Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

Why am I just now finding out about this?
I guess because nobody watches the Cleavland Show.
http://vimeo.com/53133035

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sauska
Sep 12, 2012

The more I listen the more I realize my favorite part is Assassin's bit in I'm In It and it makes me sad that for every one of those we have a Shaggy's entire career to contend with. Jamaican music dudes need edge

Captain Yesterday
Oct 8, 2007

Now it's time to do my people's native dance "DO THE HUSTLE"
I Am A God should get its own music video, if only to have this clip in it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8yy1ZkoPz8

Digi_Kraken
Sep 4, 2011

Captain Yesterday posted:

I Am A God should get its own music video, if only to have this clip in it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8yy1ZkoPz8

I always imagined a music video for "I Am A God" would feature a very disheveled and scruffy looking Kanye singing it to himself in the mirror, attempting to keep his composure. I think it would be pretty powerful.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

:techno:

after having listened to it relentlessly over the path month or so i'm chiming back in to say that this album is fantastic and makes more derivative hip hop sound extremely boring.

:chillpill:

temple posted:

The sample from Blood on the Leaves sounds good and shows how Nina Simone was a good singer to work with. I don't need to take it farther. In a way, it is showing unexpected outcomes, people hanging from trees instead of fruit and relationships making people bitter and hateful. I like to take a low concept interpretation and enjoyment from media and it works well for me.
:tipshat: :tipshat: :tipshat:

straight up brolic fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Jul 18, 2013

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

Things I listen to Kanye for:
  • Entertaining lyrics
  • Great production

Things this album contains:
  • Entertaining lyrics
  • Great production

My thumbs are firmly in the up position.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

If anything I thank Kanye for bringing us this brilliant thread. Praise Yeezus.

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
Also, the sample in "On Sight":

He'll give us what we need
It may not be what we want

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP FOREVER.
Exactly. I've said for a long time now, Kanye West is Batman.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

rear end Catchcum posted:

Exactly. I've said for a long time now, Kanye West is Batman.

Adam West is Batman.

Alec Eiffel
Sep 7, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I like Ye's sick rear end beats on this album.

And I didn't like Bound 2 initially, but it has grown on me.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
So I see Wikipedia now has Kanye West listed as the "lead" (well, he is listed first) producer on every single track on Yeezus. Originally there was some confusion about how much he had to do with the production. Has that been cleared up now that the official liner notes are out?

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug

thathonkey posted:

So I see Wikipedia now has Kanye West listed as the "lead" (well, he is listed first) producer on every single track on Yeezus. Originally there was some confusion about how much he had to do with the production. Has that been cleared up now that the official liner notes are out?
Going from this interview, it sounds like Kanye had a lot of co-producers coming in with the general ideas for the album, but he was very hands-on with shaping and finalizing the actual production.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

HorseRenoir posted:

Going from this interview, it sounds like Kanye had a lot of co-producers coming in with the general ideas for the album, but he was very hands-on with shaping and finalizing the actual production.

This is pretty much how all guest productions on all Kanye albums work. That's why all of his albums sound so consistently "him" despite a ton of different producers.

He's essentially a hands-on executive producer.

One True Koos
Jul 20, 2013

by angerbot

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

It's always fun when dumb people try to parody 'smart' writing, like a talking dog on youtube. The barks sound like 'I love you!'

I ruv you too, theflyingexecutive. I ruv you too.

Do you ever wonder why people have an image of you as being unbearably condescending?

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
SuperMechagodzilla is the epitome of bearably condescending.

numbs
Jul 20, 2013

by XyloJW
I was about to say, "this is not the right tracklist of yeezus!" but then I realized...

ashgromnies
Jun 19, 2004

thathonkey posted:

Not really. Pretty good rhyme pattern for a rapper like Kanye? Yes. Saying something clever or funny with that pattern? No.

Like I said earlier, it is simply an embarrassingly cornball line (not to mention offensive) that I daresay would wind up on the cutting room floor of a Weezy Action Bronson song. I think part of the reason it is getting so much hate is that the production kinda fades away for that part as if it is the greatest punchline ever worth highlighting. Like obviously someone was proud of that poo poo and that is part of what makes it so :ughh: (yes even for Kayne, a well known cornball)

Action Bronson mentions raping women outright in multiple songs and no fucks are given. Kanye makes a lovely throwaway line and people talk for pages.

The Rooster
Jul 25, 2004

If you've got white people problems I feel bad for you son
I've got 99 problems but being socially privileged ain't one
Well, this is the Kanye West thread. How many people posting here even know who Action Bronson is?

