Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!

Gadzuko posted:

I can't open inventory or any vendor windows, it gives me a mouse cursor like it's open but there's no window there. I can't submit a bug about it because the submit bug interface doesn't open either :( /rui and restarting the program haven't helped so far.

Hit ESC three times. That clears it up for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yatch
Dec 13, 2010

Inimicul posted:

Those who want to make money fast should really join an ARES team. I keep saying this and I'll say it some more. Chosen are made of money. I pulled in ~500cy from killing a strike team. About the same recapturing a tower. Missions give out anywhere from 500-1000cy if there's enough Chosen there, not to mention the reward for actually completing the mission. The only way to make money faster is to just run around opening supply crates. They usually have about 100cy per crate.

The fastest resource/cy famring i've found is doing 10min bwa runs, is running around doing ares/supply crates really faster?

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
No, not at all, but it's something you can do solo. BWA really is the cash/xp cow.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

So... where on the website are my giveaway keys hidden?
I've always despised the layout as it is near impossible for me to remember how to navigate to the drat thing - but I want to give out some ensign tiki masks and for the life of me I cannot find where those keys are stored on the Firefall site.

E:-Nevermind that. Was pointed in the right direction!-

That said - I haven't touched the game in about two months. Is there anything noteworthy that has changed, short of the new tiers and item droppage? Any new things to do, mainly? I feel like I've done all there is to do, which isnt to say the game isn't fun anymore. How is the instance, for that matter?

DarkDobe fucked around with this message at 13:29 on Jul 19, 2013

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
Tier 3 and 4 gear must be experienced to believe. It's that good. Especially when you do the 3 instances to get keyed for the 4th, Blackwater Anomaly. You can get some really good drops in there that you can turn around and use against them in subsequent runs. I have tons of fun running around blitzing the new ARES missions and farming AMPs to max out my frames. You owe it to yourself to go on a Blackwater Anomaly run at least once.

Lemonking, I just played around a bit on the PTS and although I can't tell a difference in the HMG, I adore the new tutorial buttons. :D

Raneman
Dec 24, 2010

by T. Finninho
In the Echoes from Sertao mission it told me to make the Copacabana Arcfold Modulator, so I did. Now I've teleported into the pocket, and was dicking around for a very long time. The problem though, is that the objective still says "Manufacture Copacabana Modulator." Will I be able to do anything interesting in the pocket if I do have the modlulator, but the game doesn't recognize it?

I don't think I'll be able to get the other 2 keys unless I can find some way to get the doodads required without the stuff Echoes of Sertao gives.

Raneman fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Jul 19, 2013

Raneman
Dec 24, 2010

by T. Finninho

Inimicul posted:

Those who want to make money fast should really join an ARES team. I keep saying this and I'll say it some more. Chosen are made of money. I pulled in ~500cy from killing a strike team. About the same recapturing a tower. Missions give out anywhere from 500-1000cy if there's enough Chosen there, not to mention the reward for actually completing the mission. The only way to make money faster is to just run around opening supply crates. They usually have about 100cy per crate.

Alternatively, if you're like me and can't stop dicking around, dicking around inside Melding pockets appears to have higher returns.

fromoutofnowhere
Mar 19, 2004

Enjoy it while you can.
Refining stuff also gives a pretty decent return.

boodah
Dec 22, 2004
boodah the hutt
I gave up after I discovered that once my gear all broke I'd have to re-make it. I would rarely get into groups in my Dragonfly frame, so I wound up soloing ARES missions...but those rarely return blue quality materials in quantities that I'd need to rebuild my gear (which was built with blue/purple quality stuff from earlier stages in the beta).

I have a Recluse frame that I used to farm personal thumpers solo and it's up to needing tokens to progress, but I don't really want it to be my primary frame and don't have good materials to make stuff with anyways.

Do running the instances really give that much that you can run with the t4 gear and not worry about money/materials for rebuilding gear?

