Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Foodahn posted:

That would be how I missed it.

Man, fair enough. Gaming Journalism~

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Foodahn posted:

What is this? I assumed Yolo Wizard just called him a disgusting pile of poo poo because.. physically he looks like a disgusting pile of poo poo

Not sure what the Cross Assault thing's about, but I know he was also a really big weird rear end creep to Kayo Police before.

It's almost kind of cute at first but then it just goes oooon.

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...
He has a homeless guy's beard and he's... a weird creep? I-I don't know what to say :ohdear:

ParanoidInc
Apr 27, 2013

You dun scuffed me for the last time you no-good Zayn boy!
Fun Shoe

nunsexmonkrock posted:

Sorry guys I always miss message notifications for invites. I'll send one out.

Edit: None of you are playing Injustice at the moment. Catch you guys later.

Hey, if you see me playing God of War or Dark Souls or whatever feel free to shoot me an invite too, I'd generally rather be playing fighting games with goons instead.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

Dre2Dee2 posted:

He has a homeless guy's beard and he's... a weird creep? I-I don't know what to say :ohdear:

Looking like a nasty creep doesn't permit you to be a nasty creep, especially when you can actually have some influence over people's opinions and behavior.

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
Great Harley. You let me win that one time didn't you. Ha ha.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

nunsexmonkrock posted:

Great Harley. You let me win that one time didn't you. Ha ha.

I was fishing for a super but you got me that time. :shobon: Still can't get the timing right after her b3.

deepshock
Sep 26, 2008

Poor zombies never stood a chance.
If you see me on xbox, and want me to play injustice, you can shoot me an invite as long as I'm not actively engaged in a match or set of matches with someone I know. If I don't respond, that's why.

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
^^I'm on PS3 sorry :(

Similar with me, I still can't get Wonder Woman's B3 to connect mid combo online, so I've given up on it.

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Looking like a nasty creep doesn't permit you to be a nasty creep, especially when you can actually have some influence over people's opinions and behavior.

No argument here

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
Great games WarEternal. That random Catwoman vs catwoman had me laughing my rear end off. I really need to learn someone other than Wonder Woman...but I liker her so much!

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche
So, I beat a random guy with Harley. We go for a rematch, he picks Superman, tries to zone me, and I zone him back with Harley's guns. 15 seconds in, he ragequits, and then I get this wonderful message:

quote:

This ain't CoD

It sure isn't. :allears:

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
It's better than when they quit during a super or a stage transition when they only have like 10% health left. At least he didn't waste a lot of your time.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
The game is getting new S.T.A.R. Labs missions as DLC - 40 missions (10 per DLC character), out July 23. Free to season pass owners, $1.99 to everyone else.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

The game is getting new S.T.A.R. Labs missions as DLC - 40 missions (10 per DLC character), out July 23. Free to season pass owners, $1.99 to everyone else.

:getin:
Hopefully they fully implement the characters (icons, backgrounds, model viewer)

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Liar Lyre posted:

:getin:
Hopefully they fully implement the characters (icons, backgrounds, model viewer)

That's what I've really been wanting too, some neat icons and stuff for the newer characters. :buddy:

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

I'd complain about how stupid the missions are in general but the price is fair.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
Have they confirmed a second season pass yet? I was thinking about getting the next pass if they did, but at this point they have so god drat much dlc in characters and costume packs, I would probably wait for a GotY version.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Oh god drat it, I'm gonna have to clear these to get their alt costumes, aren't I?

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Lurdiak posted:

Oh god drat it, I'm gonna have to clear these to get their alt costumes, aren't I?

It's only $1.99 so I doubt it.

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008

KGBAgent185 posted:

Have they confirmed a second season pass yet? I was thinking about getting the next pass if they did, but at this point they have so god drat much dlc in characters and costume packs, I would probably wait for a GotY version.