Also https://twitter.com/kanyewest/status/358614185086693377

quote:

I open the debate… The 2nd verse of New Slaves is the best rap verse of all time….meaning … OF ALL TIME IN THE HISTORY OF RAP MUSIC, PERIOD

numbs
Jul 20, 2013

by XyloJW

The Rooster posted:

Well, this is the Kanye West thread. How many people posting here even know who Action Bronson is?

I do. Not a bad rapper in my opinion.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Lol what

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

Glad to see fatherhood hasn't slowed down the Kanye coke train.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
Question: I'm the best, PERIOD.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

The Rooster posted:

I don't know if it's the best, but the whole for profit prison/Hamptons section is pretty god drat good, you guys.

The Rooster
Jul 25, 2004

If you've got white people problems I feel bad for you son
I've got 99 problems but being socially privileged ain't one
Because when someone says best of all time, I think "pretty good".

GET MONEY
Sep 7, 2003

:krakken::krakken::krakken:
Macklemore comes close at times but I certainly can't think of a better verse ever.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

GET MONEY posted:

Macklemore comes close at times but I certainly can't think of a better verse ever.

Totally.

Plum Chaser
Jul 2, 2011

by Lowtax
hahahah, this might not really have anything to do with the thread, but it has to do with kanye

http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/video.php?v=wshhF8u4crosR8LzC6C2

poor yeezus, always getting poo poo on for everything/anything he does.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

I AM BRAWW posted:

hahahah, this might not really have anything to do with the thread, but it has to do with kanye

Wearing a hoodie. Attacking a white guy who's provoking him...

This is a subtle piece of performance art in honor of Travon.

Kanye GOAT

KidDetective
Jul 21, 2013

-Atom- posted:

Totally.

Can't you feel the realness of that hip hop? Oof, Big Mack, get over here.

Can of Cloud
May 20, 2010
Ironic how the guy who got assaulted by Kanye immediately doesn't want to be filmed - hides his face as much as possible. loving dumb poo poo guy.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

I AM BRAWW posted:

People dog Kanye for how he reacts but it's such bullshit. Reading comments you'll see them say "if you don't want to get followed, don't get famous!" This attitude didn't make sense to me until I realized a lot of us would be perfectly happy being constantly followed and photographed.

Imagine you got into music or any creative field for the love of doing it and not the infamy, and really consider how annoying it would be to basically get trolled everywhere you go.

Also this guy is a pussy for needing paramedics like he got stomped in the street. Dude is clearly trying to rile up Ye and get some settlement money just as he stated.

Donovan Trip fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Jul 21, 2013

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW

echronorian posted:

Imagine you got into music or any creative field for the love of doing it and not the infamy, and really consider how annoying it would be to basically get trolled everywhere you go.

Also this guy is a pussy for needing paramedics like he got stomped in the street. Dude is clearly trying to rile up Ye and get some settlement money just as he stated.

Imagine being so selfish/childish that you would go up on stage at the grammys to interupt a 18 year old girl's acceptance of an award to tell her and everyone else that Beyonce's "Single Ladies" not only should have one the award, but was one of the best videos of all time.

Kanye has made some really good music, but he is a self-absorbed manchild whom I love to watch squirm.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

Miltank posted:

Imagine being so selfish/childish that you would go up on stage at the grammys to interupt a 18 year old girl's acceptance of an award to tell her and everyone else that Beyonce's "Single Ladies" not only should have one the award, but was one of the best videos of all time.
That had to be staged.

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG

temple posted:

That had to be staged.

There is always one "outrageous" moment like this at every single MTV movie awards. They're clearly fake.

I'm pretty sure someone involved with the Eminem/Borat one even admitted that one was fake.

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW

temple posted:

That had to be staged.

Doesn't really matter in terms of whether I sympathize with Kanye whining about the paparazzi or not.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
Wasn't that the same year his mom died? I dunno, dude was probably all over the place and MBDTF was full of guilt over some of his lovely attitudes. It was a stupid thing to do but he's a super emotional musician/rockstar. Beyonce was better anyway. :colbert:

This is way more defending of Kanye than I ever thought I would be doing. I guess I like his lovely attitude.

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Bass Bottles posted:

I'm pretty sure someone involved with the Eminem/Borat one even admitted that one was fake.

Yeah that was definitely staged, it was actually Bruno but Eminem said it was planned.

I really feel like we would have heard something about the Taylor Swift thing being a setup but who knows.

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =
Whether it was planned or not it was the biggest overreaction ever by Swift

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

temple
Jul 29, 2006

Will anyone argue that Beyonce didn't have the best video of that year?

Kanye messes with paps over personal stuff. I think they (artists/photographers) know each other.

• Locked thread