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

Raneman posted:

In the Echoes from Sertao mission it told me to make the Copacabana Arcfold Modulator, so I did. Now I've teleported into the pocket, and was dicking around for a very long time. The problem though, is that the objective still says "Manufacture Copacabana Modulator." Will I be able to do anything interesting in the pocket if I do have the modlulator, but the game doesn't recognize it?

I don't think I'll be able to get the other 2 keys unless I can find some way to get the doodads required without the stuff Echoes of Sertao gives.
The quest has nothing to do with getting rewards. As long as you have the modulator and can get into the pocket, you are fine. Also, what do you mean about the Echoes of Sertao comment? You need the 3 items the quest gives you. 1 item for each key. If you don't have those items and you can't get the quest, put in a ticket with support.

boodah posted:

I gave up after I discovered that once my gear all broke I'd have to re-make it. I would rarely get into groups in my Dragonfly frame, so I wound up soloing ARES missions...but those rarely return blue quality materials in quantities that I'd need to rebuild my gear (which was built with blue/purple quality stuff from earlier stages in the beta).

I have a Recluse frame that's up to needing tokens to progress, but I don't really want it to be my primary frame, and don't have good materials to make stuff with anyways.

Do running the instances really give that much that you can run with the t4 gear and not worry about money/materials for rebuilding gear?
Keep in mind that drops only have 1000 durability. Crafted items have between 6000-10000 durability. That being said, I have tons and tons of weapons just sitting in my inventory. Each time you run BWA, you are practically guaranteed item drops off the elite Chosen. But it is all random. You are just as likely to get a white T1 item for a frame you don't have than items for your current frame. If you are having trouble keeping equipment, you could try buying some stuff off the Marketplace (ALT+M). Or asking your fellow goons to craft something for you.

boodah
Dec 22, 2004
boodah the hutt

Nalin posted:

Keep in mind that drops only have 1000 durability. Crafted items have between 6000-10000 durability. That being said, I have tons and tons of weapons just sitting in my inventory. Each time you run BWA, you are practically guaranteed item drops off the elite Chosen. But it is all random. You are just as likely to get a white T1 item for a frame you don't have than items for your current frame. If you are having trouble keeping equipment, you could try buying some stuff off the Marketplace (ALT+M). Or asking your fellow goons to craft something for you.

I just logged in to check a few things:

I've got 9k crystite, 500k xp and zero access to the market, since I re-bound my left alt to PTT (which is the way I've used Vent/TS/VOIP in other games previously). Looking at the interface options, this appears to be a permanent loss, since there's no way to rebind the market to anything else; holding left alt queues the mic, pressing m opens the map. Right alt does nothing at all, and the map opens as well.

Largely the resources I have an excess of that are decent quality I've not had a use for in making any of my gear or progression.

Maybe I just need to join the goon army (if there is one) and leech a bit before all my gear breaks and goes back to being t0-t1.

Yatch
Dec 13, 2010

boodah posted:

zero access to the market, since I re-bound my left alt to PTT (which is the way I've used Vent/TS/VOIP in other games previously). Looking at the interface options, this appears to be a permanent loss, since there's no way to rebind the market to anything else;

Pressing C and right-clicking once should get you to the market aswell

Alkanos
Jul 20, 2009

Ia! Ia! Cthulhu Fht-YAWN
Quick warning to folks that like to play supporting types. If you're doing a Tornado you need to do a decent amount of damage to the floating shard things to get credit/XP. I've been playing around with the Biotech and had a blast running around focusing on healing and killing the mobs spawned by the tornado. I took a few clips worth of shots at the shards while waiting for the next wave to spawn, but nothing significant. After the tornado went down, I realized I didn't get any rewards or XP. You'd think it would count the dozens of bugs I wiped out, but I guess not. :goleft:

MS Paint
Sep 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Nalin posted:

The quest has nothing to do with getting rewards. As long as you have the modulator and can get into the pocket, you are fine. Also, what do you mean about the Echoes of Sertao comment? You need the 3 items the quest gives you. 1 item for each key. If you don't have those items and you can't get the quest, put in a ticket with support.