This is the only fighting game I play. But I do know th goty versions come with all the DLC. can goty and non-goty versions play each other online?

vvv: Awesome, thank you.

nunsexmonkrock fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Jul 19, 2013

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Generally, yes. The GOTY disc is almost never a new pressing, they just bundle all the DLC in the package.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Was Mortal Kombat's GOTY edition not a new pressing in the States? I'm pretty sure the release in Australia was, but that's understandably a different situation.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche
What am I supposed to do if I reached 100 wins with a certain character online but didn't get any icon/background unlocks? It's driving me insane.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Aphrodite posted:

The GOTY disc is almost never a new pressing, they just bundle all the DLC in the package.

Notable exceptions to this of course being the GOTY versions of Arkham City, Arkham Asylum and Mortal Kombat (basically any GOTY Warner Bros. puts out). MK's multiplayer works fine across both versions though so you get the best of both worlds.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Krad posted:

What am I supposed to do if I reached 100 wins with a certain character online but didn't get any icon/background unlocks? It's driving me insane.

I don't think anyone here can help you, maybe tweet that at @InjusticeGames?

Also I got to learn the Doomsday matchup, I can put up a fight against just about anyone with Bane except that guy. Rushdown'd and pounded, every time.

Just A Friend
Jan 11, 2010

Krad posted:

Wins you got from disconnects by either you, the opponent or the system don't count toward icons or achievements. Most likely because they're only counted until after the win screen of a battle.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

Just A Friend posted:

Wins you got from disconnects by either you, the opponent or the system don't count toward icons or achievements. Most likely because they're only counted until after the win screen of a battle.

Even if my record shows 102 wins? I guess I can try playing some more hoping it'll eventually work. Can't do much more than that.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Krad posted:

Even if my record shows 102 wins? I guess I can try playing some more hoping it'll eventually work. Can't do much more than that.

That record also counts single player wins, I believe.

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

I'm fairly certain that it does, I haven't managed to win with The Joker once online, yet I have a couple wins with him.

Also, Andy, sorry I missed our session on Monday. Works been running me wild. Any time tomorrow work for ya?

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

I hope you guys are right, I just want Harley's background and I don't know for how long I can keep winning with her. :ohdear:

Edit: apparently, that was the problem after all. Won a couple of matches just now and got my unlocks. Too bad the portrait was not what I expected. At least it worked!

Krad fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Jul 20, 2013

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Unbound posted:

I'm fairly certain that it does, I haven't managed to win with The Joker once online, yet I have a couple wins with him.

Also, Andy, sorry I missed our session on Monday. Works been running me wild. Any time tomorrow work for ya?

No worries, I'm pretty busy all week. I'm sure we'll get some games in soon. Fingers x'd.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
MMH will be availaible July 30, no news about a second season pass yet though.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

MMH will be availaible July 30, no news about a second season pass yet though.

Well for MK9 on PS3, they didn't release a season pass until AFTER all the characters were released. So that might happen again. Hope not, because that's a pretty lovely thing to do.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

I'm not sure they're going to do more than 2 characters: MM (Hero) and Red Hood (Villain). I mean the 3rd character would be Zatanna (judging by popularity), but then they need another villain and who would that be?

rocket USA
Sep 14, 2011

I'm not sure they're going to do more than 2 characters: MM (Hero) and Red Hood (Villain). I mean the 3rd character would be Zatanna (judging by popularity), but then they need another villain and who would that be?

Larfleeze. :getin:

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

They could do two heroes, one villain, one non-DC character as an inverse on Season 1.

They only said no more MK characters, not no more non-DC characters.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

jscolon2.0 posted:

They could do two heroes, one villain, one non-DC character as an inverse on Season 1.

They only said no more MK characters, not no more non-DC characters.

So my dream of having Freakazoid may still have some merit?

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

Don't they literally have a Red Hood skin for Joker? I mean, I know the canon around him is pretty slanted and devious, but I doubt they'd release a character who is widely accepted, or at least whose entire existence is linked to, the Joker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

VarrosAnon posted:

Don't they literally have a Red Hood skin for Joker? I mean, I know the canon around him is pretty slanted and devious, but I doubt they'd release a character who is widely accepted, or at least whose entire existence is linked to, the Joker.

Talking about very different Red Hoods. The one they're dancing around adding is the Jason Todd version of Red Hood, which is a lot more like a weird Punisher-ish character.

• Locked thread