer posted:

I knew about 12.2, but I didn't realized they changed 1.1 and 1.2 also. Even with the change, 12.2 has the highest average CP drop rate.

Nah 1.1 and 1.2 weren't a recent change, they were reported lower a while back.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas
Thanks, everybody. I wasn't aware of the reduced drop rate, and I also somehow missed that you could get 10 CP from Magneto.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
Just finished 4 starring for the last lockbox task, and that got me more than enough to get Satana. I'm still not done leveling Daimon, Angel, or Red Hulk, either; nice to actually have to make decisions on who you're leveling.

Fred is on
Dec 25, 2007

Riders...
IN SPACE!

Sefer posted:

Just finished 4 starring for the last lockbox task, and that got me more than enough to get Satana.

Meanwhile I just did that and got nothing but duplicates, leaving me with two covers to go still. :shepicide: I guess part of that's my own fault since I still manage to get killed by Blackheart, but I'll go with "Lockboxes are bullshit".

twistedmentat posted:

That makes the most sense, as they seem to think we care about Angela. Being played by Karen Gillian in the GoG is about the only way they can make me care.

I keep wanting to go on the Playdom forums and parody those inane "MAKE CHARACTER X PLAYABLE, PLAYDOM" threads by requesting Marvelman, but I don't think anyone there would get the joke.

CDW
Aug 26, 2004
Brute is the poo poo. Bosses never recharge so pretty much any bossfight with it is hit them once, then just stand around till they kill themselves. Seeing this, I guarantee it'll get nerfed because of PVP. It also causes massive stat loss.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Don't forget that the iOS PvP ends in 2 days. So if you are close to the next rank, grind out a few battles and get yourself something nice. I know that I can get to Diamond, so that's my goal in the next 48 hours.

VextheGrey
Dec 3, 2000

"No, Sasquatch! NOOOOO!!"
180 lockboxes opened, 6 covers. I feel like I'm just being trolled by them at this point.

Fred is on
Dec 25, 2007

Riders...
IN SPACE!
Hahahahahahaha, oh my god. That was totally worth the buildup. It's like a Rob Liefeld character factory exploded.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

I dunno I see feet and only the Bruiser type looks like he mainlines HGH.

Georgia Peach
Jan 7, 2005

SECESSION IS FUTILE

Fred is on posted:

Hahahahahahaha, oh my god. That was totally worth the buildup. It's like a Rob Liefeld character factory exploded.

More like the Naruto factory exploded.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

That's only 5! Come on Playdom, get it together :colbert:

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
That's stupid; if you fight Tac Blackheart, the inf demons he summons aren't counted for the task.

MagusProject
Apr 20, 2008

twistedmentat posted:

That's stupid; if you fight Tac Blackheart, the inf demons he summons aren't counted for the task.

Technically they are; just not right away. I completed that quest off a Tac Blackheart, just something like 6-12 hours after the fact.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Chompers
Sep 11, 2011
They counted right away for me, that's weird.

• Locked thread