Nalin, I am going to have some servos tonight that might mitigate my run speed problem for the time being. you going to be on for BWA speed runs? or are you going to be elsewhere?

boodah
Dec 22, 2004
boodah the hutt

Yatch posted:

Pressing C and right-clicking once should get you to the market aswell

Indeed it does. If what I'm told is correct, and you can't sell things that have damaged durability then the prices seem fairly reasonable, provided you can make money relatively swiftly.

Maybe I'll try that out.

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Oh, it's true. You are Brock Landers!
Salad Prong

boodah posted:

Indeed it does. If what I'm told is correct, and you can't sell things that have damaged durability then the prices seem fairly reasonable, provided you can make money relatively swiftly.

Maybe I'll try that out.

I really hope this game implements some trading feature, or army repository or something. I'd much rather donate my lower level stuff to newgoons rather than sell it for a few cy. I have so much gear it's not even funny.

Also, does anyone know what inventory overflow actually does? Does it hide certain items I have in my possession when I bring up my inventory? Anyway to cycle through to see the hidden stuff?

Lemon King
Oct 4, 2009

im nt posting wif a mark on my head

xxEightxx posted:

Also, does anyone know what inventory overflow actually does? Does it hide certain items I have in my possession when I bring up my inventory? Anyway to cycle through to see the hidden stuff?
Overflow does nothing right now, its just a stub for a feature that may come down the line in the future.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

boodah posted:

... and zero access to the market, since I re-bound my left alt to PTT (which is the way I've used Vent/TS/VOIP in other games previously). Looking at the interface options, this appears to be a permanent loss, since there's no way to rebind the market to anything else; holding left alt queues the mic, pressing m opens the map. Right alt does nothing at all, and the map opens as well.

Maybe I just need to join the goon army (if there is one) and leech a bit before all my gear breaks and goes back to being t0-t1.
Seems like there is a conflict with the "Reserved Modifier Key". By default, that key is ALT so you can make ALT+keybinds. Maybe try changing it to something like CTRL?

Also, the current two open armies are [FAT] Goon Platoon and [Gewns] Thumper in the Rear. [GOONS] Goon Squad and [LLJK] Goon Squad II are currently full. It doesn't matter which one you join, though, as you will still be able to chat and play with everybody else.

Alkanos posted:

After the tornado went down, I realized I didn't get any rewards or XP. You'd think it would count the dozens of bugs I wiped out, but I guess not. :goleft:
Did you damage the core? It seems like the only piece that matters is the core.

Rhonyn Peacemaker posted:

Nalin, I am going to have some servos tonight that might mitigate my run speed problem for the time being. you going to be on for BWA speed runs? or are you going to be elsewhere?
I'll only be on until 8pm PST or so. But I am down for whatever until then.

Gadzuko
Feb 14, 2005

Inimicul posted:

Hit ESC three times. That clears it up for me.

Did not help, unfortunately. Logged off overnight and I still can't open inventory, vendor windows or bug reports, and the web support links are giving a 502 error. I can still play at least, guess I'll just deal with it until I can get a ticket in.

Lemon King
Oct 4, 2009

Gadzuko posted:

Did not help, unfortunately. Logged off overnight and I still can't open inventory, vendor windows or bug reports, and the web support links are giving a 502 error. I can still play at least, guess I'll just deal with it until I can get a ticket in.

Web Issues are known right now, there was a post about a patch going out to clear up these issues.

e: 1679 is now on Live!

Lemon King fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Jul 20, 2013

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
Please tell me the TUTORIAL changes from the PTS are carried over. I love the fact that there's big gently caress off buttons that say TUTORIAL on half the things now to make sure people watch the videos.

How do I get gas?

fromoutofnowhere
Mar 19, 2004

Enjoy it while you can.
For the tornado issue, you need to actually damage the freaking shards and the main core to get any exp from the event. You don't have to do much though, I think like 1% gets you credit. I haven't noticed a change from almost soloing a tornado to just tapping the shards, I think they both give the same exp and rewards.

I finally picked up the last key for the new instances, and today picked up the BW key piece from the copa instance. Looks like it's going to take for ever to actually build the key though, as it's another 4k x 4 resources that I don't have at the moment since I'm trying to replace and upgrade all of my frames.

I've been looking to try and find better (purple) resources, but have yet to find any, is that only available in bw rewards or do you have to be really lucky to pick them up?

edit: haha, powerfield and chosen LMG got nerfed.

fromoutofnowhere fucked around with this message at 07:30 on Jul 20, 2013

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
http://www.rawr4firefall.com/?q=live-resource-feed

Thumping in the melding pockets is your friend.

Edit: The change to the chosen laser hmg is understandable. It's still a beastly gun but doesn't put my other T4 chosen weapons to shame anymore. What's this about a power field nerf? I read the patch notes.

Inimicul fucked around with this message at 12:21 on Jul 20, 2013

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Just started playing this about a week ago, and I'm pretty impressed at how drat addictive this game is for me. It doesn't help that the fun stuff is the best way to grind. Some of the time requirements on crafting seem a bit crazy, but they aren't too bad. And if they added the Tribes' skiing (more things need to add skiing), movement would be absolutely perfect.

Quick question though. For DNA is it quicker to go chain-thump or to run around and kill things/their nests?

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1
ugh. loving great.
Built my third bastion dialectric last night, finished grinding out the 1.25 million xp this morning, and when I went to level up, it says I only have two. Meaning, 10,000 crystite, 5000 regenerics ( I no longer have a single stack of trash to use, I had just enough ), and 75 AP worth of components vanished. That's loving lovely.

Anything I can do about that besides suck it up and deal? I now need to at the least meld some ingredients and do more missions so I can build the last one :(

I have a Multi Turret IV waiting to be used and after a 5 day research and 12 hour build, the last thing I wanted to do was lose a loving component to the ether.

And no, I didn't use it. I've been at blue-1, blue-1, blue-2 for a while, so I would've had to have used 2 of them "Accidentally".

JonusRockweller
Jul 3, 2013
You'll need CPU 10 to even be able to use the Multi Turret IV but at least you'll have five and a half days to prepare.
Sucks that your Dialectrics went missing but as you said, there is a chance you may have accidentally used them on something else, pretty sure I've done the same thing before.

Oh, and fair warning besides the, "Every Turret placed uses up one durability". Multi Turret IV uses a crazy amount of Energy.

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1

JonusRockweller posted:

You'll need CPU 10 to even be able to use the Multi Turret IV but at least you'll have five and a half days to prepare.
Sucks that your Dialectrics went missing but as you said, there is a chance you may have accidentally used them on something else, pretty sure I've done the same thing before.

Oh, and fair warning besides the, "Every Turret placed uses up one durability". Multi Turret IV uses a crazy amount of Energy.

Hang on you're missing it.
I have CPU 9 and 1.25 mil xp, and I *HAD* 3 dialectrics crafted. I was waiting on my last 100k xp this morning, and the last few hours to craft the turret last night. I even dropped like 10k in durability increasing BS items when making this as well. :( Incidentally one of the items reduced Mass/Power some in return for some CPU.

It's bullshit to have lost such an expensive item.

And like I said, I was blue-1, blue-1, and blue-2 for a long time, so when I crafted my third dialectric, the only possible way I could've used anything is upgrading to blue-2 (cost:2) which didn't happen. I'm still 1/1/2. I specifically was going for red in CPU so I could do this, along with the 5 days of research and half day of crafting :(

glug fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Jul 20, 2013

DAVE!!!(c)(tm)
Feb 22, 2003
Looks like I'm going to need a metric shitload of copper to make all the targeting modules I'll need to fully upgrade the nighthawk armor.

Slifter
Feb 8, 2011

DAVE!!!(c)(tm) posted:

Looks like I'm going to need a metric shitload of copper to make all the targeting modules I'll need to fully upgrade the nighthawk armor.

In addition to the normal stuff keep an eye on the market. You can often find some really good deals, probably below 1cy per unit.

DAVE!!!(c)(tm)
Feb 22, 2003
I've also been running into a problem where I pick up items and can't sell them on the exchange. I have quite a nice heavy machine gun, but It doesn't show up for me to list it.

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1
I may have been in the wrong frame, and needed coincidentally the same components to craft my upgrade or something. From support:

Hey there,

I went ahead and looked up your manufacturing logs, your trade transactions, and your inventory and I believe you are right where you should be. This is what you have crafted:

7 Bastion Dialectrics totaling:

21 Milspec Actuators
7 Weapon Grade Crystite
70,000 Crystite
35,000 Regenics

1 Dragonfly Bio-Diffusors:

3 Milspec Actuators
1 Weapon Grade Crystite
10,000 Crystite
5,000 Biopolymer

In your trade transactions it shows you've bought 25 Milspec Actuators and 9 Weapon Grade Crystite. You've used 24 MAs and 8 WGCs, so that should leave you with one of each which I see in your inventory. Your Bastion is rank 8/8/9, which consumed 5 Bastion Dielectrics, leaving you with 2 left over in your inventory. Let me know if this sounds correct or if the inventory counts are off and I'll keep looking into it.

---
Good to know they keep detailed logs of this stuff so it's possible to reimburse if something does go wonky as hell. But, I need more AMP so I can make my dreams come true :/

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
Yeah, there's 4 groups of frames that require the same upgrades. You're not the only one who's accidentally upgraded the wrong frame.

Good thing you know someone who's always willing to chain-blitz ARES missions for AMPs.

Alkanos
Jul 20, 2009

Ia! Ia! Cthulhu Fht-YAWN
So, Recovery Missions. You'd think that if I'm doing a level 2 mission that folks would have done these things before. Heck, one's in a Dragonfly and the other's a Raptor so they should be pretty familiar with how the game works by now. They'd know that once you grab the stuff you need to carry out, a whole new wave of baddies would spawn and clog the level again. They'd know that unless you're in a really small mission area that grabbing the goods and sprinting for the exit with just a secondary weapon is a Bad Idea.

Nope, gonna grab that cargo and make a break for it leaving me behind to fight my way through solo. I got halfway out before I ran into where they apparently fell (two cargo items laying on the floor) and then died to the massive swarm of mobs they had left there.

Lemon King
Oct 4, 2009

There might be a Starter Pack change happening in the future: http://forums.firefallthegame.com/community/threads/what-do-you-want-to-see-in-a-starter-pack.1369741/
Now is a good time to give your opinions on what you want to see changed in the thread I linked.

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
I saw Gummz joke about the $1000 Everything All the Time package. You know there would be buyers though.

edit: Read through a couple more pages and people are alrady lining up for that option.

Inimicul fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Jul 20, 2013

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Support just told me they're working on the tutorial bugs for the next patch, and gave me 20 red beans for my troubles. Pretty cool.

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001
I'm lucky if I'm getting 12 frames per second. Everything was okay last night, even after I patched, so their servers must really be getting hammered today.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Is there any point in keeping a basic frame once you can access the specialized ones? I keep getting variations of "they let you get tokens :downs:" from people without anything more specific than that.

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1
They're all different? You might like to play a higher level dreadnaught and not particularly like either of it's variants or something?

Bio seemed cool, dragonfly seems weird. But I haven't given it time yet. I dunno.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

poptart_fairy posted:

Is there any point in keeping a basic frame once you can access the specialized ones? I keep getting variations of "they let you get tokens :downs:" from people without anything more specific than that.

The only things I can think of is the unique passive effect and the amount of time and resources spent on upgrading the basic frame. Although, I'm not sure about the inter-usability of parts. I know, for example, that the Recluse and Dragonfly can use Biotech parts while the Biotech cannot use theirs, but can the Recluse use Dragonfly parts? Like I mentioned I've only been playing for a little over a week, so it's fairly likely I'm missing something.

• Locked thread